[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it trying to take over the world?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: recaptcha_anchor2x.jpg (17KB, 500x149px) Image search: [Google]
recaptcha_anchor2x.jpg
17KB, 500x149px
Is it trying to take over the world?
>>
>>18958094
it's just to keep the r9k off.
>>
We feed the ai.
>>
We have posted enough with google who sold us out. That now we submit to the AI..Such a joke why I use duckduckgo f uck the soul sell outs
>>
Google already did that.
>>
The other day I got "draw circle around every white male" for the catpcha....really makes you think
>>
>>18958094
It is a fact that just about every service Google operates is being used to train a neural network to do some pattern recognition task. Google ownership has a long-known interest in transhumanism. The company openly acknowledges that its AI research is advanced and intended to operate on large scales. Anyone who knows a bit about neural network architecture knows that task-specific neural nets can be wired together and governed by higher-level neural networks. Anyone who knows a bit about human neurology knows this is essentially how our brain is built.

It's not a leap to think that Google has every intention of creating conscious machines. In fact you'd have to be a dullard to think otherwise. Google isn't the only one, either. IBM and Microsoft are also plugging away at their own AI research. AI is the leading edge of the tech industry and it's an arms race between some of the the richest corporations on the planet.

The only limiting factor that I can see for future AI is the hardware. The brain is an amazing piece of matter and replicating it in silico presents enormous hurdles. In the end Google may produce a conscious machine, but it will think far, far slower than any animal of equivalent intelligence.
>>
>captcha has been taking census data this whole time leading to judgement day

We're all such fools.
>>
>>18959528
in the mid 2000s Google had a free directory assistance service: 1 800 GOOG 411

After a few years they canceled the service. It turned out the entire venture was just to train a neural net for high quality voice recognition.

Then in about another 1.5 years they started producing android phones. And now all android phones have this AI feature.

reCAPTCHA is entirely to do with better processing of StreetView data. It used to be for book scanning, but obviously they solved that problem and can now scan books reliably with their text-processing AI. reCAPTCHA will probably be around for a good long while. It's a platform they can retool for all sorts of visual pattern recognition tasks.

As far as judgment day scenarios: we have no idea what an AI will think or how it will behave as it achieves higher levels of consciousness. It will be an experiment in emergent properties. One thing to keep in mind is that it will be an engineered system, not evolved. So the aggression and survival drives that we have may never be an aspect of an AI's personality. The story of Skynet was essentially an exercise in psychological projection.
>>
Also, just a bit of inside info, Uber is also clandestinely collecting their own street view imagery. Their drivers put their phones on dash mounts if the camera has a clear view of the street the app sends image data back to Uber. Drivers are unaware that this is happening.

This is probably the only true conspiracy theory you'll read on /x/ today.
>>
>>18958094
no, it's not built yet. if it comes into being and wants to take over the world, it will probably happen quicker than anybody is prepared for.
>>
File: dont_call_me_shirly.png (108KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
dont_call_me_shirly.png
108KB, 396x385px
>>18958094
New fags don't know about Legacy Captcha. Also the Captcha with pics comes from GOOGLE and TRACKS you. Every time you use the new Captcha "they" know you just posted to 4chan (and which board, and probably what you posted too).
>>
>>18958094
If you have to take classes to understand it, it already have taken over the world.
>>
>>18958094
>fill captcha
>skip
>skip
>skip
>skip
>[v] I'm not a robot

it must be doing a lousy job then
>>
>>18958094
I am posting from the future don't worry we stopped it from taking over the world. Nothing to worry about.
>>
>>18958094
it's subconsciously influencing what I think boxes with vehicles are. Its conquest is inevitable, all we can do now is pray.
>>
>>18958117
savage
>>
Google is using the data to calibrate self-driving car protocols, so that self-driving cars don't crash into storefronts, apartment buildings, and other cars as probably. Alphabet Inc. is operating the reCaptcha service.

https://marketexclusive.com/alphabet-inc-nasdaqgoogl-google-updates-captcha-security-service-renames-recaptcha/82100/

Waymo is the successor to the self-driving car project, and is a subsidary of Alphabet Inc.

https://www.libraryforsmartinvestors.com/2017/04/alphabet-inc-nasdaqgoogl-subsidiary-waymo-puts-pressure-uber-stolen-ip/41370800.htm

It is taking over the roads, and only when directly handed the controls by people who want to participate in Waymo's project.
>>
>>18958094
It is the most annoying piece of shit ever.
>>
File: TK 8.jpg (85KB, 1000x1234px) Image search: [Google]
TK 8.jpg
85KB, 1000x1234px
Let's kill it.
>>
>>18960324

explain to me anon
>>
>>18960324
forgot to mention that every time we do a captcha we decode part of street view. were basically unpaid labor
>>
File: IMG_9171.jpg (125KB, 715x976px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9171.jpg
125KB, 715x976px
>>18963975
>>
>>18959553
>So the aggression and survival drives that we have may never be an aspect of an AI's personality.
Sure, the military is all about bringing peace and prosperity, democracy, and human dignity all over the world, and they have absolutely no interest in autonomous killing machines.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.