[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not Roleplaying - Making a short documentary

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

File: 5.png (546KB, 1103x873px) Image search: [Google]
5.png
546KB, 1103x873px
So I got accused of roleplaying last time, but this time around I'll give more details;

>Read a book, "Parapsychology Behind the Iron Curtain," written in the 1970s
>Book details Pavlita, who made devices that could alter magnetic states of organic material and diamagnetic metals
>Found the very elderly researcher who did a study in Hungary (Pavlita was Czech)
>Called him, the researcher wants to meet and do an interview

He tells me that he has footage, photographs and even possibly one of Pavlita's devices. He used to work for the nuclear energy research group in Hungary and got a scholarship from the IAEA, but tells me, "I was fired for my heretical views on cold fusion."

I ask if he thinks Pavlita's devices could have been used for weapons, and if the reports of him killing flies were true, and he tells me of one experiment never mentioned in the book.

>He would cut the head off a fly with a razor
>In all controls, the fly dies within a minute
>When placed in an "activation device," the fly's legs continued to move for over a day, and there were precautions taken to rule out electrostatic charge

I plan on documenting lost tapes from his research for the first time on the internet, and interviewing him sometime in September or October.
>>
File: 2.png (311KB, 1077x865px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
311KB, 1077x865px
To be more specific about the devices we're talking about;

>Pavlita was a Czechoslovakian inventor, making revenue from his patent on a new textile process
>Decided to pursue his hobby of metalworking
>He was also interested in Czech history and spirituality, and noticed some of his replicas of alchemical equipment had curious properties
>Through trial-and-error, he made "Pavlita Activation Devices," or PADs
>Through intense concentration on these devices, you could magnetize copper, plastics, different metals, kill flies, make silt settle to the bottom of water, etc
>He held that this was possible for anyone, although he took the secret of their activation to the grave
>>
Is this it?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JpUj-Gb6uls
>>
File: 8.png (212KB, 589x485px) Image search: [Google]
8.png
212KB, 589x485px
>>18949242
This is the only video I've seen with Pavlita in it, but it wasn't put out by the Hungarian researcher. Zdenek in the video would've been interesting to talk to as well, because he founded the Psychotronic Research group after working with Pavlita. The problem is that a lot of these groups aren't in English, and researching parapsychology is seen as heresy. The way the Hungarian (you can find him online, so I'm not giving his name yet) explained to me that, "Para was seen at the as a bourgeois field, and if there were any indication that you were interested, the same day your career is finished."

He worked at Brookhaven for over a year in the US, and studied energy transmission in nuclear accidents, and psi sort of stemmed from his fascination with anomalies.
>>
>>18949176
>Parapsychology Behind the Iron Curtain

bumping
>>
>>18949176
Anon, this is mighty interesting subject, please, if you dont see many replies at first , dont discourage , x is a very slow board.

Into keeping this subject alive, do you believe this devices can be replicated ?
>>
>>18951799
That's the big question, Anon!

I asked the scientist who studied Pavlita on the phone the same thing, because I'm in the UK for mechanics and have friends in metallurgy who might be able to help. He said the devices can be replicated, but Pavlita was the only one who really knew how to charge them. Plus, charging was hit-or-miss. Pavlita was an elderly man, and the trip from Czechoslovakia to Hungary would leave him too drained to charge them some times.

One thing that does sound promising is that the book said there was a team of researchers who made a short film, and some of them tried to replicate a device to irradiate seeds. (Probably here) >>18949242
The book said that there was some success, but not nearly as much as the experiment, because Pavlita took the secret of charging to the grave, and because the metals were different.
>>
On the phone I asked the researcher if he thought these devices could be used for practical applications, medicine or weapons. He said he didn't think so, because the charging method wasn't well understood and the effect was too small.

I did bring up that the discovery of electricity was by amber attracting hairs when it was rubbed on cotton or fur. People back then thought it was a strange form of magnetism, like the researchers thought with Pavlita. Everything starts little, but who knows if this could be harnessed and amplified some day.
>>
>>18952943
Try the two methods that are known to work, supercooling and Tesla coils.
>>
>>18953219
Supercooling is a good idea, actually. Most of the scientists who worked with Pavlita said that they believe there's some form of energy at work that isn't RF or electrical, so Tesla coils I think wouldn't do much.

