[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Dream/ General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: 7885388.jpg (143KB, 620x413px)
7885388.jpg
143KB, 620x413px
Searched "Dreams" in catalog and didn't find any general discussion.

Not sure whether to go to rational /adv/ or spiritual /x/ but basically what I want is to recreate a type of dreaming I have. Lucid dreaming is when you're aware that you're in a dream and you control most aspects to your will (vaporizing an enemy, flying, ect.) and there is a lot of information on how to have them but the dreams I'm experiencing don't seem to specifically fall under that.

On occasion under certain conditions I have intensely strong, easily decipherable, meaningful dreams with a sort of beautiful film-like quality. There's a clear story going on and I effect it, by my own choice. Everyone seems alive and real, if they're people I know they sound and behave exactly like they would, if they never existed they all behave differently, but reasonably, and their faces are clear but nobody that I know (not celebrities or random people I meet like in regular dreams). I'm not at all aware that I'm dreaming but to a certain point I'm in control of what I'm able to do and go, unlike some regular dreams where I just pop from place to place and experience random, nonsensical happenings, meaningful or not.

I hadn't had these kinds of dreams for a long while, at the very least 6 months. It was only until last night when I was rummaging through an ancient box of my old childhood things I never let go of I found an old collage of images from various important people in my life and special moments, as well as a dreamcatcher hidden under some spiritual items and leather bound books. I hung the collage somewhere visible, the dreamcatcher above my bed for memories, and I had a random candle lit for the scent and light. For the first time in a long, long time I had these unique dreams I rarely have.

My diet wasn't different then usual, my activity around town or the house wasn't different, and my exhaustion wasn't anything special when I slept. What do you think it was that I did?
>>
File: Dreams.jpg (131KB, 1500x844px) Image search: [Google]
Dreams.jpg
131KB, 1500x844px
Another strange fact is that me and some of my family dreams of people they never met, then some time later they do meet them, or find out that these strangers they never met had recently died (pictures of the recently deceased are easily identified) or hadn't been born yet.
It's not like we're some incredibly religious or overly spiritual family, I don't have an explanation for it but maybe some rational shitshooter can debunk it.
>>
Your brain cannot make up a face. Every face you see in your dreams you have seen somewhere before. You just don't remember them
They could have been someone you passed in the grocery store 15 years ago. Your brain doesn't have enough memory to store that face where you can remember where and when you saw them but that face stays in your subconscious and sometimes is brought to the surface in dreams to fill a void for a face. I hope this helps.
>>
>>18947452
Got a source for that? Not doubting you but I would like to read about that.
>>
Just google dmt alien abduction. First article by psychology today should get you started.
>>
Wrong thread hold on
>>
Nothing in a quick web search just people arguing about the theory. I remember it from a physiological class I took.
>>
File: Untitled.png (212KB, 630x413px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
212KB, 630x413px
Here a shitty MsPaint drawing of what i dreamt of this morning
>>
Can I hijack this thread and turn it into a dream interpretation thread? I just had a buckwild dream, and I need /x/'s opinion.

While I was walking down to the lab or whatever to do the test, I remember thinking "What if I end up having a kid. That would fucking suck." And then it cut to like. Christmas with me and a woman, and a kid, and the kid was opening presents and being loud, and he came up to me and said some shit, and I thought something like, "I hate kids."
>>
>>18950397
sounds like a wild dream could be some kind of look into the future, but my experience with those is rather lame compared to yours. do you do stuff in a lab IRL, or was this just a part of the dream? any imagery that stuck out in the dream?
>>
>>18950397
I am in favor of this.
>>
I dont believe that dream interpretations are a good thing. I can just tell them. Last night, no bs, a great flood happened. To all of us.I have 5 siblings, but this one mattered for some reason. It could be because he was 5 years old or so at the time. And I kept swimming to find him. And when I did, his life vest kept dunking him backwards and making it worse. So I always saved him. Hes my little bro and I love him. It broke my heart. Seeing him with goggles and all the safety he could have, but he still dies. More gory dreams happened after, same night, but nothing to do with my brother. Sometimes, dreams are terrible.
>>
File: painting.jpg (36KB, 434x450px) Image search: [Google]
painting.jpg
36KB, 434x450px
hey /x/ i like you, so i'll share a place i hang out while lucid.

