[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

afterlife general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 12

File: 1479778909611.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1479778909611.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
hey guys, i think i'm gonna die pretty soon so i just wanted to know what i can expect when i'm gone, so what do you guys think happens after you die? if anything happens at all that is.
>>
You experience what you believe you will experience
>>
>>18931991
aka a neverending dream/nightmare depending if you ''go to heaven or hell'' is that what you mean?
>>
>>18931986
when you die, if you have a soul, you will float up from your body to a new realm. there will be a figure there that will want to guide you through a tunnel of light to ‘paradise’. this is a lie. ignore the figure and will yourself upwards. look for a hole in the firmament and go through it. if the figure is pushy tell them you are a sovereign soul and they have no right to interfere with your path. gl
>>
>>18931986
If someone says they know what happens after death they are either lying or delusioned. No living man knows bro.
>>
>>18931986
Imagine sleeping forever without dreaming. Basically that.
>>
>>18932187
some people who have experienced clinical death have moreless the same story. nobody knows 100% youre right, but we can argue about it using the information provided from the above mentioned people who had clinical death
>>
>>18932187
i know but.. i'm just really curious and scared at the same time
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (28KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
28KB, 1280x720px
>>18932193
>>
>>18932197
Fair enough. But be aware this also varies from culture to culture. There is often a guide, but this also may not be completely correct.

I will say that if you look at the way the brain works..the conscious part of oneself, can vary wildly with your brain chemistry. That part will die, but then again, are you the same person you were when you were young? In a lot of ways your died have been resurrected more than once already.
>>
>>18932174
holy shit kek
>>
Death is a choice, not a certainty. I've personally seen ghosts, as have multiple credible witnesses, and am convinced we live in a multi-dimensional universe. I know God exists, I know an afterlife exists.
>>
>>18931986
The Temporal part of your Consciousness no longer has a physical Anchor and floats freely. You should meditate before you die so you are prepared and removed from your self.
>>
>>18932430
except ghosts aren't dead people
it's simply seeing through the veil of non linear time
you are seeing someone who was in that spot at another time
>>
I think you should get a second opinion...
>>
>>18932193
this minus the "without dreaming" part
>>
>>18932665
[Citation needed]
>>
>>18932665
http://www.theosociety.org/pasadena/sunrise/30-80-1/dea-gedp.htm
Sleep and death are brothers, according to the old Greek proverb. However, they are not merely brothers, born of the same fabric of human consciousness, but are in all verity one, identical. Death is a perfect sleep, with its interim awakenings of a kind, such as in the devachan [heaven-world], and a full human awakening in the succeeding reincarnation. Sleep is an imperfect fulfillment of death, nature's prophecy of the future death. Nightly we sleep, and therefore nightly we partially die. Indeed, one may go still farther and say that sleep and death and all the various processes and realizations of initiation are but different phases or operations of consciousness, varied forms of the same fundamental thing. Sleep is largely an automatic functioning of the human consciousness; death is the same, but in immensely greater degree, and is a necessary habit of the consciousness in order that it may gain for the psychological part of the constitution a resting and an assimilation of experience.

Anyone who has stood at the bedside of one who is dying must have been strongly impressed with the extraordinary similitude between the coming of death and going to sleep. The sole distinction between death and sleep is one of degree. Precisely as in death, the consciousness during sleep becomes, following upon a brief period of complete unconsciousness, the seat or active focus of forms of inner mental activity which we call dreams.

