[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The ASATRU PILL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

So X recently I have gotten into The Rune Poems and Eddas as well as Beowulf. It's important to realize that even though Beowulf was recorded by Anglo Saxons, the saga took place in Scandinavia. If you put what's in Beowulf together with what is in the Eddas it becomes clear what the giants(Jotun) mentioned in the eddas are.

The giants/jotun were another race of white europeans that were exterminated by the aesir, The jotun sometimes interpred with the other whites but the Jotun were closer to savage. They were the less civilized version. The giants were also berserkers. The viking berserkers were either part jotun or they were imitating the culture of the giants/jotun.

Its very important for every nordic person to read or listen to beowulf and study the eddas. A neglected aspect of nordic culture is the Irish mythology. The most important one to read is the cattle raid of cooley, sometimes called the tain. The main character Cu Chulainn is a Irish berserker warrior. The gods of the Irish: the dagda(an ancient king), lugh, the fianna... they were all the giants of norse mythology.

Ireland was a sanctuary for the jotun races who were persecuted in scandinavia. This is why Irish people are "the other nordic people". Those of us who are members of the nordic races we need to establish or own bible. A norse heathen bible but that incorporates the wisdom of both the nordic jotun/giant races as well as the nordic aesir races.

The norse heathen bible should include: Havamal, other stories from the eddas, beowulf, the cattle raid of cooley, and it should include collected proverbs and sayings of the nordic races.

Seeing as the nordic people are dwindling in the world I think its important that the jotun and the aesir make peace. If you are a nordic person it doesn't matter if you are a jotun or an aesir. We need to make peace among our kind in order to survive the race war against the nordic people.
>>
we prefer the term celts now

and we are by no means "giant"
>>
>>18933288
The giants were not all giant. It is just the way the name of their race came to be translated.
>>
File: Captura de pantalla (678).png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Captura de pantalla (678).png
1MB, 1366x768px
For a long time I read about the sagas, the Eddas and everything related to this topic and norse mythology. I must confess I started as a 'Pagan-LARPing-Amon Amarth listener-Odinn praying-Viking wannabe' like many others.But after I started reading analysis and going deeper into the animistic religion and pantheistic life view of the ancient norse and germanic people I came to understand much better all the religion and stories of the Eddas. You can ask me anything, I love talking about this. I studied linguistics and philology and know a lot about this. Nothing in the sagas and Eddas can be taken in an absolute literal way, every god, creature and element is a representation of an animistic force or a pantheistic entity that may be interpreted as a deity. The jotun are a symbol of chaos. They represent the chaos that ruled the cosmos before the natural cycle of life started. They represent forces that are necessary but intend to turn the Earth back to chaos, (that's Ragnarok)
>>
>>18934308
I've heard multiple times now that ragnarok is more like the circle of the year than the real apocalypse. What are your thoughts on that?
>>
From one Northern German to another: What are the best German language books and the best translations of scandinavic texts to start with?
>>
No one cares you dumb ass cracker
>>
>>18933258
>The giants/jotun were another race of white europeans
Also, there is a theory which says that European Gods were glorified warriors and then they "became" gods.
>>
>>18935258
Not only warriors though, priests too. Odin was the first rune master.
>>
>>18935258
Maybe Walhalla and the Einherjer was also just a way to describe the fallen heroes which died in battle and where after that glorified in the poetry and songs from their clan and by that making them "immortal" or atleast put them into another sphere than the people who died the regular way.
>>
>>18933258
What about Scotland? The Picts were Celtic.
>>
>>18933258
>The giants/jotun were another race of white europeans that were exterminated by the aesir,
>Ireland was a sanctuary for the jotun races who were persecuted in scandinavia.

I'm surprised you didn't make the next connection.

