[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Christ

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: christ-at-the-column-1607.jpg (190KB, 1100x840px) Image search: [Google]
christ-at-the-column-1607.jpg
190KB, 1100x840px
Dear followers of Christ, tell me what made you follow the path of love and warmth?
>>
>>18954729

God engineered all of history to save me.
>>
>>18954729
The family who adopted me are Catholic. I stayed Catholic because the bible is a good history of how people interacted with humans accessing eternal life technology.
>>
>>18954729
Born n raised in a Christ cult, left and went atheist, decided to let the universe prove itself, went through every religion I could find after science failed me with lack of imagination, then to the kabbalion into urantia book and ate the biggest redpill in existence.

Still recovering from urantia book.
>>
>>18954729
By researching what the elite believed. That mostly brought me to the idea that the supernatural must be legitimate. Then it was pretty obvious that they were bringing about Biblical prophecy. At the same time I had a lot of sin and turpitude weighing me down that I had to repent for. Even before shit started to hit the fan again and we all found out about Jared Kushner and I became deeply embroiled in conspiracy theory, I was trying to convince myself to experience Christianity. I was reading Brother's Karamazov as a sort of lead-in as the /lit/izens told me it would help. But after the Syria strike I just started reading the Bible starting with Job and Ecclesiastes and it all just manifested as indisputable to me for some ineffable reason. I have crossed it with a healthy dose of Gnostic heresy (though that's not to say I'm a duelist) and have come to recognize the self as the ultimate Luciferian deception. I am experiencing ego death and I'm no longer burdened with depression and anxiety. I've realized all "mental illness" is in fact disease of the spirit and the conflict of interests represented in the soul.
>>
>>18954986
Wut, is this pasta?
>>
>>18954993
No. You asked how I found Christ and I explained. Not everything must needs be pasta anon
>>
>>18954729
No trolling here, it's all faith. So everyone on 4chan is atheist?
>>
you are aware that god is the one who allowed satan to have a reign and a large platform and gave us our worst gift free will, he is also the same god who made a human just to kill him and is currently and really always ignoring the suffering and pain of us on earth, also ever heard of sodom and Gomorrah? exactly.
>>
>>18955019
If your free will is an illusion then you cannot be offended by this supposed affront.
>>
>>18955019
free will allows God to separate the worthy and unworthy.
>>
>>18955042
The worthy are those who best disabuse themselves of the notion of it though?
>>
>>18955056
No, in my opinion worthiness is something you feel rather than know.
>>
>>18955067
I don't know if what I feel is worthy but I feel cleaner and more fully reconciled with God's design
>>
>>18955077
are you the poster that researched what the elite believed?
>>
I was brought up Christian. I always go back when I am going through a hard time like right now. I am trying to be a better one though and if my prayer is answered then it would be guaranteed.

I do always have faith in God though even when I am doing great in life. I guess I should correct myself and say that I pray to him a lot when I am going through something that is important to me. Other then that I just thank him for another day and do not pray as much.
>>
>>18955083
Yeah, I read some way into Morals and Dogma. But honestly when I found out Jared Kushner owned that 666 building where a company called Lucent Technologies is manufacturing RFID chips it was hard to deny what was going on. But actually what caused my religious fervor was that I was looking at a picture of Kushner and I felt very unsettled by it, as if his eye was fishing around in my soul or something. Very uncanny. And it was at that point I dived right into my Bible. If he isn't the antichrist he's the most naturally evil man I have ever seen.
>>
>>18955107
That whole kushner thing is unsettling, but he could just be a pawn. I think the anti Christ will be someone far worse.
>>
File: 1489505388652.jpg (112KB, 800x690px) Image search: [Google]
1489505388652.jpg
112KB, 800x690px
>>18955117
I would say I don't want to find out but if I can fully realize this ego death then I wont have anything to fear.
>>
>>18955126
I believe I have also experience ego death, though at the time I was unaware of it. In my early teens I fell into a deep depression due too an accident I had when I was younger. I fell on my face and have been plagued with dental work throughout most of my life. I've had 6 teeth removed to "fix" my appearance. After all this time I've come to realize that breathing through my mouth while I sleep has slowly collapsed my airway. I lost a lot of friends and time due to this ailment but I believe I've gained invaluable knowledge due to becoming a recluse. In my spare time that I hadn't spent socializing I went down a deep rabbit hole that has led me back to Christ.
>>
God is everywhere and in everything, present and faithful in the darkest pits and deepest oceans. Yahweh loves us all so much that he let his own son be killed so we might be saved. To know this, and to know the power and majesty, but also warmth and love, that comes from walking beside God-how could a man feel it and not believe?
>>
>>18955154
That doesn't explain how you could be on a path to ego death. It has mostly to do with a careful interpretation of what actually happens during the fall. From this you can begin to realize what Christ's teachings actually represent. Most Christians tend to think of them as just generally good moral doctrine which makes everyone feel nice. But there's an epistemological truth to them and its the overcoming of self. Obviously its not simply just kind to give a thief who has wronged you the remainder of your belongings. It doesn't say the thief is poor and therefore must require your wealth more than you do as some Christians seem to interpret that passage. It has to do with what a total negation of self it is to render the rest of your belongings onto the thief that just stole from you. That is not even a matter of charity. In fact as an act of charity it seems absurd because it will just encourage the thief. Its buddha-esque behavior.
>>
>>18954729
Lifetimes of being alive inevitably pushes a being toward the light, however great or slight that might be. God wouldn't have created this realm if it didn't have a positive purpose on a soul being. Turning away from the light undermines creation itself, but then again, we have the free will to undermine creation's purpose.
>>
>>18955213
oh and of course the hope is that the thief can understand this state of total selflessness is possible for themselves as well.
>>
>>18955213
I was under immense pain, thoughts of suicide would always float around my head. But I knew no matter how bad it hurt or could never go through with it. Throwing away your social status is not an easy task, doing it unwillingly is even harder. I do understand what your saying though. I have yet to read the entirety of the bible.
>>
>>18955229
You hardly need to read the entirety. The old covenant was the law and it was an attempt to give people strict rules so they would fall in line and it failed because as they labored under the delusion of self, the law embittered everyone and they felt resentment that they should even have to follow the law of their very creator. At least this is my understanding but I have had a very edifying and cleansing spiritual experience these past few days so I believe I am on the right path. The only alternative is that I'm possessed by a very crafty devil and believe me its crossed my mind.
>>
>>18955229
Read everything in genesis up to Noah. Read Job and Ecclesiastes and the entirety of the New Testament. Also note in Exodus how its made explicitly clear that God "hardens pharaoh's heart" and thus evidences his lack of free will. There is not a single passage in scripture which supports the idea of a free will and I think you will find within any system with any parameters we can conceive of free will is impossible. I am not saying God himself doesn't have free will or even Lucifer for that matter but its certainly not something within the realm of human conception.
>>
>>18954729
>Dear followers of Christ, tell me what made you follow the path of love and warmth?

