[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Limits of Human Thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 14

File: madmans-knowledge.png (372KB, 937x339px) Image search: [Google]
madmans-knowledge.png
372KB, 937x339px
Does /x/ think that it is possible to understand the esoteric insights hidden from the masses with a normal (conditioned, socially acceptable) train of thought?

Just like with mathematics (Godel's Incompletness Theorems), it seems there might be a limit we place on ourselves when we take up the arms of logic, reason and critical thinking. Barring us from making any real breakthroughs.

There are even famous intellectuals who go mad: John Nash, Nietszche (prolly cuz o' syphilis), etc. etc. etc. etc.

What are your thoughts?
>>
its very posssible, check your privileges and debunk your biggest fears and find a reason for everything because there is no accidents that goes for death and everything aka gain insight understanding
>>
>>18949514
the whole fucking bible is esoteric as hell or paranormal and this place men, i like very much how they portrai micolash and the serpent logos , the whole micolash character is about all of this and its very true and i almost achieved this with reason ahhhhg
>>
>>18949514
Science is just like religion in the sense that we're using our limited knowledge to explain the things around us. We don't know the truth and we might not be capable of knowing the truth. The truth might be so elementary that we look over it.
>>
>>18949535
ive found that approach works when you go after the stuff most people won't touch with a stick (dimensions of consciousness, multiple worlds interpretation, universe as a simulation leftover from cosmic radiation, etc.)

but when it comes to basic social problems like racism, sexism, poverty, etc. i feel that the majority are the BIGGEST OBSTACLE preventing us from making human breakthroughs (even though these issues were SOLVED and DEALT with through philosophy, moral, and ethics but never fully implemented in mainstream media/propaganda)
>>
File: fuckthepope.gif (2MB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
fuckthepope.gif
2MB, 360x240px
like how the fuck do the people let this guy (the pope in my pic) exist?
>>
>>18949548
i just get the feeling that the pythagorean elite have access to a higher level of understanding and that 'public science' is heavily controlled and monitored
>>
Ahh...
>>
>>18949544
would love to hear your take on micolash lore, and the serpent logos (i actually don't know anything about this)

talking about reality depresses me

feel free to jump in with any bloodborne lore, anon, as it pertains to the limits of human understanding
>>
MAJESTIC!
>>
>>18949514
>Godel's Incompletness Theorems
You clearly don't understand what this theorem is about, please don't use it as a metaphor.
>>
>>18949619
correct me if im wrong in my understanding, the incompleteness theorems shows that because of how we constructed our mathematics leads to insolvable mathematical problems using the current accepted mathematical assumptions (a priori)
>>
Aah Kos or some say Kosm
>>
Before anybody starts anything, it's Kos, not Kosm.
>>
The cosmos, of course!
>>
>>18949633
>>18949630
>>
>>18949633
>kosfags ruin another thread
>>
>>18949619
OP here, this was me:
>>18949625

did i pass your test?
>>
>>18949640
summed up, the incompleteness theorems implies that our mathematics, even at a basic arithmetical level, is INCOMPLETE
>>
>>
File: yell.jpg (284KB, 2048x1153px) Image search: [Google]
yell.jpg
284KB, 2048x1153px
Men cannot know what's beyond the limits of their sensors.

Biological or technological, it can't know what lies in the unexplored areas.

What's inside every person's brain it's still the knowledge of only that person, everything else are second hand asumptions.
>>
>>18949667
universes all the way up/down, each with their own locality/infinity?
>>
awoo~
>>
>>18949564
They definitely have access to knowledge we don't. Many great thinkers we learn about were also very much into alchemy and mysticism, but we never learn about that because the elites want that knowledge for themselves.
>>
>>18949736
shits depressing fampai
>>
File: crestfallen-keanu.jpg (159KB, 1200x673px) Image search: [Google]
crestfallen-keanu.jpg
159KB, 1200x673px
maybe ignorance is bliss
>>
File: King_Vendrick.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
King_Vendrick.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
or do we continue to 'seek adversity'?
>>
File: accursedbeast.jpg (66KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
accursedbeast.jpg
66KB, 640x480px
if we do seek adversity,
we must fear our own bloodlust lest we all become beasts
>>
File: emptythrones.jpg (41KB, 687x900px) Image search: [Google]
emptythrones.jpg
41KB, 687x900px
and fail to fulfill our duty,
and return to our thrones
>>
File: The_Old_One.png (596KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
The_Old_One.png
596KB, 1024x640px
to lull the rage of the great old one
back into his eternal peaceful slumber,
until even time may die
>>
Soulsfags begone
>>
>>18949949
/thread
>>
File: COWER BEFORE ME MORTALS.jpg (44KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
COWER BEFORE ME MORTALS.jpg
44KB, 720x960px
the human mind is a physical object, has definable physical limits and one day the human limit of processing power will be worked out
by this logic there are some things that will be too much for the human brain to comprehend especially when dealing with multidimensional theories
>>
>>18949978
getting a necronomicon vibe from that <3
>>
There are actual esoteric practices specifically for increasing your intelligence&mental capacity but all anyone fucking cares about is summoning demons and opening their root chakra.
>>
>>18949978
Word on the street is that human minds don't have limits....
>>
File: sudo.jpg (47KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
sudo.jpg
47KB, 700x700px
>>18950645
heard this helps unlock root
>>
>>18949514
According to Gurdjieff, there is an emotional center and a thinking center in us, but also a higher emotional and a higher thinking center. However, throughout most of our lives, we only use the normal emotional center and normal thinking center and, even more than those, the physical center (our body).

