[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Occultism & Magick General: May Day Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 47

File: gemmapredator.jpg (166KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
gemmapredator.jpg
166KB, 900x900px
/sum/ pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/HhU18gCW (embed)

Library:
https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ
>>
https://youtu.be/eSvJgRSiJSM
>>
Hey, does anyone else think it's funny that Ape is hosting materials and practically giving tutorials on summoning literal succubi, and yet still the "HOW I SUMMON SUCKBUS" threads show up, and the responses invariably include a link o some dude's blog about a ritual to summon one, and the grammar/spelling/syntax is so awful it's like... "seems legit" for the average SUCKBUS seeker? Yeah. Good times.
>>
>>18952769
Ape, if you see this, I'm wondering...you mentioned in another thread that the Astral body and Etheric body are one in the same. I'm seeing on Thelemapedia where they also make the claim that there are
>4 bodies: Mental, Astral, Etheric and Physical

(http://www.thelemapedia.org/index.php/Lesser_Ritual_of_the_Pentagram)

Any thoughts on why? Thanks.
>>
>>18952790
After being on /x/ for a few years, seeing the words "how to summon a succubus" has lost all meaning.

Though I've had one come to me in a dream once, shit was terrifying.
>>
>>18952807
Four bodies corresponding to the four elements of Qabbalistic creation, I assume.
>>
>>18952814
That's kinda the impression I got, but I feel like ape said they were the same thing...unless they are just the same thing but travel in/correspond to different realms?
>>
>>18952837
The way I've understood it, in Thelema, you create a body of light - which is higher form of consciousness, separate from your own.

An etheric body is essentially the same thing, but occupies the ether - a lower plane of existence than the astral plane.
>>
>>18952769
Gosh, Ape's library looks even bigger than last time...
I don't even know how to fit all of that.
>>
Where da White Women at?
Bump.
>>
So, I'm still intrigued by the conversation I read last night between Ape and that one dude about the Minerval Initiation and "why are you here" thing.
I wonder how pissed they would get if someone said "Because I am," or, "initiation."
>>
Hey, does anyone know anything or know of any books involving or describing the different nexus around the planet and the magicks about them? Really need to research this.
>>
>>18953028
Agrippa has planetary stuff, '3 books of Occult Philosophy' I think
>>
>>18953009
I am that person on Minerval Initiation - I'm currently reading through the suggested materials.

Also, this:
>Within O.T.O., the process of initiation is [not] unlike that of many college fraternities or the military, the goal of which is to bond the individual to the group by means of ego-collapse, often via methods of pain, exhaustion, and degradation.
>>
What is (in your opinions) the best type of magic(k)/Witchcraft? I just do sigils now, but am looking for something to be a part of with a community
>>
>>18953051
Which path or practices interest you?
>>
File: cover202.jpg (41KB, 400x552px) Image search: [Google]
cover202.jpg
41KB, 400x552px
>>18953009
>I wonder how pissed they would get if someone said "Because I am," or, "initiation."
I made a rambling, overly philosophical response that ended to that effect, but I got no response. They were arguing. Something about whether "quim" is relevant to alchemy.

And I thought it was slang for a vagina.
>>
>>18953137
I remember your response - I don't believe it was adequate either. Not trying to diss you; but being honest.

The OTO takes these matters gravely serious it would seem - not anyone can just show up and join.

They were discussing Quimbanda and it's possible etymology
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quimbanda
>>
>>18953114
I love ritual heavy things, but no Satan summoning shit. Something like Wicca with less environmental and feminist bs
>>
>>18953160
Please don't evoke Tobias WE WUZ Noel.
Don't bring that evil in this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFEzW1Z6TRM
>>
>>18953165
>ritual heavy
You want something more ceremonial or high magic
>no Satan summoning
Horned deities are a difficult thing to out-maneuver. Many of those who follow the Craft believe in some sort of male/aggressive/dominate force - typically with horns. However, it doesn't have to be tied to Christianity (even some practioners used psalms from the Bible for spells).
>like Wicca with less environmental and feminist bs
I want to say Cultus Sabbati - but witchcraft is such a broad term. For all I know, you could have no interest in it.
>>
File: Billy.jpg (39KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Billy.jpg
39KB, 400x300px
>>18953165

Stick with Christianity then. Tons of ritual and zero risk of summoning Santa.

>>18953189

Chicken Arise, Arise Chicken.
>>
Complete newbie here.

I'm quite literally interested in making someone fall in love with me for completely selfish reasons. I lost a lot of weight, gained plenty of muscle. Got great finances going, but I want to make this girl mine or at least influence her heart towards me. I'm a hollow person with a lack of a personality so I'm hoping this will help as I make myself more interesting.
>>
>>18953209
>I'm a hollow person with a lack of a personality
Go see a counselor for you latent/undiagnosed BPD then come back.
>>
>>18953214
>borderline personality disorder
Okay lets just sweep that under the rug and pretend it doesn't exist :^)

Thoth pls help. I wouldn't do anything to harm this girl and I wouldn't drag her into my past or my past lifestyle.
>>
So I was browsing a conspiracy NWO website and I saw a few concepts I wanna ask about, since they didn't clarify much apart from their conspiracy notions: Dark Freemasonry and Dark gnosis.

Is this a meme or is it a thing?
>>
has there ever been a cult dedicated to the worship of hats? this is a serious question
>>
File: Hat Cult.jpg (106KB, 475x612px) Image search: [Google]
Hat Cult.jpg
106KB, 475x612px
>>18953225
>>
>>18953221
>Okay lets just sweep that under the rug and pretend it doesn't exist :^)
No.

>>18953222
>Is this a meme or is it a thing?
Uneducated memeing.
>>
is there something that can spark the love between my husband and I again or am I just being a deluded mother?
>>
Dear guy asking about pyramid anon: I'll pay attention to the thread today, ask away
>>
>>18953009
I don't imagine that it would be that bad.
I'm sure that they understand that no one goes into the OTO perfect and joins because they know that it can help them improve
>>
>>18953303

Can you plz link post anon?
>>
>>18953291
That's natural. Let me guess, is your youngest kid seven years old?

Make a new one, get a seven years extension for your marriage.
>>
>>18953291
Find a swarthy bull to pump your MILF kitty full of gooey seed while he watches.

That'll at least:
1) Give you a goo dicking (for once).
2) Show that if he gets jealous and wants to fuck your bull's cum out of you, there's probably some passion left. If he just don't care, you still got a studly new hunk of man meat out of the deal.

GO GET YER GROOVE BACK, STELLA.
>>
>>18953336
youngest is 11, not looking to put another bun in the oven

>>18953340
tldr become a cuck, yes very nice meme you have there, maybe its just age? he seems distant.

I miss him.
>>
>>18953349
No you won't become a cuck, you'll be making him a cuck.

And really that's no more psychospiritually invasive to him than forcing him to love you with magick.
>>
>>18953351
I'd rather force him to love me with magic than literally become a cumdump for another man. He was my first, lets keep it that way.

Is it spelt magick?
>>
>>18953354
Old Anglish spelling...aye...
>>
>>18953363
More like early modern English.
Old English is just Anglo-Saxon West Germanic.
>>
>>18953354

>Magick

Only to the pretentious.

In regards to your flagging relationship, maybe talk to him openly and honestly instead of seeking a magical answer. Magic requires far more effort than mundane efforts and if the relationship is dying, you're not saving it; You're setting up an even worse blowout for the the future. The only thing permanent in existence is impermanence, make peace with that.
>>
>>18952769
Anybody know if theres any validity to ancient herbal medicines? I'm talking mixing two sweet potato roots with mushrooms and then rubbing it on your forehead type stuff.
>>
>>18953380
Yes but I have no idea what you're talking about w/r/t sweet potatoes and mushrooms.

>>18953374
Shouldn't you be in Suit of Wands perpetuating drama?
>>
Alright /x/

SO

How do I into magick? What is magick?

Give me the Q U I C K R U N D O W N
>>
>>18953354

Anon, look up the love spell m he gave us a month back. Sorry to hear about your martial problems
>>
>>18953410
Read and understand the beginner's folder.

>>18953419
>M
I mean, if you were serious you'd go Old World and toss some menstrual blood into his tomato sauce with a quick oration.
>>
File: I0P.jpg (24KB, 236x339px) Image search: [Google]
I0P.jpg
24KB, 236x339px
>>18953410

Magic is using various methods to accomplish various ends.
>>
>>18953410

Read books, make your will known
>>
>>18953410
Magick is a branch of occultism that puts the knowledge into practice. The statement "Magick is the Science and Art of causing Change to occur in conformity with Will." leaves much to be desired. What most people mean is quite different, but a proper discussion of the subject should start from presumed ignorance of the subject. So, I guess you could say that it is like I said above, applied use of esoteric knowledge.
>>
>>18953410
Try sigils to see if it works. There's no point reading a shitload if you don't know if its actually possible.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOUglLOR1cg
Then start reading some books from the beginners folder.

Goetia describes magic as:
>"Magic is the Highest, most Absolute, and most Divine Knowledge of Natural Philosophy, advanced in its works and wonderful operations by a right understanding of the inward and occult virtue of things; so that true Agents being applied to proper Patients, strange and admirable effects will thereby be produced. Whence magicians are profound and diligent searchers into Nature; they, because of their skill, know how to anticipate an effect, the which to the vulgar shall seem to be a miracle."
>>
>>18953160
>The OTO takes these matters gravely serious it would seem - not anyone can just show up and join.
That's fine by me. I don't really intend to join. Doing just fine studying on my own.
>>
>>18953430

Better then nothing, and hey ritual + belief works
>>
>>18953490
They're not gonna say "don't ever talk to me or my son ever again" they're just gonna rag on you for having a dumb reply.

