[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spirits/Ghosts/Demons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

Spirits/Ghosts/Demons etc

Constructs of the imagination? Or genuine entities that exist external to the self?
>>
File: tmp_5899-chicken1-1945977718.jpg (456KB, 1301x918px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_5899-chicken1-1945977718.jpg
456KB, 1301x918px
Corn/Potatoes/Chicken etc.

Constructs of the imagination? Or genuine entities that exist external to the self?
>>
>>18952162
I can prove food exists, physically and externally, via reproducible experiments.

Can you do the same for spirits/ghosts?

No.

Are you equating a spirit to a cut of chicken?
>>
>>18952156
>Can you do the same for spirits/ghosts?

>No.
I'm not going to have a dialogue with you, if you tell me how I'm supposed to answer the questions you ask of me.
>>
>>18952186
Ok, answer how you please.

Are spirits constructs of the imagination, or genuine entities?
>>
>>18952191
Either option produces valid, self consistent word views.

Also, holding as a premise that corn, potatoes, and chicken are imaginary constructs produces a valid, self consistent world view as well--in this case called solipsism.
>>
>>18952162
Thats the most retarded attempt at an analogy I have ever seen.

Please show me all the evidence for ghosts then. Show me you holding a ghost in your hand. Show me all the recipes around the world that involve ghosts. fucking retard
>>
>>18952202
solipsism is theoretically airtight, but becomes a nightmare if you actually believe it or try to follow it through to it's natural conclusions

unless of course, you assume there are parts of you you have absolutely no control over.
>>
>>18952202
>Either option produces valid, self consistent word views
It isnt a consistent worldview when you believe in shit you have absolutely no reason to believe in. bs
>>
>>18952214
True. I said "self consistent." What you're describing is also called scientific reductionism.

We have a meme for that. Here you go. Thank you for the conversation.
>>
>>18952162
The difference between a potato and a spirit is one is one doesn't hide and disappear through it's own decisions.
>>
>>18952228
So what do you believe consciousness emerges from? What do you suppose it is?
>>
>>18952209
>>18952209
Check your tongue young man, or you're gonna lose some GBP.
>>
>>18952228
Your memes dont make it any less bullshit.
There is also nothing self-consistent about it, nor would that make a good rational world view
>>
>>18952228
Donald Duck is right though, Mickey is just too retarded to understand that complex things can have emergent properties.
>>
Sooo... consensus?
>>
>>18952233
Consciousness is the densest substance in every form of existence, everywhere. Vibrational energy through the material which consciousness is comprised of travels instantly. All motion is a result of consciousness emulating a slightly altered version of itself, by way of vibrational energy. It simply resonates a change everywhere simultaneously as if motion had occured. The actual change occurs in the blink of an eye.

Repeating this process, consciousness can appear to be in many places. Less than instantaneous vibrations can appear--to the consciousness which is emulating itself thusly--to resonate from one place to another over time. When focused upon intently, vibrational energy will always seem to change places instantaneously, and in a quantized fashion. Yet when viewed from a relaxed perspective, as if consciousness was in many places at once, vibrational energy can seem to flow like waves through a fluid, which is less dense than consciousness itself.

Reality at its core is 0 dimensional, a single point. All apparent dimensionality is the result of that point viewing itself from different geometric transformations. A vibration that occurs internally is physically indistinguishable from a vibration that occurs simultaneously from all possible sources externally. And this is no different from assigning causality to imagination versus perception.

If actually charted with vibrational coordinates, either world view will produce identical mathematical descriptions of the universe.

These are my personal beliefs. Whether you choose to follow my example or not is up to you.
>>
>>18952294
You dont what "dense", "substance", "vibration" and "energy" means
>>
Last bump
>>
>>18952294
nagato a cute
>>
>>18952209
The recipes probably aren't that hard to find but proof that the ghosts themselves exist is another task all together.
>>
>>18952213
Just because the universe is all a mental construct doesn't mean it's your mental construct.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.