[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there ANYTHING spooky in CO?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 255px-Flag_of_Colorado.svg.png (4KB, 255x170px) Image search: [Google]
255px-Flag_of_Colorado.svg.png
4KB, 255x170px
lived here 90% of my life and never heard of any spooky legends or haunted places whatsoever. Is this place really boring or am I not looking hard enough? I've heard of skinealker type shit in estes park but I've never been there.
>>
File: 17ruD01PH17.jpg (31KB, 600x391px) Image search: [Google]
17ruD01PH17.jpg
31KB, 600x391px
>skinealker type shit in estes
>>
dead man days carry a certain paranormal weight
>>
>>18954540
Yeah...it's the most evil place in the US. Look at the Denver airport murals and satanic horse statue. And then there's the tunnels and what dwells within them...
>>
>>18954540
I mean...People died in Cave of the Winds...

Stanley Hotel of course

There's a mansion in Capital Hill in Denver that had Ghost Adventures explore it.

Lots of unsolved murders, but that's pretty common everywhere.

I do believe there's legend of a lake monster (like Nessie) somewhere in the state, but can't remember where, or if I'm just making that up.

And of course the DIA stuff, but that's all garbage.
>>
>>18954540
I lived in a tiny town called saguache, north of alamosa, for about a year. That whole valley is haunted as shit. I saw ghosts in a canyon during broad daylight while working one day. All the locals were scared of skinwalkers. There were locations of Indian battles and massacres all over the place. There was some weird tweeker town on the other side of the valley that supposedly had some sort of energy vortex, but mostly just had a really creepy meth murder vibe. And don't forget the godamn ufo ranch. There was also a park called penitente where Spanish conquistadors ran a slave mine until the Indians rebelled and killed all the Spanish, then hid the entrance of the mine.
>>
I was born in Burlington and lived in Kit Carson. There is a spooky legend, possibly true story out there about a mother who killed her husband and children with an ax. Apparently a pretty gnarly dust storm came up on the plains and the wind blew for a week straight, the whistling drove her crazy and she heard voices ordering her to murder.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alferd_Packer

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cattle_mutilation
>>
>>18955298
coloradan here.
my dad told me about finding one of those mutilated cows as a kid. weird stuff.
>>
>>18954897
>People died in Cave of the Winds...
this is the least scary part of cave of the winds.

Cave of the Winds isn't just some cave that people stumbled into one day... the tour guides will tell you that the local Ute people "didnt find the cave" and they are full of shit. The Ute used the cave as a fucking burial ground. Ask them about the mummies and bodies. The Cave of the Winds is an entrance to the Ute underworld and a spirit portal, if you're remotely "sensitive" you will feel it all over the place, the lantern tour turns up tons of EVPs like clockwork. The canyon underneath the cave has shitloads of stories about dark witchcraft and mutilated animals. It's way spookier than the handful of people who died in the cave.

The whole area around Garden of the Gods and manitou is lousy with red-furred bigfoot stories. Manitou itself is haunted as fuck and even has a resident demon with reports of violent physical attacks.

The entire north end of colorado springs, through old-town is said to be haunted by demon dogs who will bark and howl, which were spawned when a lunatic in the area was abducting and slaughtering all the town dogs and keeping them in a pile in his backyard. Theres a still unsolved axe murder on the west side, along with accompanying ghost stories.

This is just the springs we're talking about... I dont have enough room to start on all the shit in Denver and up in the hills, Colorado is a very haunted state honestly.
>>
>>18954955
>That whole valley is haunted as shit

Its also 8,000 square miles and in CO and NM.

There be weird out in dem parts.
>>
>>18955523
I've heard stories from this area involving floating lights and what was described as glowing "ribbons" chasing cars, causing actual physical damage to cars, reports of weirdly abandoned towns by night that turned out to be totally normal by day.

I see no one else has mentioned that the entire state is under a fuckign Arapaho curse to this day set by Chief Niwot.

The Boulderado in Boulder hotel is haunted and theres been reports of physical encounters with hotel guests. The Brown Palace in Denver is also supposedly haunted with some famous spirits.

Cripple creek is pretty haunted and a weird place in general.

I'm surprised no one has said anything about Cheesman Park in Denver being a literal graveyard, they still find bones when theyre digging in the botanic gardens.
>>
>>18955539
There's a lot of mutilation stories around that valley.

Dogs not going near mutilated cattle, bodies left and organs extracted in seemingly high tech ways with no evidence left behind, gold sites and UFO connections...mess o weird
>>
>>18954540
Elaborate on the Estes skinwalker, I'm going there soon

Colorado is one of the spookiest states there are tons of innawoods tales
>>
>>18955609
I stayed in Estes Park for a friend's wedding last year, at a hotel just down the road from the Stanley. Toured Stanley, which is great even I'd you aren't interested in ghosts, but the employees all have stories. The wedding party stayed at Mary's Lake Lodge which is pretty much surrounded by nothing and they had a pretty spooky encounter the night before the wedding.

I won't bother green texting but essentially we'd all gone out for an evening walk since the place is beautiful, and some of the noises you hear out there are pretty unsettling. I know wildlife can make some pretty fucked noises but these sounded like people, guttural howls and agony. Needless to say we got the fuck out. The lodge staff said that they find torn up animals on a regular basis.
>>
I'll just add on to the pile that there is still a huge amount of the rockies that are entirely unexplored. We have some satelite and aerial photography but there's many spots in the hills that have still never known a humans step. Not sure what I think about cryptids and skinwalkers and whatever, but there's ample room in the rockies for undiscovered species and things man has never met... One of these days... go up to the top of pikes peak and look out on the range, it'll make you really ponder whats out there. On the front range we really only see the front door, those mountains go on and on to the horizon and a lot of it is unexplored.
>>
>>18954540
San Luis Valley. Lots of weird stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU9O_l2uWLo
>>
not sure if its worth mentioning, but mike the headless chicken sure is a fuckin weird one.
>>
>>18954700
I go to DIA all the time, but never really look. I'm going again this weekend. What should I look for?
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ghost_towns_in_Colorado

Went to CO last year, totally want to go back and visit the west side of the state.

Stayed at the Stanley, nothing profound happened, I had a weird dream when I was sleeping alone but I also had The Shining blaring on the TV.
>>
File: 1493194661246.jpg (18KB, 228x224px) Image search: [Google]
1493194661246.jpg
18KB, 228x224px
>>18955488
Go on I dug your knowledge
> Boulder/Louisville/Lafayette/Longmont were founded by the KKK
UFO'S in Alamosa by the sand dunes.
Boulder has the highest per capita witchcraft and if you can see stuff like ghosts Halloween is crazy!
Steamboat had a skinwalker/dogman.
4th of July trail totally had a Woman in white talk to me one night while I was sleeping in a friend's car while "camping"
No one remembers her but me 0_o
>>
>>18958623
>"no serioously guys"
>"seriously 0_o"
>0_o

i believe you0o0o0o0o0_o
>>
>>18954540
Supposedly a elementary school teacher haunts the Boulderado hotel.

And in the Mackey Auditorium people have reported to have seen ghosts in one of the towers. Keep in mind the Macky Auditorium is school property and you'll need ID otherwise you'll be trespassing. Use to edit films there, personally saw nothing but that's probably because ghost don't actually exist.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.