It's called "personal growth".
>>
just adding:
https ://ulozto .sk/!KRLuIXeIRPnT/gustav-davidson-dictionary-of-angels-including-the-fallen-angels-free-press-simon-schuster-1971-pdf

Pass: angels
>>
>>18953599
Do me a favor before I bother to download it, and look up:
Mahaziel (spelling may be fucked, hunt around in M)
Zhamael

And tell me what they say. I don't wanna bother downloading it if it's weak.
>>
Hey Sabbatick Crafters, Cunning Men, and Ye Patrons of Thee Elderytch Artes:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/BorealisIronWorks?ref=l2-shopheader-name
>>
>>18953624
Referenced many times mainly under Abezi-Thibod and days of creation (Zhamael)
>>
>>18953624
I'm not >>18953599
My connection speed is severely limited, but the file size is 22,816,294 bytes, the same from the copy at Library Genesis.
>>
Ok so I have found the beginners folder, but where do I begin?
>>
>>18953706
Wherever.

>>18953690
Including Mahziel.
Guess it's one of the editions I've been hunting for. Thanks.
>>
>>18953713
You gave me, I give you. Thanks also.
>>
>>18953674
>This item is hand-forged entirely, approximately 13" in length. The iron Nowl, or Nail, enjoys a rich history of use among scores of people the world around, applying the fixative and binding powers to ends beyond the simple wedding of wood. The ferocity of iron is here invoked as well. This implement is made to order and, as such, each piece may very slightly from the other. Additional considerations related to auspicious hours/days of creation, and the addition of materia magica to the iron or forge during creation, can be discussed. Thank you.
>>
File: Hellblazer.jpg (42KB, 330x412px) Image search: [Google]
Hellblazer.jpg
42KB, 330x412px
>>18953505
Meh. I've been through a lot of "personal growth" since I was first interested in this stuff.

I used to be a lot like that one guy who replied about... destiny, or whatever. Now I don't really give a shit. Like I said, I'm mostly drawn by curiosity. I like studying people's beliefs.

It's mostly anthropological, in a way. Scholarly interest. But hey, if shit goes down, I'd still like to know how to defend myself.

Don't much believe in vampires, but I damn well know what to do if people are dying from one. Better safe than sorry, right?

I highly doubt they'd ever let someone in who just wants to poke their nose around though. I'm fully aware that I'm not serious enough for their liking. I'm no good at commitment.
>>
>>18953766
tl;dr, wouldn't let you roleplay in my temple.
>>
>>18953189
I did almost say that!
>>
>>18953739
>$45 nail
I WILL DIG A CHILD OUT THE GROUND AND HARVEST EVERY COFFIN NAIL AND SINEW AND MAIL THEM TO YOUR BURNOUT ASS AT WORK BEFORE I WILL PAY THAT MUCH FOR A FUCKING NAIL.
>>
>>18953794
That's fine, I suck at roleplay.
>>
>>18953819
I mean if you want to hand forge your own iron wand at ritually significant dates and hours with arcane materia added be my guest.

That shit's cheap for what he's offering.
>>
>>18953833
You can get that done for a six pack of beer or a bowlpack. It's like you don't know any smiths.

So, if you accidentally a kid while out night shovelling, will that fuck up the kangling? I'd be tempted to make a flute instead with the length.
>>
>>18953739
Oooh lala.
Square head nail sets?!?!
I think I honestly just blew a gasket.

Ape, your Exu needs a forged iron trident with stand.

Centella Ndoki just chased me in from a 5 mile hike - apparently there's a Tornado warning in my county.
>>
>>18953840
>It's like you don't know any smiths.
I know plenty.
I don't know many that would seriously and contemplatively take on the rites of the forge.

>I'd be tempted to make a flute instead with the length.
Other longbones would likely be more appropriate. As long as it's a wind instrument you're good.
>>
>>18953843
Paying someone in drink to do exactly what you say and keep quiet is one of the oldest cunning artes. I want to be surprised that someone is making Acre Nowls but then it' coming from the fucking PNW.

I'd prefer flute but it doesn't exactly herald much. Maybe a shakuhachi, those fuckers are creepy as shit.
>>
>>18953468
using that method, what are the chances that something completely different would happen? because you are removing parts of the words, what is the chance that something else completely different fits with the letters and happens instead?
>>
>>18953864
I would think the chances are slim - because YOU are the one formulating and you are only applying intent based on what you are planning and thinking at the time.
Does that make sense?

Now, if you sit there and nit pick to death - chances may go up that you have either no result or unintended result.
>>
Can anyone give me any information on old world and new world energies, as well as the veil that separates them both?
>>
>>18953889
Please clarify and simplify the question.
>>
>>18953889
The only veil is in our conception of which is which.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOJj_MNIBUg
>>
>>18953910
I wish I could. I guess the only ones who can help me are ones who know exactly what I'm talking about with the terminologies I've used. Sorry I can't clarify more than that. :/
>>
>>18953925
>I don't know what I'm talking about.
K.
>>
>>18953927
Wrong. The question given was to clarify and simplify. To someone who can actually help me, my question is very clear and very simple.
>>
>>18953977
>my question is very clear and very simple.
No, not it isn't.

What is the "Old World" v. "New World"? Are you talking of Europe and America? Why would there be a veil between their practice? If there is one, why can the veil simply be lack of cultural understanding?

If you're talking old ways of occultism, I keep a massive historical and anthropological library of these materials.
>>
>>18953977
So by the old world what do you mean? Europe? Asia? The americas? Or do you mean the americas when you say the new world? Does that include americans?
>>
File: D0K.jpg (403KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
D0K.jpg
403KB, 1000x666px
>>18953889

>Asking to be spoonfed

Fly or fall on your own; If you don't have the information you're looking for, it's because you're insufficient and can't make use of it even if someone bothered.
>>
>>18953990
>>18953992
>>18954083
Not that Anon; but I did a little googling - all of it seems to point to a Lightning Path Press.

And, guess what? It's utter dumpster-fire trash
>>
>>18954108
*sigh*
>>
>>18954134
Sometimes I wonder what it was like to be the kid that couldn't even ask the kind of question that was good enough to get an answer they couldn't understand.
>>
File: Beauty_8.jpg (560KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
Beauty_8.jpg
560KB, 1024x681px
>>18953977
Listen, kid.
I TRIED to help you.
I WANTED to help you.
So, let's try this again.

Clarify and simplify your question.
Don't be purposely vague.
It doesn't make you sound smart, or cute, or experienced.

Now, what is YOUR definition of the Old World?
What is YOUR definition of the New World?
What is ENERGY are you wanting to know about?
What is the VEIL that YOU think exists -- what is your concept of it.

If you can break it down, I'm WILLING to attempt to give you a chance today.
I'm in a giving mood.
Besides, after 5 miles hiking + some just walking around + some weights I'm just damn tired.
I've worn out all my angers - so bring it and let's see if I can help you out.
>>
>>18954205
>>
File: Altar da esquerda da quimbanda.jpg (21KB, 393x194px) Image search: [Google]
Altar da esquerda da quimbanda.jpg
21KB, 393x194px
Almost done with my Quimbanda paper, whew.
>>
>>18952769
I don't knoe where else I can ask but I need some help. For whatever reason I've been pushing off my uni assignments and haven't been doing them. The term ends in about two weeks and I feel that if I don't do them that I'll fail at least half of my classes. What do I do? I've sat down at home and at the uni in a study room trying to finish the damn work, but I just can't do it. I don't know what the hell I can do. Is there any magic, mantra, angel summoning, anything that can help me with this problem of mine?
>>
>>18954396
Invokation of Hermes.
Crowley's Liber Israfel may work.

But there's zero substitute for discipline.
If all else fails try Art of Memory.
>>
>>18953911
this is beautiful
>>
>>18954398
I've found the text for Invokation of Hermes and Crowley's Liber Israfel but what exactly do they do? Is it to summon someone such as Hermes and ask for his knowledge or what? What do I do with the invocation? Also when it comes to discipline I always got my work in on time, but the past few weeks I feel as if I have been unable to do my work. I just stare at the assignment and do nothing for many hours, or something other than the assigbment. I also feel as if my mental stability is on n the verge of collapse and that I may have a mental breakdown. Is this depression, a panic attack, or what? I feel as if a hex was put upon me or some shit. That's probably why I went on here. I've never felt like this before and I don't know what to do.
>>
>>18954398
Next update:

The General Archaeoastronomical Methodology of the Research of Historical Sites in the Various Astronomical Coordinates.

The Scripture of Great Peace - the Taiping Jing and the Beginnings of Daoism.

The Development of the Babi and Bahai Communities.

The Demonic in the Political Thought of Eusebius of Caesarea

Pagan Magic of the Northern Tradition: Rites Customs and Ceremonies (fluff publisher, stellar academic reviews)

Krakau Picatrix

Eliphas Levi and the French Occult Revival

Account of the Fables and Rites of the Incas (Complete with female initiation rites so you too can be a Daughter of Inti! Sorry boys, better luck next time)
>>
>>18954414
It's probably stress, welcome to the club. I'd suggest taking an hour or two to go relax in a float tank, but that's a rare privilege so corpse posture and a blunt.
>>
>>18954414
>I also feel as if my mental stability is on n the verge of collapse and that I may have a mental breakdown
Go talk to you uni councilor and not /omg/.
>>
>>18954438
>(Complete with female initiation rites so you too can be a Daughter of Inti! Sorry boys, better luck next time)
Kek
>>
>>18954441
Well shit. At least I know what I may have. Thanks anon.
>>18954445
I'm absolutely shit when it comes to emotions so I usually try and fake it. So I didn't know what my problem was. Sorry about that laddie. I'll go do that.
>>
>>18954463
Really not trying to be a dick about it.

Damnit, Jim, I'm an occultist, not a psychiatrist.

I cannot council you or prescribe medications (though I'd probably be better at it than some of these fuckin' docs I see), and you can't begin this stuff without having your head screwed on straight.
>>
File: senpai.png (63KB, 968x154px) Image search: [Google]
senpai.png
63KB, 968x154px
A-am, am I doing it right s-senpai?
>>
File: 1492895202078.jpg (100KB, 638x960px) Image search: [Google]
1492895202078.jpg
100KB, 638x960px
>>18954470
Don't worry mate I get ya. If I was in your position and see some guy rambling off I'd be confused and not knoe what to do. You actually helped me find out the problem so don't think that you were a dick about it or something. I don't have anything in ke to thank ya for so have this spooky corpse I guess.
>>
>>18954438
>Account of the Fables and Rites of the Incas
SWEET.
>>
>>18954345
are we going to be able to read that? Id like to read that.
>>
I will probz get shit on BUUUUUT is immortality possible?