A possibility might also be amphetamines, or anything that makes your mind hyperfocus, because even though Pavlita said that he found almost 40 centers on the body where this energy comes from, most of the devices utilize mental concentration. There were some interesting results with uppers and Kirlian photography back when that was a mainstream research topic, before pseudoscience ruined it.

Mostly my goal is to document his research, publish photos and notes on the designs, and make the videos public again. From there people might be able to replicate them and experiment with charging methods themselves.
>>
>>18953267

you're doing God's work anon
>>
So what exactly would this device/process do and what can I do to help? Mind you this isn't my field of study but I might be able to research articles and what not that may be related.
>>
>>18953267
Did you researched into Reich Orgone energy experiments?, he even made one with Einstein, as a publicity stunt, Albert wasn't that kind of scientist.
>>
File: 1491863902246.jpg (113KB, 882x731px) Image search: [Google]
1491863902246.jpg
113KB, 882x731px
>>18953267
Seems interesting. If you find results, I'd be careful about posting them, or having the data on a computer.
Maybe there's a good reason that he took the info to the grave, if he did.
>>
>>18953384
The DoD researched his ideas supposedly, there's a document number somewhere online but I haven't found anything published. Also the KGB was harassing him and his family. Even the Hungarian researcher I'm talking to says that parapsychology was seen as bourgeois; Everything we need to know is already known, we just need to further elaborate on it, was the belief at the time.

>>18953366
I've heard of them and they're actually pretty interesting, but I figure I want to keep these two separate when I make an interview. Reich and Rife and all those guys may have been onto something, but their name has been dragged through the mud so much that it would be like bringing up pyramid power or sigils in a research paper - won't fly over well.
>>
>>18953399
You are already in muddy ground, you may as well look for one easy to replicate experiment.
>>
>>18953361
The devices are usually small (see the video earlier ITT), and the scientists said there were actual size constraints, like they wouldn't be effective over the size of a small stack of books.

They would act basically like capacitors for some form of biological energy that was't electricity or magnetism, but something completely different, which most researchers believe came from the mind.

The energy was stored for a short time (a few days, usually) and there were holes in these devices which could be used to put samples of material like plastic or glass in. Other devices could be placed near objects and the energy would transfer, like the water pollution that was precipitated in that video.

Pavlita may have exaggerated some claims but there were very real findings. Here's one of the few actual papers I can find.

http://www.rexresearch.com/egely/egely.pdf
>>
>>18953402
I might, but Orgone experiments are a lot like pyramid power

>pyramid power shows some weird results
>experiments should be continued to see
>main researcher breaks off the team and markets it, turns it into a fad

Same happened when people ground up metal and mixed it with plastic, adding it to resin to make Orgonite. The ironic thing is that in all his books, Reich says that aluminum makes deadly Orgon, and cheap plastics (the kind used in the resin) do the same. Plus they aren't layered, so even if the """new""" Orgonite actually DID do something, it would be the opposite of what was hoped for.

I would be interested in making a cloudbuster in my personal time though, just for shits and giggles.
>>
>>18953267
>there's some form of energy at work that isn't RF or electrical...

Kahuda's mentions. But don't take that shit too seriously...
>>
>>18953557
See, this is why I make threads here! I had no idea about Kahuda, but thanks for pointing me to him. It's amazing how close Psychotronics came to being an actual mainstream field of science. You had the director of education for the country working on it.

It is interesting to see that there's a society for it which still exists, I'll have to email them. The fact that his lab was up for decades suggests that there must have been some results.
>>
>>18953725
>It's amazing how close Psychotronics came to being an actual mainstream field of science....
>You had the director of education for the country working on it...

...while the others were dying in prison (e.g. Franz Bardon) or were being persecuted (e.g. Milan Nakonecny) by the regime.
What Nazis had started (e.g. Jan Kefer), Commies selectively finished or punished.

Yeah, funny times.
>>
>>18954132
>Bardon refused to participate in Nazi mysticism so he was thrown in a concentration camp
That alone convinces me that he knew there was power to his topic and it wasn't quackery. Why specifically was he imprisoned? His wiki page doesn't say.
And Nokonecny is interesting because he was banned in the Normalization, I've heard of this.

Although Jan Kefer seems to have been anti-Nazi, performing rituals to kill Hitler....