>Ireland has a preponderance of red hair
>red hair is a genetic trait interbred into homo sapiens from Neanderthals
>Neanderthals were a European race of hominids that were smarter, larger, and stronger than homo sapiens of the time

Also, why should the collection of Norse mythology and culture be called "bible?" I think it's preferrable to keep "The Eddas" as the overarching name for the collection. Something like The Greater Eddas; you'd have the Elder, the Younger, and maybe the Outer Eddas or something.
>>
>>18934308
what do you think about Shinto?

what do you think is important or valuable about animism/ pantheism?
>>
OP is a crosspostinf delusional faggot.
>>
File: Captura de pantalla (680).png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Captura de pantalla (680).png
2MB, 1366x768px
>>18935229
Sorry for the delay. For what I've read and studied it can be interpreted like that, the whole cycle of the stories of the gods, since The Creation, The Death of Baldr and Ragnarok, is a representation of the natural cycle of things, since life itself to the cycle of seasons and even day to night. The jotun are a symbol of the natural forces that bring winter, night, even death and every being on this world follows a cycle that can be represented by these stories and characters. Another important thing is the fact that the whole Creation to Destruction of the cosmos is not a cycle with and end and a beginning, it's more like a process that repeats itself over and over, after Ragnarok, comes a new beginning, a new Ginnungagap. The natural spirits and life itself keeps going on.
>>
File: Captura de pantalla (673).png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Captura de pantalla (673).png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>18935625
I don't know enough about Shinto to give a proper opinion. But concerning the animistic and pantheistic view of life that the germanic peoples had back then, I can absolutely say that first of all: It's an absolutely beautiful way to see life and nature, and also very important for people in general. Even today, many people practice this kind of paganism. Some don't even recognize the existence of gods but still consider everything as "sacred" and believe in the forces of nature. Second: Those practices are valuable to understand the actual teachings of the Eddas and the life of the ancient germanic peoples and we can even apply all of those teachings to our everyday lives. Respecting nature and being able to understand that nature is a force that has a direct impact on all of us. There's no need to believe in gods per se. But more in the representation of this forces as something that goes beyond what we can actually see or feel.
>>
Mother was a nigger father was a faggot
>>
>>18934308
what do you think about the epic story of the sexual battle between Jan Jassonian and the Yessenias tribu? puto I've read a lot about that shit.
>>
>>18937191
Which is why the Midgard serpent is an ouroboros, correct? Because the Norse believed in eternal recurrence?

I'm also very curious how closely Asatru groups follow Norse beliefs, or if they're just Varg-inspired LARPers.
>>
what are some good resources to get deeper into this sort of stuff. Im dying to know more about celtic and norse culture but everything I find is either really basic or hard to understand how it relates to the greater beliefs.
>>
File: Captura de pantalla (675).png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Captura de pantalla (675).png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>18937783
That's correct. The Norse believed in an eternal cycle that repeats itself and everything and everyone is involved in that cycle. Fate is something achieved by the actions of every being that is alive. And not even death means the end of the cycle. A dead body gives life and food to other animals and the soil itself, so it's neverending.

I've read a lot about many of these groups and to be honest, most of them are just viking-metal enthusiasts that believe they will someday reach Valhalla (despite the fact they have never and may never go to war or even hold a sword) and yes, most of them can be considered as LARPers that believe in actual bearded gods with hammers and spears that live in the sky.Most of them were christians before,so their christian beliefs survive in that sense. But some others actually understand the message of the Eddas and the real nature of the "deities" and they follow the Norse beliefs by honouring their dead ancestors, trying to preserve the traditions and knowledge of old and being respectful towards nature and their blood and heritage. Btw, Varg has actually made clear that he believes in the animistic-pantheistic nature of the deities, not in actual "gods". Still many people misunderstand his words. To the guy's credit, much of what he says corresponds to the correct "pagan" beliefs I've been talking about.
>>
To everyone asking for a good place to start and a reliable source to understand and get to know more about Norse Mythology, this is a great tool:

>norse-mythology.org

It's an awesome site, full of information that is easy to understand and very explicative.

Also Jackson Crawford's youtube channel is full of very interesting material:

>https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXCxNFxw6iq-Mh4uIjYvufg

He is an expert and his videos are long but very interesting.
>>
>>18937955
As a northern European it feels awfully silly to learn about norse mythology from a legitimate cowboy.
>>
>>18937191
Thanks for answering.

What are your thoughts on this?: >>18935528
>>
>>18938238
Maybe if you guys weren't so wrapped up in milquetoast white guilt self-loathing you'd be able to find a Scandinavian source focusing on their own heritage.
>>
Jotunheim = realm of fire giants
Irish = originally/mostly gingers

... not trolling, it makes kind of sense if you think about it...
>>
>>18934308
too bad people think that only niggers from egypt knew this with the ogdoad and ennead, fuck them
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.