How would one go to achieve it?

I guess closest thing to it would be if your spirit stays here after death and stays sane?
>>
>>18954470
I'm getting crazy hot while doing shamatha these days, like take off all your clothes in the cold and sweating. I know it ain't no thang, but is there anything fun or useful I can do with it? Any chance this is the tummo i read about and if so, what's to be done aside from working and letting it work on me?
>>
>>18954491
all he said is you needs to seek help and you dont want to see what happens to the people that dont seek help. i dont know anyone that would disagree with that
>>
>>18954509
When I was really young an older person once told me that having children is an "experiment in immortality".

It's like a little piece of you, or at least your genetic structure, carries on forever.

Not that I'm condoning reproduction, but it's one way to go about it.
>>
>>18954522
Yeah I understood what he said my boy. Thank ye for trying to help me understand it but I got what he said. Gonna try and see what I can do about it tomorrow at the uni.
>>
>>18954526
I don't think a child necessarily has to share your DNA to be "your" child.
>>
>>18954547
Yes, it does.
For the purposes of this example it does.
>>
>>18954547
It does if you want to be immortal.
>>
>>18954513
Yes.
Just go deeper.

Hard for me to get the sweats. Thought I was doing something wrong for years. Found some mantras to facilitate.

>>18954484
Yes.
>>
>>18954558
>>18954557
Only if you define immortality in strictly biological terms, though. And what is biology anyway? Biology is just another religion people use to rationalize their prejudices.

*snaps her fingers*

Made ya think!
>>
>>18951246
>Latin is a constructed language from Celtic.

What's this?

Our very own brand of flatlander?

Does anybody else have anything to add here that would make me think this statement is anything else than sheer idiocy?
>>
>>18954595
Listen mouth breather, when I want your opinion I'LL ASK FOR IT.
The only reason you're tolerated here is because you might get someone's dick wet.
Now, kindly FUCK OFF.
>>
>>18954595
Way to pretend you're not just a cluster of cells around calcium deposits, I guess.
>>
>Always amused by the "Where do I start?" question that invariably appears along with "Give me the rundown..."

I am wondering if it wouldn't be productive for those of us with a particular grasp on certain methods to create a selection of 'curriculum's for respective systems, in order to better focus the attention of the student toward core texts and concepts.
>>
>>18954640
Uh... so like... a FAQ section?
>>
>>18954645
The /fringe/ FAQ is pretty adequate, I'm thinking something more along the lines of short courses/reading lists. The bare essentials to codify definitions and philosophy within a certain system, so that by the time you come to absorb supplementary texts, the reader is aware of the specific context and is not confusing various ideas.
>>
>>18954595
biology is not a religion.
it is a science.
the difference is that a science asks you to take nothing on faith.
if you disagree with something is science, all you have to to is TEST IT.
if you are right, the experiment will tell you so, if you are wrong, the experiment will tell you that instead.

however, i agree with you nonetheless on your point here >>18954547.
we are patterns of thought, not lumps of flesh.
this is the only thing that differentiates people from animals.
as such, having raised a child is a much better claim than having squeezed one out.
>>
>>18954645
nice palindromes.
>>
>>18954571
Ape, I might have some suggestions for your Philosophy folder - some subsidiary reading perhaps? Obviously you don't have to include them - just wanted to know your thoughts on each.

>"The White Goddess" by Robert Graves
Not only some beautiful poetry; but also a great insight into some mythology (and it has riddles!). I remember reading about it while reading through the CS material.

>"The Cloud upon the Sanctuary"
Influential writing by Karl von Eckartshausen (a former Illuminati member) of Christian mysticism and an foreword/introduction by A.E. Waite. I couldn't find it in the mega, even though it influenced the GD and Aleister Crowley.

>The books of the "Apocrypha"
The only book that I could find with apocrypha in the title was "Apocrypha Discordia". What are your thoughts on the contradictory, rejected texts of the Bible; and don't they contain some esoteric value?
>>
Hey anons, so I was wondering if there's a book or two that you could recommend on the history of occult/magic traditions and practices in the west? A bit of an odd request, but I figured you guys might be able to point me in the right direction.
>>
File: G0R.jpg (55KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
G0R.jpg
55KB, 600x600px
>>18954640

People almost never read them, and will keep doing what they already do so they "get the low down" or it's a case of "I'm a special snowflake, hold my hand anyway".
>>
>>18954695
Aye, true, it's reasonably likely the mundanes will be mundane and those who Will to read will do so.
>>
>>18954723
I think an FAQ pastebin could do almost the same job you are thinking, and would be easier to maintain.

After a while, I think having people with the time to volunteer and devote to writing whole courses will be a problem.
>>
>>18954695
>>18954723
ehh...
with the number of books available, "where do i start" is a reasonable question.
>>
>>18954743
>>18954723
>>18954695
Im perfectly content with a closed loop that doesn't offer a friendly hand. There are lots of examples of babbies first magic out there for people to peruse.

It may come off as rude and elitist but one of the biggest problems in modern culture is this all-pervasive entitled attitude. Screw an FAQ and a first steps guide, it will do them better to have to earn it by actually putting forth some effort. It's a more useful lesson to a budding occultist anyway.

If the incredible value and utility of this enormous library is lost on them right from the start, coddling them through the first steps wont help.

Many people, most notably to us, Thoth, have already exerted a great deal of effort and shown a great deal of generosity in assembling this thing and in supporting it. I dont feel its unreasonable to expect them to show a bit of their own generosity and effort by you know... reading a fucking book.
>>
>>18954779
and the reasonable answer is "by researching what you want to study, and the authors so that you don't have to ask this question"
>>
>>18954806

I actually can't help but agree with this.

There is a mind-boggling amount of text in this library. The beginners folder is enough.

Why the hell is anybody into occult shit if not to find *their things* ? Having a walkthrough sounds counter-productive. Entry points should be enough.

>>18954779
>>18954820

Another reasonable answer is "anything in the beginners folder that doesn't make you roll your eyes into your own brain"
>>
>>18954806
I'm with you Sèvis. Handholding only helps so far before it becomes more of a hindrance. As an occultist, you should forge your own path; but learning from those who came before you.

I'm greatful for these books and for those willing to answer my questions - but some things need to just be discovered on your own. That's apart of life, that's part of the experience.
>>
>>18954832
>"anything in the beginners folder that doesn't make you roll your eyes into your own brain"
If theyre not rolling their eyes into their own brain they're missing a vital step. I still cant finish Regardies Black Brick without wanting to claw my eyes out and Ive been at this for a long time.
>>
Bump.
>>
>>18954664
>patterns of thought
>this is the only thing that differentiates people from animals
Are you some kind of Abrahamist that doesn't believe animals think and have souls?
>>
File: tumblr_ob4xt5wC1O1vnmhkyo1_1280.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ob4xt5wC1O1vnmhkyo1_1280.png
1MB, 1280x720px
What's the worst thing a beginning magician can do?
>>
>>18955670
Folding to any of the zillion reasons the universe will use to make the magician stop.

Persevere.
>>
>>18953889
Do you mean like "African gods" vs the "saints of European Catholicism"?
>>
>>18954607
H-how do I get my dick wet with her?
>>
>>18955674
I mean, it's not like I don't know what I'm talking about, contrary to what the people of this thread think, there's just things about the topic i'd rather not share, due to my mind still trying to comprehend it all. What I mean by "old world" is a time where the "gods", not just the african, but those of other ancient civilizations, held prevalence in the world, instead of this one true "god" judeo-christianity has put into effect. This was a time period where magicks were practiced more regularly and more often. It wasn't a big deal if somebody could chuck a fireball or call forth magickal powers to aid them in whatever they require it for. This veil I speak of, is something that was put up by beings who used specific magicks blocking out, or severely diminishing, the magicks of other beings. This was put in place by a judeo-christian order, in order to keep the other gods from getting in the way of their god, as magicks that were most often practiced then, stemmed from the other gods from all aspects of civilization, from Egyptian, to Greek, to African, etc. Its basicslly something that took any powerful magick away from the people, except for those who have figured out how to break/peer through it. It is the weakest on the night of October 30th/morning of the 31st, which is why Hallows Eve is a time where supernatural things are more likely to occur. The new world that I mentioned, is basically everything after this veil was put into effect to the present. There is a complete difference in the energies of the old world vs the energies of the new, due to the veil being put into place, making old world energy next to impossible to manifest.
>>
>>18953990
>>18953992
>>18954083
>>18954205
Read this...
>>18955848
Also, I'm really sorry I couldn't clarify what I was talking about earlier. It's just that I was in such a rush yesterday, that if I had a fraction of time it took for me to write this post yesterday to relax, then I would have been so fucking happy. Anyways, I don't blame you for not wanting to help me based off my responses earlier, but if you could, the help would still be appreciated.
>>
>>18955848
This sounds mildly retarded.
>>
>>18955870
Or just something humans have been hard wired to not understand, as history is written by the victor, it has been severely edited from what actually occurred. Sorry you're one of these sheep. Also, there's a lot more that I could say to make everything I said make sense, but why spill that when I'm trying to get help from someone who knows what I'm talking about, because what would be more likely to happen, is for people to either read and choose whether or not this knowledge is worth keeping, like you are doing now, instead of helping out and seeing if others actually know what they are talking about if they try to help me with what I want to know.
>>
>>18955848
>there's just things about the topic i'd rather not share
Then why the fuck did you ask in the first place if you're not willing to discuss?

>a time where the "gods"
That time never ended.

> It wasn't a big deal if somebody could chuck a fireball
Zozzle.

>This veil I speak of, is something that was put up by beings who used specific magicks blocking out
What beings?
In the Kabbalah the veils are functions of Ain (void/nothing) and the shadows cast by the Spheres.

>This was put in place by a judeo-christian order
Like?
When?
How?

>It is the weakest on the night of October 30th/morning of the 31st,
Oh for fuck's sake.
The cultural myth is that the barrier between this world and the LAND OF THE DEAD gets thin. This has nothing to do with Paroketh, the Abyss, or potency of Work (unless maybe you're doing some necromancy).

