[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NC spooky thread. Urbex, legends, haunted sites? Meet up or just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 19

File: ar119337385899371.jpg (48KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
ar119337385899371.jpg
48KB, 375x500px
NC spooky thread. Urbex, legends, haunted sites? Meet up or just discuss.

Where'd the scariest place you've been in NC?
>>
>>18947111
ur mums bedroom
>>
Maco light and meat-packing plant in Wilmington were pretty spooky, but both have been torn down.

Fort Fisher is really creepy on hazy nights.
>>
Fellow NC anon here. The battleship here is pretty spoopy and supposedly haunted. Also check around you for plantations. Ghost walks are fun as well.
>>
Raleigh represent. Devils tromping grounds are supposed to be scary. Some of the mountain trails on remote locations give me the fucking creeps. I was out west about a month ago near Tennessee, it was fucking creepy.
>>
Heartbeat Bridge in Whiteville/Columbus County is very creepy. So dark and your eyes start playing tricks on you.
>>
Abandoned Wizard of Oz theme park in Beech Mountains.
>>
Bentonville battlefield. Seen some weird shit out there. I used to pass it every night on my way to work, working overnights. Fuck that
>>
>>18947550
I've been there. So weird.

I really want to meet up and explore with some people but I don't want to get murdered.
>>
>>18947545
>>18947380
>>18947560
Never heard on these, thanks anons.

I moved here from Kansas not too long ago. All the trees here and the southern wastelands make it a wonderful weird state. I really love it.
>>
Native Carolinian popping in to wish you all well from Northern Virginia.
>>
>>18949492
Hi neighbor! Any good spoopery up there?
>>
NC Anon here, lived in a haunted house on an old farm next to a graveyard for 10 years in Gates County.

Now i'm going to college out in Greenville.
>>
The outer banks give me the creeps.

Maybe because of that lost colony shit?

The only time I ever went I was alone. Driving with the dunes stacked high on either side of my car.
>>
File: 1487438973773.jpg (23KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
1487438973773.jpg
23KB, 500x376px
Shy.tumbleweed
kik me nc /x/ friends
>>
File: 1365634885819.jpg (134KB, 896x768px) Image search: [Google]
1365634885819.jpg
134KB, 896x768px
The Dorothea Dix Mental Institution here in Raleigh was abandoned and left to decay, but it's been torn down recently :(

Anyone seen the Brown Mountain Lights?
>>
>>18950433
I've read about this... been thinking about doing some camping out that way and checking it out.
>>
>>18947380
The meat packing plant was torn down last year. It was in Navassa/Leland which is opposite of the Cape Fear river from Wilmington. Such a shame. Got some awesome pics there
>>
>>18949559
Ayy ecu (or Pitt) boys we out here.
I haven't seen that much spooky stuff around here but my friend from Asheville was telling me about some bridge that's supposedly haunted
>>
>>18947111

When I was growing up there was that house with the ring around it called Devil's tramping grounds of course it could have been upkeeped by people visiting the house.

Oh yeah I remember the story about brown moutain lights.
>>
>>18950701
Post em sempai
>>
The Zodiac Drain, in Durham. Nothing too spooky, honestly, but, at least at the time I went, a fun little puzzle to solve, if you wanted to.

In any case fun to explore. I have a few pics, if you'd like, and I can probably pull up the coordinates to it.
>>
any OBX spoops?
>>
File: chupacabras_by_steppuki-d48xitk.jpg (63KB, 900x626px) Image search: [Google]
chupacabras_by_steppuki-d48xitk.jpg
63KB, 900x626px
>>18951075
Yes please
>>
Didn't Goldsboro get two nuclear bombs dropped on it or something? Kek
>>
I just want to explore spooky places with a qt /x/-phile
>>
File: bright_eyes_by_visaga-d7p9agr.jpg (154KB, 968x825px) Image search: [Google]
bright_eyes_by_visaga-d7p9agr.jpg
154KB, 968x825px
>>18951961
>>18950324
Hit the kik friendo
>>
https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/police-man-charged-with-murder-also-killed-two-found-in-north-carolina-river/

