[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Emerald Tablets of Thoth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1488854616538.jpg (8KB, 320x246px) Image search: [Google]
1488854616538.jpg
8KB, 320x246px
So I have decided to begin my understanding of the Occult and it has been suggested to me to begin with the Emerald Tablets.
Can anybody direct me to a credible source that breaks down each of the tablets, studying their meaning?
Also, what are some other good places to start regarding this topic?
>>
if they're real, who translated them
>>
>>18952820
There seems to be multiple sources of translation online, but I would like a source that offers a more in depth study of each of the tablets, if possible?
>>
>>18952818
>>>18952769
It's the /omg/ (Occultism & Magick General) thread
>>
>>18952826
where are each of the tablets, only ever saw 1
>>
>>18952849
Thanks for this.

>>18952894
http://www.crystalinks.com/emerald.html
>>
>>18952913
I mean the tablets, not translations
>>
>>18952820
manethon translated them to greek
was an egyptian priest
most of them are stolen from libraries that they burned/destroyed and are in hands of the NWO guys, they have been using this knowledge since then and keeping it hidden
1 or 2 books are saved and the translations are poor but still very powerful knowledge
>>
emerald tablet or the emerald tablets?
the former is an actual hermetic document
the latter is a new age fabrication
>>
Someone on here was saying that all but the first are fraudulent. Hope someone can clear that up.
>>
>>18953883
There's not much to clear up. Occultists are just too lazy to do some proper research.

The Emerald Tablet of Hermes Trismegistus is a short poem first found in the Secretum Secretorum of Pseudo-Aristotle in the 13th century and the Summa Perfectionis of Pseudo-Geber in the 14th. Both works were originally written in Arabic and were held in great esteem by Medeival alchemists.

The Emerelad Tablets of Thoth the Atlantean are a 20th century fabrication of Maurice Doreal / Claude Doggins. They should best be considered as shitty fanfiction.
>>
>>18952820
Many, many people have. There are over 20 translations compiled in a pdf. Read all the ones you can find.
>>
>>18953993
Thanks I was aware of the former but not the latter.
>>
>>18952820
Dr. M. Doreal
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.