>Hallows Eve is a time where supernatural things are more likely to occur
What about the seven other rites on the Wheel of the Year?

>There is a complete difference in the energies of the old world vs the energies of the new, due to the veil being put into place, making old world energy next to impossible to manifest.
No, not at all.
I have a giant shitload of """old world""" materials. I dunno who fed you this line but it's bs.
>>
>>18955891
*sigh*
I guess this just shows me the majority of /x/ really doesn't know what they're talking about. Sorry for bothering you people. Have fun dabbling in what you think is "Magick"
>>
>>18955907
Lol.
I'm sorry you think actual historical source texts of magick are BS and your little half-baked regurgitation of what you've heard third hand is the Magnum Opus.
>>
In any case, update here next thread or update on /his/?
>>
>>18955890
>history is written by the victor
Save you seem not to even have a grasp on that.

>Sorry you're one of these sheep
MUH SHEEPLE

>Also, there's a lot more that I could say to make everything I said make sense
This is the second time you've refused to add contextualizing information to make yourself comprehensible. If you have no interest in discourse, why are you replying?

> I'm trying to get help from someone who knows what I'm talking about
I know what you're talking about and it sounds like entry level dime store Wiccan trash.
>>
>>18955921
Ok. Well how about this. Try, in a matter of seconds, remembering everything about every single one of the lives your soul had prior to this one. What I say isn't coming from "this guy told me this and I believe him because I is a total clueless idiot", ok? This knowledge is coming from performing something I probably shouldn't have without preparation, but in short, it allowed me to remember every last detail of every single memory of every single life my soul had before this one. What I asking isn't some second rate, store bought, Wicca bullshit. What Im asking is for help to understand the information that has been presented to me, because, again, you try taking in every last memory from every last life you've had stemming back approx. 5000 years, all I a matter of 2- 3 seconds. I've done my best to explain here, because everything else, my brain is still trying to piece together and wrap around. So yes, based on your response, it truly shows me you have no idea what you are talking about, and you can give me no help even if you could understand it. Last reply, goodbye crap threads.
>>
>>18955948
Bye.
>>
>>18955948
>Try, in a matter of seconds, remembering everything about every single one of the lives your soul had
I'm well trained in Liber ThIShARB, friend.

>What Im asking is for help to understand the information that has been presented to me
Did you ever consider that vision content may be specifically tailored to your understanding, that you could have misapprehended it, or that there was a component of tacit deception on the part the revelatory force or entity?

>goodbye crap threads
Buhbye, don't let the door slap your ass on the way out, you won't be missed.
>>
>>18955948
>>18955956
>my experience tells me that the old magick has been shut away from this reality
>but goddamn if I've ever bothered to replicate any single rite older than like 300 AD. Why would I BOTHER testing my own claims?
>Spoonfeed me pls
>Whaa, Whaa, I don't like what you're feeding me
>>
Is an understanding of the Greeks or any other previous reading necessary to understand say Qabalah?
>>
>>18955964
Most of it is self-contained but understanding that Hebrew is full of puns goes a long way.
>>
File: ralph-steadman-coffee-stout.jpg (151KB, 900x631px) Image search: [Google]
ralph-steadman-coffee-stout.jpg
151KB, 900x631px
>>18955777
The same way you do with any mouth breather.
Whip it out and push her head down.
They'll usually autopilot from there.

Zazaz, Zazas, Nasatanada Zasas!
>>
File: IMG_20170402_113427536.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170402_113427536.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>18955991
You need some draconian gnosis in your life.
>>
>>18955948
Welp, that resolves that.
Kid, someone's been fucking with your mind hardcore if you think some of that is true.
You sound like you need an Intervention and Deprogramming STAT if you think SOME of that is true.

The only veil that exists between an "Old" World and "New World" is maybe between Pre-historic tribal spiritual practices like Animism and Historical spiritual practices.
Maybe you want to get into Dreamtime Spirituality and Shamanism.
But, no one is throwing fireballs there and no one ever has.
>>
>>18956005
*shhh*
You'll attract the henosis fag from the other thread.
>>
>>18954571
>Yes.
Just go deeper.

Thanks

>Hard for me to get the sweats. Thought I was doing something wrong for years. Found some mantras to facilitate.

Working?
>>
File: 1491771258849.jpg (346KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1491771258849.jpg
346KB, 1920x1080px
If anybody sees this, can you tell what you think about it?

So as far as I'm concerned psychedelics are magical in nature.

Therefore I propose a theoretical apparatus.
I call it the SyncQuacity, since it realies on four basic components.

these four components are as follows:

1. Audio input (songs selected at random)
2. Video inputs (videoclips from seconds to minutes, from animals to animation and full movie scenes)
3. subtitle input. (subtitle samples from movies, where you divide each file containing a small conversation of a sentence of text)
4. vocal input. (small vocal samples ranging from movie quotes to quotes by spiritual teachers)

All components are selected at random.

The idea is to make the psychedelics work their magic through the force of synchronicity. Making the machine capable of mirroring what is going on in your trip.

I post this here, because I know that Ape is an experienced psychonaut who's a magick practicioner.

I promise you with this system and the right dose of a psychedelic substance, you will experience valid results of synchronicity.

There is a real magic taking place in and throughout the atmosphere of your trips. This machine will tailor each experience to your trip.

according to my theory that psychedelic substances aligns the user with space and time, making them susceptible to magic happening around them.

Mushroms arent called magical just for the hell of it. It is pure magic, no question.

Again I post this here, since the apparatus could be a conduit for real life magic happening through the chaos of randomization which provides the possibility for order and harmony to manifest itself through the chaos

ordo ab chao

Sorry if you don't feel like this belongs in a thread about magic, but I think it does.

it is a magical playstation after all
>>
>>18955915
Update here. Or, if you do in /his/, link it here.
>>
File: Uncle_Bill_1.jpg (393KB, 1008x800px) Image search: [Google]
Uncle_Bill_1.jpg
393KB, 1008x800px
>>18956014
Sounds like the Cut Up method.
I've wanted to play with that for a long time, and just never have.
I consider it and then I get called away to other things and lose track until someone, like you, reminds me of it.

I just have to find a method to generate random written words that isn't so messy (newspaper clipping is right out until I find a good solution.)
>>
>>18956026
Seconded.
>>
>>18956036
There's bibliomancy, and random sentence generators
>>
>>18956036
rapscript.net

I played with that sometime ago and it helped me to outline a method of approach to this idea and that my theoretic software works like a mirror of your mind
>>
File: 04-23-17_3.jpg (2MB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
04-23-17_3.jpg
2MB, 3648x2736px
>>18956041
I was actually just thinking that a Websters Dictionary and a six sided die might do the trick.

Close eyes, holding book and dice.
Eyes closed open to random page and drop dice.
Open eyes, count dice and find that number word counting from the first word on the selected page.
Log word in something like a GoogleDoc.

>>18956046
I'll look and see what this is really quick.
I feel like Henre would enjoy this.
I think I should wake him up and we can work on it as a team.
>>
>>18956048
And rap script just worked.
Synchronicity found, but I didn't expect I might need to screen cap.
It spit out "Dictionary" and "Reader" immediately after each other.
The only bad thing is the lag time on this laptop.
I get impatient pretty quickly.
>>
>>18956060
yeah its pretty neat
>>
>>18956060
>>18956070
I reckon that under the influence of psychedelics would boost the transmission
>>
File: Animism_Spirit_Animals_Coyote_1.jpg (82KB, 473x355px) Image search: [Google]
Animism_Spirit_Animals_Coyote_1.jpg
82KB, 473x355px
>>18956070
Agreed. I'm going to work on it tonight when I have extra time.
>>18956074
Sadly, can't.
Random drug testing at the company where I work.
Annnnd, I've been sleeping at my dad's house since I walked in to a dead body in the living room at my house.
I barely get away with locking myself in the back bed room to practice, and I'm hiding a human skull in the closet.
So, you can see the situation is a little perilous right now.
>>
>>18956115
Such is the life of the high level practicioners.

Take it easy and remember to spray salt.
>>
Hello,

I have not visited /x/ in a couple of years now, and there is this term that is just slipping my mind, so would really appreciate some help.

Essentially, it was described as an entity made by god that looks after the universe. There was something missing about it, maybe it lacked a soul or the spark of creativity, but it gave the impression of a background daemon running and stopping scripts as necessary. Also, it considered itself to be God.

was not sure if i should start a new thread, so i'm asking here. sorry in advance if this is not in the right taste for this thread.
>>
>>18956154
Le demiurge. Check out the neoplatonism folder.
>>
>>18956156
will do, thanks!
>>
>>18952809
care to elaborate?

inb4 sucking sperm with vacuum
>>
File: qa2c05f24.jpg (52KB, 386x400px) Image search: [Google]
qa2c05f24.jpg
52KB, 386x400px
Merry Beltane everyone.
>>
>>18955670
Accidentally a Incubus instead of a Succubus.
>>
>>18954857

Okay, I'll take that as a bit of friendly advice.

But, I don't think rolling your eyes into your own brain is good conditioning at all for *first steps*. Shocking? Sure. Mind-bending? That's good. Eye-rolling preposterous? Not so good.

Example: One of the very first anthropology classes I attended, ten years ago or somesuch.

The teacher was introducing us to some concepts and terminology. Apparently in whatever school/paradigm she followed and would make us follow, "theft" is a "reciprocal exchange". A "reciprocal exchange of negative reprocity". To which I raised my hand objecting that theft isn't an exchange in the same sense as any other of the two or three types of material exchanges she had already explained. She was adamant, but didn't give any explanations (or promises of future explanations).

I could see the agreement in the other students to my sides, so I made a little example on the spot: "This chap to my left has a notebook" *snatches notebook from his desk* "now, what have I EXCHANGED with him? I just took something he had and now it's mine - it's not even an exchange, therefore it can't be a reciprocal exchange of any sort, negative reprocity or not"

The teacher not only got flustered but even angrier, still not offering any reasonings or explanations, she just insisted it's like that.

