[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Christianity, Freemasons, and the Mystery Cult of Mithras

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: 320px-MithraReliefvert.jpg (72KB, 320x599px) Image search: [Google]
320px-MithraReliefvert.jpg
72KB, 320x599px
Is Christianity just a scheme cooked up by Freemasons, who are actually the modern incarnation of the mystery cult of Mithras, tracing their lineage all the way back to Ancient Rome?

>mithraism is a fraternal mystery cult in ancient rome, devoted to the sun god mithras
>secret handshakes, solar symbolism, degrees of advancement are similar to what appears to be known about modern day freemasonry
>christianity owes it rise largely to the rise of mystery cults and their influence that eventually included generals and emperors of rome
>all these (((coincidences)))

Are there any spicy conspiracy theory books/links/communities about Christianity being an extension of Masonic (aka the Cult of Mithras) inventions?
>>
File: xr1tnfD.jpg (26KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
xr1tnfD.jpg
26KB, 225x225px
>>18934703
>>
>>18934705
>>18934710
>>18934712
>>18934716
god dammit reeeeeeeee
>>
>>18934720
Seriously, I don't get what's supposed to be spooky about pineapples and gibberish
>>
>>18934703
Well the gnostic Christians were an early offshoot of Christianity which was ruthlessly destroyed by the Roman Church. So if two groups with a very common origin will make total war with each other, acting indistinguishable from two totally unrelated groups, what's the difference? We know the p2 lodge was involved in assassination of the pope, and an earlier pope banned masonry all together in the 18th century. So even if they have a common core, they don't get along so it's hard to consider them one entity in any real sense.
>>
>>18934783
Well, pinneaples are a tropical fruit, tropics are very warm places where people go to party, there's only heat there, so imagine being told gibberish non stop under all the heat.
>>
>>18934877
Fair enough but it's really an issue of confidentiality. It could be that these seeming conflicts between the church and Freemasonry are 1) interactions between various factions that are not understood by outsiders and/or 2) intentional manipulation of information.

t.b.h. I just made this thread to read some hot conspiracies and I don't actually really purport to ever know if such a thing is possible because if somehow Freemasons are actually a long line of Mithraism and Christianity is their invention, I doubt some random faggot on /x/ such as myself is going to crack the case. It's fun to make ironic speculations though, especially since so much of the history is related in such a way that it could make a great X-Files episode.
>>
jews are behind everything.
>>
>>18934921
no, as we can see ITT, it's actually the (((ancient romans))). jews are a freemason (cult of mithras) construct.
>>
Well here's a good conspiracy for you guys. Where did the Romans come from? They were absolutely adamant that rome was founded in 750 bc. They never admitted to being etruscan and even seemed to gloss over the time they were ruled by them. Later they insisted they were founded by descendants of Aeneas of troy, but that would leave hundreds of years unaccounted for between troys destruction and Romes founding. So where did the people who came to dominate the ancient world come from?
>>
>>18934951
I have wondered such a thing too, it's actually a fairly decent conspiracy theory considering Etruscans are still mysterious, their language isn't even very well understood but somehow they were a major player and influence on the Roman Empire? Pretty weird that such a relatively important civilization has no explanation, meanwhile all kinds of bullshit non-civs are fastidiously documented.

Although I don't recall any specific Roman denial of Etruscan influence, that part really could just be due to poor documentation.
>>
>>18934703
But Mithras and Sol Invictus were opposed to Christianity. They were literal heathens. They worshipped nature, literal sun cults.
>>
>>18935020
freemasonry is a literal sun cult and christianity was the equivalent of a mystery cult competing with other mystery cults, so the idea is that christianity is a ploy pulled by the freemason mystery cult of mithras and that all the "conflicts" you know between such entities are just your incorrect historiography given to you by (((interpreters))) of events. what really happens and what people think happens can be two different things, but more importantly, what really happens and what the narrative says happens are *very often* two different things shrouded in insular politics
>>
>>18935034
>freemasonry is a literal sun cult
Dude, just no.
>>
File: Pineapple_and mangoes_in Pompei.png (267KB, 676x450px) Image search: [Google]
Pineapple_and mangoes_in Pompei.png
267KB, 676x450px
>>18934783
Romans loved pineapples.
>>
>>18935034
>>18935098
Christianity is a literal sun cult
>>
>>18934703
>Is Christianity just a scheme cooked up by Freemasons, who are actually the modern incarnation of the mystery cult of Mithras, tracing their lineage all the way back to Ancient Rome?

