[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Love Spells and the ethics behind using them.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

File: lovefool.jpg (44KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
lovefool.jpg
44KB, 1280x720px
So love spells are often said to have negative karma or consequences upon using them. I can see why in a lot of cases but are there cases where it's not as bad.

Like if used to turn someone into a mindless sex slave or even a willing one, it would obviously be wrong and lust driven.

But what about if used to get someone to love you that you may otherwise not have a chance with. A love spell that would bind both parties into a soulmate type relationship. The target's free will would only be targeted in whom they feel their love for but all other aspects of their life remain untouched. So it would effect part of their free will but not entirely.

Couldn't one argue that as long as you weren't a total stain of a person and were at all decent that it could be looked at like a blessing? Like how rare it is to find a partner and enter a relationship that is flawless.
>>
If you use love spells it will be less genuine, special, and meaningful. But hey it'll be easier.
>>
>>18951100
Well, easier is what I'm looking for. It's the one area in my life where I'd consider taking a short cut.

All my other desires can be achieved with hard work and effort that I'm willing to do. But what I want in regards to my love life can only be done in this way.
>>
>>18950955

Relationship won't be flawless because you aren't that compatible. If you were your interest would be mutual. They'll probably be less happy with you than they would someone they'd pick themselves and you'll end up finding the relationship meaningless. It's a shitty thing to do.

There is no moral argument for casting a love spell on someone. Many times the person under the spell ends up confused as to why they have such uncontrollable feeling for someone they don't even like. Both people in the relationship end up hurting one another and the relationship ends up toxic because surprise!- you're not compatible.

That being said, if you want to psychically rape some chick there's nothing anyone here could do to stop you. Just stop trying to get other people to validate your creepy, virgin fantasies.
>>
>>18951273
>can only be done in this way
literally not true and will never be true
>>
>>18951413
Well, yeah, not literally true but close enough.

>>18951346
>That being said, if you want to psychically rape some chick there's nothing anyone here could do to stop you. Just stop trying to get other people to validate your creepy, virgin fantasies.

That's not what I want at all. This has way more to do with the want for love than lust. I mean, lust is definitely part of it but I'm not going to force it. I lived my life well enough sating my needs single-handedly with the occasional sex here and there. It's not ideal, but I'm sure I'd manage.

If this was just about sex, I'd just hook up with a random at the bar or get a prostitute.
>>
Are there even any real love spells other than 'serious-wicca-rituals'?
>>
>>18952561
Same effect, bro. Basically you want to trick/ coerce someone into fucking you who otherwise wouldn't.

The fact that you want her to be in love with you at the same time just means you want to violate her emotional integrity as well as physical. Congrats.

No love spells aren't ethical. Yes they're basically rape.

Your rape fantasies aren't cute. They're gross.
>>
>>18952719

Love spells are in most magical traditions. You don't need to be wiccan to practice magic or do love spells.
>>
If you were wanting to draw a certain someone to you, if you were compatible and had a chance to be together to begin with, that would be different.

We can be compatible with a lot of people that we may never end up with for a variety of reasons. So the spell would just be moving things around in the universe to push you two together.

But if it's forced then like another anon said, it would be wrong and the relationship would be far from perfect.

I know this isn't /adv/ but the best suggestion is to get out more and get involved more. Quit expecting things to be brought to you if you aren't willing to make an effort to work for them.

>>18952930
>Your rape fantasies aren't cute. They're gross.

How far are you going with "rape" fantasies? Do you consider imaging having a night of sex with a woman you hardly know or a celebrity a "rape fantasy"? Cause if so then there are a lot of gross rapists out there (men and women alike).

