[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Antarctica

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

File: 510px-Lake_Fryxell.jpg (52KB, 510x354px) Image search: [Google]
510px-Lake_Fryxell.jpg
52KB, 510x354px
What does one have to do to be able to visit? I want to explore the place
>>
you can book a cruise. If you really want to explore you'll need a lot of money and more than a year of planning and getting papers ect.
>>
>>18950464
>If you really want to explore you'll need a lot of money and more than a year of planning and getting papers ect.
That's not fair
>>
>>18950453
You could get a job there.
get paid to visit/live in Antarctica
>>
>>18950466
You have no clue just how fucking dangerous Antarctica is.
>>
>>18950453
you're on the wrong board

>>>/trv/
>>
Buy yourself a heavy jacket, a fucking rowboat, and go there, you cunt.
>>
>>18950453
Enlist in th chilean military, it's the easiest assignment to ask for.
>>
>>18950791
I live in Canada I'm more than ready for Antarctica
>>
>>18950880
Baffin Island? There's a reason there's never been self-sustaining human settlements in the highest latitudes. I recommend reading about older Antarctic expeditions, because before modern tech and supply chains it was brutal. I assume you don't have a team of experienced explorers, hunters, seamen, and assloads of supplies. You also only have a few months per year of exploring time before you're basically sheltered in place for the winter (something not even modern technology has solved, to travel in winter), even then you're subject to random storms.

Good luck, leaf.

>>18950818
The southerlies and pack ice will wreck his shit before he gets there.
>>
File: weridshit.png (408KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
weridshit.png
408KB, 900x600px
Do it OP, i want to know what this actually is so fuckin bad
>>
>>18950937
He never mentioned anything about leaving the fucking place after visiting it.
>>
File: 4644.jpg (70KB, 248x252px) Image search: [Google]
4644.jpg
70KB, 248x252px
>>18950968
>a hole
>>
>>18950975
And the metal cover? yeah its just a regular hole, nothing to see here guys...
>>
>>18950937
Would they let me go by myself. With modern tech I'm sure I'll do fine if I prepare
>>
>>18951049
Don't trust more in modern equipment than you do in your own capacity.

>seriously ice don't forgive.
>>
>>18950453
Why would you waste so much money and risk death to visit a giant glacier? There's nothing worthwhile there you moron.
>>
>>18951049
Just go to the north pole.
>>
>>18951056
Is it really that bad?
>>
>>18951049
If you're going by yourself then you'll die, even if your some SAS fag. You'll need literal tonnes of supplies. Satellite comms. Legally, I don't know if it's allowed to go by yourself, there's very strict environmental protections and I'm sure no govt wants to spend money to save your dumb ass. There was a couple who overwintered in a cheap tiny shack as a proof of concept of sorts, might look into their story. His wife went insane.

There are no plants (in b4 lichens), the only edible things are seals, whales, penguins, and fish. It is a desert, temps go down to 170F, nothing but ice and rock, kattabatic winds, surprise crevasses. No wood to burn ofc but blubber. So basically you need to haul in everything you'll need for months.

I suppose you could do a trial run in northern Canada's wastelands, at least you're not a dangerous ocean away from everything and can cry to RCMP if you get rekt. I think Antarctica is beautiful and mesmerising, but it's vicious and unforgiving to most living things. Just read a lot about expeditions and such, you'll see what I mean.
>>
>>18951165
Well I guess I'll try to find a group but I really don't want to go as a tourist
>>
Imagine being so cold that your teeth crack.
>>
The Amundsen-Scott Science Station needs more people than just scientists to make it run. Apply to work there as support staff.
>>
>>18951060
Ancient ruins that the are under the ice are there. The ice shelves that are moving and breaking off are uncovering them. This is why there is a total ban on going there for civilians.
>>
>>18951217
Bullshit
>>
>>18951211
I don't think it works like that. They won't accept just accept anyone applying
>>
>>18951224
>>
>>18951244
That's a nice LARP
>>
>>18951228
https://www.leidos.com/antarctic-support-contract
>>
>>18951047

I buy into all of the Antarctica UFO / inner earth stuff, but how did you or anybody else determine a metal cover from that google earth pic?

