[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lucid Dreaming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Unknown-1.jpg (14KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown-1.jpg
14KB, 225x225px
Hey guys, the other night I had my first lucid dream. It was an unusual dream, a little violent. I had a task to go and shoot groups of people within some sort of army squadron and while the leader of my group was talking, I said outlaid in the dream "Can you finish explaining yourself already? I don't want to spend 20 more dream minutes on this!" That's when I became lucid and realised I was dreaming, I ran and tackled the leader out of excitement that I could do whatever I wanted, aiming to change the lead into something else but I didn't have a plan and so as I touched the leader I snapped awake. I was pretty disappointed as I pretty much wasted the first lucid dream I've ever had. Also this lucid dream seemed to happen at complete random. Any lucid dreaming tips or tricks? I'd love to explore it more.
>>
>>18955556
Maybe you should take control of your life. Your organs need a true leader.
>>
>>18955564
How long did you work on that one for?
>>
>>18955556
Allit takesis practice. There are a number of ways to induce lucid dreams although I have only ever tried one and only a few times.
Basically, you have to lie completely still and concentrate on your breathing. You must keep your mind completely clear, otherwise you will either stay awake or fall asleep as usual. Inmy experience, you can tell yourself to breathe in and out and motivate yourself with other mantras. As you keep lying completely still and only concentrating on your breathing, several sensations will appear. You will start feeling tingling from lying still but soon, there may be a new sensation; your whole body may feel a kind of tingling andyou can actually feel it move through your body slowly.
Then, there's the visuals; light that may changecolours and move before your eyes. In my experience, moving your eyes downwards, but especially upwards, may increase the visuals and push you into the lucid state faster. There may be times when you may see actual scenes before your closed eyes. You may have experienced this before during the usual process of falling asleep but I feel like the chance to experience it is higher during this method. You will most likely also start hearing sounds (just like during sleep paralysis - which this basically is at this point; depending on how far you have gone, you may already be paralysed) which could be a problem. Keep telling yourself to not panic and with enough willpower, you should push through.
Last but not least, There are the aforementioned body sensations. As you drift further, your body will go from simply tingling to feeling like it isfloating. At some point, you may start feeling like you are falling, fading or even sinking into your bed.
Keep breathing and concentrating on not breaking the process. The visuals, the soundsand the body sensations will become stronger and stronger and your heart will likely beat like crazy. But as long as you push on, you will fight through it and lucid dream.

1/2
>>
>>18955688
2/2
That said, I would take a few steps back first if this was your first lucid dream. When it comes to dreaming, there is quite some practice you have to do before you can achieve your dream goals with confidence.
The first thing you should do is start a dream journal and record every dream you can remember. This has many advantages as it will help you with remembering dreams easier, it will help with establishing some sort of pattern and of course, you may always come back and read about the things you have experienced before. Although speaking from my own experience as someone with quite a bad memory, I remember a lot of my more interesting dreams. Nonetheless, it is better to record than to simply forget.
Expanding on my second point, patterns are important, as are practice, concentration and perseverance. It may take you weeks, months, maybe even years, to experience another lucid dream or any other goal you may have for dreaming, and there's a high chance of failure early on. You must persevere and continue with your practice. Sleep enough and sleep on a consistent schedule, first and foremost.
When it comes to achieving lucid dreaming through regular dreams, there are several steps to getting there. These are necessary if you want to make achieving lucid dreaming more than just a game of chance.
>identify the dream
>keep dreaming
You've already taken the first step (although I would say that's something that takes some time to master so don't forget about it) but the second is a bit more difficult. In my personal experience, I would say that the spinning technique works well. It is quite simple (at least in theory): as soon as you feel the dream fading away, start spinning (and possibly looking at your feet; that may help). With some practice, this should keep the dream afloat.
The best way to prevent the dream from ending right when it became lucid, though, is simple cold blood.
2/3?
>>
>>18955719
Excitement is the killer of lucid dreams. There have too many times when I succesfully identified a dream, only to have the excitement kill it. After sucessfully learning to use the spinning technique, the rate of that happening went down but it was still present.
The only real way to prevent this from happening is to accept, normalise lucid dreams. Save your excitement for when you wake up and write your dream down. With enough practice, you should have the proper mindset when dreaming so that you will not wake up.