After the lesson had ended I went up to the teacher's desk to apologize in case I had been rude, during which some girl in the class intercepted me crying with indignation "It's what it says in the book! It's what it says in the book!" The teacher didn't give a fuck about my apologies and insisted it "was" just like that no explanations given.

Needless to say, my conclusion was "fuck anthropology sideways", I never came back, I failed the subject, and to this day I don't give much about anthropology one way or another.

TL;DR:

You put frog into boiling pot, frog jumps the fuck out of pot.
You put frog into cold pot, your dinner is boiled frog.
>>
>>18956229
>I failed the subject
I'd have failed you too for gross excessive autism on the fact that that OED def. #2 reads:
>>>trans. To change away; to dispose of (commodities, possessions, etc.) by exchange or barter; to give, relinquish.
Your theft meets components 1, and 4. Also three if he doesn't beat your ass and take it back.
>>
>>18956229

At any point, have you considered that you're obstinately looking at things from your perspective, rather than considering it from an alternative perspective? You're trying to fit a square peg in a round hole by using your own thought processes to consider the perspective of *someone else*. The purpose of shocking the system, figuratively speaking, is to loosen up your perspective and allow you to /honestly/ consider things from an angle you don't normally explore. Same reason you give a good hard jerk when breaking lugs to change a tire.
>>
>>18956226
Incubus? Succubus? Inkubus Sukkubus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha2hLDEGBiA
>>
>>18956229
>When the exchange is delayed, it creates both a relationship as well as an obligation for a return (i.e. debt). Hence, some forms of reciprocity can establish hierarchy if the debt is not repaid.
>Negative reciprocity is the attempt to get "something for nothing with impunity." It may be described as 'haggling,' 'barter,' or 'theft.' It is the most impersonal form of exchange, with interested parties seeking to maximize their gains.

Seems perfectly clear to me. The reciprocal exchange is a social dynamic, it has nothing to do with the actual objects. Your example of grabbing the notebook fits perfectly in the definition of the phrase. Perhaps you just have trouble thinking.
>>
>>18956229
That's because (((anthropology))) is one of those liberal arts disciplines that's meant to macerate any sense of individuality or critical thinking you might have. It's basically Bible studies for atheists.
>>
>>18956229
>"Oh wow, this kid is being argumentative and disruptive for basically no reason. I think I'm gonna give him an A!"
Said no professor ever.

>some girl in the class intercepted me crying with indignation "It's what it says in the book! It's what it says in the book!"
You know that girl probably got an A, right? Try to think about why that is.

You never have anything to gain from arguing with a professor. If she says something you "know" is "wrong", chances are you've simply misunderstood, and you should take her aside after class and ask for clarification. Not make a huge spectacle out of challenging her. Dick.
>>
File: Palero_Palo_Mayombe.jpg (79KB, 433x542px) Image search: [Google]
Palero_Palo_Mayombe.jpg
79KB, 433x542px
>>18956268
I had never seen that complete definition before.
That's interesting and I hadn't thought of the situation in that way before.
Puts class struggle in a new perspective for me.
Thanks for the aha moment.
>>
>>18953291
>>18953349
I hear love magick tends to backfire.

Jordan Peterson has some good advice on relationships. For sex, maybe try the Taoist practices Mantak Chia has written about.

THen you can have marriage with hot sex, fair fights, spiritual/moral development and honesty. And you teach each other to do the things you guys like, so you actually do them.

That's the theory at least.
>>
Disclaimer:
I'm not saying that the way I acted was *wise*. But I had my reasons for doing it, which were abundantly clear; against which the teacher couldn't press any reasoning of her own but still expected me to (miraculously) accept her point.

>>18956247
Well, I failed the subject on the grounds that I *didn't ever show up again*, which makes my attitude a moot point.

Also, even though I appreciate your dictionary retort:

1) The class wasn't in English, it was in Spanish; and in Spanish the word she was using ("intercambio") doesn't have such a definition.

2) The teacher didn't even TRY to defuse my argument. She just wanted me to take it on faith towards authority, something which most of the time I'm totally lacking.

>>18956251

She could have easily said "Well, this may be hard to grasp now but it'll make more sense once we cover further lessons", which wouldn't have satisfied me, but I'd have accepted it.

Now consider this hypothetical case:

In my worldview, a solid cylindrical paperweight made in glass is a drinking glass. A drinking glass of negative hollowness. You try to drink out of it, which you can't, proving your point. Yet I insist without argument that you have to accept it as a drinking glass because of an ad-hoc trait defined exactly for convenience of my argument (negative hollowness).

Preposterous bullshit, right? Right.

>>18956268
Or maybe the teacher had trouble properly exposing even that, or arguing for it's vailidity.

Still, it feels like an entirely academic definition. Go tell someone who's just been mugged that it was an "exchange" and see how they react.

>>18956276
I'm not going to make such a blanket claim exactly because I already admitted I know fuck-all about anthropology, but YES, that's exactly how it felt, in that momen. Complete with sperging out on part of the speaker when confronted with a very simple argument.
>>
>>18956300

You have the saddest and driest concept of teaching that I've ever seen committed to text.

>"Oh wow, this kid is trying to think with their own brain instead of mindlessly gobbling down whatever bullshit I say!"

Not said, but probably thought by any *good* teacher I've met, which are a minority but still several.

>You know that girl probably got an A, right? Try to think about why that is.

Note she didn't say the book had any arguments in favor of or clarifying it, she just claimed the book said the same.

Now you'll expect me to buy that Jesus actually died for our sins just because some book says so... I have a book that says an alien desert world is snatching pieces of the earth, and that's clearly not true beyond the book's story.

Also, if that girl repeatedly got As by trying as hard as possible NOT TO THINK about what the teachers were telling her, I care about her (hypothetical) good grades just as much as if she'd gotten them by doing nice things under big desks.

>You never have anything to gain from arguing with a professor.

Wrong.

You can get deeper explanations, enthralling conversations, recognition, more knowledge for your classmates, and more involvement with the subject from everyone - as long as the teacher isn't an entitled little shit that doesn't know how to argue their way out of a wet paper bag but STILL expects to (miraculously) be treated like the fucking Pope of that particular subject.
>>
>>18956358
>Still, it feels like an entirely academic definition.
It IS an academic definition. You were IN an academy. They were TEACHING you.

You went to class on the first day and ARGUED THE DEFINITION OF A PHRASE. That is idiotic.
>>
>>18956406
I'm not saying everyone should blindly agree with their professor, obviously. There's obviously a difference between disagreeing, and being argumentative.

>"This chap to my left has a notebook" *snatches notebook from his desk* "now, what have I EXCHANGED with him? I just took something he had and now it's mine - it's not even an exchange

This anecdote, while I'm sure our anonymous friend thought he was very clever at the time, really just makes him out to be "that guy."
>>
>sample's of hair can be used to curse someone to death
>crowley shaved his head to prevent this
If I have a chunk of someone's hair, how would I go about fucking them over?
>>
>>18956406
>Now you'll expect me to buy that Jesus actually died for our sins just because some book says so...
Funny you should mention that, actually.

During the first week of classes, I make a point to visit each one of my professors in their office so I can get a better feel for their values (religious, political, etc.). If I see that my professor is devoutly Christian, you can bet I'll find some way to work Christian values into an essay. In high school, I had a science teacher who was a huge D&D nerd, so when we were learning about evolution I wrote an essay on the evolution of rust monsters.

The golden rule of writing/speaking is to know your audience. It's a life skill, sir.
>>
>>18956529
You know it's theirs.
What do you want to happen to them?
You can burn it, cut it, scatter it, what ever.
Use search term Sympathetic Magick.
Start with working something easy on them.
Like, if they drink too many sodas and eat too much shit food - give them a kidney stone.
If they have an issue with punctuality, coax it along to get them fired from their job.
You're just helping to speed up the process of the road they're already on.
>>
>>18956358

No, your ego is simply making you go through mental gymnastics so you don't have to come to terms with the fact that you were in the wrong, and are an insufferable douche. What you did wasn't out of understanding or clarification, it was you mindlessly acting on instinct to prove yourself an alpha in that instance.
>>
>>18952991
Hey
>>
>>18954398
Ape, for Israfel is one supposed to stand in god-form, do any other kind of invoking activities, or just recite the invocation standing/in asana?
>>
>>18956585
Hey there, you. You sound cute ;-)
>>
I've never had a paranormal experience before but I'm open to the possibility that this stuff exists. So I really just want some sort of proof. What is something simple I can do to achieve this?
>>
>>18953292
Yeah my bf did love magick on me and now he's stuck with a partner that constantly picks him apart so...
>>
>>18956603
>>18956603
Wow hella wrong response number. Meant to respond to >>18956342
>>
>>18956593
>93
So do you ;;)))
>>
>>18956556
You are a whore, you know that?
>>
>>18952769
Explains Hillary's "long walks in the woods"
>>
Is there a hidden occult message in this song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsBHojLUn5c
>>
>>18956612
I am indeed the poster to whom you originally responded, however, I must disappoint you in revealing that I, as well, am very, very white. Irish and Ukranian white, in the name of full disclosure ;-)
>>
>>18956624
I mean, there's a lot of homosexual relations and connotations attached to occultism in general, so you could always take that angle.
>>
>>18956416

Yes, up to that point my behavior is idiotic right?

Still, the teacher could have argued as much: That it is an academic definition, a narrow sense of the word that doesn't *have to* fit events as viewed through the lens of everyday life or language uses nevermind how much baffled I might be by such a thing - and yet she didn't.

But, was she trying to teach us, or was she just single-mindedly repeating what was in the textbook? She didn't seem able to reflect on how paradoxical it could sound to a newcomer.

Also, OF FUCKING COURSE I'm going to argue the definition of a phrase in the first day. How the hell am I supposed to build an entire year's worth of knowledge on flimsy bases?

>>18956506

The problem here is that every classroom isn't entirely made up of "those guys".

Another hypothetical:

1) You tell me that A is B
2) I retort that A is A, and that to consider that A is B you must put forth proof or argument
3) You withhold or fail to produce proof or argument *of any sort*
4) You insist that even lacking proof or argument, I have to admit that A is B
5) You get angry at me for arguing my point

...What sort of motive do I have to take you seriously *at all* ?

