[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/xlit/-Paranormal Literature

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 13

File: 837.jpg (33KB, 615x600px) Image search: [Google]
837.jpg
33KB, 615x600px
Hello! Welcome to /xlit/, your source for the production and distribution of /x/ related literature and stories.

Previous thread: >>18934443

Let's try not to let this one die.
>>
File: AncientEvenings.jpg (15KB, 262x378px) Image search: [Google]
AncientEvenings.jpg
15KB, 262x378px
"Ancient Evenings" by Norman Mailer.

This was supposed to be the first in a trilogy on magically obtained immortality, if he ever wrote the other two they never made it to print. Ancient Evenings starts with a XXX rated retelling of the SET/OSIRIS/ISIS/HORUS mythos, then gets into war, harems, and sex magic. & mystical scatology ( I kid you not )...
>>
File: 71XS0RCW3GL.gif (162KB, 306x475px) Image search: [Google]
71XS0RCW3GL.gif
162KB, 306x475px
"Child of God" by McCarthy

As in McCarthy that wrote "No Country for Old Men". Child of God starts off as some rambling tale of a crazy hilly-billy kid, then suddenly veers off into more necrophilia than you've ever read about.
>>
File: Master_and_M.jpg (308KB, 763x1159px) Image search: [Google]
Master_and_M.jpg
308KB, 763x1159px
"The Master and Margarita" by Mikhail Bulgakov
Wow, think blasphemous Alice in Wonderland set in Soviet Russia. But darker.
>>
>>18943877
>>18943888
These both sound awesome.

>>18943899
Elaborate further on this book if you will.
>>
Remember when House of Leaves was all the rage? I always liked The Shining. King sucks, but I will always love this book. Got me into reading. Like, I didn't ever read for enjoyment before I picked up this book.
>>
>>18943925
>"The Master and Margarita" tlDr request

[ slight spoiler alert ]

Guy is writing twisted book about Pontius Pilate, but despairs due to life in Soviet Russia decides to kill self before book is done. Seems Forces of Darkness want story finished for reason of their own so some demonic characters show up and recruit the guy's girlfriend (Margarita) in an insane plan to get the novel done.
>>
>>18943970
This one sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out.
>>
File: master_and_m2.jpg (87KB, 526x806px) Image search: [Google]
master_and_m2.jpg
87KB, 526x806px
"The Master and Margarita" and "House of Leaves" were the two best book recommendations I ever got off of /x/. Be warned though "House of Leaves" is a love it or hate it book, not for everyone.
>>
File: windswept house.jpg (142KB, 576x872px) Image search: [Google]
windswept house.jpg
142KB, 576x872px
Malachi Martin, Catholic priest, infamous exorcist, & noted Art Bell guest, deals with black magic rites in the higher ranks of Catholicism in the guise of a novel. The book says the American branch and Vatican itself are the most corrupt and gives an intercontinental Black Mass example. He seemed to think The Church would break up into continent based units, but that was about two decades ago and doesn't seem anymore likely now than then. The Catholic Church is still there, and Martin is quite dead. Still a good book.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windswept_House:_A_Vatican_Novel
>>
File: Dick_Flow My Tears.jpg (199KB, 800x1272px) Image search: [Google]
Dick_Flow My Tears.jpg
199KB, 800x1272px
In a one decade period towards the end of this life Phillip K. Dick wrote, in a row, his best works:

Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said (1974)
Radio Free Albemuth (1976)
A Scanner Darkly (1977)
VALIS (1981)
The Divine Invasion (1981)
The Transmigration of Timothy Archer (1982)

( You can't go wrong with any of those )

"Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said" I think is his best book by far. Think "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep" but profoundly more melancholic.

http://www.amazon.com/Flow-My-Tears-Policeman-Said/dp/0547572255/
>>
File: dick_VALIS.jpg (49KB, 250x427px) Image search: [Google]
dick_VALIS.jpg
49KB, 250x427px
>>18944131
>>
File: Zen.jpg (19KB, 225x346px) Image search: [Google]
Zen.jpg
19KB, 225x346px
THIS BOOK
>>
File: IMG_0395.jpg (55KB, 489x637px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0395.jpg
55KB, 489x637px
This book could change your life.
>>
>>18944131

I love dick, but divine invasion and valis are mind-numbingly boring religious drivel

Hang yourself my friend
>>
>>18944808
>I love dick

So does your mother.
>>
>>18944843
faggot
>>
>>18944757
What's it about?
>>
File: Philip_K_Dick_6713.jpg (38KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
Philip_K_Dick_6713.jpg
38KB, 340x340px
>>18944808
>I love dick
No one doubts that.

> but divine invasion and valis are mind-numbingly boring religious drivel
1) You're on /x/?
2) Valis and Divine Invasion does have a lot of Christian imagery and I bet that's what triggers you. To others, yes PKD's drug-addled world view does end up with a series of books where we are all right now in the times of the Roman Empire awaiting the return of Christ... but man, it's all based on a huge alien UFO and three fingered creatures from another solar system, and an Evil Empire using the music industry to brainwash people -- how much more /x/ can you get?
>>
>>18944145
Just started this. What kind of a name is horselover fats?
>>
File: PKD.jpg (17KB, 218x151px) Image search: [Google]
PKD.jpg
17KB, 218x151px
>>18945831
>What kind of a name is horselover fats?

< non-existent /x/ spoiler tag>

Well since it seems you can't wait to find out in the book. It's a literal translation of Philp Dick.

[ don't turn non-existent tag off all of /x/ vanishes ]
>>
>>18945837
I figured as much. Honestly, I'm starting to enjoy this book.
>>
>>18945667
It's hard to explain, but in general it's about Lujan's shamanic journeys.
>>
File: House_of_leaves[1].jpg (19KB, 330x435px) Image search: [Google]
House_of_leaves[1].jpg
19KB, 330x435px
What's out there in this same vein? I loved pic related and I'd like something like it. Like a more abstract kind of horror? I donĀ“t know how to call it, really.
>>
>>18945964

bump for interest
come on guys
>>
>>18943859
I'm reading through Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep by Philip K. Dick and was wondering what other stories by him were good for someone just getting back into /lit/.

Do Androids Dream is only very barely paranormal related, but I remember having a few of his other stories explained to me back in high school that were more relevant. I think there was one about time anomalies and another about a guy named Horselover Fat who turns out to not actually exist or something like that. Any recommendations will be appreciated majorly!
>>
>>18946328
The horselover fat one is VALIS. An anon above talks more about his stories.
>>
>>18946328
Flow my tears, the policeman said
The three stigmata of palmer eldritch
A scanner darkly
>>
>>18943859
Hungry Moon.

The Exorcist is very good
>>
I keep reading this as clit
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.