[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hello there! could /x/ please redpill me on Abrahamic Monotheism? ty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: mob-nav-icon.png (282B, 40x27px)
mob-nav-icon.png
282B, 40x27px
hello there! could /x/ please redpill me on Abrahamic Monotheism?

ty
>>
OP here, I do not care for religion because I feel it is hurtful to many people.....specifically wondering if I am ignorant about abrahamic monotheism such as judaism or islam (moreso than Christianity...I.e..."there is one good, that is God")
>>
>>18953520
>redpill me on Abrahamic Monotheism?
No.
>I do not care for religion because I feel it is hurtful to many people
No.
You're seeking only evidence to assert your claim. Bias is the killer of truth. Your preconceived notions can only hinder you. It's not that you have such views towards religion, but that you felt the need to express them BEFORE recieving any answer to your question.
>>
>>18953553
Are you sure that you are not actually the one with a bias (against me)?

Also, are you sure that you are not the one who is incorrect?

(OP here)
>>
>>18953553
I express these things about myself for your own information, to provide you with insight about myself before you (or anyone) provide answers.

Please, let us have a reasonable thread. Please do not bring negativity into God's thread like shills who spread negativity everywhere they go.
>>
>>18953520
Here's the real redpill;

Their god exists, but he isn't all powerful.
>>
>>18953597
I've considered this possibility, and I think certainly this would speak volumes about God's innocence in the evil of creation.
>>
>>18953572
>Please, let us have a reasonable thread. >Please do not bring negativity into God's thread like shills who spread negativity everywhere they go.
Accepted.

There is a strong likelyhood that the god of the Abrahamic faiths was originally a local god of the early Hebrew tribes (or borrowed from Kemet [Egypt, I just like using the Egyptian name]). Furthermore, combined with Hinduism, I think the general Over-God (Brahman/Elohim/Tengri/Aten/whathaveyou) represents the God of Humanity. Working as a sort of subconscience/moral compass for the great multitudes of people.

I most certainly believe there is an almighty creator (the "I AM, I AM" addressed [incorrectly] in the bible). But I think this being is so far over and beyond us, well it's like a quark compared to the universe, only more so. That being said, I don't think this being/entity is worth wasting a breath in prayer to, and that if one wants to pray to a Supreme Diety the God of Humanity is still the better options.

I have my own biases towards the actual institutions of organized religion, but will give them credit for generally trying to get people to go along with a commonly accepted moral code.
>>
>>18953677
What is the "God of humanity"?
>>
I think the Tanakh and Christian Old Testament lays out a very strong foundation if monotheism rather than the notion of a trinitarian God
>>
>>18953723
very strong foundation of monotheism*
>>
Monotheism is a ridiculous concept. Especially when the scripture of a supposedly monotheistic religion acknowledges other gods. It's just a matter of "My god can beat up your god."