How many bodies lay in the silt, undiscovered?
>>
>>18950291
Nigga I've been on the obx for 30 years. Where are the dunes on both side of the car? Also, the lost colony is In the nigger Island right across the way and no one considers that the Obx really. Nothing scary here, at all.
>>
>>18949545
None that I'm aware of, but then again I'm pretty much consumed by my job every day. Can't remember the last time I left my house for something else.
>>
>Be 18, just started college.
>Nana (maternal grandmother) and her 3rd husband bought a "farm" in North Carolina.
>It has woods on three sides, and a swamp on the fourth side, which opens up to a large lake.
>Their place has no neighbors around it. At one time most of it was a tobacco farm, and woodlot.
>A small stream runs through it, separating where their house is from another field and then more woods.
>They say the lake was dug out by slaves during the Civil War.
>Then a small river was dammed up, making the lake.
>The house is sort of modern, but the "feng shui" is all wrong, her old man says.
>He knows about such things. Says it's situated wrong.
>He's right, something just doesn't feel right.
>They say a man who was related to a well-known musician built it maybe 30 years ago.
>It was then in the middle of nowhere, and still is, to a degree.
>After he died, they say it was owned by Arabs for a while.
>They put in all kinds of surveillance cameras and lights.
>Supposedly just used it on weekends.
>No one really knew them; eventually they left.
>>
>>18954422
>Some redneck types owned it next. They kept it for a couple of years, then lost it to bankruptcy and also they said the husband went crazy.
>The place was vacant for a while; locals would hunt on the property, and basically acted like they owned it.
>Then Nana and Jim bought it, and moved in.
>There were a few things wrong at first: strange odors, people coming on the land but not saying hello or anything.
>Then the police starting coming, looking for the guy who had gone crazy.
>He owed people a lot of money.
>At one point he had set up some phony companies, that was all the police would tell us.
>Eventually the police realized that the guy was gone, out of state, and that new people now had the house.
>After that thing were quiet for a while.
Will finish later, if this thread is still up.
>>
File: Continue the joke..jpg (23KB, 512x256px) Image search: [Google]
Continue the joke..jpg
23KB, 512x256px
>>18954425
Go on...
>>
>CTRL+F "dev"
>>18947521
>>18950810
Oh good.
>CTRL+F "brown"
>>18950433
>>18950810
Well, I'm out of things to suggest. I don't get out nearly enough to know about spooky shit.

My dad swears he saw a ghost light down by the river in McAdenville though.
>>
>>18954452
>ghost light
as in like a will-o-the-wisp? that'd be dope to see one of those
>>
>>18951122

Actually, yes. One almost detonated.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1961_Goldsboro_B-52_crash
>>
>>18951122
>>18954469
whoah what the fuck never heard of this
>>
>>18954462
Not sure. He said it was like a lantern light. Supposedly there's a cranky old man who lived in the area and always would check his fish traps or crayfish traps or lobster traps or whatever they were at night to make sure people weren't stealing from them. I forget the dude's name.
>>
>>18947513
The battleship is deffo haunted, stayed there a few times overnight when I was in the scouts.
>>
>>18947111
Dunno about scary, but Old Salem has a few haunted places, and if I remember correctly Alamance battleground is supposed to be haunted as well.
A few more places I know of, so just ask away - been living in this damned state for 28 years.
>>
Got chased by a few kids in corny black robes and shit with wrist blades in a run down apartment once. Wasn't anything supernatural. Pretty cringe that I didn't arrange it with them, so they literally waited in an abandoned place to pull this shit, probably for hours.
>>
>>18954638
lol what the fuck? what were they doing
>>
>>18954647
I dunno. Might've been plastic blades. Honestly, I was more afraid of facing assault charges for assaulting teenagers or some shit at the time.
>>
>>18947111
Brown mountain is apparently wild with paranormal stuff
>>
>>18954678
anything other than the lights?
>>
>>18954683
Apparently ufos and large groups disappearing with no evidence. The videos of the lights are pretty insane too.Isn't it strange how ufos follow paranormal and more commonly occultic activity?
>>
>>18954710
>large groups disappearing with no evidence
eh?? do you have a link to a news article or something?
>>
I live out in the middle of fuckin' nowhere down here in NC, and there's this old abandoned house just down the road. Dude that lived in it was autistic, as in he had been medically diagnosed with autism. Never met the guy, but he must've been pretty nice because he made all his property a nature preserve after he died.

So, of course, it got torn down a while ago and the remains were left to rot. I went over there once and it was spooky as fuck. Everything was off, and there was this doorway that hadn't collapsed. It was pitch black inside it, like all light just stopped at the doorway. All the rubble on the ground didn't make it easy to see the floor that would have been inside, though. Out of curiosity I walked up closer to it on top of the rubble (which almost gave way to what I assume was the basement) to get a better look which I couldn't get because here wasn't any good footing.

I picked up a small piece of wood and threw it in to see if there was anything inside. It landed partially outside of the doorway, and looked like everything that went through the door didn't exist. Like I said, inside of the doorway was pretty much completely devoid of light. My phone's light wasn't enough to illuminate the doorway from where I was, but there was something wrong about it.