In sleep, the psychological or personal part of man is non-manifesting through the physical brain; in point of fact, it is this absence, this temporary disjunction of the intermediate nature which is the efficient cause of sleep. The body sleeps because the personal man is no longer there. When we go to sleep at night, we slip into a state of complete unconsciousness only because we have not yet learned during the daytime to become self-conscious in the higher parts of us.
>>
>>18932217
>are you the same person you were when you were young?
Different anon here, but yes, I am the same person I was before. I refuse to give up my identity. If I did, I might as well be dead anyway.
>>
>>18932473
There's far more evidence that it really is a dead person than there is for this theory.
>>
>>18934449
>I am the same person I was before. I refuse to give up my identity

I learn something new each day.
I gain new experiences each day.
I create something new each day, be it only a 4chan post.
My environment changes, so I need to adapt myself.
With each bit of knowledge and experience writing itself into my brain network, I change my worldview, my view of others, my view of myself, a little tiny bit into whatever direction. Each day.
Tiny changes over a long time add up to big changes.

When did you stop to develop yourself? That day, you decided to be dead anyway.
>>
It depends how you die/ kill yourself whatever you do in this life. Thats how your body will be in the after life
>>
>>18931986
what are you dying of anon?
>>
I just hope no one in the afterlife judges me for killing myself. If they didn't want me to do it, they should have done something to help before it became too late.
>>
>>18934516
They'll not just judge you, but the sentence will be executed instantly, being that you'll feel the pain of everyone you left behind for as long as they live while you wander around in the darkness between two worlds in shame and regret.

You who so eagerly wants to go to sleep forever, will not have an instant of rest.
>>
>>18934961
This is bullshit. How could YOU even feel if you're not really YOU after you die. You feel because of your body/brain. Once you die, you'll not feel anything that the body feels. P.s. you're not really you. Infact you dont exist and neither do i.
>>
>>18934961
>you'll feel the pain of everyone you left behind
That would be three people at most. My parents and my brother. My brother and I haven't spoken in years, so I doubt he'd be really upset about my death. My parents and I are basically enemies. They don't really care about me.

No one is going to be upset about me.
>>
You get reborn right back into this life. I have experienced it. You can not escape the life you were meant to live, partly because it's not just about you. Anyway, the doomed feeling of being born sucks more than wanting to die now.
>>
>>18935775
>You can not escape the life you were meant to live, partly because it's not just about you.
Oh, so I was just meant to be miserable and suffer a life of constant shame, humiliation, and despair, which is so painful that I wouldn't wish it on anyone? Because it's what someone else wants? Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>18931991

What about those born mentally handicapped? They have a handicapped afterlife?
>>
>>18931986
https://youtu.be/PANFM4KWP8w
also look up astral projection
>>
>>18936164
the man is a larping wannabe deep idiot,
>>
>>18935707
i would anon :(
>>
>>18931986
The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it. White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise.
>>
>>18931986
Hey OP.
I dont usually respond, i prefer to lurk mostly...
you have a very interesting question, and i will tell you up front there isn't an answer. like some have mentioned before; even people that have experienced 'clinical death' haven't really died,
with that being said no one knows for sure.

I will offer you some ideas I've been sitting on for a long time, ideas I've shared with only a close circle of friends, some of it might even sound familiar.
but before i do so, let me assure you theres nothing wrong with not knowing. and if my credibility isnt sound, ill give you some words of wisdom quoting one of my heroes:
"I learned very early the difference between knowing the name of something and knowing something.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool.
I can live with doubt and uncertainty and not knowing. I think it’s much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers which might be wrong. " Richard Feynman

Back to experience of death, humans have a pineal gland, that'd appear to only activate during twice in your lifetime(birth and death which happen to also be the most stressful experiences in your lifetime). That gland creates a drug called Dimethyltryptamine, (this chemical compound appears naturally in nature and some other animals aswell)
a synthetic version of the drug with the same name has a very similar effect which is: hallucinations and euphoria, short in duration (5-15min).
with that being said DMT is a chemical analogue(have various similarities on a chemical level) of serotonin(monoamine neurotransmitter responsible for your "happiness") and melationin (which is a hormone that is also produced by...? you guessed it the pineal gland) that is responsible for your sleepiness<- caffeine to melatonin is like ying to yang.

