[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Determinism is objectively true. What upsetting implications

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1486954603643.jpg (50KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1486954603643.jpg
50KB, 600x450px
Determinism is objectively true. What upsetting implications can you think of as a result? I've gotten over the inevitable lack of free will.
>>
>>18940820
Determinism is self refuting, and it's also not mutually exclusive to free will.
>>
File: 1493239743450.png (613KB, 1400x9999px) Image search: [Google]
1493239743450.png
613KB, 1400x9999px
>>18940820
>It's a JonTron turns into a cat review
>>
>>18940827
Explain.
>>
>>18940820
Here's how it works. You've got phenomenal reality, that's what you experience with your senses. Basically, everything in your life except for your thoughts and feelings. And in that phenomenal reality, there is a linear 4th dimensional timeline. Within that linear timeline, there are deterministic rules which affect most processes (subatomic physics is one example where, within the phenomenal universe, there are non-deterministic phenomenal events).

However, accepting determinism only displays a poor understanding of how dimensions work in physics (or, alternatively, how skeptical epistemological frameworks operate). Because just as there are three dimensions of space-time which you obviously know about, there are multiple dimensions of temporal space. Instead of seeing time as a line (4th dimensional space), think of time as a graph (5th dimensional space), or as a full plane with multiple axis (6th dimensional space).

Basic dimensional theory reveals that the whole concept of linear space-time is only valid from a limited perspective, and doesn't serve as an accurate representation of reality (reality = the 1st and 10th dimension, which are the same thing; Berkeley's metaphysics and Advaita Hindu philosophy figured that out far before the physicists, though).

The troubling thing is figuring out why our consciousness is limited to 4th dimensional perception (unless manipulated through meditation/magick).
>>
All the suffering in the world is not a result of our choices but have been imposed by god or the universe itself.
>>
>>18940860

It's because this timeline is the one where God is born, so it's literally being pulled forward by the fait accompli status of the others, or pushing into them by status of pure will, so far as I can tell.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (52KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
52KB, 1280x720px
>>18940820
This image has always creeped me the fuck out. Not because of the way it looks or that I think it's inherently scary, but I always imagine a bizarre scenario for these weird pics to exist. Whenever I see this one I imagine a group of young friends, boys and girls, entering a mystical land of unknown wonders and horrors. Eventually the bully/jealous one of the group is taken or persuaded by an evil temptress to join her side and he could have whatever he wants, as long as he abides by her orders. The boy becomes a hideous beast inside and outside, raping and murdering the temptress' enemies, but he still bears the face of the person he once was, bringing horror to all. Eventually the group sees him again after a very long time; he has had his weekly job and decides to enjoy himself, he finds and sneaks to his old friends' camp, enters into the tent of the girl he could not have, and this picture is taken.
>>
>>18940820
Clarify what you are talking about, determinism and free will have various definitions.
>>
>>18940862
The universe includes our choices, because we are 100% a part of the universe. Blaming everything for everything is a bit silly though.
>>
>>18940926
When you take away the free will element these choices are no longer our own.
>>
>>18940923
Determinism in the physical sense, that everything was determined as soon as the universe existed just because the math has to work out that way.
By extrapolation, we have no control over our fates, but the important kind of free will (that we are free to follow our own internal drives) is still around, we just can't control what we want.
>>
>>18940941
Even if randomness does exist (which I doubt) it is still entirely out of our control.
>>
>>18940947
>(which I doubt)
Why do you doubt that?
>>
>>18940964
Because in order for anything to take place there must be a prior cause.
>>
>>18940820
If determinism is objectively true, then how can there be the uncertainty principle in physics?
>>
>>18940820
Well, in this regard I do have a situation that I would like to expose, hoping to have your opinion. No bragging intention but I do scientific research for living, so, I'm strongly compelled to consider any event or phenomenon in a context of cause and effect. I have been living for quite a while in a foreign country doing what I do and the things were going really well for me during the first three years. However, after that everything started going south really bad, I decide to fight against the adversity changing research subject, working place etc. However seems that every decision that I make heads in the same direction, like if something is telling me to move out of this country. This has been happening for 4 years by now. I resist to believe that my decisions have no effect in the final outcome of my daily life but when a thing that you have been done for years fails by no understandable reason make you think it twice. what do you think about it??
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.