I tried to go back one day with the intent of actually entering the doorway but about halfway there the wind got heavy enough to make me feel light and considering that there had been tornado warnings put out all day (plus the sound of a train everyone always says to look out for) I ran back home and shoved the dogs and I into the bathroom for the next hour.
>>
>>18947111
I live in a small irrelevant town in rural NC on historic property. There's an ancient revolutionary war era collapsed house and graveyard about a mile behind me, as well as what appears to be Indian grounds judging by the arrowheads and sharpening stones. You can even see the indends on the ground where roads used to be.

The property has changed hands about 9 times, 8th being my grandparents buying it and 9th being my parents. Aunt and uncle live on the property too. My mom has claimed to see shadow people, and I share similar stories. Seemingly just curious, the shadow people we've seen tend to just peek around corners or walk across doorways. As well, my aunt has seen a woman in a dress where the house used to be. I've also heard talking while walking in the forests during the daytime, moreso noticeable when nobody but me is home. Also swear I've seen a really old looking car driving on the roads in the back without making noise at least twice.

The biggest problem though - the feeling at night. NOBODY can go outside around here at night without an extreme feeling of dread. Not my grandpa who's been here for decades, not my military veteran uncle, not myself. It's weird and we try not to talk about it too much.

no pictures of the property rn unfortunately

>>18954894
theres like a 9/10 chance I know who you are
>>
Honestly cant really think of anything except for an abandoned house i visited like 5 years ago. Also, anyone here go to ncsu?
>>
>>18955030
>Also, anyone here go to ncsu?
yo
finals week eh
>>
Is someone turning you into a haunted place?
>>
*Is someone turning you into a haunted site?
>>
>>18955030
>>18956324
not NCSU but not far away (Durham Tech)
please kill me
>>
>>18947111
ever been to the slave treal?
>>
>>18947111
The slave plantations is scary as fuck
>>
File: tramping2.jpg (12KB, 179x181px) Image search: [Google]
tramping2.jpg
12KB, 179x181px
>>18947111
Devil stomping grounds Not to scary just a lot of rednecks sometimes but it's weird. If you bring a dog it won't go in the middle.
>>
>>18957290
>If you bring a dog it won't go in the middle.
bullshit.
>>
File: super eye.jpg (39KB, 480x430px) Image search: [Google]
super eye.jpg
39KB, 480x430px
>>18957312
prove me wrong
>>
File: 1465612695762.jpg (9KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1465612695762.jpg
9KB, 320x320px
>>18957351
well in that case idk
>>
File: 1457155608054.jpg (23KB, 660x371px) Image search: [Google]
1457155608054.jpg
23KB, 660x371px
>>18957358
if you go , don't go to the creepy church they have cameras everywhere and there a old creepy guy that keeps watch
>>
>>18954532
any stories you want to share anon
>>
>>18947111
were have you been?
>>
>>18951111
Only one I can think of is that colony where everybody disappeared.
>>
>>18954546
Really? I've been to Old Salem a ton of times, it was more cozy than spoopy imo.
>>
>>18950291
the scariest part of OBX is the rich fucks that stay there for vacation
>>
>>18950801
You in Pittsburgh? That's where I live, love urban exploring around the city although I've found some fucked shit (dead hobos in abandoned buildings, stuff like that).

My gf took my an hour outside of the city though and brought me to the ruins of some old house that had burnt down because supposedly it was haunted. There was a guy that was running towards us in the distance so we fucking booked it outta there, wish I knew where it was because the whole place was pretty eerie.
>>
>>18960148
>>18950801

Also I live pretty close to the massive Allegheny cemetery, I like to walk there at night and just stroll around to clear my head. I've had some pretty spoopy stuff happen there
>>
>>18960148
Nah, in Greenville right now but from Raleigh originally.
Might as well expand on the bridge in Asheville I was talking about. Apparently a while ago some schoolbus full of kids ran off the bridge and killed a lot of the kids inside. Now the story goes if you park your car on (or under don't remember) the bridge your windows will fog up and little hand prints will start to cover all of the window. Also supposedly your car won't be able to start again leaving you stranded. My friends never took their car their only walked. One time they went at night and one of them pissed on the bridge but still nothing happened. The second time my other friend went alone while tripping on some L and swears he saw this huge bird flying right where the sun was on the horizon. He said he tried to take a pic but the sun fucked up the picture. Nothing real spooky happened but I don't know anyone whos actually parked on it.
>>
>>18954940
That wouldn't happen to be in Murphy NC would it?
>>
>>18961500
K well I live in Indiana now, actually really close to one of the most haunted places in the state. However I'm originally from NC, lived all over the state. & that same thing you just described is the exact same thing that's rumored to happen at the aforementioned haunted area by where i live now. It's called "the troll bridge". It's also located by "Little Egypt", which is said to be roughly the 2nd or 3rd most haunted places in the state. The point I'm making is I think that window fogging thing is just a broad story that people all over the country tell for spooks.
>>
>>18947521
Stayed up all night there with some friends, and some locals who happened to be there when we got there. We drank and sat around a fire in the circle waiting for something spoopy. Nothing ever happened.