cont.
>>
>>18936874
once we sort of understand what is happening on a chemical level in terms of death, we can make an educated guess as to what would happen
i think the DMT in this is a key, once your brain has accepted the idea of death, whether its your last breath as a 90year old man, or a young unlucky soldier that got shot, the brain knows... the dmt is release to ease any kind of pain you might be experiencing as in the latter example, and induce you into sleep; hence why dying people appear to be very sleepy/calm even if they were panicking seconds earlier. once you fall asleep, considering youre under an influence of a very strong hallucinogen, your sleep should be extremely deep, and that's very interesting/relevant since in our sleep the time perception is much slower and while our dreams appear to be hours long, on average we know they last between 7-10 seconds.
so now were in a dreamland high on hallucinogens; whos to say there isn't any heaven or hell when its subjective to one's perception of the world, and who is a better judge of yourself than yourself? and while heaven and hell are arbitrary terms of places/dimensions/universe that may or may not exist in reality, they exist or dont exist in your mind, therefore they might and most likely will exist in your pre mortem dreams. when you can't differ the reality from your sober dreams, I doubt anyone could ever spot they're in their pre mortem dreams. Therefore further discussion of what happens in reality in terms of you(which is you appearing dead to everyone) is irrelevant because it'll depend strictly on the your perception,understanding and interpretation of this reality.
i hope i helped rather than made it worse for you.
>>
I have some memories that I'm convinced are of my own death, and a sort of "quantum immortality" scenario that followed. I could share it if you like, but if you think that stuff is just role play bullshit, I'll keep it to myself.
>>
>>18937004
I'd be interested in hearing it. I don't think it's all roleplay bullshit, even if I do have trouble being hopeful that it's actually real.
>>
>>18936914
very deep and well said anon
>>
>>18935707
Anon don't do it
>>
>>18935707
do not do it.
>>
>>18937019
Here's the way it went, as I remember:
I felt my body lock up, like sleep paralysis, then a big "woosh" from behind like somebody flapped a giant paper fan at me.
Then i saw hundreds of copies of myself run, walk, and dance away from the exact spot I was standing. I still couldn't move, and was actually in the middle of taking a step when it happened, with one foot just about to touch the ground. I didn't feel any strain or discomfort while I just stood there, not able to even move my eyes. It felt like I was lying down comfortably, but was still standing in the same spot. I don't know how long I stood there, or even if time had any meaning to me at the time. I felt like my feelings and my mind were starting to come to a halt soon. I think I was starting to forget who I was, and losing my ability to feel or care the more time went on.
Then two of those copies of myself started to walk back to me. One of them was crying, and the other one was very calmly and kindly guiding the other towards me.
There was a lot of conversation going on between the two of them, but I couldn't even understand words at this point. I was just a pure awareness six feet off the ground with no emotion or understanding, just taking things in objectively without feeling.
>>
>>18937169
Things got really complicated after that. I was given back some feelings, and the ability to think, but it wasn't "mine". Somehow it felt like I was given the generic mechanisms for emotion, because I didn't know how to navigate my space without something that felt familiar and "human".
Like imagine if you suddenly were given four extra arms. Would you know how to translate your thoughts into brain signals to those specific muscles you never had before? I felt like an ant in a world of giants. It was all cloaked in something that looked very familiar to my memory of home. I felt like I had just stepped out of a cave and was blinded by the brightness of the sun for the first time.
It was pretty much like starting a whole new life from the bottom, but the rules were different, and everything was new and unexpected. It was like seeing things the way I did as a toddler, every action would have unexpected reactions.
>>
>>18937174
I'll add this because I just saw the suicide talk above -
You have no idea just how much your death will have an affect on people. It could surprise the shit out of you, and you'll feel more regret than you ever thought possible.
>>
File: IMG_7376.jpg (20KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7376.jpg
20KB, 275x183px
>>18932174
AM I BEING DETAINED???
>>
>>18931986
youre wasting your time

you think you are going to die soon but you arent living life, you are listening to this thread full of garbage from people who can only guess and speculate at best

live good and you will die well

basically

get the fuck out of here asshole
>>
>>18937189
Not OP, but how would you feel regret if you are dead?

