[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nightmares and sleepwalking help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Cosmos.jpg (483KB, 2880x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Cosmos.jpg
483KB, 2880x1800px
Hi /x/. I've been having occasional super-nightmares ever since I was 20. I'm currently 25 and never really gave much of a shit, I just kind of kept on truckin', in a way.
My girlfriend for the past 2 years worries about them because I clench my fists extremely hard when I'm dreaming, and she has been woken up by the sheer loudness of my teeth grinding during some particularly intense moments.

However, for the past 4-6 months I have started waking up in cold sweats, sometimes screaming, but it wears off as soon as I'm awake and fully conscious. My girlfriend says that some nights I mumble and talk in my sleep but it's in total gibberish language that she doesn't recognize at all. She is getting really freaked out at this point and I started seeing a psych who says that she sees no particularly obvious cause for the nightmares and it must be work stress or something on my mind worrying me.

What the fuck is this /x/ am I possessed or some shit? Is some shit talking to/through me in my sleep? I'm not really scared because I've never noticed it when I slept alone and I haven't ever hurt anyone in my room either. I'm just kinda freaked out by how intense these nightmares seem to be but I just wake up completely oblivious to what happened overnight.

I can describe some of my nightmares in greentext if need be, though they get pretty fucking trippy/hazy at some points where it's hard to remember properly.
>>
bump

can no one of you paranoid conspiratards help me with this issue? this shit's troubling my gf and I a lot
>>
>>18935754
Try posting it again champ, im here for entertainment, wish i could help
>>
>>18935754
Everyone enjoys a nice green text so maybe you could summarize your intro and have more space for a brief greentext
>>
since all of you are busy masturbating to alllleiinnss and shit I'm just gonna write my nightmares here in the hopes that someone somewhere will know wtf I'm dreaming about.

this one happened two nights ago.

>I wake up in bed as normal
>get up to go to bathroom
>my feet don't quite touch the floor, wtf
>look down over my knees to see where floor is
>nothing but black void, no floor
>as soon as I see there's no floor the rest of my body falls down as if the bed had been swallowed by the hole
>doesn't quite feel like falling, feels like there's a rope tied to my spine, through the front of my torso, pulling me HARD
>doesn't quite feel like empty blackness either, more like black oil, very slick/slimy, but it kind of flows around me without getting me wet like water. wierd feeling.
>after a while i break through the "bottom" or floor of this fall with a splash and suddenly everything inverts, I'm upside down, rising up out of a lake as if I had reverse-freefalled through the surface of it
this part's a bit hazy, I can't really recall what the lake looks like, but I remember noticing there's no land visible anywhere nearby but still knowing somehow, almost instinctively, that it was a lake and not some ocean or something
>as soon as I fall back down onto the lake the water that I fell through becomes completely solid like black marble
>stand up and start walking in a straight line in what seemed like a random direction
>by random I mean I don't know why but I turn towards a specific point on the horizon to walk towards it
>no idea what I'm walking towards or why, can't even see it on the horizon at all
>cannot stop walking now that I started
>with each step I take I feel the surface of the lake softening and my feet sinking into it like it was clay
If anyone is interested in the rest reply and I'll finish describing it, character limit is 2k and there's a lot more to write but I'm not wasting my time if no one's gonna help me figure this shit out
>>
>>18936111
Nice trips, post more, same guy from before, you said these were intense dreams but i dont see it so far
>>
>>18935754
Looks like night terrors to me. Nothing too terrible in the long run, but it sounds like shit.
>>
>>18936082
>>18936092
since there's someone here at least I'll write out the rest.