No, that is specifically the Russian Orthodox church. Otherwise, you reference a jewish diaspora with messianic belief systems during the punic wars.

You are scared of the North-Central Asian human sacrifice cults that were active in Turkey- which is the only place where Roman Mithraism was a real religion separate from Roman polytheism.
>>
>>18936043
*Son
>>
>>18934703

Eh. Mason here. As best as we can tell, because the actual records are lost to history, we're just descended from literal stonemasons and their craft guilds. I have looked into stuff like being descended from Western Mystery schools, but there's very little that's conclusive to that. Masonic ritual is super esoteric, but that is very much an innovation of only the past couple of centuries.

>>18934918

I mean, it's definitely an interesting theory! Unfortunately (or fortunately?), if there is Mithraic influence, it would be after the fact.

>>18934951

Actually, they all disagree on the year. The date is certain (April 21) because it was a festival day, but not the year. My understanding is that Rome had already existed as a coalition of small villages & towns, and that they used that festival day to go forwards as some sort of official Franken-city.

>>18935034

Sauce on this? It would be very surprising to me as a Mason to learn that it's a Sun cult, especially since there's much of the material that is thinly veiled Christian dogma.
>>
File: based terry.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
based terry.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
>>18937265
>what they want you to believe

suffer not the CIA nigger to live
>>
>>18937305

bruh if the CIA is involved, get me out. I'm fairly certain that either they or LBJ killed JFK. Or both.
>>
>>18937265
I should have clarified. Most of the Roman historians put it at around 756-750 b.c. modern historians may differ wildly.
On a side note, is it worth it to join the lodge? My dad was one but I only asked him once about it and he died shortly after.(health related)
>>
>>18938275
>is it worth it to join the lodge?
That's up to you. For most, i'd say no, because they don't need it, or the average lodge isn't suited to them.
>>
>>18938275

(guy you replied to here)

I would say probably yes. If you meet the basic requirements (male, legal adult, believe in God), it's pretty easy to join - you just have to ask for a petition. I'm a younger guy and I have really enjoyed this journey so far. It's super geeky at times, hilarious at others, filled with quiet, solemn moments, and ocassionally punctuated with over-the-top crazy shit.
>>
>>18939901
Do you have to be rich? I'm quite impoverished but I do fit the other requirements you mentioned.
>>
>>18934703
No, but Christianity is a sick ' joke ' invented by roman elite 'back in the days'.

Read classic roman and Greek literature. It's like reading the Bible, but with more humor, sense and realism. Also they never claimed is was more then mere stories. Christianity is poison. Roman and Greek literature just entertainment and wise lessons.
>>
>>18946089
what utter trash. Read Tacitus and Celsus, you numbnuts.
>>
>>18934703
there are many such books, and most if not all are total rubbish. Much like the bible or the masonic propaganda, in fact.
>>
File: AHSC_ORPHANS_1071314235.jpg (90KB, 1024x370px) Image search: [Google]
AHSC_ORPHANS_1071314235.jpg
90KB, 1024x370px
Nope. While Christianity's Jewish substrate was deeply influenced by Platonism, Zoroastrianism, and various tropes of Greek mythology, it was fundamentally a new religion when it began in the early-mid 1st Century CE. Rather than being a rebranded copy of a preexisting one. Freemasons had nothing to do with it.

For over a century beforehand, Greeks and other Gentiles had become interested in the mysterious monotheistic religion of the Jews, as Alexander's conquests had made the Mediterranean into a sort of 'global village' of its day. Ideas met, merged, split, and reacted. Prior to Jesus, the most successful movements were the Godfearers, who were Gentiles who worshipped the Jewish deity, but without being circumcised and properly converted to Judaism, which left them only bound by the Seven Laws of Noah, rather than the hundreds of laws of the Torah. On the other side of the coin were the Hellenised Jews, who kept their monotheism, but began to understand it in terms of Greek philosophy. They still met in synagogues, but now they were filled with sculptures and icons of Biblical figures, with some of them allegedly even having sculptedd depictions of God in human form. But then, in ~30 CE, one particular synthesis of Judaica and Hellenism particularly hit a nerve for whatever reason. Jesus began it in his short life, and Sts Peter & Paul and their students made it a worldwide phenomenon.

Sauce: I'm a former Catholic seminarian who aspired to join the Society of Jesus.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.