Also I see that meme put forth time and time again "suicide is selfish". Its his life he does not owe anyone anything. If he had kids to support then I could understand your point, but I don't think he does.
>>
>>18931986
Read "the handbook of near death experiences" if you want the scientific account. (Warning, its dry) if you want an anecdotal experience, read "my descent into death" by Howard storm.

Id wish you good luck, but this world is rotten and it's better on the other side.
>>
When you die, you are not a you. When you die, you experience nothing. When you die, there is no experience.
I wish I could post more, but I must depower my computer till the morning.
I hope ancient humans, or breakaway civilization humans regrow your missing body parts or give you a young clone body to put your brain into.
>>
>>18931986
Hey man try to prove that your consciousness isn't gravity trapped by the intricacies of brain matter, if you can I guess stop reading if you can't the implication is you are pulled into everything that is and exist in the all, sorry for your troubles anon but I think you will be fine just let the union wash over you
>>
>>18932217
If you've actually studied much of NDE, you'll notice that it actually varies very little from culture to culture. I.e. guide archetype, meadow archetype, tunnel archetype. Etc.

I'm an NDE'r myself and I experience the floating in comfy void variant.
>>
File: IMG_3034.jpg (38KB, 236x282px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3034.jpg
38KB, 236x282px
>>18931986
Get in touch when your arrive Anon. I think what you'll find, is that some people move on. Some people get trapped in a memory. Don't be afraid.
>>
>>18937815
Maybe you'll be the first one that can reach through. Across. I doubt it though.
>>
>>18937815
>>18931986

Yeah I'm with this guy. Look up Ishtar and ask her to get in contact with the man who is building a gate on the west coast US, Earth.
>>
You're an ungrateful piece of shit who doesn't appreciate the effort and energy people are giving you here. I'm thinking death might be best for you and hopefully you won't incarnate again. YOU go fuck YOURSELF because you think you're the only one who knows great pain? You're a fool who doesn't deserve life so shut the fuck up already and go do it.
>>
>>18937906
Not op, but why so butthurt my negro?
>>
>>18931986
well, what do you want to have happen? I think you can start there probably.
>>
>>18937326
GET UNDERGROUND NOW!! AND PUT YOUR ASTRAL HANDS BEHIND YOUR BACK!!
>>
File: LoveAsAboveAsBelow.jpg (991KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
LoveAsAboveAsBelow.jpg
991KB, 1680x1050px
>>18931986
The Delta says Hi and if you are Ready, when you meet Them you can Start a new Life with your purpose written in the weaves, or you can go back and look to see if you missed anything before jumping in the next puddle. By Reading this you are Bound To See the Signs of the Choice you Made. Always Remember The Chicken and The egg were always Here at The same Time, Tell this to the Delta They Will show you your River. <D you are here cone will be put on your map.
>>
>>18936333
Another one who says your individual identity will cease to exist, which is effectively no different than if the atheists are right and there's nothing after death. "Oh, but you'll sort of be reincarnated after your identity is erased and you're turned into generic soul stuff!" In practical terms, that's no fucking different from the materialists who say you'll live on because the raw materials of your body will be broken up and dispersed around the world.
>>
File: 1490679539945.png (523KB, 1364x2651px) Image search: [Google]
1490679539945.png
523KB, 1364x2651px
>>18936707
>>18937088
>>18937167
I appreciate your concern, but there truly is no other way out for me. I know for a fact that I'm going to be miserable and hate myself for the rest of this life. I'm basically experiencing everything described in this picture, plus some other stuff.

