[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Destiny, is it a thing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 4L_CIE8LD8V.jpg (8KB, 297x170px) Image search: [Google]
4L_CIE8LD8V.jpg
8KB, 297x170px
Are we all predetermined to achieve(or not) something in life? Do ww influence things? We can only make 1 choice each time we think or do something, there is no "if i would have done that". Opinions? Also, other theories regarding this are deeply accepted.
>>
>>18936449
What do you think, OP?
>>
Free will is an illusion. Everything from major historical events to minute details of your life has been predetermined.
>>
File: 1492947881454.jpg (94KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1492947881454.jpg
94KB, 640x640px
I think fate is like a video game.

There are some MAJOR quests you have to go through to finish the game and you will. Like, meeting certain people or going through accidents.

But there's also lots of side quests that are optional and have nothing to do with fate. You either do them or you don't.
>>
>>18936449
there is no choice
every situation you get into is a result of your past reacting to the exact circumstances you are in

your brain will and only ever would have done exactly what you did /will do

therefore your destiny isn't so much decided beforehand, it's just completely out of your control

however, whether you believe you have control or not. the results will be exactly the same since any doubt, rethinking, or change you make was what you were going to do anyway
>>
>>18936693
So you believe in a mix of predeterminism, cause-and-effect and free will all at the same time. Is that not a bit contradictory?
>>
>>18936449
I say dont. Only that we are thrown into a cause and effect reality given a choice of how to act and react. There are just too many possibilities.
>>
chaos mathematics; attractors
>>
>>18936712
I disagree. I think your destiny is completely in your control, it just depends whether you're aware of it or not.
>>
>>18936712
The only way to change this is to observe yourself objectively without trying to change anything. It's much much harder than it sounds.

The act of observing your habits and thought patterns changes them in itself.

Then again, this kind of knowledge is likely predetermined to only be available to certain people which lends into fatalist theories.

Starting to think Calvin was right desu.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.