And I don't think anyone was saying they were cute. Dude made a topic on the ethics of it, so I'd at least wager he's partially aware of the morality of what he's asking.
>>
>infringing on free will
Isn't that the biggest ethics red flag of them all?
And from an ethics standpoint the why (reason for doing it) or what (the thing that is being done) is generally irrelevant compared to the how (method for doing it). Killing people is killing people, but doing it in a painless quick manner is more ethical than hypnotizing or drugging them to go full lemming off a cliff, it doesn't matter that the former was an ethnic purification and the latter was mercy.
>>
>>18953247
Well that's the idea. For it to only work if she would have been into me if things were different. It's just influencing events to play out a sort of way.
>>
>>18950955
>Wiccan prayer
A word of advice: don't take magic advice from Wiccans.

>love spells are often said to have negative karma or consequences upon using them.\
Karma isn't real, first of all. The reason it's said to be wrong is because it interferes with free will.

>used to get someone to love you that you may otherwise not have a chance with
>A love spell that would bind both parties into a soulmate type relationship
These are two completely different things. I don't understand how you could consider a work to give you an opening even remotely equivalent to a binding work. This isn't even calling the question of free will into play.

>The target's free will would only be targeted in whom they feel their love for but all other aspects of their life remain untouched. So it would effect part of their free will but not entirely.
The entire question is of whether or not you are affecting free will. You are clearly admitting that this affects free will. How do you argue that it is, but not really?

>Couldn't one argue that as long as you weren't a total stain of a person and were at all decent that it could be looked at like a blessing?
You could argue absolutely anything. It doesn't mean you're not full of shit, even if you argue flawlessly. A blessing is subjective, so you have to have a whole conversation about whether or not it is truly beneficial, assigning qualitative means of measurement to individual and collective aspects beforehand in order to make you less full of shit.

>how rare it is to find a partner and enter a relationship that is flawless
No relationship is flawless, grow up.

Here's what I gather from you: You want to do something that is against your personal ethical code, and you're looking for people to agree with you that it is acceptable. I'm not here to argue ethics, because the mechanics of magic don't have an ethical code, but I would like to note that you're essentially bullshitting yourself and asking us to agree with you.
>>
Don't use love spells you idiot.
>>
>>18952930
This.
Same goes for women.
Don't do fucking love spells you creepy
fucking fucks.

It's the same as when a group of people say nice things about a person to convince the person they're saying the stuff to that they should date.

Don't do that.

It's 2017 anyways just tell dudes you like them. You're the men now ladies.
>>
>>18953425
How the fuck do you believe mathematics to be comparable to magic? One is concrete science and the other abolished with logic; emotion is something individuals define through personal accounts they call sickness when observed through formulas!
>>
>>18950955
Personally love spells meant to attract a certain type of person to you, I feel are totally fair game. Spells that bind a specific person to you I believe fall in the other side of the tracks.

All in all it is better to self actualize and grow into a loved person, rather than enchant someone to love you. Better for the love and better for the psyche.
>>
>>18952719
Wicca is the laughing stock of the magical community, so yes there is no need to practice neo-paganism
>>
>>18954276
Mathematics and magic have held hands for as long as both have existed. Numerology sparked both arithmetic and algebra. Theoretical physics has crowning theories delivered to physicists in trance and in dreams. Research before you speak.
>>
It's wrong. If it doesn't happen, it wasn't meant to be. Sounds like someone on a huge ego trip trying to justify a bad thing.
>>
>>18954298
Numerology is assigning infinite factors to mortality, your belief seems focused on engineering so perhaps the thought what you describe is subjective dimishes the reality of said subject?
>>
>>18954962
C A L I
A
L
I
>>
>>18954965
Unfortunately not. Bumfuck Oklahoma
>>
>>18954969
I don't know if I'd be into something like that. E-mail me if you want to talk [email protected].
>>
Not OP but I don't give a single fuck for the consequences. I've been autodestructive for long enough. Sleep depravaion, hard drinking, driving like a mad man provoking accidents - you name it. Could someone guide me to find any magical way to enhance feelings of a person? I can't stand that the woman I was going to marry left me without a word. She gave me a vague explanation after six months and told me that she's with someone. Soon it will be a year. And I still have nights when I cry like a little fag.So yeah. It fucked me up. I willl literally try anything to be with her. There is no way that she just felt that what we had build for six years is worth nothing in a heartbeat.
>>
Love is a pretty broad concept. What do you mean when you're talking about love?

