[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the most /x/ place in your town/city?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 10

I'm from Liverpool, England, UK. There's a haunted, Victorian cemetery in our city called St. James' Mount, and it is absolutely mired in paranormal history. The cemetery is below ground, inside a 16th century quarry. This gives the place a strangely remote and ancient atmosphere. Pic related.

(Contd...)
>>
File: 22513390600_3060e24a9b_b[1].jpg (608KB, 1024x684px) Image search: [Google]
22513390600_3060e24a9b_b[1].jpg
608KB, 1024x684px
In 1773 the quarry workers discovered a natural spring, which is still running today. It has long been said the water has magical properties, can heal maladies and can even cure depression. The spring has been linked to Jenna Green, a powerful witch who has only survived in local nursery rhymes for children as 'Jenny Greenteeth'. Part of the nursery rhyme goes: 'On the mount there stands a lady, she is I know not who, she is I know not where". The Great Witch's statue was unearthed in the early 20th century as excavations were taking place for the enormous, gothic Cathedral which now looms over the quarry. The life-size statue was decorated in mysterious runes and situated in the centre of an ancient village, as if Jenny was revered by some Celtic community long lost in the mists of time.
>>
>>18956850

There are several grammatical errors in your post.

ayy
>>
File: 22431238538_35bf925f74_b[1].jpg (444KB, 1024x684px) Image search: [Google]
22431238538_35bf925f74_b[1].jpg
444KB, 1024x684px
The cemetery has a history of occult practices, with old runes, magical symbols and latin messages etched into the rocky face of the quarry. There are literally dozens of ghost stories about the place, and thousands of reported sightings of ghosts, spectres and even little elves and faries (policemen have even reported the latter), some recent, some a century old. I know all of them, as I used to work giving tours around the cemetery.
>>
>>18956850
You're a thieving scouse bastard. Get a job!
>>
File: Attempting.jpg (7KB, 240x114px) Image search: [Google]
Attempting.jpg
7KB, 240x114px
>>18956866
Who cares, I'm giving you fresh, spoopy OC. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
>>
>>18956876

I'm just visiting from another board to hear of your occult practices and esoteric shenanigans.
>>
>>18956875
http://independent-liverpool.co.uk/news/liverpool-named-one-of-the-safest-cities-to-live-in-the-uk/

The "Liverpool is dodgy and full of thieves" meme needs to go to bed now, and so do you, unless you're going to contribute.
>>
>>18956879
>your occult practices and esoteric shenanigans

This is just a local folklore thread.
>>
>>18956882
Have you ever worked a day in your life? That would be totally paranormal.
>>
>>18956901
>>18956875
>>
>>18956850
Miami FL here. We have multiple /x/ spots such as the Biltmore hotel in Coral Gables FL and a haunted theatre on Lincoln Rd.
>>
File: La_Quintrala_2.jpg (557KB, 513x694px) Image search: [Google]
La_Quintrala_2.jpg
557KB, 513x694px
>>18956850
We have the Quintrala house, that's an old haunted house previously owned by a madwoman that died crushed by a jesus statue during an earthquake.
>>
Edinburgh is gothic as fuck. It's basically Yharnam.
>>
File: 57257.jpg (54KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
57257.jpg
54KB, 500x600px
>>18956915
Hey, calm down mate!
>>
> Jenna Green ... has survived in local nursery rhymes
>scouse
>Healing springs and apparitions

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scouse

Scouse (/ˈskaʊs/; also, in academic sources, called Liverpool English[1] or Merseyside English)[2][3][4] is an accent and dialect of English found primarily in the Metropolitan county of Merseyside, and closely associated with the city of Liverpool. The accent extend...

So there could have been this capital of a different cultural English setting in Liverpool?
>>
>>18956918
>>18956922

What's it like? Ever been there yourself? Know anyone who has? Any stories?
>>
>>18956933
>So there could have been this capital of a different cultural English setting in Liverpool?

I'm not sure what you're asking me, please paraphrase the question.
>>
I once met a grisly apparition in the Waterspoons next to Lime Street station. A hunched and foul smelling man materialised from nowhere and asked me for fifty pee because he'd lost his wallet and needed to get a bus fare home. Mesmerised by this eldritch wretch, I reached into my coat to retrieve some change but when I looked up he'd disappeared! My drink was missing as well. Along with a handbag belonging to so me woman sitting nearby. Spooky.
>>
File: quintrala.jpg (471KB, 960x2000px) Image search: [Google]
quintrala.jpg
471KB, 960x2000px
>>18956946
The house it's a restaurant now, and a hotspot for ghost stories and tv shows.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (15KB, 269x187px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
15KB, 269x187px
The Church of St Luke was bombed during WWII and the ruins still stand on the corner of Berry Street and Leece Street. Local lore says that on the first Thursday of each month you can hear the ethereal wailing of the unemployed signing on.
>>
File: 1404361571456.jpg (156KB, 746x982px) Image search: [Google]
1404361571456.jpg
156KB, 746x982px
>>18956850
>Live in Edmonton
>Spookiest thing here is downtown and the north side
>Not because of spooks, but just because of all the junkies
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.