>>18951262

With all the recent interest of that picture of a hole has there been any talk of an expedition to the site?
>>
>>18950453
Some of my professors went there, the air travel from Ushuaia or Rio Gallegos wasn't too long, but the landing could not be possible sometimes, you can go as a tourist or working for a base. But a whole year there is too much for me.
>>
>>18950453
>What does one have to do to be able to visit?
Get a very, very, very warm jacket and plenty, plenty, plenty of vodka.
>>
>>18951255
Why don't you just call it acting?
>>
>>18951047
>metal cover

What makes you think it's metal?
>>
File: weirdshit2.jpg (64KB, 739x692px) Image search: [Google]
weirdshit2.jpg
64KB, 739x692px
>>18951473
It may not be metal however there are no other materials in the area that visually compare at all to the shade and texture portrayed in the picture. This second cave is pretty close to the first one without the weird cover
>>
>>18951581
looks like ice, and textures and light can be inacurate in satellite pics sometimes, the UFO cave claim is based on other pics, like something taken on the ground?
>>
>>18951581
So when you claim it's a metal cover you're just pulling it out of your ass. Even though that second photo has dark glossy ice all around it.
>>
>>18951618
The second pic is nothing but ice and rock around the entrance I agree but again nothing around that region on google earth comes close to comparing visually to the cover on the first picture. If you truly believe it is ice go find another location with a similar visual distortion and prove me wrong. Nobody will know what it actually is until somebody actually goes to investigate.
>>
>>18950453
Get a degree in thermodynamics and get paid to study how greenhouse gasses are affecting the climate there. E Z.
>>
>>18951049
fuck no they are going to kill the fuck out of you
>>
>>18951868
Who? anyone can go there in payed tours or different countries bases
>>
>>18951881
they don't let people go alone exploring
>>
>>18951890
>>18951890
who exactly? lots of people go really close in the Drake passage, but going south than that in a small ship with limited supplies is suicide.
>>
>>18951868
could you tune it down on the cussing please
>>
File: fe.jpg (56KB, 736x711px) Image search: [Google]
fe.jpg
56KB, 736x711px
>>18951165
>Legally, I don't know if it's allowed to go by yourself, there's very strict environmental protections and I'm sure no govt wants to spend money to save your dumb ass.
That's an elaborate way of saying "they won't let you see what's behind the wall of ice".
>>
>>18950453
Argie here. If you live in a country that has a chunk of it, check if they're looking for people for their expeditions. I knew somebody who had spent 6 months there, he wasn't technically skilled but he just helped with the equipment and stuff, and he got it after applying during an open call.
>>
>>18950453

I tried to look up some options a while ago too. It's pretty ridiculous, you have to PAY people to let you WORK there, while risking your ass. I guess your only options are becoming a millionaire and hiring your own ship and a merc army to protect you. The folks there don't want others around.
>>
>>18951911
faggot
>>
>>18951900
There are things (((they))) dont want you to see and find out. If you try to find out about secrets like these cave entrances you will have a bad time.. Goverments, high political figures they all know and protect the hidden secrets there. Correct me if im wrong guys but didnt John Kerry visit antarcticas military base one day after the election last year? Sounds a bit fishy to me.. Every once in a while there are antarctica threads on /pol/, these threads are mostly really really good imo but shillmods keep deleteting them ofc.
Also im gonna dump two Archive links which could be relevant.

https://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/82332025/
https://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/82350883/
>>
>>18951900
>>18952005
Eh, i forgot, theres also this guy..
http://projectcamelotportal.com/wp-content/uploads/files/PDF/NewBerlinII_Our_Theories__english_translation_.pdf
Could be LARPing ofc but who would make such an effort to just pretend..
>>
>>18951049
Lol
>>
>>18951900
enjoy getting shot senpai remember this post when you are bleeding out
>>
>>18951244
good reading, more?
>>
>>18951217
There is no ban for civvies.
>>18951165
This. Antarctica is the 9th layer of hell. You will freeze, there is no liquid water inland, and caverns and sinkholes will take your life. During the Summer you have to watch out for sunburn as well.
>>18951066
This too, it's considerably easier.
>>18950880
Not even close to the same. Future manned Mars missions will train in Antarctica. That's like me saying I live close to a river I can handle a hurricane.
>>18950464
>papers
You don't really need those. Antarctica isn't militarized beyond a scant few stations, and there isn't any border patrol.
>>
Why don't they just melt it?
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.