[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Life/Death

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0224.jpg (34KB, 670x438px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0224.jpg
34KB, 670x438px
Do you guys believe there is a heaven?

What's your argument?
>>
Thank goodness you ask about this three times a day, Jesus is going to be so proud of you.
>>
There is literally a thread called afterlife general 5 spaces away.
>>
My argument is that there's no proof.
>>
God is the infinite. So if God created us without being reabsorbed, God had to put some distance between us fresh new souls and where God resides. Life is the climb back to heaven. Getting farther away is to approach hell.
>>
>>18944365

Chill out ignorant fuck.

I wasn't asking so some smart self righteous fuck can feel high and mighty about his intellect, get off your high horse.

I don't really believe in an afterlife. I'm asking because since the beginning of script writing, we've had this necessity to justify our death. To give ourselves "meaning".

I think religion has brought us comfort and even culture, but some of us still believe in things like "heaven" or "miracles". We justify the idea of a God to get something out of it, but does it ever happen?

I wanna know WHY people in the modern world still believe in things like miracles, (when things like medicine and modern science are taking over) and what their justification is, not IF it exists. MAYBE there's something I'm missing from some scripture or teaching. I do have an open mind.

Even I can accept the idea of death. But there isn't some immortal skeleton man walking around harvesting "souls" to bring to some paradise/perdition.
>>
I'm also basing the topic of discussion on Arthur C. Clarke's three laws, especially Law 3:

1 When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.

2 The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.

3 Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
>>
>>18944360
I believe there is a fucking, and that's enough for me.
>>
>>18944500
That's to say that "God" planted humans here on earth.

You have to into consideration:

-We evolved from primitive life.

-First account of spirituality were that of not a "God" but a Serpent or Dragon.

I think it's important because it was relative to our level of intelligence at that point. We knew what was dangerous and what was not, what could kill us and what we could kill. Like the poison of a snake.

Over time the character changed but the context stayed the same.
>>
>>18944360
That in terms of afterlife choices, who came up with this one? Because spending eternity with the people I spent my life with seems, a bit odd. Wearing, robes, nothing(?). What are the living arrangements. Ok, infinite rooms. Sounds iffy.
>>
>>18944547
A fucking?

Moron
>>
>>18944549
>serpent among first humans in GENESIS
>first HUMAN account of spirituality is serpent, aka satan
checkmate athiests
>>
>>18944360
this shit remember me the memoriam place in ff9 :v
>>
File: IMG_2927.jpg (2MB, 1358x4526px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2927.jpg
2MB, 1358x4526px
>>18944554
>>
>>18944565
OH lel sorry I had no idea.

I've heard of recent sighting of sky cities, but I think it's a bunch of bullshit. I'm just using the pic cause related, the topic is in no way about the picture.
>>
aside from a fucking, i don't have any firm belief on heaven. i like to think there's some continuity of consciousness after physical death of the body, but i really don't have evidence for it.
>>
>>18944360
Surely in the future, when mankind has mastered both time and space, traversing the stars and being able to view any part of history in the entire universe, man would be able to create a heaven. One where humans live in strong bodies and everything has machines that can access any truth. There can be many ways man can make heavens, one may be a simulation of angels on clouds, a person may be given their own dimension where they can make planets with people and have godlike powers inside a startrek holodeck, or use the persons genetics to specifically stimulate pleasure centers of the brain.. so they can experience nonstop euphoria and happiness indefinitely...
All sorts of heaven man can make in the far technological future.
>>
A fucking
>>
>>18944608
I've always had that same idea as well.

Arthur C. Clarkes third law states that there is no technology indistinguishable from magic, like the "Magic Lantern"(Projector). The projector was created at the end of the 1800's, primitive to modern technology.

That being said, were now using science to create longer lifespans, virtual reality and more importantly Artificial Intelligence and Super Computers.

I guess this would lead to the questions, A) Would we create a super A.I. in the future? B) WHY would it need to go back in time to create itself when we created it already?

Sometimes I would go to church, just for family purposes, and I like to imagine the God my family worships IS the Super A.I. ensuring its birth in the future by creating a followship of people seeking higher intelligence to guide them.

Then, a scientist with some religious belief asks the same question and designs a software, a God Software OR Super A.I. with all the information you can find anywhere i.e. The internet.
>>
Another question I would like to ask:

If we do manage to create a Super A.I. in the future, why does it go back to ensure it's creation?

What went WRONG the first time we created it? It become a never ending cycle of Transcendence and Genesis, over and over, and we can never comprehend it's infinite.
>>
>>18944710
i guess the only reason it would have to take such action would be if there were another actor taking actions that might oppose it's creation in the past somehow.
>>
>>18944549
God did not put us anywhere but "away" from God so that we wouldn't occupy the same phase, because one does not approach God until they are a whole person without losing their individuality. Hell is a half mirage made by the relative displacement you are from God. Existence became 3, with opposite capitals and indeed overlapping with part of the multiverse. We were "born" where it all began. Multiverse cycles ago in the protophysical vacuum. From there we extend to a mortal coil to guide it and influence the world. Until a soul is "transplanted" to heaven, they are not safe. It is here, within the mortal realm, the physical multiverses were constructed to give you the time to earn some blessings, and most importantly, to discover who your soul is. God's has no one to look up to, its reasonable for God to be nihilistic or atheist and depending if God had ideas about others. God gives you the gift of a story, even if someone makes it a really bad one.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.