Evolved empathy, complete immunity to all evil, precognitive ability granted by the Holy Spirit, the ability to lay on hands and heal, and eternal life in Heaven after death.
>>
>>18954986
>That mostly brought me to the idea that the supernatural must be legitimate.
Give that Anon a prize.
>>
>>18955019
>you are aware that god is the one who allowed satan to have a reign and a large platform and gave us our worst gift free will
without which you would not be sentient.

this is what makes you "in God's image", not that God is anthropomorphic, but rather that YOU have free will as HE does.

thank you God.
>>
>>18955018
>So everyone on 4chan is atheist?
I'm a strong Christian.
>>
>>18955263
>God "hardens pharaoh's heart" and thus evidences his lack of free will.
this only happens AFTER Pharaoh CHOOSES to eternally reject God, basically turning himself into a spiritual NPC.
>>
>>18955333
nice trips but if Pharaoh or anyone for that matter ever has an interval to choose without God's knowing then God is no longer sovereign
>>
>>18955333
Kek has spoken
>>
>>18955336
>nice trips but if Pharaoh or anyone for that matter ever has an interval to choose without God's knowing then God is no longer sovereign
God knew.

It is precisely because God knew Pharaoh's choice would be eternally against God, that God merely gave him what he asked for in greater measure, by "hardening his heart."

God sees it all at once, so he knows some spirits will never choose the path of redemption, no matter how it is offered.
>>
>>18955247
>The old covenant was the law and it was an attempt to give people strict rules so they would fall in line and it failed because as they labored under the delusion of self, the law embittered everyone and they felt resentment that they should even have to follow the law of their very creator. At least this is my understanding but I have had a very edifying and cleansing spiritual experience these past few days so I believe I am on the right path.
You are correct.

Grace, or unmerited forgiveness granted by the Blood of Jesus standing in place of your own, for your sins, covers ALL sins.

(Although you may still reap the mortal consequences, but not the eternal spiritual ones. If your faith is great enough, or God has purpose, He can redeem the mortal consequences as well.)

The wages of sin is death, not Hell.

Sin may mortally wound or kill the believer, unless they are supernaturally healed, which is a thing.

But sin damns the unsaved.

Salvation is only a prayer away.
>>
>>18954729
He who loves, deserves love in return. Jesus regardless of the Bible is a man worth learning from. Worthy of reverence. Worthy of Love. Worthy of respect. Worthy of the throne of the world. Jesus Christ didn't need to earn the love of humanity, he could have taken it. Yet he came and earned it anyways because it was the right thing to do. How could I not follow him?
>>
>>18954986
This is real redpill
Very few know this.

God bless you brother.
>>
>>18955544
Oh I very much believe in hell but just to get over the idea that someone would be cut off from god merely by their geographic location I've been open to the idea that redemption may still be possible in Sheol. That goes for both sides but you can imagine how difficult it would be to love God if you were burning and being tormented by demons on the bad side of Sheol. Meanwhile people who lived generous lives but never had the chance to believe in Christ could be in Abraham's Bosom. I think this theory is reconcilable with scripture and it makes it easier for me to understand God somewhat through an essentially human sense of compassion.
>>
Love & warmth aint enough? You can have iced cola in the fridge when needed..if you go buy it.. ye
>>
>>18955213
I wanted to go back and qualify my words here. I feel remiss calling the teachings of Christ as "Buddha-esque" because I'm ultimately not a universalist though I think it would make sense that all the mystery schools would have elements of the original story. But my point was to underline the nature of such an act as being more spiritually significant than just a simple act of goodwill. I don't want to lead anyone astray. Its all there in the bible. You can certainly triangulate some things with the buddhists and gain some intrinsically understood ideas. In other religions you can also draw parallels, though few are concerned with realizing total selflessness. But I am absolutely convicted in my recognition and appreciation of Christianity as the one true faith.
>>
>>18955544
>Salvation is only a prayer away
I believe this although it confuses me but what sort of prayer?

As to why I believe in christ? He walks amongst us and father led me to this knowledge
>>
>>18954986
You're having some dangerous ideas anon. If you hate the idea of yourself then how can there be love in your heart?
>>
>>18958593
I'm incapable of love

>tfw autism caused by vaccines has permanently disconnected you from god

Thanks Illuminati
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.