Again, according to Gurdjieff, we can only access higher truths by first connecting with the higher emotional center; by doing that, we can further on go on to the higher thinking center from that, but first we must connect to the higher emotional center, which we can only do from the emotional center. So a certain emotional work is necessary to understand higher truths.

Gurdjieff also says somewhere else, in a passage ostensibly unrelated to this, that emotions can be used to connect to the great reserve-accumulator of energy we have in us but never use, and that emotions can be used to "understand things we cannot understand" --- to know more than we know, or, in simpler words, to know things we've never learned of and have no rational way of knowing.
>>
>>18949564
What makes them Pythagorean
>>
>>18949514
Breakthroughs are rarely derived from normal train of thought or socially accepted.

>>18949548
Science is knowledge gained though the scientific method. If it is not testable and repeatable, it is not science.
>>
>>18950645
What are some besides yoga, and meditation?
>>
>>18950702
You are not in the sudoers file. This incedent will be reported.
>>
>>18949596
beasts all over the shop
>>
>>18949625
More precisely, the theorem proves that any system of sufficient strength (such as algebra or modal logic) must be either incomplete or inconsistent.

Incompleteness would mean that there are some truths that are not provable within the system, but the system is sound.

Inconsistency would mean that the system can be used to derive a contradiction, and the system is no good.

Godel did not prove which of these categories mathematics is in, though most agree that it is probably incomplete (which is why they call it the incompleteness theorem).
>>
File: Aghori18.jpg (47KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Aghori18.jpg
47KB, 480x360px
>>18949514
I know the answer is no. It is considered psychotic to witness reality outside traditional conditioning. Its why you can't talk about it cause you will be labeled psychotic and forced to take drugs that destroy you consciousness. Its why I come here and drop bombs of truth; I never mention the deep shit I say on the internet IRL. Gotta hide your power level.

True. Western psychology and philosophy worship rationality and conceptuality as their god. Reality goes deeper and they looked into it in the East. The West never went past conceptuality so they dont know about the energetic aspect of existence.

You do experience madness halfway to enlightenment. To experience enlightenment you have to transcend conditioned consciousness, dreaming and unconsciousness. When you merge conditioned consciousness with dreaming what do you think happens?

^
>>
>>18951119
>what makes them pythagorean?
i have a hunch that at some point in our modern history (alexandria, pythagora's period) most hidden knowledge was public access, with some privilege necessary ofc. and that in our recorded history pythagorean elites or branches thereof seem to be the most prominent in guarding knowledge.

i don't know if pythagoras himself held the belief that we should keep the masses ignorant, but i do know he was a wealthy merchant and understood the importance of 'timing'. something most intellectuals didnt have much concern or regard for, which left them penniless. it would be a happy merging for the academics and know-nothing con-men, i mean merchants.

>>18951613
apply GENTLY ;)

>>>18951684
thank you for clarifying. i just have an abstract understanding of it and am not a real student of math. i do remember hearing some academic mentioning the unreasonable effectiveness of mathematics at explaining our physical universe.

i always saw the incompleteness theorem as like describing a sword and spear. they each have different functions and fail to work in certain situations. it is a shame math is taught in such a boring way to students from an early age. then again, a 6 year old may not understand number theory right away
>>
File: musicbox.jpg (38KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
musicbox.jpg
38KB, 500x500px
>>18951668
>beasts all over the shop, you'll become one of them too sooner or later.
oh shi-, papa guac
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.