[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mind

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: images (1).jpg (13KB, 250x250px)
images (1).jpg
13KB, 250x250px
What happens when you stop thinking?
>>
You become a being of pure consciousness.
>>
You stop existing
>>
>>18937627
4chan must be the most pure place ever known
>>
>>18937627
true
>>
>>18937622
>What happens when you stop thinking?

What happens when I stop thinking? Usually I will fall asleep and dream.
>>
>>18937622
You open the channels of communication.
>>
Peace is what happens. I wish it was easier for me to do, though.
>>
>>18937622
Dementia.
>>
Peace of mind. I do it when I'm under a lot of stress. I try to chase every thoughts away one by one. It's not easy and last for about a second but it really does help with stress and focusing.
>>
Look up "thought-free awareness"
>>
>>18937640
>i see what you did there
>>
I have 'schizophrenia.' After an extended period of non-thought you can't start thinking in a steady stream again. It removes your emotional reactions to anything and everything but you become steadily more stupid. This is personal experience, don't buy into Buddhism, emotions, even powerfully negative ones are a gift, as are your thoughts.
>>
The crescendo in the middle of A Day in the Life begins and I start thinking before it hits fully
>>
>>18938115
Meditation quiets the monkey mind, which is actually an impediment in intellectual thinking.
>>
My point would be it can easily go too far. You think your breaking through by not thinking for 5min but you've actually lost an I.q point. Exaggerated, but still.
>>
>>18938115
You have misunderstood the purpose of Buddhist practices. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Iwac6Uk-zyk
>>
>>18937622
Not much really, just nothing and then you think again.

It's extremely liberating tough, but takes a lot of time of meditation, unless you really think about nothing, in wich case, bless you cause you are chosen.
>>
>>18938144
No, you haven't. The monkey mind is not intelligent, its the primitive reptilian brain. Only fear, greed, lust and anger ever come out if it. Your prefrontal cortex is the intelligent one, which you empower with meditation. The science is there to prove it for you.
>>
File: images.jpg (14KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
14KB, 443x332px
Zen Buddhism then. And yeah. I don't have a stream of thought. I could explain how it happened but I'd rather casually mention Jaden Smith and say its pic related for those that know.
>>
>>18938191
>I can explain but i won't

xD heh
>>
File: [giggles Orientally].jpg (43KB, 233x233px) Image search: [Google]
[giggles Orientally].jpg
43KB, 233x233px
>>18937640
>>
You just observe in tranquility until something happens, then you react emotionally and respond accordingly.
>>
>>18937622
One becomes the OP.
>>
>>18937622
you already know
keep doing it until the light of your mind shines
>>
>>18937627
> tfw impulses generated by and between neurons in the brain= consciousness
> that face when no more brain= no more electrical impulses= no more consciousness

Or is consciouness something different entirely?
>>
>>18937622
You start Feeling.
>>
>>18939700
Breathe in the OP
Embrace the OP
Become the OP
>>
>>18940072
You're on the right track!
Consciousness is not limited to your physical form however, which is basically what you are suggesting.
It is true that consciousness is compelling those electrical impulses through your body, but your body is not real. The brain is simply the vessel of your mind to perceive the physical illusion.
>>
>>18940072
Consciousness is NOT created by the brain. Everything is actually made of consciousness.
"The nervous system (especially the brain) is the translator between non-physical and physical reality. In other words, it is the translator between pure consciousness and the body as it operates in the physical dimension."
>>
>>18940148
Not that anon, but I agree. The brain would be used to express the mind, but the brain is neither the source of nor identical with the mind that it attempts to convey. It would be more accurate to say that the mind contains the brain than to say the brain contains the mind. The brain, in other words, may not produce religious cognitions and emotions, but instead mediates them. The mediating function of the brain might be one of “straining, sifting, canalizing, limiting, and individualizing that larger mental reality existing behind the scenes
>>
>>18938115
Meditation isn't supposed to eliminate thought process completely, i don't think that's even possible desu. From my understanding, meditation helps you become more aware of the fleeting nature of thoughts and emotions so you only observe them and don't get to attached to them, as a result of this the mind grows calmer and less stressed:)
>>
>>18937622

You start drinking.
>>
>>18940102
>You're on the right track!
Stupid neckbeard faggot. Stop acting like you undoubtedly know this shit. We don't need your fucking teachings.
>>
File: IMG_0587.png (8KB, 238x212px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0587.png
8KB, 238x212px
>>18938063
Consider it kindled my friend
>>
>>18937640
Becuasue is dum? Or what ? Dnt get it why its funny
>>
File: IMG_0585.jpg (28KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0585.jpg
28KB, 225x225px
>>18938158
Keep saying monkey mind if you want to bish that's racist and offensive
>>
>>18937640
hahahahaha so funni and orignal xD
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.