>>18956556

Ugh. That sounds slimy, but if that's what you want to do... I am not going to do such a thing, much less to get a grasp of their values - I'm not there to learn their values or conform to them, I'm there to learn on several particular subjects.

I can see the usefulness of your method, but I probably couldn't sleep properly after doing that. I've catered to christian fucktards in reports but only as a last resort
>>
>>18956635
>a narrow sense of the word that doesn't *have to* fit events as viewed through the lens of everyday life or language uses

Do tell about the "everyday life" uses of the phrase "negative reciprocity."

>Also, OF FUCKING COURSE I'm going to argue the definition of a phrase in the first day.
That's why you are an idiot.

>How the hell am I supposed to build an entire year's worth of knowledge on flimsy bases?
If you shut up and listen, you'll discover the base isn't flimsy. It took me two minutes of perusing a wiki article to get further than you did with who knows how many days of this altercation sitting in your mind as smug-fuel instead of motivation to expand your understanding.
>>
>>18956575
Hmmm. I can see some truth on what you're saying. In fact I'm probably going to consult this same issue with a friend to see if they concur with your diagnosis.

But seriously, it started as a honest question. A honest question the teacher didn't know how to handle (Seriously, ¿I was the first to pose it after years of teaching?) which is understandable, but her "solution" to the problem was to make a display of orthodoxy... and THAT is what I took exception to and why I ramped up my game.

Also, I *did* go and apologize to her as the class ended.

And my original argument here was that unbelievable stuff is NOT the way to make someone stick to a particular subject, of which this "negative reprocity exchange" anecdote was an example - I found such a thing impossible to swallow, stated as much, got told what amounted to take it on faith, and threw the subject forever.

My original argument was NOT that it is wise or recommendable to act the way I did, even if I actually think that in a learning environment anybody should question everything they can't accept at face value.
>>
>>18956649
I meant the everyday uses of "exchange", or rather, the everyday uses of the spanish word I'm translating here as "exchange".

This word, "intercambio", always has a meaning of giving and taking, and therefore "negative reciprocity" makes an (alleged) "intercambio" not such, because an "intercambio" *has to be reciprocal to some degree*.

Unless you argue that "You give me a black eye and I give you my wallet in return" is an actual exchange. Which it is, but only in a joking or cruel sense.

>If you shut up and listen, you'll discover the base isn't flimsy.
I'm not saying that the "negative reciprocity" conception is a flimsy base. I don't know enough about the subject to make such a judgement.

I'm saying that uncritically swallowing unwarranted assumptions is a flimsy base for any rational endeavor.
>>
>>18956635
>Ugh. That sounds slimy
Okay, keep swinging that straight-edged sword of truth and righteousness around. And may the tip of the blade carve an F into your forehead if that's what you want out of life.
>>
>>18956697
Do you have autism/asperger's? Honest question.
>>
>>18956697
>I meant the everyday uses of "exchange", or rather, the everyday uses of the spanish word I'm translating here as "exchange".
Which is why you needed to shut up and listen. She was teaching a sociological model of human behavior. That model has terms. Terms with specific definitions. Definitions you need to learn to understand further. You decided instead of doing that, you would argue THEY USED THE WRONG WORD WHEN COMING UP WITH THEIR TERM.

That's stupid.

>This word, "intercambio", always has a meaning of giving and taking
Again why you needed to shut up and listen. In Sahlins' model, exchange can be immediate or delayed.

>Unless you argue that "You give me a black eye and I give you my wallet in return" is an actual exchange.
Yes. Why would you not?
>When the exchange is delayed, it creates both a relationship as well as an obligation for a return (i.e. debt). Hence, some forms of reciprocity can establish hierarchy if the debt is not repaid.

>unwarranted assumptions
DEFINITIONS!!!! You were arguing against a definition!

> In 1965, an anthropologist named Marshall Sahlins observed that there are three distinct types of reciprocity that occur in human societies around the world--generalized, balanced, and negative.
See that? Right there Sahlins came up with three, new terms that HE GETS TO DEFINE.
>Generalized reciprocity is gift giving without the expectation of an immediate return.
>With balanced reciprocity, there is an explicit expectation of immediate return.
>Negative reciprocity occurs when there is an attempt to get someone to exchange something he or she may not want to give up or when there is an attempt to get a more valued thing than you give in return.

It's like you took a sailing class and quit because no one would agree that it should be called the "left" side of the boat.
>>
I get your position of question everything. However, you must have SOME understanding of what it is you're questioning. How can you question what people are telling you if you don't know what they are telling you?
>>
>>18956703
He is right, though. If I were a professor, I would consider that quite unusual and suspicious.
>>
>>18956743
What don't I get, exactly?

>>18956730
>It's like you took a sailing class and quit because no one would agree that it should be called the "left" side of the boat.
^^^^^^

>>18956616
Explain why you suck dicks for coke on Hollywood Blvd.

>>18956591
Godform assumption.

>>18956276
Did you just, like, miss all the ethnographies of the INDIVIDUAL?

What's your alternative to archaeology and ethnography? Fuckin' comparative religion?

>>18956358
Ready me to out autism you?
>1. m. Acción y efecto de intercambiar.
>2. m. Reciprocidad e igualdad de consideraciones y servicios entre entidades o corporaciones análogas de diversos países o del mismo país.
>~t. El diccionario de la Real Academia Española

>1. m. Action and effect of exchange.
>2. m. Reciprocity and equality of considerations and services between entities or similar corporations of different countries or the same country.

This actually fits more definitions that OED. The ACT of taking is a hit. The ACT of explaining the taking is a hit. The consideration of the lack of equality is a hit.
>>
>>18956229
> Eye-rolling preposterous? Not so good.
I was mostly joking, and also I misunderstood the phrase. I meant that every practitioner goes through material that either makes them want to scream, stop completely, or is such baffling nonsense that it actually undermines valuable information.

Preposterous is generally bad, but that said, one persons preposterous is another's gospel truth. I'd really suggest sampling from a large pool. You'll encounter a lot of bullshit, but throwing the net wide and sorting through it is the only way to get good results over time.

I have a lot of excellent books in my library, stuff Im proud to own and proud to have read, I also have some horrifically embarrassing shit that Ive waded through. I leave that stuff on the shelf because I consider it part of the journey. You have to train your own filters to identify horse shit when you encounter it, and unfortunately the best way to do that is to smell a lot of it.
>>
>>18956770
If I were him I'd make him word clear the damn phrase in the OED until his fingers bled.

OED is love.
OED is life.
Praise David Foster Wallace.
>>
>>18956781
>What don't I get, exactly?
That was for obnoxious >>18956664. Sorry not to quote the first time.
>>
>>18956770
>If I were a professor, I would consider that quite unusual
What, visiting the professor's office? Well, obviously you need to have a valid reason for going there so it doesn't seem like you have an ulterior motive. If you don't mind turning in an assignment slightly late, "my printer wasn't working this morning" is a good one.

Sometimes you just gotta know how to play the system.
>>
>>18956829
>2017
>not smoking weed with, popping pills with, and getting blackout drunk with your professor(s) while you ramble on about the good old days of the Typhonian OTO
>>
File: yuffie crying.jpg (108KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
yuffie crying.jpg
108KB, 480x640px
>>18956845
>tfw I had to give up drinking for medical reasons
>>
>>18956703
You're right spot on with that, thanks for reminding me. No, I don't want to fall that far off such slippery slope. Still, I find it extremely hard to go pay formalities and see more often that strictly necessary the bunch of shit-farting ass-for-mouths I've had as teachers for most stuff. Doing it on purpose to mimic them gives me the creeps.

>>18956715

Not that I know, or any sort of shrink that has seen me has ventured forward, and I've seen a few of different stripes (not a ton, though)

But if it's a honest question I guess I'll have to honestly consider it as an (a?) hypothesis.

>>18956730

OK I'll remind you two things:

1)
Here, In your posts you are several steps in the argument further than my teacher.
Your argument holds.
Your argument (or anything vaguely resembling it) wasn't brought up in the conversation.

2) This anthropology subject (imparted by an anthropologist) takes place within a philosophy degree.
All throughout the history of philosophy, thinkers redefine words to suit their fancy and take them home and call them George, with cavalier disregard for understandability.
If a redefinition isn't properly delimited, framed and argumented; the safest bet is that the author or current in question took a flight of fancy and state that X works in Y way with 0 connection to the real world <-weakpoint here. Sometimes even when it's delimited, framed, and argumented it's still steaming bullshit; because the delimitations, frames and arguments are bullshit in themselves.

Now, was this approach misapplied in the Obnoxious Vs Anthropology Teacher case? - Maybe on grounds of stricter methodology in anthropology when compared to philosophy?. I'm willing to accept that. Was I less readily aware of this? Yes.

3)
>A name
>An actual definition

Mr or Ms anonymous, you are greatly endowed with teaching proficiency beyond that anthropology teacher's capabilities.
>>
>>18956730
>Port argument
In the one or two brief sailing class I had as a kid, every term had a reasonably definite and useful reference and proved convenient in their specificity; but I had to check up which was wich now.

>>18956781
>Ready me to out autism you?

But of course, why wouldn't I, you're welcome :D

>Reciprocity and equality of considerations and services between entities or similar corporations of different countries or the same country
>The consideration of the lack of equality is a hit.

Uh. What. That definition explicitly states equality of considerations and you're saying it states the opposite. Either you're trying to mind-game me, the post has errata, or the logic you apply is otherworldly different from mine.

You have introduced "the act of taking"
You have introduced "the act of explaining"
You have introduced the "lack" concept by yourself.

None of those appear in the DRAE definition you posted. It talks about considerations, services, entities, corporations, and countries. It considers relations of equality and analogy between them, and whether there are frontiers between them or not.

I can't see where you are producing "taking", "explaining" or "lack" (of equality) from this, so your argument is impossible to understand for me. Is this my fault?

>>18956791
You're right with all that and I'll try to keep it in mind more often.

>>18956743
But you can't expect me to act on what I don't know... if I ask "what is there?" and what I get told is "WE DON'T ASK ABOUT WHAT'S THERE HOW DARE YOU" in some contexts I flip out a bit and call bullshit.

