[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Technocracy Blues

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: index.jpg (9KB, 182x277px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
9KB, 182x277px
Did you know for years, I mean YEARS, I was terrified, MORTIFIED, to fill out a job application? More specifically, I was unable to lie on my job application. I was always so afraid that I would get caught, but I have no idea what I thought would happen if I did.

You ever think maybe you've been brainwashed with certain kinds of OCD due to a pavlonian conditional response?

I remember that during school we used to say the pledge of allegiance every day in front of the school, 200 school days out of the year and we said it each and every day for 6 school years until we graduated elementary school. You ever think of how that might affect us?
>>
>>18941964
I mean, imagine if you could just say anything on a job application, so long as you had the confidence to back it up. Imagine if it wasn't a crime to lie on an application.

Imagine having to grow up and think like this. That it was literally a crime when describing your accomplishments to boast or exaggerate, even a little.

Like literally all you could do was tell the truth in the most short, terse, underwhelming way possible, and walk away knowing that you filled your application in pencil.

I was hung up on the application thing for years, I'd almost describe it as a disorder.
>>
>>18941964
It all came down to that simple riddle, "How can this entry level job require experience? How can I get experience if I don't get a job?"

Then it hit me. You lie. You lie dumbass!

But then I was like, "Why do they want to make sure I know how to lie before I apply to this job?"
>>
>>18941971
Its because they are trying to break your spirit. Once you start living the lie, you can tell yourself your allright, you've still got a job, at least your not on the street.

But the truth is, you had to submit. As someones servant. You had to be their servant, in exchange for money.

And what did that money buy? It bought rent. I was paying back the same people who gave me the money in the first place!

It was ridiculous! Since when did I need permission to live?
>>
>>18941976
If someone barged into your home and said, "Pack your shit and leave," you'd be pretty pissed. Imagine if a cop did that though? Imagine if a cop did that, and then when you called the cops, they acted like they had no clue what you were talking about. I mean what would you do? Would you fight a police officer?
>>
>>18941984
Could you even take a swing at a cop? If you knew you were going to jail for life, I mean for LIFE, and you hadn't done a single thing wrong, and your only chance was escape, could you take a swing at him?
>>
>>18941964
How can you tell when you've been brainwashed? How can you tell who's point of view is relevant? How would you know if someone had manipulated your opinion or tricked you into believing something you normally wouldn't?
>>
>>18941964
The Pledge of Allegiance belongs in another age. It's weird and a bit Nazi.
>>
It's not a crime to lie on a job app idiot. I've lied on literally every job I've filled out. Your just a pussy meet who doesn't actually want to work.
>>
>>18941964
god OP, you really need someone in your life that will teach you techniques on people
>>
>>18942537
The US Pledge of Allegiance is quite sublime, actually, except for the "under God" bit forced into it in the 60s. It's a pledge not to a person, or a faction, or even a nation - but to an ideal, to a flag. The point is that our allegiance is to a utopian republic; the struggle for which justifies opposition to any person or structure in power.
>>
I just want to say that I relate with you a lot, OP. A whole lot.
It doesn't count for shit, I know, but I just wanted to say that you're not alone in feeling this way.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.