All that said, putting effort into dreaming will not only enable you to control your lucid dreams better but it will prolong your "regular" dreams, make them easier to remember and it will let you have a much more thoughtful role in all of them. As such a major part of our lives include sleeping and dreaming is an integral part of sleeping, why not do something nice to yourself and make improvements to your dreaming experience? Its effects will be felt outside of dreams as well.

I have probably forgotten to write some things but this should cover most of it. Remember to push on even if it seems like it is useless and too much of an effort.
>>
>>18955738
>Excitement is the killer of lucid dreams

I've had tons of lucid dreams and still struggle with this. It's the worst. This morning I had a lucid dream and I suppose it was more difficult to control since I was at a sleep stage where I was ready to wake up, and I lost it. It's like balancing act.

Also I've noticed that when I'm feeling sleep deprived I almost always have a lucid dream once I finally get some rest.
>>
>>18955556
sometimes it just happens
the first few times i went lucid it was just due to the lunacy of some of the concepts of the dream, a conscious part of me was like no way this is happening and then i realized quite literally this was not happening

then i would try to do things like fly but it was odd and hard to explain but i would try and do things like flying and it just wouldn't work, often it would be like i could do a super jump, i'd jump up and go really high but keep falling down, i knew i was dreaming and knew i wanted to fly but for whatever reason i couldnt. when i became conscious again i had to think of a way flying would seem logical so i kind of imagined oxygen and just the general space around us to be more fluid and something we could pass through easily like water but at a very fast speed, the next time i tried flying in my dream it worked much better under that concept

since i took lsd in like october my dreams have been very odd, i havent been able to go lucid at all and theres times where when i get close to going lucid i get very violent in my dreams towards other people for no real good reason

true story lol just a few days ago i had this dream that for whatever reason i was with a few black kids and one of them tried to take my slice of cheese pizza that we were eating, and as a result i just lashed out and started hitting him, there was somebody else there that told me that wasn't very necessary, an older voice not sure who it was
>>
>>18956579
ive also went lucid by noticing how the setting of my dream would just fluidly change, like one second i'd be in a grocery store and the next in my driveway, this has happened a few times. there was one time this happened and i was in a car with some stranger, he was wearing a bucket hat an older man with a white beard fairly skinny i think he was wearing a pink shirt and shorts, i told him that i know we're dreaming and this isn't real and he then teleported me into this room no doors it was very small and there was a couch i said something again and then he lunged at me and scared the shit out of me in the dream, i cant remember what he said but it took me out of the dream and into reality within about 1 second, like normally theres a little refractory period of waking up you know but i felt like i went from dream to this world in 0 seconds, it was a very strange experience
>>
>>18956572
It's all about repetition. I have gone through trying to identify a dream to keeping it from fading away for a very long time (several years) until sometime last year. I realised I was dreaming and thought to myself it would really suck if I woke up. I decided I'd rather do some flying,so I jumped off the building I was on (because turns out I was standing on a balcony far over a city) and started doing loops.

>This morning I had a lucid dream and I suppose it was more difficult to control since I was at a sleep stage where I was ready to wake up, and I lost it.
The sleep cycles end with the dream period and these periods become longer throughout the night. So the longest, most vivid period is also the one that may feel quite the opposite as it is the last one before you wake up.
But waking up isn't always bad. On the contrary, waking up in the middle of the night can be quite beneficial; as long as you are careful not to become too aware and potentially fall in the bad trap of wakefulness in the middle of the night, you may remember the dream so you can write it down in the morning (the other option is to write it right away but again, be mindful of the potential risk of coming fully awake) and you may jump straight into a lucid dream again.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.