[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tarot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: download.jpg (79KB, 668x330px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
79KB, 668x330px
Anything interesting i should know about Tarot cards that i can't find about within 2 link of the wiki page?

Don't know anything about them but I've got to design a set
>>
File: tyet.png (13KB, 843x1344px) Image search: [Google]
tyet.png
13KB, 843x1344px
>>18938717

a set is a funny thing......
>>
File: download.jpg (184KB, 600x308px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
184KB, 600x308px
>>18938722
yeah few different versions. I think i will be going with the Major Arcana, cause im not doing more than 22. Occult aesthetic.
>>
And so the flood begins with the fall of the general.
>>
>>18938733
if you're going of an "occult" aesthetic, ensure you understand the context of the symbology of a lot of traditional cards. The world, for example, has a lot of things in it, which should be kept in mind when designing the cards
>>
>>18938744
Just trying to PaperPill myself on the game and how it works now.

Are they used as normal cards like diamonds and such and these people co-oped the cards for readings later on?

Are all these people Larping? I see lot of discrediting other peoples favorite deck of cards.

>>18938741
pls dont speak in riddles
>>
>>18938754
you would need a full deck, but Tarot is the original basis for modern playing card games.
tarot itself originates from a playing card game for old italian men.
the tarot reading thing appeared a while back in gypsy caravans. its efficacy is much debated, the same way the Hasbro-invented Ouija board is.
that shouldn't deter you from making a set of cards for fun. it is still important to understand the reason why a lot of non-modernized decks have a certain, consistent symbology
>>
File: download.jpg (1MB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
1MB, 2000x1333px
>>18938773
Thanks,

was trying to decipher if it meant playing cards as the common set, or the format of paper rectangles.
Will check original and compare them.
>>
>>18938773
>itself originates from a playing card game for old italian men.
Not true.
>>
>>18938754
>>18938741
its not a riddle

he's saying a flood of newcomers who will spam these kind of threads will begin with the fall of /div/ general, which really sucks because I was hoping to see it up

hasn't been up for a bit, rip div gen
>>
>>18938821
>rip div gen
>>
>>18938821

i hope the div gen stays dead
>>
>>18938821
Why did it even die?
>>
>>18938821
srs why did div die? also where do we go for our div needs?
>>
>>18939772
>>18939028
Because they were a roaring dumpster fire of /soc/ tier drama, spam, dox, and broken hearts that the jani got sick and tired of babysitting all day every day.

I mean, the writing was on the wall, that the mods would punish the whole board for the actions of a few spammers, when they blocked the discords.
>>
>>18939785
i cant argue with that the amount of love readings was horrific, looks like ill just have to see my local white witch for this kinda shit now
>>
you can check Book of Thoth by Crowley. Pretty sure it's in the mega, a great book on tarot and descriptions of the cards.
>>
File: RWS_Tarot_00_Fool.jpg (115KB, 746x1302px) Image search: [Google]
RWS_Tarot_00_Fool.jpg
115KB, 746x1302px
Hello! Can I use this thread for a very general question?
How do I get started with tarot? What should I know? Where to get information from?
>>
>>18939862
https://mega.nz/#F!N89xXQyB!c2-6SZdI-mgdVavD4MQL7Q
http://bitcoinshell.mooo.com/users/techemporium/Symbols%20&%20Meanings.pdf
>>
Gist of it is the wands were sticks, metaphors for the sorting sticks the cards used to be. They are held as methods to gain, or tools to be used, or instances of applied knowledge.

Cups are the bladders, the flasks the keeping of the gifts that you find or are surrounded by. Everybody drinks

The pentacles are problems, equations to be solved. In solving then you can master everything, in too many and you'll have nothing but problems. Computer code, respect it.

The sword, the edge the cut. No turning back, choose and be done. No take backsys.

The rest is googleable
>>
>>18939862
Order a deck.

You should know there is no such thing as divination, though tarot will affect anyone you give a reading to.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.