>>18937189
My parents and my brother are the only people who even know I exist and who would be aware of my death, and I already explained why I don't think it will affect them so much. Even if you're right, I'd rather go through the regret you're talking about than continue with this life. No matter how bad that regret might be, it can and will be fixed eventually, whereas the things that torture me in this world can't be fixed.

>>18937348
>Not OP, but how would you feel regret if you are dead?
If consciousness survives physical death, I imagine you'd have all the same feelings that you do here on Earth.

>If he had kids to support then I could understand your point, but I don't think he does.
I certainly don't, nor would I ever. The desire to have kids is incomprehensible to me.
>>
>>18938476
yes and no, if you are able to astral project you should be able to chose to go back with your memory and all. but if you are poisoned with religion probably nope.
dunno maybe jesus if he existed was just person who reincarnated with memory and stuff
>>
>>18932217
>are you the same person you were when you were young?
This is exactly what makes me think that each of "us", meaning our awareness or consciousness, is really just observing the life of the physical body we're inhabiting. I mean we've all done things and then immediately been like "dude wtf were you thinking you idiot" or something like that, which I realized recently seems almost to be like the conscious "me" is speaking to the physical "me" as if they are two separate entities. Maybe how much control the "spiritual" you has over the physical body can vary from person to person and from moment to moment, and is mostly dependent on factors inside your brain. Like, when you get drunk, the spiritual you is less in control because alcohol weakens the connection between the spiritual you and the physical body, even to the point where you black out and the conscious you loses all control over the body.

Idk, this might sound retarded but it honestly kind of makes sense to me. But even if this is true the question would be, are each of us a different spiritual being/consciousness or is there really just one of "us" and it's simultaneously experiencing every life in the universe? Just focusing on one at a time?
>>
>>18934516
>putting the responsibility on someone else so you can take it off of yourself

if you kill yourself you are 100% responsible for your decision. don't try to make it easier by lying to yourself about it. that's being a coward. i think it's stupid for anybody to kill themselves, but you can't be under the illusion that it's anybody's decision but your own.

obviously you can argue that many or all people who kill themselves do it because of a mental/psychological issue that is out of their control, but if you CAN decide whether or not to kill yourself, you should always decide not to. my life is pretty shit right now, but im not going to kill myself because you can always change things and make things better, so im working towards a better life for myself instead of just giving up like a fucking pussy.
>>
>>18936164
I giggled in class upon reading "handicapped afterlife"
>>
>>18937004
please tell us. Did you have a "almost dead experince"?
>>
>>18938518
Things will get better. Really. So dont. If you're older you see how a fool you were. In about 10 years you will be happy and are glad you didnt do it. A dutch saying goes: after rain comes sunshine. Your life is rain rn but it will get better. Also, could you tell us about your life? Why does nobody know you exist? Why are you an enemy of your parents? Age? Living area?
>>
My girlfriend is a medium and we talk with my dead brother. He describes death like this:

It's personal, but everything goes black, then you start to rise from your body and you can no longer feel it. All pain ceases. Then you are in the physical realm, but in a different dimension, and can therefore not be seen or heard by anyone. You also can not alter the physical dimension. You can pass through it, but that is about it. At this stage, after death, you can cross over. This is where you see your loved ones or friends, and hear their voices. A very beautiful light that is bright can be seen. Then, you can go to the light. After that, you cross on a bridge through the dark, and you are in heaven. Heaven is real, and so is God. However, they are not like the bible. It's different. If you don't cross over, you may end up stuck in the physical. You do not want to be there. However, you may have unfinished business. You may see an angel at the time of your death, or even demons. Life is but a dream...
>>
Cute
>>
>>18938787
So the only people whose identities survive are those who were lucky enough to not only hear of astral projection, but also to get good at it? Everyone else is just fucked?