>there was possibly a shadow government in Czechoslovakia which was propped up by psychotronics, and when their power became too great the communists snuffed them out
>>
>>18949208
>alchemical equipments
You don't need different tools than any blacksmith for any alchemical work.
All this smells like quackery but it could certainly be an interesting documentary.
>>
>>18954294
I thought so, too. Most of his equipment didn't look like alchemical tools, but he thought there was something special about the shapes of more exotic tools he saw along the Golden Lane in Prague, a historic area for alchemists.

Most of his tools you can see in the video looked like they were designed for a specific purpose and not like alchemy, but the book did say he described some sort of power from the Ankh and possibly cross, bust because it was a symbol spread across so many cultures.
>>
>>18949176
So, OP, what are your personal thoughts on pschotronic energy? Pavlita thought it was generated by the brain and emitted through the eyes, but I'm not sold on that perspective. I think it's generated in the gut as a by-product of the metabolic process and flows through the body, but can be directed with focus.
>>
>>18954233
>That alone convinces me that he knew there was power to his topic and it wasn't quackery.
There are many reasons why he did it and you choose one that fits your point of view. Well...

>Why specifically was he imprisoned?
Officially it was because of his illicit manufacture of alcohol (inc. not paying taxes for that), which he used in his herbal extracts.
Supposedly because of his results. Which ofc were contradictory to Marxist–Leninist view. Add some cash and gifts from those he supposedly healed aaaand he's gone.
>>
Will post after work, bumping to keep thread alive
>>
>>18953456
Do a minimal reading into Reich life and you'll see that he not only was brilliant in his field, he was something else.
>>
>>18955270
I think there's a possibility of it being somewhere between a particle and a wave, sort of like light or quantum particles, although I feel like throwing quantum physics into the mix is a cop out -- I'm not a physicist, I'm a curious mechanic with a camera. So I won't include it in the video, but here's my thoughts.

>Pavlita says there's 30-something points where this energy comes from
>Believes it mostly comes from the eyes as a projection from the brain
>I've done some basic meditation courses, and almost every school of thought that isn't hippie bullshit teaches breathing exercises
>These concentrate on the gut, and then through mental effort or vocalization, bring it up to the mouth

I think the gut may have something to do with it. The thing that makes me sort of sad is that the researcher is down because he took the secret with him to the grave.

>>18955800
Not that I'm choosing the one that fits my worldview, I mean to say if Bardon didn't believe fully that his work had a lot of power, he could have just gone on bullshitting and lived well with the Nazi high-ups. He believed so much and saw the evidence that he would rather go to a concentration camp than share this with Nazis.

>>18957599
I think Rife was a genius but kind of went mad with the power, like a lot of paranormal researchers do. (I like the term psychotronic because it's less occult-sounding). See >>18955800
Also, if you've read Parapsychology Behind the Iron Curtain (worth it, amazing read cover to cover but a little exaggerated at parts probably), there's many cases of healers and researchers who slip from being researchers to marketing a product, and from there it goes downhill with their exaggerated claims and false proof, and people trying to replicate it unscientifically (like making Orgonite, which Reich never used.)
>>
Not directly related to the thread, but could someone explain the basic concepts behind orgone energy to me? It's been brought up a couple of times now but I've never heard of it before and am having trouble finding a good source to explain it.
>>
>>18959160
Ditto here. All shit I can find is either obscure or conflicting.
>>
>>18959160
>>18959183
Orgone is a pseudoscientific[1][2][3][4][5][6][7] and spiritual concept described as an esoteric energy or hypothetical universal life force, originally proposed in the 1930s by Wilhelm Reich.[8][9][10]

not sure what else you need
>conflicting information exists on made up quackery
oh, really
>>
>>18959160
>>18959183
Wilhelmina Reich was a friend of Sigmund Freud and an early psychoanalyst, and supposedly the only reason Freud's Dream interpretation book sold well is because Reich's book Character Interpretation was popular. Freud had a lot of interesting associates; Velikovsky, Jung, Reich.

Freud was about to support Reichs ideas, but Reich came out as a Marxist so Freud ridiculed him. Reich's idea was that there was a type of energy attracted to certain types of organic matter and repelled from inorganic, more or less. He made accumulators which had strange temperature anomalies, out of stacked organic and inorganic material. He claimed this energy was somehow linked to orgasmic power, or that the intense feeling of orgasm was caused by a sudden burst of this energy. He successfully made a generator to direct this at the sky over a region of the country in a terrible drought because a farmer paid him. When there were huge successes, the FDA put him in a mental institution, imprisoned him for violating orders transporting machinery, and (not kidding) burned 2 tons of his books.