I mean, you don't have to worship them all, that'd be absurd, but... all or nothing, that's what I say.
>>
>>18953520
5. The Selection of Abraham
93:5.1.Although it may be an error to speak of "chosen people," it is not a mistake to refer to Abraham as a chosen individual. Melchizedek did lay upon Abraham the responsibility of keeping alive the truth of one God as distinguished from the prevailing belief in plural deities.
93:5.2.The choice of Palestine as the site for Machiventa's activities was in part predicated upon the desire to establish contact with some human family embodying the potentials of leadership. At the time of the incarnation of Melchizedek there were many families on earth just as well prepared to receive the doctrine of Salem as was that of Abraham. There were equally endowed families among the red men, the yellow men, and the descendants of the Andites to the west and north. But, again, none of these localities were so favorably situated for Michael's subsequent appearance on earth as was the eastern shore of the Mediterranean Sea. The Melchizedek mission in Palestine and the subsequent appearance of Michael among the Hebrew people were in no small measure determined by geography, by the fact that Palestine was centrally located with reference to the then existent trade, travel, and civilization of the world.
93:5.3.For some time the Melchizedek receivers had been observing the ancestors of Abraham, and they confidently expected offspring in a certain generation who would be characterized by intelligence, initiative, sagacity, and sincerity. The children of Terah, the father of Abraham, in every way met these expectations. It was this possibility of contact with these versatile children of Terah that had considerable to do with the appearance of Machiventa at Salem, rather than in Egypt, China, India, or among the northern tribes.
>>
>>18953677
1. Deity Concepts among the Semites
96:1.1.The early Semites regarded everything as being indwelt by a spirit. There were spirits of the animal and vegetable worlds; annual spirits, the lord of progeny; spirits of fire, water, and air; a veritable pantheon of spirits to be feared and worshiped. And the teaching of Melchizedek regarding a Universal Creator never fully destroyed the belief in these subordinate spirits or nature gods.
96:1.2.The progress of the Hebrews from polytheism through henotheism to monotheism was not an unbroken and continuous conceptual development. They experienced many retrogressions in the evolution of their Deity concepts, while during any one epoch there existed varying ideas of God among different groups of Semite believers. From time to time numerous terms were applied to their concepts of God, and in order to prevent confusion these various Deity titles will be defined as they pertain to the evolution of Jewish theology:
96:1.3.1. Yahweh was the god of the southern Palestinian tribes, who associated this concept of deity with Mount Horeb, the Sinai volcano. Yahweh was merely one of the hundreds and thousands of nature gods which held the attention and claimed the worship of the Semitic tribes and peoples.
96:1.4.2. El Elyon. For centuries after Melchizedek's sojourn at Salem his doctrine of Deity persisted in various versions but was generally connoted by the term El Elyon, the Most High God of heaven. Many Semites, including the immediate descendants of Abraham, at various times worshiped both Yahweh and El Elyon.
>>
>>18953994
96:1.5.3. El Shaddai. It is difficult to explain what El Shaddai stood for. This idea of God was a composite derived from the teachings of Amenemope's Book of Wisdom modified by Ikhnaton's doctrine of Aton and further influenced by Melchizedek's teachings embodied in the concept of El Elyon. But as the concept of El Shaddai permeated the Hebrew mind, it became thoroughly colored with the Yahweh beliefs of the desert.
96:1.6.One of the dominant ideas of the religion of this era was the Egyptian concept of divine Providence, the teaching that material prosperity was a reward for serving El Shaddai.
96:1.7.4. El. Amid all this confusion of terminology and haziness of concept, many devout believers sincerely endeavored to worship all of these evolving ideas of divinity, and there grew up the practice of referring to this composite Deity as El. And this term included still other of the Bedouin nature gods.
96:1.8.5. Elohim. In Kish and Ur there long persisted Sumerian-Chaldean groups who taught a three-in-one God concept founded on the traditions of the days of Adam and Melchizedek. This doctrine was carried to Egypt, where this Trinity was worshiped under the name of Elohim, or in the singular as Eloah. The philosophic circles of Egypt and later Alexandrian teachers of Hebraic extraction taught this unity of pluralistic Gods, and many of Moses' advisers at the time of the exodus believed in this Trinity. But the concept of the trinitarian Elohim never became a real part of Hebrew theology until after they had come under the political influence of the Babylonians.
>>
>>18953997
Wow, this is really interesting!
>>
>>18953686
As the Apex specie on Earth, our God is the best god. >>18953994 >>18953997 described it well enough. My version is flavored differently but the dish is the otherwise the same.
>>
>>18953997

I've saved your posts in a notepad file and saved the thread in its entirety as well. Good information, thank you.

It's a little disheartening to think that I've at times prayed to God and called him Yahweh, but I actually stopped ascribing a name to him a long time ago.

I'm actually partial to the Judaic term "Adonai", as it's more aesthetically and audibly beautiful than "Lord". But I'm an eccentric believer, so what do I know.
>>
>>18954399
http://starspring.com/online/ubsearch/ubsearch.html

Paper 95. The Melchizedek Teachings in the Levant
95:0. Paper 95. The Melchizedek Teachings in the Levant
95:1. The Salem Religion in Mesopotamia
95:2. Early Egyptian Religion
95:3. Evolution of Moral Concepts
95:4. The Teachings of Amenemope
95:5. The Remarkable Ikhnaton
95:6. The Salem Doctrines in Iran
95:7. The Salem Teachings in Arabia
Paper 96. Yahweh—God of the Hebrews
96:0. Paper 96. Yahweh—God of the Hebrews
96:1. Deity Concepts among the Semites
96:2. The Semitic Peoples
96:3. The Matchless Moses
96:4. The Proclamation of Yahweh
96:5. The Teachings of Moses
96:6. The God Concept after Moses' Death
96:7. Psalms and the Book of Job
Paper 97. Evolution of the God Concept among the Hebrews
97:0. Paper 97. Evolution of the God Concept among the Hebrews
97:1. Samuel—First of the Hebrew Prophets
97:2. Elijah and Elisha
97:3. Yahweh and Baal
97:4. Amos and Hosea
97:5. The First Isaiah
97:6. Jeremiah the Fearless
97:7. The Second Isaiah
97:8. Sacred and Profane History
97:9. Hebrew History
97:10. The Hebrew Religion
>>
>>18953561
You stated how you feel about religion. And you want a "redpill" on it. Redpills pertaining to a singular subject, usually criticize it negatively. You also wanted to wonder about what you were ignorant on when it comes to abrahamic religions. So what is it you're trying to confirm? Why not just ask specifics on the things you don't know about abrahamic religions.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.