continuing from >>18936111

>I start freaking out like a little bitch at this point, sobbing and crying a lot because I can't stop walking
>look down at my feet and watch them slowly sink deeper into what now feels like thick black tar
>the tar sticks to my feet more and more with each step and is creeping up around my feet when they sink in
>the tar going up my ankles feels like fingers wrapping around them and pulling me down
>for visual reference think of venom from spiderman but less sentient, it just spreads in a similar way
this is where shit gets fucked, bear with me because this is where I start waking up and everything gets messy memory-wise
>after a while I'm up to my neck in the tar, it feels like the black oil I fell through again at this point but slightly thicker than before
>i finally stop walking, but I start feeling the black goo coming up around my neck and scalp
>suddenly it becomes super taut like a fucking bungee cord and it snaps my head back so I'm looking straight up at a 90-degree angle
>whiplash makes my head spin, vision blurs
>I don't want to open my eyes but I feel the black ooze covering my head more and more
>as it goes over my ears I can hear what I can only describe as a cacophony of different unidentifiable noises
>it sounds like voices screaming commands/insults at me but they're super distorted and in complete fucking gibberish
>eventually the ooze works its way up to my eyelids, glues itself to them and tries to pry them open slowly
>i resist at first by clenching my eyes but it only tries harder to open them
>eventually my eyelids begin to open very slowly and all I can see is a completely blinding light, almost like TV static
a little bit left now, one more post to type out the rest
>>
>>18936183
>this "TV static" is hard to describe, it's like compiling every black and white movie ever made into a single 10-second video that plays at warp-speed
>blindingly bright white background with black and grey shapes of varying size, shape and transparency moving around at blurring speeds like a timelapse of a timelapse of clouds in the sky
>the screaming gets progressively louder in my ears and I think I start screaming back at them at some point during this "vision", the timing is confusing at this point
>get this feeling like staring into the sun, can feel my eyesockets burning like molten lead was poured into my skull
>wake up screaming with my gf asking if I'm okay and that I was sobbing, then speaking gibberish before I woke up

So what the fuck do you guys make of this. Am I crazy? autistic? stressed? possessed or some shit? Please help.
>>
>>18936206
FWIW, I am not at all subjected to extreme stress during my day. I'm 25, smoke weed liberally, take LSD maybe twice a year tops (NEVER had anything even close to a bad trip even on full-tab doses). I have a loving girlfriend and a job that I enjoy doing. Zero financial stress. Never had serious psych issues outside of a depressed period in high school which led me to 4chan. This is all why I doubt it's stress-related, because I live a pretty stress-free life. I even started doing Kung-fu 5 days a week as of 2 years ago since I wasn't getting much exercise but also wanted to learn some meditative qi gong/ tai chi stuff along with the physical part, and that shit helped me a LOT with some slight social anxiety issues I had at college.
>>
>>18936166
I read up on night terrors and they are the ones that sound the closest to my experience, but I've never had them before in my life and the dreams just feel absolutely fucking real right up until the exact nanosecond that I wake up. As soon as I'm up and conscious it's like everything from the dream instantly slips away into memory. night terrors seem to still carry on for a bit after you wake up, which isn't the case here.
>>
and so my story and request for help will sink to the bottom and go unanswered...
I will watch this thread for an hour or so if anyone wants to hear a different nightmare I had.
If no replies past this point I guess fuck it I'll just deal with the occasional sleepless night like I have so far. I just wish I could get some god damn answers because none of this bullshit makes sense to me, it just scares me beyond reason in a way I'm not used to daily.
>>
File: OP's dreams.jpg (318KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
OP's dreams.jpg
318KB, 1440x1080px
>>18936326
>some say dreams are a link to another world
>some say dreams can show you your future
>some say dreams can show you the way you died in a previous life
>some say dreams are a message from a higher being

Tbh dreams are the unknown, but i can tell you if it worries you and your gf that much, see a expert
Good luck
if you have more problems, post more
>>
Get here to record you and listen to your mumblings
>>
>>18935754
(110:5.4) While their mortal hosts are asleep, the Adjusters try to register their creations in the higher levels of the material mind, and some of your grotesque dreams indicate their failure to make efficient contact. The absurdities of dream life not only testify to pressure of unexpressed emotions but also bear witness to the horrible distortion of the representations of the spiritual concepts presented by the Adjusters. Your own passions, urges, and other innate tendencies translate themselves into the picture and substitute their unexpressed desires for the divine messages which the indwellers are endeavoring to put into the psychic records during unconscious sleep.
>>
>>18935754
Try wearing gloves when you sleep. And try sleeping with your hands open, and switch and sleep with your hands closed even if you have to tape them shut, one of those should help, and one should make it worse. You'll obviously know which is which.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.