I heard they tore down the forest around it recently though.
>>
>>18948878
I got guns. Just nobody intrested in urbex to explore with
>>
>>18954546
Old Salem is my favorite place to be /x/ meetup when?
>>
Greensboro / UNCGfag here.
>>
gotta bump so we can establish the NC /x/phile chat.
>>
>>18947111
Only place I've been down there is Hilton Head. A few times. Beautiful place. Not spoopy. Palmetto bugs though, yikes.
>>
>>18964714
Eh? Eh?
https://discord.gg/vyxpW
>>
>>18961583
Nope. It's in Orange County.
>>
File: 1481130696362.jpg (12KB, 326x377px) Image search: [Google]
1481130696362.jpg
12KB, 326x377px
Atlantic Beach friend here. Any spooky shit up here you guys know about? I've been looking for some good places to explore. There were plenty of abandoned warehouses and railways back in the Cherryville/Lincolnton area.
>>
File: 1493826573494.png (64KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1493826573494.png
64KB, 250x250px
the only spooky thing you'll find in NC is the lack of in-n-outs and good tea cafes
>>
didnt there used to be urbex threads on /x/? we need a general again.
>>
>>18964868
>https://discord.gg/vyxpW
Update please?
>>
>>18965166
im the only one who joined other than the guy who made it, he never said anything and is now offline
discord is stupid anyway
>>
>>18965166
https://discord.gg/pHZdRKx
>>
>>18964279
Same here. Major?
>>
File: spoder.gif (511KB, 499x281px) Image search: [Google]
spoder.gif
511KB, 499x281px
>>18954425
come back storytime-anon
I never get to have adventures where I live...
>>
>>18947111
Grew up in Stokes county. The place is riddled with abandoned houses that have been overrun with kudzu. Great atmosphere. Also, poverty.
>>
>>18947111
Gastonia anon here,
The old mall in eastside Charlotte before it was torn down was real neat
>>
>>18966356
You talking about eastland mall?
The only thing scary about that place was the fear of being shot at.

I was raised in Charlotte and I don't remember any real spooks while growing up
>>
>>18966276
Marketing. You?
>>
>>18968415
man i had niggers try to sell me chains and xmas trees there . if it wasnt always dark id venture that way
>>
Bamp
>>
>>18954425
>They moved in (Jim ‘n Nana) and were starting to enjoy the house, wrong “feng shui” to the contrary.
>They’re both nature lovers, and there were a lot of birds, and signs of other animals in the woods.
>One of the first things they had to do however was to buy a new refrigerator.
>The rednecks who owned the place before had caught a large fish out of the lake and left it in the refrigerator.
>But the power had been cut off, the fish rotted, and stank up the whole house.
>Nana figured that’s how they were able to get a better deal on the property: the people were in bad shape financially, and also the house stank.
>So they repainted the kitchen and brought in a new refrigerator.
>But then the horrible smell came back.
>It seemed to be emanating from near the front door.
>They checked the a/c ducts, and any possible place where something might have died. Nothing.
>The smell would go away for a week or two, and then come back.
>Jim said that according to something he had read a long time ago, a bad smell like that was associated with evil spirits.
>>
>>18947521
Been to the stomping ground, was covered in trash, however absolutely no birds or insects singing, even the wind blowing through the trees was quiet.
>>18963221
It's still there.
>>
>>18955030
Yeah, walk past Carmichael everyday
>>
File: dude.jpg (36KB, 255x398px) Image search: [Google]
dude.jpg
36KB, 255x398px
>>18947111
WNCbro here. How's this:

