[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone here have any experience with voodoo, hoodoo, root

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: mojo_rootwork.jpg (75KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
mojo_rootwork.jpg
75KB, 640x480px
Does anyone here have any experience with voodoo, hoodoo, root working, etc? Curious on what /x/ thinks of voodoo.
>>
>>18933615
Saw a brazilian version of it.

Their saint it's a little brown kid in colonial clothes.

A lady ended with her face burned that day, shit's wild.
>>
>>18933633
In person or a video?
>>
>>18933615
none of my own, but i can share what my Dad told me of his experience with Bahamian Voodoo
>>
>>18933675
I'd love to hear about it
>>
File: coffeencake.jpg (65KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
coffeencake.jpg
65KB, 400x300px
There used to be a person on here that knew a lot about hoodoo. There are some books in the occult library. Hoodoo-Conjuration-Witchcraft-Rootwork I think it's called. It's mostly interviews.

Hoodoo is comfy magick.
>>
>>18933704
Thanks for the suggestion, if this is the book you're talking about.

https://archive.org/details/HoodooConjurationWItchcraftRootwork
>>
>>18933765
Yup. It's a good read. You can't take it all to heart, but it's a good read. Gives you a feel for the culture of it while being plenty entertaining. I would buy a copy but they run about 1k on ebay per volume.
>>
>>18933678
sorry was in another thread. My dad lived on AUTEC, basically our Caribbean submarine base (i think AUTEC stands for something like Advanced Undersea Warfare something or other, they do lots of research there) and he was blonde, blue eyed, which is the image of the devil to the bahamian culture. people would come up and pat him on the head, supposedly a show to god that they would stand by him and fight the evil. My dad said after a while he got mad about it, then shit started getting weird, lights would turn on and off, doors would slam, open, slam, open, slam repeatedly, and he started having dreams about a woman with pale green skin, ginger hair, but was obviously a Bahamian, she would whisper things to him in his dream, and he started hearing her voice when he walked around town. that is the description of a Witch doctor to bahamians. it escalated, my dad said things would fly at him and doors wouldn't open when he wanted them too. thats as much as I know happened to him, but fast forward to when he was 24, he was in jail cause he had gotten in a bar fight or something, and he was talking to this kid, looked a lot like him, and found out this guy had lived on Autec 5 years later, and 5 years younger than my dad. my dad would have been 15-16ish, oddly enough, the last time he dreamed about the Witch Doctor, which is when the younger guy moved there. The exact same thing happened to the younger guy after he got mad at a bahamian for doing the same things they did to my dad. scary stuff. DO NOT FUCK WITH VOODOO
>>
>>18933882
Pretty spooky stuff. Not surprising that they would see a white man as the devil.
>>
>>18933654
In person, nother of a friend was from Brazil I can't recall the practice name tough but involved drums and chicken blood.
>>
>>18933965
How did a woman end up with her face burned? Was it an accident or purposeful?
>>
>>18933979
There was a ceremony that involved a ceramic plate with something in it, I believe it was gunpowder or something flammable.

She was nervous and dropped the plate that fall into the dozens of candles, she ended with her face burned, everyone tought she was cursed or something.
>>
>>18933615
you remind me of the man
>>
>>18934027
The Man as in the government or some other mysterious man?
>>
>>18934051

I believe he's referring to the man with the power.
>>
>>18934051
the man with the power
>>
>>18934066
>>18934069
What power?
>>
>>18934082
the power of voodoo
>>
>>18934100
who do?
>>
>>18934109
you do
>>
idk if this is related but i have been hearing about taulpas. Could I get some clarity on the subject?
>>
>>18934126
You mean tulpas? From what i know, they're what are called thoughtforms. They are basically beings that exist in your mind that you create by meditating on them or something like that. I think they come from a buddhist tradition, not very related to voodoo.
>>
>>18934142
ahhhhh ok. Well I will take my business elsewhere
>>
>>18933925
Hell no it ain't surprising
>>
>>18934109
>>18934112
Samefag 2.0
>>
>>18934151
Bye Felicia
>>
>>18934151

Please do. If there was a single topic that could be pinned as pulling /x/ even further into being a containment board, it's tulpas.
>>
File: disappoint.gif (85KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
disappoint.gif
85KB, 480x600px
>>18934156
>MFW next to noone knows that saying
>>
>>18934177
It means you are the same person posting and replying to their own post
>>
>>18934274
It means the OP caught on and decided to play along.
>>
>>18934274
i wasn't talking about what you sai, and it wasn't me replying tomyself either
>>
>>18934177
>>18934289
you are fucking stupid if you think everyone and their mother hasnt seen labyrinth bruh.
>>
File: DSC05557[1].jpg (136KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
DSC05557[1].jpg
136KB, 640x480px
I always found hoodoo (not so much voodoo) fascinating. I grew up in Georgia, and never knew it was around me. Lots of people practice, some not even knowing it. A lot of hoodoo is superstition or tradition. About a year ago I found a lot few news from my city showing it was around. That's real occult *hidden* magick practices because I never knew and the way churches are down south I don't think you would want many people to know. Another book worth reading if you want to read is "secrets of the psalms" which takes the psalms book of the bible and uses it's citations for spellwork.

Best copy I could find if the link works, if not I just googled it "secret of psalms pdf".

http://www.radiantlunatic.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Godfrey-Selig-Secrets-of-the-Psalms.pdf
>>
>>18933615
what about loodoo and shmoodoo?
>>
>>18933704

Hoodoo is super comfy!

It is important to note that a large portion of practitioners consider themselves Christian and that hoodoo is sometimes thought of or described as "Christian folk-magic" but is a lovely admixture of many European, Kabbalistic, Hindu, Buddhist and Taoist influences originating in 19th century (or earlier) and transformed by African Americans in earlier America as a unique and from my experience and upbringing, effective magical system.

Vodou, simply meaning spirit or God, is a West African and Haitian religion which sees the loa as deities who are petitioned for guidance in everyday life. You will sometimes see the loa appear by certain names in hoodoo but they are not considered deities in this practice.

I do not practice or know much about New Orleans Voodoo, but from my limited understanding does not have much cultural or social roots in traditional African, African-American, or Haitian religions.
>>
>>18936473
>>18936473

Also Hyatt's book is indeed excellent as is Secrets of the Psalms!
>>
Baron Samedi approves this thread and has jokes for you
>>
>>18935206
>http://www.radiantlunatic.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Godfrey-Selig-Secrets-of-the-Psalms.pdf

Thanks, if the OMG thread comes back up, then I will ask them to put this one in the library.

I'll contact the author meanwhile in either case.
>>
>>18935206
On second thought, the work is public domain.
>>
http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodooataglance.html

Good herbal correspondences for those interested in creating mojo bags, gris gris, nation sacks, jack balls, sachets, etc!
>>
File: 1393104270351.gif (602KB, 260x146px) Image search: [Google]
1393104270351.gif
602KB, 260x146px
Three days ago someone, I believe an anon online, cursed me.
It was a curse of hell.
I don't understand how it got through to me as I have protective charms, yet the curse ruined me for one day.
I am glad I survived it. I don't know what to do after that, I can only surmise it was a revenge attack due him/her seeing my inflammatory posts.
Hell is real. I felt it. One second seemed like an hour. Debilitating unfathomable pain.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.