In all honesty, these guys are kind of forgetting this shit happened 10 years ago and today I'd probably be less of a jerk about it - I'd say "Okay, I don't see it but okay" unless the professor was a massive gasbag (In which case I'd totally be a prick about it, ignore it or quit)
>>
>>18957023
>Is this my fault?
Probably since a bajillion anth students have had zero issue understanding the concepts.
>>
File: funny-ouija-board-stories.jpg (26KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
funny-ouija-board-stories.jpg
26KB, 400x300px
https://www.tumblr.com/search/pink+witch+aesthetic

I just discovered the "pink witch aesthetic" tag on tumblr. I'm in love.
>>
>>>/his/2743289
>>
File: 920x920.jpg (79KB, 613x920px) Image search: [Google]
920x920.jpg
79KB, 613x920px
>>18957092
I'm beginning to think I might really dislike you.
Have some more pink.
>>
I guess this question is somewhat related to the thread.

What are some good old forests in the USA that one can live a hermetic but comfortable existence with nature while studying and practicing?
>>
>>18956910
>tfw I haven't gone to the doctor for years to not get medical reasons
>>
File: usa-population-density-map-flat.jpg (71KB, 600x477px) Image search: [Google]
usa-population-density-map-flat.jpg
71KB, 600x477px
>>18957145
>>
>>18957175
>>18957145
Put both maps together, move to closest one.
>>
File: 1452830353354.png (15KB, 546x508px) Image search: [Google]
1452830353354.png
15KB, 546x508px
>>18957175
>>18957184
>oldest forests in the world
>located mostly in commiefornia
suffering.
>>
>>18957145
Why not a desert
>>
>>18957193
dunno, always hated deserts. forests are just comfiest to me. I suppose a deserted beach area would work but such real estate is all bought up
>>
Hello wizards and demons of /x/

I've been really into magick since some time and posted in counted occasions in some of these threads

I just saw a video and I'm really excited about doing sigil magick but I have a question about how to NM correctly do this

Once I do a sigil (like the first letters of the phrase where I say what I want and draw a symbol with them) what do I do with it?
Do I put it in a wall like a poster or put it in a place where no one can see it?
Do I have to see it every day, make an altar to it or just save it?
Once what I want is done, what do I do with the sigil?

Thanks friends
>>
>>18957108
Thank you, much appreciated.
>>
>>18957030
You still don't explain how do you get "the act of taking, the act of explaining the taking, and the consideration of the lack of equality" from the DRAE definition.

I guess anthropology students have some theorem that from something its opposite follows.
>>
>>18956216
>inb4 sucking sperm with vacuum
Kek, naw. There is no vaccuum involved.

No, I just remember having a very
>vivid
>haunting
>easy to recollect
>highly sexual
dream involving a woman who went from extremely lustful to extremely terrifying and spiteful in seconds.

>be me
>asleep
>dreaming
>in a lavish room
>on a large bed
>ornately carved wood
>fancy, embroidered sheets
>she's petite, flawless
>modelesque facial features
>skinny, but ample in all the right places
>beautiful, tan skin
>blonde hair
>vibrant, green eyes
They almost seemed to radiate a green hue or light.

So, we're having pretty hot, energetic sex. I'm clapping her from behind, she's moaning, clasping tightly onto the bedsheets. We try all sorts of positions. In one, fluid motion, she slides up, pushes me onto my back, and then straddles me, grinding me, on top.

(Now, this is when it gets spooky) The room begins to darken - especially around her face (like a black halo emanating from behind her head). Her eyes still vibrant green, they widen with insanity. Her face contorts into something more devilish-looking. She becomes violently angry, saying something along the lines of:

>You will love no one other than me
>I will cut out the tongue of anyone you lust for
She also said that she was going to delight in watching my friends, family, and loved ones suffer as they rot and hang from the gallows in hell.

Instead of waking up with morning wood, I woke up like that from a nightmare, full of fear.
>>
>>18957382

sheeeesh

Amazing dream though.

Didn't try anything against her?
>>
Is there a point to performing any of these rituals for the first time if you're skeptical? I'm curious and I've got an open mind and I've never totally written this sort of thing off but I wouldn't be massively surprised if n o t h i n g happens if I make a sigil.
>>
>>18957399
>try anything against her?
I didn't. Too scared or in awe, I think.

Plus, she was on top of me (quite literally dominating me) - if you've ever wrestled or have been in a fight, being on your back while your opponent is on top of you is one of the worst positions to be in.
>>
>>18952769
What's significant about may day
>>
>>18953674
>dat acre nail tho
>>
>>18954595
>Biology is just another religion people use to rationalize their prejudices

This is a terrible statement and I would strongly suggest you reconsider your logic behind it
>>
>>18957792
I do!
Also, it could be argued that science is really just another religion.
>>
It's gettin' a little stupid in here.
>>
>>18954595
I fucking hate the tumblr mentality so much. If someone gains meaning out of the concept of having a biological child why would you shit on that? Because it's something you're excluded from? Can you really not see how evil and selfish that is? The worst part is people like you are always going to be convinced that what you're doing is righteous while you steadily make the world an even more ugly, sterile, and joyless place to live. Fuck your "If I can't have it nobody can" mentality
>>
>>18957799
It really isn't. There is a certain dogma and competing sects, but we haven't gotten a truly new and interesting way to get high since the 50s.
>>
>>18957817
>If you don't like my shitty political praxis you must be a literal white nationalist

nah I reject your tribalism, enjoy getting slaughtered with the rest of the lambs
>>
>>18957824
I actually didn't state anything about my beliefs, but I can tell you already know everything I was thinking. You must be a master scryer.

This is /omg/ if you're going to pontificate your socio-political views, kindly fuck off.
>>
File: Home_Brew_Ileke_2_05-01-17.jpg (59KB, 409x336px) Image search: [Google]
Home_Brew_Ileke_2_05-01-17.jpg
59KB, 409x336px
>>18957143
It took you that long?
I realized the second I saw the first typed word from her hand that she was useless.

I bet she doesn't know that you have to have so many knotches on your Belt to be a priestess.
Ask to see her belt, she'll probably pull out something from TJ Maxx and squeal "Made ya think!!"

Fuck, now I remember why Papa Z hates women - and why I love him so much.

Okay, second attempt at home brew Ileke Zarabanda in 3....2....1.....
Had one finished this afternoon- put it on - it immediately broke.
Which actually means that is a sign that the Spirit has removed a negative situation from your future.
I also got a shooting pain up my neck into my head as soon as the ileke broke.
So, I IMMEDIATELY went and laid down $25 more dollars on mirror beads and metallic spine beads in thanks.
I almost grabbed some shell spine beads, but decided against it.
>>
>>18957841
>It took you that long?
It just took me that long to say it.

>I also got a shooting pain up my neck into my head as soon as the ileke broke.
Please dont have a brain hemorrhage or something, go to a doctor to follow up on that.
>>
>>18957841
>I bet she doesn't know that you have to have so many knotches on your Belt to be a priestess.
Is it a thousand? I remember reading somewhere that Cleopatra had sex with a thousand men to become a high priestess of Aset.
>>
>>18957874
Oh no.... no no....
I have Cervical Sydrome in my neck - ie Degenerative Arthritis.
It's not gonna kill me.
It just means I get a head ache when a storm system is moving through.
Or, ya know.... when the Ilekes I'm wearing randomly break.
>>
>>18957878
>Is it a thousand? I remember reading somewhere that Cleopatra had sex with a thousand men to become a high priestess of Aset.

Not bad that's like a week's work
>>
File: Uncle_Gerald_1.jpg (20KB, 220x325px) Image search: [Google]
Uncle_Gerald_1.jpg
20KB, 220x325px
>>18957878
I'm not gonna validate her existence by telling the number here - or what tradition it's from.
But, if she were worth a damn she would already know and be able to call it out at the drop of a pin.
>>
>>18957891
>a week
IDK what kinda women you hang out with, but I would get tested if I were you.
>>
>>18957409
Honest curiosity? Sympathy for the approach or theme? Aesthetic allure? Epistemological loophole? Radical empirism? Religious-or-analogous feelings? Interest in the corresponding subculture (or appropriate social phenomena in whatever context)?

The topmost (or earlier, or simplest) argument in favor of doing the wizard antics seems to be "this is important, try it, record for yourself, don't go mad or at least not madder"
>>
>>18957933
>99% of the board is entirely anonymous
>/omg/ likes to use trips to communicate with regulars

The door is that way, enjoy yourself.
>>
>>18957892
I'm not a Wiccan, and I think Gerald Gardner was a bit of a quack. But, sorry for being such a loathsome human being.
>>
File: JuliusEvola.jpg (29KB, 221x298px) Image search: [Google]
JuliusEvola.jpg
29KB, 221x298px
Any information on starting with Based Evola?I have a basic understanding of Nietzsche, I have an extensive knowledge of ancient religions, mysticism and spirituality, I have a good understanding of his time during the Third Reich and Fascist Italy, should I dive in?
>>
>>18958017
I would take that as a no.
I don't think that's a particularly popular topic here.
It's pretty much viewed as a dead end street.
>>
>>18958017
Read revolt against the modern world
>>
>>18957930

Yes, yes, yes, maybe, no, yes, and no.

I have an honest religious/spiritual interest in the occult and in particular old deities and ritualism so I'm interested to engage in the tradition. (and maybe get something out of it)
>>
>>18958017
>>18958099
I stand corrected.
There's your hookup.
>>
File: E0S.jpg (17KB, 236x226px) Image search: [Google]
E0S.jpg
17KB, 236x226px
>>18958017

Off the top of my head:

Men Among the Ruins
Revolt Against the Modern World
Ride the Tiger
Doctrine of Awakening
>>
File: IMG_2686.jpg (3MB, 2840x1946px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2686.jpg
3MB, 2840x1946px
Friendly bump.
>>
File: hestia.png (108KB, 247x346px) Image search: [Google]
hestia.png
108KB, 247x346px
Peach spell for spreading positive energy:

Go to the supermarket on a Friday and buy the biggest most plump and fuzzy peach you can find.
Carry the peach around with you, showing it care and affection whenever you can.
When it becomes overripe, bury it under a crossroad. As the fruit decomposes, all the love it absorbed from you will spread throughout the earth.
>>
>>18958948
thx imma do that
>>
>>18958948
Oh. That's smart.
>>
>>18959084
before you go out and spend money on a peach, act like a total faggot with it, and then not even eat it, because a stranger told you it would spread love throughout the earth, just keep in mind, you could be doing fucking ANYTHING but that
>>
>>18959105
Okay Negative Nancy, you're the reason this peach spell even needs to be a thing.
>>
>>18958948
>>18959084
>>18959100
>>18959134
or, alternatively.
Grow a peach tree and actually contribute your time energy and love to the earth beyond some half-cocked "positive energy" spell, in a way that will actually positively effect the lives of more than earth worms.
>>
>>18958948
this is contrary to like, every principle of magic, whether that's sympathy, contagion, representation, similarity or correspondence.