After his heart attack death in jail, people came along to profit by making cool trinkets and saying they accumulated Orgone, destroying his reputation in spite of never having read his work.

Towards the end of his life he may have had delusions of grandeur, claiming UFOs were real and shooting them down with cloud busters (yeah that sounds like a long shot.) Very similar to Tessa with his delusions, would make a great movie
>>
>>18960745
Also sorry for the autocorrects, I just got an iPhone and I'm used to Android.
>>
>>18960745
Thank you, that was the kind of information I was looking for.

Wikipedia makes some mention of more modern scientists replicating some of his observations. Can someone give me a tl;dr on that?
>>
>>18949176
If you're serious, maybe it's not the best of ideas to post this here just yet. Never know who's watching. Come back with results and proof hidden away in a safe place and share what you've learned/gathered. This is some majorly interesting stuff.
>>
File: rotate.gif (999KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
rotate.gif
999KB, 500x700px
>>18949176
DXM cold water extraction method 900mg in the dark to binural beats, meditate like that with the device
if you feel like charging it

I'm trying to skip the device use I want raw power just me.
>>
>>18952943
This is really fucking interesting, best thread on /x/ in forever, bumping
>>
>>18962290
I only started to read some of his books after high school, from what I understand the Orgone Institute was a semi-respected school for a long time. His thoughts on talk therapy and emotional armoring were well-liked. I even saw a citation to the college in a copy of The Undiscovered Self (which I can't for the life of me remember was about, this was a while ago). Wikipedia says that his college more or less shut down after his death but I think it's still officially up.

I doubt any serious scientists would touch on his ideas of an energetic force, but the idea of armoring is pretty common. Go through a tough emotional experience, make an armor to protect yourself, which in the long run makes you tense and cut off from the stimulus. But actual doctors probably wouldn't touch this with a 50 foot pole.

haven't read the paper fully because I'm not too keen on Orgone but I will sooner or later, this was published by a Ph.D.

http://www.orgonelab.org/DeMeoToTSubtleEnergies.pdf

>>18962569
The purpose of the devices (I'm unsure if I can get my hands on one but hopeful) is just to take this energy and turn it to use doing something else to prove it can exert a force on matter. Also binural beats may work at inducing a state of consciousness but I'd have to make my own because way too many of the ones you find online are bullshit. It's a simple enough premise, I'm sure you know.

Also my job drug tests me regularly lel, no DXM here.

>>18962368
If I get the results I'm putting the burden on you guys to keep them because I'm sharing everything. If the ebil gubmint wanted this, they've had like 50 years, they don't need to wait for some mechanic in Europe to catch a Ryanair flight.
>>
>>18962908
Oh, and by the way, the website on James DeMeo's page says
>We do not endorse google advertisements promoting "orgonite", "radionics", "zappers",
"chembusters", "magik", "orgone generators", etc. http://www.orgonelab.org/orgonenonsense.htm

This pretty much says how badly contemporary frauds did to make researching Orgone a pain if you want to be taken seriously.

btw

>>18955800
Do you know any other scientists from the area involved in Psychotronics? It's nearly impossible to find info on the subject here apart from kooky 90s blogs.
>>
File: charging up.gif (1MB, 500x455px) Image search: [Google]
charging up.gif
1MB, 500x455px
>>18962908
I get the purpose but it's worthless without charging

DXM is completely legal which is why it's the one I
always suggest

Here though take some of my energy for luch in your quest

Also buy silver and ETH the prices are going to skyrocket soon
>>
File: kekmehhamehha.png (85KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
kekmehhamehha.png
85KB, 576x432px
>>18962951
for Luck*
>>
I'm just testing this, maybe I'll use this tripcode for these threads.

The only other videos I have on my YouTube are some travel stuff and interviews of people at political events. I can't see myself making a channel just for this. In any case, this'll be my trip.

Keep in mind though, I'm using this because the interview is months off, maybe September, October or later. I'm here on an intern program and am technically not allowed to travel out of the country until I'm done studying, and there are several more volumes I'm juggling.
>>
The biggest problem I'm seeing here isn't even the obscurity of psychotronic energy, but the scalability of it.

Can one person build up their psychotronic potential like exercising a muscle? And if so, to what limit?

A bigger question, is there any method of transferring psychotronic energy over long distances? Even if the effects from an individual are small, if you had 10,000 people wirelessly transmitting psychotronic energy to one place, then it could have industrial potential.