On a very cold day in February, 1913, a hard, handsome woman with a leathery face, knuckly hands and beautiful hair walled her 2-year-old granddaughter up in a shallow cave and left her to die.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1991-05-08/features/1991128179_1_nance-maurice-stanley-dude
>>
>>18972115
go on bro
>>
dudes, i lived in this small house on harkers island, NC a long while ago and something about that placed was fucked. it just felt off the whole time there but this one time in particular was the most fucked up. I was just laying bed at two in the morning one night, with my lights on and everything and i start hearing these foot steps outside my bedroom. I was like "okay that's cool, my brother or dad probably just had to go to the bathroom or something." but moments after the footsteps had stopped, this loud ass banging, knocking, scratching, door-knob-jiggling sounds just started up all at once, coming from either outside my bedroom door or inside my closet, i couldn't tell. it was just this clusterfuck of random loud as fuck noises. it lasted about 2 mins i believe and then all the noises stopped. after it stopped i heard three, small but heavy, baby-like foot steps coming from god knows where, i couldn't pinpoint the location for the life of me. the attic, maybe? but after all that shit i covered my head with my blankets and laid there until i fell asleep. i checked the closet the day after and nothing had changed. i still don't understand what really happened that night. I don't live there anymore, all i knew about the places was that it was pretty old.
>>
>>18972115
>They joked about that (the idea that evil spirits would sometimes impart a foul odor in a place), and about Native Americans in the Dakotas burning some sweet grass to repel unwanted spirits, or old Cubans in Miami rolling a coconut through the house to soak up the bad vibes, then throwing it out into the yard. And of course like you see in the movies, calling a priest, and all kinds of similar things, jokingly of course.
>I thought more likely some kind of animal had crawled up into the air conditioning ducts somehow, and had died there. And humidity in the air would sometimes revive the smell.
>I closed off the A/C duct near the door, hoping that would help. It was really a horrid stench, hard to describe but truly unpleasant.
>Over time the smell vanished, but still came back at odd times, although with less frequency as time went on.
>In the meantime people would occasionally cut across the property, once or twice in an ATV, other times in an old beat-up station wagon.
>Most of the locals were pretty friendly, but these people didn’t make eye contact, even when we were standing out in the yard. WTF?
>>
i live in florida meed girl from nc nere where my family is from. before sex we name our last names to make sure where not related. lol
>>
>>18947111
Charlie Daniels is from NC
The Legend Of Wooley Swamp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSM7voOCkU0
>>
>>18973316
yaaassss i know it!!!! im from RALEIGH and i always make my name known to my boyfs when i meet them to sex!
>>
>>18947550
I stayed a night at the house in that place. My dad rented it, was frightening
>>
>>18950801
>>18949559
if you're at ecu, the mall area with the cupola has some apparition sightings, including a ghost bear. fleming hall and cotton hall are also supposedly haunted.
>>
>>18966334
I had a roommate from Stokes county. She was inbred as fuck.
>>18966356
>tfw I remember Eastland Mall before it became Niggerland

It hurts
>>
>>18973104
fuckin a, anon that would fuck me up something royal.

I'm staying at a house on Sunset beach NC with my family for the week.
>yesterday night
>laying in bed with my earplugs in
>only person in room
>had been drifting towards sleep for a while >something akin to a person yelling at my head from very close woke me the fuck up at 1:30
>was out of bed so fast, my covers fell on the floor

nothing like this has ever happened to me, I mean I've had limbs that jerked when I was coming in and out of dreams, but never anything that made me stand up in fright.
>>
>>18973680
(assuming it wasn't a real sound)
yeah hynagogic and hypnopompic hallucinations are fucking mindblowingly real when you tap into them. the poor man's hallucinogen is also the strongest one
>>
>>18964721
That's South Carolina, friendo. That's a great place, though.
>>
State fairgrounds is weird as shit late at night, dunno if anyone has ever been there. I've been a few times after they've closed (wouldn't recommend sneaking aroundas it's literally right across from a highway patrol facility and there's always cops in the area, I've only been in there at night for work related stuff), and when you're there at night you just kind of feel a presence there.

We did some rewiring work a few years ago and kept hearing someone going "22 cents! One dollar! One dime!" Also horsehoofs and footsteps, shit like that.

I'd love to go back and do some EVP but it's probably not likely to happen.
>>
Staying with family near Fayetteville, getting ready to move down here from Cleveland OH. Interesting coincidence I happen to find spoopy things thread specifically about NC.
>>
>>18947111

I live in Elkin, NC. It's about 30 minutes from Winston-Salem. Any /x/ related things I need to check out in Winston?
>>
>>18973370
lol im from raleigh too. sanderson!
>>
>>18974274
Old Salem isn't 100% /x/ per say, but it's a pretty cool little spot. There's also some kind of occult store somewhere downtown, if I remember right.
>>
>>18947111
Bump
>>
>>18974274
You're not too far from the Devil's Tramping Ground.

SPOILER: It's a massive disappointment.
Thread posts: 116
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.