[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if God doesn't think?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 1484081439243.jpg (82KB, 728x701px) Image search: [Google]
1484081439243.jpg
82KB, 728x701px
What if God doesn't think?
>>
what about it
>>
>>18934376
What if you make the sun rise every morning the same way you make your heart beat?

you just do it
>>
>>18934376
Embrace the uncreated light, my friend. Allow it to purge you of any impurities you hold deep within your heart so that one day you may be reunited with your Creator.
>>
>>18934376

starting out, what are you? you are the absence of everything that is not you. However you only know you because of what is not you, which makes it part of you as you would not be you without it, just as up would not be up without a down, there would be no black without white, etc. Now God is everything, he is the matter and the space between it. God is the black and the white. You are god, but god isn't you, if that makes sense. Like, you are atoms, but atoms aren't you. God thinks only in the sense that the pieces that make up god have such complicated natural tendencies that they are able to reflect on their own existence
>>
>>18934436
I'm glad I stayed up until 3am just to read your comment. Thank you stranger.
>>
>>18934445
Everything in the world is defined by what it is not, but god is the idea of something without an opposite or anything that is not god. It's like existence. There is nothing that does not exist and no way to quantify existence. Even abstract ideas exist in the sense that they existed as ideas. You can say god is existence, and although existence does not think as we do, it has tendencies and processes, such as gravity, mathematics, and logic that are allow more complex processes to take place. We are like the neurons of the existence.
>>
>>18934445
thank you for reminding me i'm human
>>
>>18934413
Thanks Alan Watts
>>
>>18934376
You'd have to wonder what he was thinking making conscious entities as spiritually deprived and idiotic as ourselves.
>>
>>18934465
I agree.
I think God is existence itself.

I think God is actually the IDEA of existence.
The Idea of existence applies to itself, and is applied by(informed by) itself. The process goes both ways infinitely.

This next bit is a visualization. Imagine an the idea of substance as a square. It produces another idea forwardly which it contains, yet it is also it's interior is being impressed upon by the idea of existence. These ideas are all connected in a chain.

Next, all of the ideas are both within each idea and contain each idea.

An interesting concept of infinite substance, in the vein of Whitehead.
>>
>>18934515
In order for the idea of existence to apply to itself, the idea of existence would have to be existence itself, which i don't believe is the case. I don't think our ideas contain any substance outside of their inhabitant. Ideas may become tangible objects outside of the mind they inhabit, due to our will to create things we imagine, but I can't think about something and make it appear simply because it was a thought. The idea of existence is interesting though because it can have a recursive quality to it, i.e. I think about existence, which contains me thinking about existence, etc, but it's within the context of thought. Whats more is that we have an idea of existence because we know what exists, but because we don't know anything other than existence, we can't truly know existence. I can see an ocean and know it's an ocean because i know what isn't an ocean, but existence is all encompassing. It would be like trying to look at your own eye, or imagining what it would be like to not be able to imagine. I guess death is the closest we can ever get to understanding existence, and by proxy, god.
>>
>>18934538
Oh I didn't mean a concept or thought form, I mean as a pure ordering. Order itself.
Imagine substance as being a real thing, but functioning as ideas function. Ideas apply phenomena. I best understand the manifestation of ideas, as manifestations of moral principles. Existential idealism. The ideals you uphold should be made physical in the way you behave.

Substance is an idea which would apply to itself and be informed (or be given its order) by itself. Giving it a sort of self-perfection as far as ideas go.
>>
WHAT IF GOD WAS ONE OF US
JUST A SLOB LIKE ONE OF US
>>
>>18936818
just a stranger on a bus
>>
>>18936824
On his way home.
>>
God exists. We exist within his creation. God cannot receive corruption, so he has children to do it for him. He lives the events you live. He lives your fears, hate, anger, abuse, happiness, marriage, sex, all of it. That's how he knows your life. He wants to relieve you, and heal you from this difficult test that is life.
He's all forgiving, kind, wonderful, patient, probity.
>>
>>18934507
*spiritually depraved
There, fixed it for ya!
>>
>>18934436
>there would be no black without white
There literally would be. In the absence of light everything is black. Ha I know what you meant though
>>
>>18934413
This. God is a solipsist, but He reacts to the mortal realm.
>>
>>18934504
Lol.
>>
>>18936895
>God cannot receive corruption
>Book of Job is literally about Satan egging him on to be a sadist just to prove a point.
>>
>>18937011

Satan believes Jobs would be evil if he wasn't so blessed so God allows Satan to hurt Jobs as long as he doesn't kill him. Jobs stays good and God returns what he lost and more.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.