I'm not expecting these questions to be answered in this thread, but I do think there needs to be more discussion on the practicality of psychotronic energy. As it stands, the apparent size limit on devices storing psychotronic energy really hamstrings potential uses for it.
>>
>>18955800
>damn commies
>marxists Leninist
Shhh your personal agenda is showing. Off to the gulag with you

Communist utopia is unavoidable, just follow the tao and accept it as it comes m8
>>
>>18964584
This is exactly what the Hungarian was saying, it's not practical the way it is, but it is a proof of concept. I may have said it before (this is my second thread) but electricity was discovered by Greek philosophers rubbing amber on fur. Who could have predicted that it would later be possible to amplify, resonate and send long distance? It all started with a few hairs jumping an inch. If the power here is realized and goes mainstream and quacks don't ruin it, maybe one day this could be used.

But yes, for now there's a huge limitation. It takes half hour of intense focus to magnetize little bits of plastic.
>>
>>18953267
What an absolute hero. Many thanks for being such a bro, man. Never heard of Pavlita before, this is fascinating.
>>
>>18954233
>Bardon refused to participate in Nazi mysticism so he was thrown in a concentration camp

No, at some point the Nazis did a total 180 on their mysticism policies and imprisioned all sorts of occultists. Lots of OTO people as well as masons got sent to camps then.
>>
>>18962976
If you can't do it anon, let us help. My boyfriend is a film maker, we both live in Dublin.
>>
>>18964621
>Shhh your personal agenda is showing.
Well, they were after everything like this. No esoteric shit for you. I think it's quite notorious fact.

>Off to the gulag with you
If you are interested in gulags, try Solzhenitsyn. Namely The Gulag Archipelago.

>>18962931
>Do you know any other scientists from the area involved in Psychotronics?
>It's nearly impossible to find info on the subject here apart from kooky 90s blogs.
I'd rather check Google Patents, BBS archives, antiquarian bookshops and so on.
Those 90s websites or sites with shitty design or no design at all are quite fun.
But if you insist, try "site:cz psychotronika antikvariát", maybe sk, eu, net, com too.
You should get some more names from those links...
>>
>>18964765
I'll make a lot more info known once I manage to contact the researcher and publish a lot of this stuff. He still lives in Hungary and I'll make research info public, still kind of nervous what I post because I remember talking to some kooky brain researcher from the sixties who died in the middle of a chain of letters after I posted here.

Hopefully though I'll be able to see him more than once! Maybe leave your email and I can contact you with a video when I'm done? That way you can decide if it's worth following up on.

>>18964809
I wasn't the one calling you out on showing your agenda, but for what it's worth Solzhenitsyn was a wonderful author, the prison camp photo of him I think is the most iconic Soviet picture out there, hunched over and cold. I love The Long Walk by Rawicz, even if it was a lot of exaggeration.

Thank you for the suggestion by the way, searching this gives me a lot of books. I may buy a few of them and see if I can make out what they're saying! I'm seeing plenty of author names now, very helpful.
>>
>>18949176
MIT made non-metallic elements magnetic within the past few years.

I don't have the article on hand, but I remember reading about it.

They were attempting a go at magnetic plastic.
>>
>>18964910
>>18964765
>>18964809
I keep forgetting to use my tripcode
>>
>>18964910
>I wasn't the one calling you out on showing your agenda...
I didn't think so and desu I don't give a fuck.
More like he made me grin because of that gulag remark.

>I may buy a few of them and see if I can make out what they're saying!
I don't think that many of those shops ship worldwide.
Probably it would be better to hire someone to buy them and scan them in hq for you.
Google translate is pretty accurate after last update.

Anyway, I've found something that you may find very interesting.
https://uloz.to/hledej?q=kahuda
https://uloz.to/hledej?q=psychotronika

I've downloaded some of them and they look quite OCR-ready.
>>
I've tried to foster discussion itt but /x/ just doesn't seem that into the topic. Sorry OP, I guess a potentially revolutionary energy source just isn't as exciting as the umpteenth divination/how do i summon a succubus/ i am a roleplayer ask me anything thread. Better luck in the fall when you have an interview under your belt.
>>
bump
>>18966694
oh shut up
>>
>>18964765
How should I contact you?
>>
very interesting
>>
>>18949176
Just came here to say this is really interesting and one of the only legit-sounding threads in months. Good luck OP
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.