/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill on Orthodoxy (with a twist)?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: Constantine.jpg (144KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
Constantine.jpg
144KB, 750x600px
Before anyone goes all "btfo fag, do som' rese'rch", some more details:

The majority religion over here is Eastern Orthodox (guess the place), but the weird thing is, nobody has any actual knowledge on it. All of my family members fast (Wednesdays, Fridays plus the 40 days), go to Church constantly, buy the various amulets, all that jazz. But nobody has had any real hands on experience with the scripture, and nobody really cares to do it. They do what they've been told and consider themselves "saved".

Now, the point of the thread isn't for you to spoon feed me the basics. See, I keep reading that Orthodoxy is the "occult" branch, whereas Catholicism is the "science-y" one,, but all sources I've come across say nothing about occult practices (pagan influences aside).

So, uh, yeah, anybody here who can support the whole "Orthodoxy = Occult Christianity" thing?

Thanks!
>>
>>18956334
>Orthodoxy = Occult Christianity
more like Christianity = a cult kek
>>
>>18956334
Nah, catholics had their occultists.
And my guess to where you are from is southern Serbia.
>>
>>18956368
>Serbia

Nope. Close though.
>>
>>18956432
Pay your debts.
>>
>>18956432
Romania cause you sound like a gypsy
>>
>>18956450

Old but... spot on.

>>18956480

...How did you even get that? From written text? Jeez anon, I knew 4fags were were like that, but that's a reach, even for you lads.
>>
>>18956334
All established religion is an evolution of individuals personal revelations of the God Concept.

You should individually develop religion in allignment with the universal truths and with the Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit as your start point.

Think of the Father as the Ideal father. What does an ideal father look like to you? Ultimately forgiving, Ultimately kind, Ultimately wonderful.

Jesus as the ideal friend, brother, son.

Holy Spirit as the ideal of nurturing mother.

Present those to your ego, meditate on what it means to be the ideal friend, brother to your neighbors.

Follow the commandments. Seek truth and you will find it.
>>
>>18956334
I have no idea, but I just came to say that I love the icons.
>>
>>18956334
That is just how it is
>being a Christian
As if no other possibilities but to go to sleep and not understand too much.

While it is said all the time it is the other way around.
>>
>>18956334
occult? LOL
its the most clean form of christianity
all demons in excorcism accept pope as their own
and are happy about catholics follow him, leading them to destruction
orthodox means ορθη δοξα = sort of "right-glorification" of god,christ,hoyspirit
that stay true and do not accept lies and twists and other newworldorder/vatican changes in it
>>
File: 4344343.jpg (47KB, 480x733px) Image search: [Google]
4344343.jpg
47KB, 480x733px
>>18956334
>>18956878
i will try to add some differences orthodox-catholic
so you can see how popes changed things so people will glorify god in a wrong way

1)
in the main prayer that we have as a symbol of our belief
we(orthodox)have that the holy spirit comes from father (like jesus says)
but they changed it to:
Et in Spíritum Sanctum, Dóminum et vivificántem: qui ex Patre Filióque(son) procédit...
that comes also from son!
this is wrong because spirit in jesus also came from god he says that 100 times
and there must be reasons for changing that

2)
orthodox believe that holy spirit was given only to christ students and they were the only people
who were saying truth (could not be wrong in what they were saying)

catholic believe since 1870 pope also is never wrong because he has the holy spirit

3)
orthodox dive baby into water when baptised
(baptise = βαφτίζω = dive something inside another substance)

catholic only spray the baby with water

4)
orthodox says clerics are allowed to select if they want to get married or not
like we see in gospels of christ

catholic forbid marriage

5)
orthodox believe that jesus sacrificed himself for our sins so this is why we can confess and get rid of our sins if we regret what we do
and after we die there will be judgment from christ

catholic believe there is also a fire (not mentioned anywhere) that cleans our souls after death

6)
orthodox believe that everyone will be judged on his actions infront of jesus lord

catholic believe actions from saints that were really big etc are saving us also from our sins

7)
orthodox only worship god in the name of jesus christ like he asked us on his own words to do

catholic also worship mary as a god with the excuse she rise in heavens, like our christ
>>
>>18956656
Byzantine art
not my style,not sure why all christian images are still getting drawn like this :/
>>
>>18956432
Herzegovina
>>
>>18956334
Protestant master race here. The reason the "occult" has been attached to orthodoxy and even catholicism at times throughout history is that they are attached to national interest and they want to presume the authority that man can dictate the conduct of others. Protestants cling to the "Sola scriptura" because it severely limits what literate Christians will believe from so called church authority. And they can reference the scripture themselves. This has also been abused, and because the state in its various forms has little control over protestant churches, has felt little need to protect them. The orthodox churches biggest asset has been to firmly attach itself to the various Slavic nation states, so they form a symbiotic protective relationship. This naturally gives rise to various groups who either want to use secret means to protect the church/nation, or to pursue some worldly agenda. Thus the "occult" or hidden references. Christendom was never meant to have secret teachings, as evidenced from Christ's words...
And no man, when he hath lighted a lamp, covereth it with a vessel, or putteth it under a bed; but putteth it on a stand, that they that enter in may see the light. For nothing is hid, that shall not be made manifest; nor [anything] secret, that shall not be known and come to light.
Sorry for the long post
>>
File: 1488849897088.jpg (88KB, 550x734px) Image search: [Google]
1488849897088.jpg
88KB, 550x734px
>>18956334
It is, from a certain point of view, the "occult" Christianity because it is not as buffered by language, history and culture as other branches of Christianity. Eastern Orthodoxy was the Byzantine empire and encompassed the Holy Land also within a few hundred years of the foundation of the religion. The historical language of Orthodoxy is Ancient Greek, the first language of Christianity after Aramaic (Jesus' own tongue.) The Byzantine faith was established on direct relics and historical locations within the first 3 hundred years of Jesus' time. Now, all what I have just said indicates it is more direct- but not "occult" (meaning "hidden") though it is in the sense that it is more mystical and spiritual, even miraculous. Jesus was a living man of miraculous power that changed the course of human history more than any other. It has real effects because it was real. Such a thing is occult- to us who are distant from it and steeped in vain materialism. It is the opposite to those who experience it more directly of course. There are wondrous things in Orthodoxy that are not well known because they are not actively publicized or commercialized. I myself have seen a fragment of a skeleton of one of the gospel authors (confirmed by DNA evidence btw) - Orthodoxy is the direct link to the very real phenomenon of Christianity. If many knew how real it is it would strike them with terror. That is why much of it is hidden.
>>
γαμώ το χριστό σου kαι την παναγία σου desu senpai
>>
>>18957865
amen
you know a lot for an anon
it is the most beautiful thing to live the true nature of christ

its a pity that soon orthodox traitors will connect greece and russia with that abomination, pope for the new world religion

people need to find things that will boost their faith so they will not get trolled into recieving the mark..its not something easy.
all of this soon, after these wars that begin now
>>
>>18957753
If you would like, I can fetch a book from my collection that goes over the reasons for the very particular art style used in Orthodox iconography.
>>
>>18957883

Jeez anon, did you learn some new swear words at school?
>>
File: pied_piper2.jpg (2MB, 1365x1105px) Image search: [Google]
pied_piper2.jpg
2MB, 1365x1105px
>>18960254
in greece, satan makes us curse directly the name of christ and mary
its the 2 worst things someone can say
and this, in the most christian country

you say it in a way that you imply you are so good you dont even count god!

such a childish trap, every idiot does that
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.