[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gods need prayers badly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

So /x/, I was lurking around in TVTropes and came around this concept:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GodsNeedPrayerBadly

Essentially it states that a superior/divine being in order to stay "above" everything and everyone else and in order to "sustain" his powers and his being needs to be constantly fed with "prayers", or attention.

This got me thinking, could it be that the concept of the gods that we know of, if they do exist, are based on this? When you pray to your god, doesn't matter your religion, you're acknowledging him. You're thinking of him as an effectively superior being, you're asking him for wishes, or advice. It's been a subject of research for quite some time now that the mind does hold some incredible quirks, and the concept of tulpas enforce this idea ever so slightly.

It is also common to say that "a person is dead only when he is forgotten by everyone", could this be the case? Say you were to get a person you want to make stronger, and have thousands if not millions praying to him at the same time, would it have an effect on him?
>>
>>18952553
This idea has been around for a long time.

The novel American Gods explores this concept rather interestingly where the Old Gods are replaced by Nouveau-Old Golds, and are fighting against the New Gods (i.e the Internet)
>>
It addition to it being used in American Gods, Supernatural uses a similar concept.

>>18952574
The tv series happens to be coming on tonight too.
>>
There are many inhabited worlds. Ours is corrupted by lucifer. Eventually good will overcome, but it will take generations. Admittance of purified souls to heaven adds to God's strength.

Prayer is used to speak to your ego and help you divine your religious philosophy further. It's useful in goal alignment. It is not required, Jesus lived his life in perpetual prayer, but it was not done openly. He just truly loved God.
>>
>>18952574
The book series The Elerium and The Talmuri by David Eddings also has gods that work on this principle.
>>
so would you say if you were to give a mere average human being and feed it with hundreds, if not thousands of "prayers" from other people, at the same time, would it have an effect on him? If not a tangible one, maybe a boost in his karma or something?
>>
>>18952553
so basically god is a tulpa created by mans imagination and if man quits thinking god exists then eventually god doesn't exist.
tl:dr - god is your imaginary friend
>>
>>18952553
[spoiler] bump [/spoiler]
>>
>>18953947
That would explain why 99% of the "sightings" of beings like the Holy Mary, Jesus Christ and others are from extreme believers. The kind that would pray 2-3 times a day, go to church every Sunday and attend every possible religious event. They are so fixated on the matter that they literally impose their god tulpa (althuogh briefly) and that boosts their confidence even more. it's kind of fascinating in fact.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.