Do you want this person to kiss you, fuck you and enjoy being with you? You can make that happen with a love spell. There are no ethical concerns beyond the ones you raise yourself.

There are only concerns for your sanity. It will be hard to receive such love, feel worthy of it and make a good thing out of it. The risk of disappointing yourself and hurting yourself is very high. The rewards are very short term.
>>
>>18957138
>There are only concerns for your sanity. It will be hard to receive such love, feel worthy of it and make a good thing out of it. The risk of disappointing yourself and hurting yourself is very high. The rewards are very short term.

I think I could balance that with giving love in return. To do things that make me worthy of that love. Not because I'd feel obliged to but because I'd want to.

I want someone to give/show my love to just as much as I want loved.

I'm willing to put in the effort once she loves me. It's just getting to that point that is the hard part.
>>
Just stop debating and give me some love spells already fuck
>>
Is using a love spell that much worse than other any other kind of emotional manipulation to keep someone with you?
>>
Love spells are horrible and you should feel bad for using them. Why not cast a spell that would amplify your own desirable traits, like your intelligence and your conversation skills? If you think screwing with somebody's cognitive ability to make decisions for themselves will make for a good relationship, I feel sorry for you, and you're bound to reap what you sow in the end.
>>
>>18957426
Those are both pretty terrible things, and I don't hear a single happy couple who attributes their success to the emotional manipulation.
>>
OP, why ask us if you're just going to do it anyway?
There's a million love spells, charms, rituals, talismans, potions etc out there. Just pick one so you can have your poor thrall of a girlfriend. You don't sound like the loving type, so this is probably your best shot. Good luck to you.
>>
>>18957461
Assumptions. But yeah, I already kind of have my mind made up on my feeling for it but wanted to get a conversation going and see other people's thoughts.
>>
>>18957548
What kind of spell are you up to OP?
>>
>>18957561
Don't have a certain one in mind. I seen a binding one posted on here not too long ago involving a candle and a needle but it seemed like it would drive the target insane.

Not so much a spell, but I did use a sigil and charge it every night while meditating and pray to Venus.
>>
>>18957590

wtf does charging a sigil mean?
>>
Maybe stop treating women's minds and hearts like playthings, and one will actually consent to dating you.
Every word out of you gives off some pretty mad creep vibes.
>>
File: lv.jpg (27KB, 685x119px) Image search: [Google]
lv.jpg
27KB, 685x119px
>>18957590
Pic related is the spell I was referring to. Would be open to any other suggestions on here as well.
>>
>>18957601
Let's just say, his future thrall won't be too flattered when she hears about it.
>>
>>18957605
Hahaha, how about any one of the hundreds that don't involve writhing in agony.
Seriously, you shouldn't be allowed near women.
>>
>>18957601
Like putting your focus and desires into it while meditating. At least that's my understanding of it. I could be doing it wrong.

>>18957602
I'm pretty socially retarded, so that's likely where the creep factor comes in. I do just fine once I know the person well enough, so dating someone I went to school with or work with is not really a problem. But it does screw up meeting anyone new.

I'm also looking for specific characteristics and type and it seems easier to do a spell to draw in the person I know that has those characteristics than to hope there is someone else that meets those.
>>
>>18957623
That's the very one that I said I didn't use for those reasons. I'm up to be critiqued but at least read the full thread before doing so.
>>
>>18957605
I'll try this one out, thanks OP!
>>
>>18957643
What traits are you looking for?
>>
>>18950955
you fucking betas have become so weak as to use magic for a meaningless relation ship with the vaginal jew?
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.