>begin falling thru empty space, see clouds falling towards you and an infinite ocean surface slowly approaching
>look towards the horizon and see the last glimmers of twilight reflecting across the waves as the sun disappears
>crash through the surface of the water and slowly start to exhale, sinking into the darkness
>the water becomes black around you, and the only visible light is a tiny glowing green dot in the depths below you
>continue to sink towards the glowing dot, and allow it to come into focus
>the green light is shining out from the windows of a small geodesic dome, allowing you to see the ripples of the ocean floor around it
>sinking closer, you can look into the windows of the dome and see a neatly furnished room with chairs, bookshelves, paintings, and a circular pool of water in the center
>your feet touch down on the ocean floor, and you take a few steps to approach the dome, which is not sitting on the ocean floor, but is suspended on a circle of pillars.
>enter the room as if it were a diving bell, walking between the pillars and swimming upward towards the circular water surface in the center
>you are now standing beside the pool in a tiny, undersea library.
>directly in front of you is a large painting of monolith, nestled between waves of grass and bright blue skies.
>the painting seems to move and ripple, as if it were an open window that you could easily step through
>looking around you, you can see an assortment of other paintings, all of which seem to be alive with movement as well. you could actually travel to many places from here, if you wanted.
>you try to read the books, but the words will be foreign, and most will appear to be completely water damaged beyond recognition.

cont?
>>
>>18950397

i don't see what there is to interpret in this, or most people's dreams desu

most just seem like an idle mind thinking about something that's making it anxious, or just a jumbled mess of nostalgic stimuli
>>
File: atmm.gif (1MB, 450x270px) Image search: [Google]
atmm.gif
1MB, 450x270px
>>18951767
Go ahead (OP)
>>
>>18952049

>look at the painting opposite monolith
>the painting depicts a sprawling, decadent hotel lobby decorated in deep blue with golden trimmings
>on the left, the front desk is empty, save for a bell
>on the right, a staircase winds once up to a balcony, where there is a fully stocked bar and scattered tables
>the bar is also unattended, but there is a single room key, a freshly prepared drink, and a small piece of paper, upon which your name and room number are neatly written, along with a short note:
>"will return shortly."
>>
File: hallway.jpg (93KB, 650x910px) Image search: [Google]
hallway.jpg
93KB, 650x910px
>>18952074

>you wait awhile, but the bartender never returns, so you take the key and leave the bar to search for your room
>there are multiple hallways leaving the lobby, and each one seems to bend and twist out of sight in a different, impossible direction. without much thought, you turn into the closest hallway and begin to walk, occasionally glancing at the numbered doorways.
>it becomes quickly apparent that the room numbers have no particular order, and for a moment you turn back towards the lobby and wonder if you've chosen the wrong hallway
>although you were only walking a moment, the lobby and the bar counter seem to be a great distance away from you, separated by a twisted ribbon of patterned carpet, and more doors than you remembered walking past.
>for a moment, you feel discomfort, not unlike drowning.
>you look at the closest door on your right, and squint as you attempt to read the number in the center.
>the number shifts as you attempt to focus, but remains a blurry mess. the drowning sensation returns in another wave.
>you rub your eyes, turn and look to your left this time.
>the number on the opposite door is startlingly clear, and you recognize it immediately as the match to your key.

where you go from here is up to you. stay as long as you like, but if you try to explore my dreams deeper than i've rendered publicly, you'll quickly fall into your own places. goodnight.
>>
>>18951148
I'm a student, but comp sci, so not too much work in legit labs. The only thing that seems somewhat significant to me is that I was working with my dad and it was a dream about me not wanting kids. I dunno what that's about, though. My dad's a homie.
>>
>>18951802
>Nostalgic stimuli
I'll never forget the first time I came on all the different races.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.