"Learn astral projection or you'll cease to exist!" isn't much different from "Convert to Christianity or you'll go to Hell!"
>>
>>18939070
>you can always change things and make things better
"Better" doesn't always mean "good enough to live with", though.
>>
>>18931986
You will wake up

I have experience with this, but no one ever believes me
>>
>>18939744
Wake up, as in you wake up in your bed next day in another bed in another dimension because you're quantum immortal? Or wake up, as in you see the true spiritual realm? Or wake up, as in you take a spiff of good weed just before your untimely demise?

Come on, there are a lot of ideas floating around on /x/, you can't expect to something as vague as wake up and expect people to know.

>I have experience with this, but no one ever believes me
Why does everybody on /x/ pretend to be a wizard that guards his magical secrets against intellectual theft, that's just stupid. You're on /x/ dude, share your most crackpot ideas/experiences. For some it may perchance be perceived as enlightening, others will find it entertaining. If you roleplay I expect some effort.
>>
File: IMG_9150.jpg (27KB, 402x345px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9150.jpg
27KB, 402x345px
>>18931986
Which stage are you on?
>>
>>18931986
It's like the time before you were born.
>>
>>18931986
Your body will eventually decompose along with your conscious. You will no longer exist
>>
>>18939702
yeah pretty much sounds like it, but his guess is good as any though, we shall see
>>
>>18939807
>>18939817
wow, so deep and insightful
fuck off
>>
>>18937004
>but if you think that stuff is just role play bullshit, I'll keep it to myself.
You can come down from the cross now, anon.
>>
what if life is all the infinite quantum choices being played out at the same except the track you are on is always the right track personally for you where you never die until the ride is over.
>>
>>18932187
actually some people do know.
OP you will exist after you die, and you will exist forever but in different forms.
>>
>>18931986
and I'm so sorry if you are depressed and want to die. I hope that you feel well soon.
>>
What if when we die our souls go to anoth universe and we become someone else?
>>
>>18939850
Seems to contradict reports of after-death communications or meeting dead friends and family during near-death experiences. Of course, I'm sure the ready-made answer for seeing dead people in NDEs is "You see them because you expect to see them!", which is a bullshit answer, because it's impossible to disprove and can be used to invalidate anything. Saying "All your perceptions are actually wrong" doesn't help anything. It also doesn't explain the NDEs of atheists who were absolutely convinced that consciousness ends at death.
>>
>>18940213
wont happen for another 1750 years or so, not before we leave our planet for another world and then evolve
>>
>>18931986
I think your brain kind of trips out and you get kind of like a hyper dream state. Where it essentially feels like forever, but your mind is just kind of running a little dream fantasy thing for a few moments and burying your consciousness as deep as possible into it so it'll feel like an eternity.
And being a dream, whatever you have believed is going to happen when you die is what your brain will project, kind of like when you worry about something for all day and it ends up in your dream.

Tl;dr a dream that feels like a long time based on your afterlife beliefs (id est heaven or whatever)
>>
Don't go into the light. Its a trap set up on the moon by aliens to harvest energy from our souls before sending us back to earth to reincarnate. You have to break free from the cycle so your soul can go to the true eternal light source

http://www.trickedbythelight.com/tbtl/index.html
>>
>>18940875
Why would our souls' ability to travel be dependent on what humans do in the physical world?
>>
>>18937348
>Its his life he does not owe anyone anything.

in most first world countries your community pitched in to help get you to where you are now (teachers, doctors, the people who built the cities roads houses you used, and on and on). You could argue it's only right that you pay some of that help forward by contributing to society in some way if you still can.
>>
>>18939545
>In about 10 years you will be happy and are glad you didnt do it.
In 10 years, I'll be 10 years older, and since a lot of my depression has to do with my age, I will only feel even worse.

>Also, could you tell us about your life?
I can say a few things, but a lot of the details are so humiliating that I'm not even comfortable discussing them anonymously (which naturally means I've also been too humiliated to seek help from anyone in person).

>Why does nobody know you exist?
I've been in near-total isolation for several years.