You are advocating taking a symbol life, abundance and harvest, imbuing it with extra positive energy, then symbolically interring it at a place where it will rot and undergo the process of death, and then be scattered to the four winds, losing all potency.

The only thing this accomplishes is the ritualized burying and scattering of your own positive emotions and hope for harvest and abundance.

Why would you do this in this fashion?
>>
>>18959182

She's symbolically burying her heart to become a succubus.
>>
>>18959182
>You are advocating taking a symbol life, abundance and harvest, imbuing it with extra positive energy, then symbolically interring it at a place where it will rot and undergo the process of death, and then be scattered to the four winds, losing all potency.

Oh, good point.

Bury it under an olive tree then.
>>
>>18959182
Not that person, but it seems they are using my method of spreading chaos among people through rituals with connotations vadtly different from what the people believe.

Crossroads ritual combined with what you said. It's a negative spell altogether and they are the wolf in sheep clothing pretty much
>>
File: 1005.gif (684KB, 245x170px) Image search: [Google]
1005.gif
684KB, 245x170px
>>18959244
Here's an idea: before you write spells and disseminate them for use, how about you actually practice? Just a thought.

Looking at pictures of arranged rose quartz does not make you a qualified practitioner.

Even burying it under an olive tree its still a representational internment. At best, you are sacrificing your positive energy and personal happiness to encourage the mending of hostilities or anger. However this still contains unpleasant elements of sacrifice and death which arent really relevant to the spell unless you are recognizing your own failures in the process and letting them "die".

>>18959258
Had much luck with that "method"? Also, why?
>>
>>18959182
Don't forget though, that Hecate presides over crossroads. As the supernal mother who aids Demeter in her search for Persephone, you can be sure that the peach, swollen with life and abundance, is safe in her hands.
>>
File: pbshut.gif (57KB, 281x281px) Image search: [Google]
pbshut.gif
57KB, 281x281px
>>18959302
Here's an idea: How about you fuck off?

>Looking at pictures of arranged rose quartz does not make you a qualified practitioner.
You are a sexist prick.
>>
how do I talk to Jupiter? I want to know what the god of the Romans is up to
>>
desu farming is the most ancient and human form of magick
>>
>>18959338
Desu farming?
>>
>>18959308
Don't forget, that Hecate as a goddess of the underworld and consort to the dead would be more than happy to accept the rotting fruit as fitting sacrifice, and that Demeter and Persephone would probably have preferred you just plant a tree so that it could actually multiply and be fruitful instead of carry your dreams and hopes on rot.

>>18959314
>How about you fuck off?
Try pineapple instead, it tastes better than salty peaches. Or better yet, watermelon, it's pink.

>You are a sexist prick.
How is that in any way sexist? I don't even presume you're female.
>>
>>18959341
T B H
It's a filtered word, try it out! desu senpai
>>
>>18959348
>How is that in any way sexist?
You imagine she likes looking at pictures of crystals, particularly the emphatically feminine rose quartz. It kinda sounds like you're trying to frame her as a basic white bitch, and if you weren't trying to be sexist, then I gotta say that's a hell of a freudian slip.
>>
>>18959359
Well, I do love me some pink crystals. I'm guilty on that charge.

>>18959348
Well, it sounds like you just don't like me for personal reasons. Which is fine, I don't really care, but I would like you to stop derailing the thread with pointless drama.
>>
>>18959359
Im not 'imagining' anything, she literally stated it right up here:
>>18957092
Im not framing her as anything, I just said it doesnt qualify her to be a practitioner... but hey if by your definition those qualities would make her a "basic white bitch"... well...

protip: if you're going to accuse someone of something you might want to make sure they're not correct first, and that they're actually doing what you said they were.
>>
>>18957930

Well sounds like you've got it covered chap, go for it.
>>
>>18959373
>it sounds like you just don't like me for personal reasons
I used to not like you for personal reasons, when that was the case, I didn't say anything. Now I dislike you for entirely concrete reasons.
I dislike that you trivialize this into a fashion statement, I dislike that you trivialize the title of priestess, I dislike that you disseminate "spells" without any prior experience in using them. I dislike the disrespect that all of the above shows toward this subject and the people who study it.

The personal reasons I don't like you are not relevant to this discussion.
>>
>>18959408
whoooops meant to >>18958107
>>
Hi Ape, do You have antyhing on slavic god Perun in your folder? I looked, but I havent found anything
>>
>>18952790
What is this Ape's Library? I keep seeing references to it but no links. Google turns up nothing.
>>
>>18959642
Link is in every opening post of omg threads
>>
>>18959645
Oh I see. Yeah, sorry. It's the MEGA link. I usually just ignore those because mega kinda stinks.
>>
>>18959648
No problem, glad to help
>>
seeking redpill on magick/occultism
>>
>>18959314
>You are a sexist prick.
if you put your gender front and center, people might notice that generalities are generally true.
>>
Alright niggas, I intend on reading the kyballion. I don't have much experience with the occult, and I don't know if I want to get into it because most people I know irl into this stuff are absolute schizo tier retards that typically are into lizard conspiracies. Are there any acceptable occultists? People who act and function like relatively healthy human beings? Or will I just become another new schizo if I get into this stuff?
>>
>>18959911
Real occultist mostly look like normal people, just rich and happy. Dont confuse them with crazed sheep. If you want real power you will need to filter through a looot of bulshit, but it's fucking worth it, nothing is worth more. Kybalion is a good choice for a beginner, good luck.
>>
>>18959946
What makes Kybalion particularly good, considering that it isn't hermetic and that it's from the New Thought movement?
>>
>>18959946
>Kybalion is a good choice for a beginner, good luck.
No, no it's not.

>>18959911
>historical occultism
>lizard conspiracies
Pick one and only one.
>>
>>18953189
Masonic ritual takeover when
>>
>>18954470
>Damnit, Jim, I'm an occultist, not a psychiatrist.

Zozzle.

Also, too, that's kind of a problem.
>>
>>18960001
See:
>>18954470
>I cannot council you or prescribe medications (though I'd probably be better at it than some of these fuckin' docs I see)
>>
>>18959982
Its an overview look on occult philosophy usefull for getting the right perspestive before choosing the path of further education. Also the autor also thinks that most of new thought is bs, so i wouldnt generalize
>>
File: haah_waaw.jpg (54KB, 560x437px) Image search: [Google]
haah_waaw.jpg
54KB, 560x437px
>following the advice of the failed contrarian mages of /x/
>the same failed mages who couldn't do shit about the person who shitposted divination to hell and back
>the same failed mages who shittalk accomplished people that have several books published
>>
>>18960032
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>18960032
1) /div/ no longer exists, from what I can tell.
2) I'm published a published academic professional, I think I have a valid qualification to question the historicity of others, particularly if I can cite disconnects with purported tradition. Though really, publishing and qualification means little if you can just cough up the ethnohistorical breakdown, but it helps.
>>
>>18960045
>/div/ no longer exists, from what I can tell
It's true. It's dead. But diviners are still around - they might even lurk here ;^)
>>
>>18957108
^^^
Reminder.
>>
>>18959984
why is not a good choice?
>>
File: satanicwitch.jpg (29KB, 318x500px) Image search: [Google]
satanicwitch.jpg
29KB, 318x500px
>>18959416
>I dislike that you trivialize this into a fashion statement,
A proper sense of aesthetics is fundamental to the practice of witchcraft (see pic). In fact it could be argued that witchcraft, and perhaps all of occultism, can be boiled down to the theory and application of aesthetics. Yes, I'm a bit of a fashion victim, and perhaps a trend-hopper, but I can assure you that being fashionable and trendy is by new means a trivial pursuit. I could say I dislike you for trivializing fashion? Fashion IS magick.

>I dislike that you trivialize the title of priestess,
Some people earn the title of Priest or Priestess, while others are born into it. Would you say Gerald Gardner and Alex Sanders trivialized their titles because they weren't formally initiated?

>I dislike that you disseminate "spells" without any prior experience in using them.
I have ~20 years experience, but at this point I can see you really are just reaching for reasons to hate me. If you give me your area code, I can give you the phone number for a good therapist. Blesséd be!
>>
File: 1419965423075.png (27KB, 527x409px) Image search: [Google]
1419965423075.png
27KB, 527x409px
I would say something like ">falling for such weak bait," but, this is /x/.
>>
File: tumblr_obb8txBSyF1vwh2sto1_1280.jpg (40KB, 552x635px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_obb8txBSyF1vwh2sto1_1280.jpg
40KB, 552x635px
I know succubi/incubi are the go-to for spirits for sex, but are there any better alternatives for a long term relationship?
I'm looking for a tutor/fwb situation going on.
>>
File: 8275391_1452887872.4882.jpg (68KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
8275391_1452887872.4882.jpg
68KB, 800x533px
>>18960463
>are there any better alternatives for a long term relationship?
I don't know, have you tried dating a human?
>>
We're on page 6 now, so, new thread.

>>18960736
>>18960736
>>
>>18960045
whatever happened to /sum/?
>>
>>18960463
you remind me of that poster who wanted to summon a succubus for knowledge as if a sexual demon/parasite is going to know anything about magic or want to teach you -I mean what do you expect it to know, the karma sutra? Teach you how to please a man in 3 easy steps? Become a better dicksucker? What exactly do you expect?
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.