[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth to get in some magic? Does it help you through your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 4_cerere_ARMNIG_10313260855-.jpg (35KB, 386x534px) Image search: [Google]
4_cerere_ARMNIG_10313260855-.jpg
35KB, 386x534px
Is it worth to get in some magic? Does it help you through your life? Is there a SIMPLE way to start with it?
It's not a rp thread btw
>>
Still around OP?

>Is it worth to get in some magic?
Absolutely. When you start your journey, it may be confusing or strange at first; but, eventually, it will change the way you see the world and you will transform yourself.

>Does it help you through your life?
Of course. It empowers you. It may open paths to you that you previously thought were unavailable. You might have some self and world-altering experiences.

>Is there a SIMPLE way to start with it?
As with most daunting tasks, there is always a beginning. It's like with most anything, the more time, effort, and energy you put into it - the more you'll get something out of it.

A simple start is to begin reading and learning about magick. Whenever Ape of Thoth begins another occult thread, you should join in the conversation or start reading through his library. Ask questions and find out if magick is worth it to you.
>>
>>18939685
>>
>>18939973
>It empowers you.
fuck you. name one thing you can do that others people can't.

>>18939809
you can't find your answer here. the thing that they say 'magic' is just being human and flaming colorfull candles.
>>
>>18939993
*"lighting" not flaming.
>>
>>18939993
I'm not claiming to do anything that anybody else cannot. Magick is for everyone; but not everyone unlocks their true or full potential.
>>
>>18939809
>>18940002
do you see that? this is magic and not worth it for your time.

go read a novel. learn art. watch a movie. study for a profession. go outside. talk people. love someone.

these things empower you.
>>
>>18940021
>novel
>art
>movie
>profession
>outside
>people
>love

You can find all of these in the occult and more.
>>
>>18939809
Use sigils.

Make a wish. A reasonable attainable one. "I want wealth" "i want to be happy" etc..

Remove the vowels.

Jam the letters together anyway you please into a symbol. You can be simple or cryptic. Whatever you want.

Then focus on it, and destroy it, then set to your goal.

Ive had quite a few work for me. Ill also add im not fully convinced by magic. But the ritual and belief itself (if it isnt magic) really drives you to focus and put your ear to the ground and start listening for and attacking your goals.
>>
>>18939809
I don't think that magic would really be applicable to your real world issues today. There are significantly simpler ways to solve your problems. If you started using magic it would actually make things harder for you with the way the world is now.
>>
>>18940033
but it's not necessary either
>>
>>18940033
Do they suggest The Stranger from Albert Camus?

or goldberg variations?

or do they help you to type better code?
>>
>>18939993
Magick.
>>18940021
Take your own advice and go do those things someplace else.

As the other anons above recommended check Ape's beginner books. With practice you'll get more and better results. Don't be disheartened if you have trouble at the start, just come back here and explain your process and we'll help work out the kinks. That's the benefit of having a place like this, can easily get advice. Come a long way since the days of solo practicioners.
Just remember that nobody can play guitar their first try, so keep at it.
>>
>>18940053
But ape of Thoth is such an incredible tool
The man lives on /x/ for a reason and it isn't to teach
>>
>>18940053
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJf1ClmzHik

>are you the presenter? omg

you cant do shit.

>>18939809

not worth it op.
>>
>>18940060
Just need the beginners books from his files. "Buckland's Complete Guide to Witchcraft" as well as some of Scott Cunningham's books would be good places to start so you can learn the elemental/herbal/symbolic correspondences and other steps that you'll eventually use in more complicated work. Sigil work and Chaos magick would be other easy starting points too and perhaps easier if you wanted to see results fairly quickly.
>>
>>18939809 (OP)

Nobody but you can decide that. It doesn't help you get through life any differently than anything else does, it simply affords you an *opportunity* to come to terms with and subsequently reshape your perceptions/interactions of/with the world around you. The real work is transcendence, luck/love/whatever else vain materialistic fucks care about is for neophytes and idiots. The simple way is to read one book at a time, Secret Teachings of All Ages by Manly is as good a starting point as any to help you identify your areas of interest, after that just keep reading one book at a time related to your interest.

General books I feel are of benefit to any path are:

Prometheus Rising
The Fourth Way
Complete Golden Dawn~
One Year Manual (Regardie)
Visual Magick
Magick in Theory and Practice
Kali Kaula
Book of Lies
Psychic Self Defense
Astral Dynamics
Low Magick
The Psychic Bible

>>18940053

Don't be one of /those/ people, now. Tacking on an additional k is pretentious, and don't give me that line about Crowley and "differentiating". He did that so he could recognize shallow blowhards who want to be one of the herd instead of being a trailblazer.
>>
File: 8H78vhb.jpg (149KB, 1200x1204px) Image search: [Google]
8H78vhb.jpg
149KB, 1200x1204px
>>18940095
you are trailblazing so good.
>>
>>18940101
Magic* There we go.
>>
>>18939809
Start with meditation. All practical guides will tell you this. Don't get ahead of yourself, build a foundation first.
>>
It is worth it.
In life, you will suffer some sort of mental break. Magic is a system for dealing with that. The first and oldest system.

Most magick has origins in societal concepts. Understanding those concepts helps you plan a life around people.

Tarot is a good step.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.