[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unorthodox Christianity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: FB_IMG_1493582190257.jpg (43KB, 495x750px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1493582190257.jpg
43KB, 495x750px
Hello /x/
Wondering if there are any sects of Christianity not based out of the bible. Preferably containing elements of mysticism.
The bible was written by humans and edited by religious elitists. It's flawed, and badly. I need something else.
>>
>>18953888

Check them.

I am not going crazy , its the only ting i got going on for me , so no thank you.

Can i get a clean internet stream ? i am getting tired of this buble of you guys ,
I am hiper sensible and this wall is driving me crazy , local blue pills and their psy fagotry are making me cringe , i got it , you played me, you won the game .
>>
>>18954553
Well I'm not really sure what exactly you're ranting about, but thanks for pointing out the sick trips.
>>
>>18953888
You're correct that the bible is hogwash. Organized religion skewered the original teachings of Christ, and used his influence to their advantage by spreading their own lies.

I will be bumping this thread, as I have nothing to offer. Jesus accepted all, and condemned none. The Bible ruins this.
>>
>>18954759
That's what brings me here actually.
The fact that someone who hated nobody had his teachings enumerated in a book full of, and used to "justify", so much murder and hate makes me sick.
Thanks for the bump btw
>>
File: tetragrammaton.gif (7KB, 374x381px) Image search: [Google]
tetragrammaton.gif
7KB, 374x381px
>>18953888
Examine Gnosticism and the Eastern Orthodox mystic Christians like Gurdjieff. Both have deep roots in the Kabbala, so study that as well.

These truths are not easy to find. They are hidden by their own practitioners in their own texts. Obscurantism and Occultism keep the truths safe.
>>
>>18954970
Any texts/authors I should examine?
I'm really disenfranchised with the organized aspect of Christianity. If it's too biblical, it's no good to me. I want Jesus's answers and teachings untainted by church officials deciding what is and is not the teaching of God.
>>
>>18954996
>i don't want people telling me what words to believe
>please tell me what words to believe
>>
>>18955020
>hey look at me I can simplify a statement until it loses all meaning on the internet hurr durrrrrrrrrrr
>>
>>18955041
What makes you think other dogma is going to be any less dogmatic?
>>
>>18955052
Not less dogmatic per se, but less teaching from a holy book full of genocide and hatred. I can't stand it.
>>
>>18953888
Why would you want to be a Christian if you dislike the texts it is based on? If you believe the bible is heavily edited, why are you so sure Jesus existed when his story is a rehashing of ancient stories predating Abrahamic religions? How about just being a deist? You can believe in God without believing in stupid bullshit.
>>
>>18955123

So you want to find a Christian belief system that is not based on Christianity. Got it.

If you actually want to pursue a different belief system, stop attaching pointless and rigid qualifiers to it.

"I want a belief system that's like Christianity but isn't but I want it to be the same God but not the same holy book but I want it to be something my parents won't hate me for but isn't what they do."

You're too much of a coward to change at this point. Show some spine for who you are as yourself first.
>>
>>18955174
His stories are less important than the love for fellow man that he taught.
>>18955194
Bro I think you're projecting. I've been an edgy ass atheist for years. On and off magick practitioner. I'm accepted by the people I'm in contact with, and I really couldn't care less if other people accept me. Good try though.
Throw the word coward around some more, sound tough on the W E B
>>
>>18955215
Judging by the fact that his stories existed before he did, chances are he didn't exist to teach anything buddy.
>>
>>18955215

Don't take /x/ so fucking seriously. Chill the fuck out
>>
>>18953888

OP, the level of childishness you're showing in this thread is very telling.

Make up your mind about who you are before you try to find the right religious belief for yourself. You aren't going to find your way out of being as lost as you clearly are when you don't even know what you want to find.
>>
>>18955235
Thanks for being civil, I guess. I'm just soul searching. I find /x/ to be an alright place to explore what I believe. Oh well.
>>
>>18953888
Catholics. 99% of the shit they do is made up and has no biblical basis, so go for them
>>
>>18953888
Look into who edited the original 1611 KJV of the bible and then look into the brotherhood he was a part of.
>>
File: who edited the 1611 KJV.png (48KB, 1260x378px) Image search: [Google]
who edited the 1611 KJV.png
48KB, 1260x378px
>>18955266
????????????
>>
http://gnosis.org/naghamm/apocjn-davies.html
secret book of john
>>
>>18955244
Catholics are the only ones that knows that the bible is just metaphors for life. If they can stray from the bible and make religion a bit more accessible for everybody isn't that better than dogmatically following it?
>>
>>18953888
Well, there is nothing like Kabbalah in Christianity....But there is a really good Bible out called the Cepher....its expensive.....but it has some unusual things in it: The books of Maccabees, Enoch, Jubilees, Jasher....thinks that were not Cannon to the catholics & Anjelicans of the middle ages......but were valuable to the early Church....
>>
File: Cross-and-serpent.jpg (45KB, 415x410px) Image search: [Google]
Cross-and-serpent.jpg
45KB, 415x410px
>>18956033
Christianity is Kabbalah. Christ is a metaphor for the individual consciousness of man, the 'son of man,' and is symbolic of the Serpent of Sophia who climbs the world tree, dies at its height, and is reborn anew to climb it again.
>>
>>18955194
Why are you being such a dick? Maybe the guy just likes the idea of jesus christ but doesn't want to also believe that you're allowed to beat your slave so long as he doesn't die within two days
>>
>>18953888
You just need to get a fucking life.
>>
>>18953888
You can look up Gnosticism and stuff centered around Enoch. The book of Enoch has some mystical elements with angels willfully rebelling against God after they spent time with humans, and so the idea of angels abandoning Him just so they can be with His creation made in His image adds another layer of esoteric value. Gnosticism is also some neat shit.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.