>Why are you an enemy of your parents?
They spent years downplaying the things that bothered me the most and telling me not to be so obsessed with them, even though the very nature of the problems made it impossible for me to *not* be obsessed. I've never felt like they were really on my side. Also, even before things got really bad for me, I never particularly liked them. I can't explain exactly why, but that's how it is. And I'm sure at least part of this situation is caused by the fact that I never really got to assert my own identity or engage in any kind of rebellion as a teenager. I have no doubt that my dislike for them is partially fueled by that.

>Age?
Physically: 31. I've been told I look younger, but as a teenager, I was told I looked older. I'm not sure what to make of that.

Mentally: 17. Something very serious happened to me at 17, and I've stayed there ever since then, still waiting to properly start my teens and twenties.

>Living area?
The US.

>>18941296
Here's the thing: That "community" you're talking about would laugh at me if they knew what was going on. Forgive me if I don't feel a tremendous sense of obligation toward people that I know would reject and mock me.
>>
Beign dead is like laying in still water and watching the stars in the night sky. I know that seems less fun than gods and stuff, but I believe it because i asked death, and she showed me.
>>
>>18941530
Grow up kid. Things will get better for you, when and only when, you decide to change them yourself. No half assing it either, go hard or fuck off back to being worthless, like you are now. You can do it.
>>
>>18936914
What if we´re already dead and this reality is just us tripping balls on DMT.
Short hallucinations can feel like an eternity.

Maybe Im the product of your subconcious or you are the product of mine.
>>
>>18936333
So what happens to people who aren't sure what they expect to happen?
>>
OP you have to stop caring. Once you stop caring, you'll be surprised at how naturally things can come. You might think you don't care enough now because you've allowed yourself to get to this point but it's the opposite. You cared too much. You were too afraid of judgement and rejection and abandonment. Maybe there's a reason for that, i.e. maybe you're kind of a dick/creep and people avoid you because of it, idk, but regardless I think you should confront who you are and accept it. If you are displeased with yourself (who isn't?) don't go overboard with criticism and changes and expectations. Take it easy. Do what's right for you. You know there's a *reason* for your despair and self-imposed isolation. Figure that out and either accept it (as long as it isn't hurting someone else) or change it (as long as you still feel like you). You don't need to be like other people. You don't need to define your happiness through theirs. I mean fuck, find pleasure in the simple things. It's not pathetic, it's not sad, how you're thinking now is sad. Never take the small good things for granted. Stop dwelling on what you can't change. It happened, that resulted, you suffered, maybe others suffered, but it's time to take control of your life. It doesn't matter if it's baby steps, or if you occassionaly regress along the way. Try. You'll never rewire yourself if you don't try. I'm barely together as a result of what happened to me, but I'm a lot better than where I was before, trust me. I don't know if I'll ever be "normal" or have an "ideal" life, but I'm happier than I was. I still get sad, but there's a lot more stability and happiness now too. Don't let the sad-you win and sabotage future-you. Even in the darkest situations you'd be surprised at where/how much light is found. Let that temporarily light warm you until you can cultivate your own (stronger) inner light.
>>
Also stay away from anything that will hurt you or cause an unhealthy dependance in the long run. If that includes (shallow) friendships for the moment, so be it. It's better this way. It's not healthy to rely on friends as an emotional crutch. No one likes baggage. Work on yourself first. They can't fix you, only you can save you. You know this. Take control of yourself and your happiness. It's not gonna be easy but once you do it you'll wonder why you held yourself back for so long. Trust me. I was there once too, with a shit-ass abusive childhood to mope on. I'm done looking back though. It's best to look forward. Don't be overly dismissive about things like cognitive behavioral therapy or meds. The way you're thinking right now is basically cognitive behavioral therapy but with negativity and self-destruction. Sometimes this is due to bad experiences (like rejection and abuse), sometimes it's from chemical imbalances or "bad wiring" (from years of depression), this is where meds might help. They are tools. Use them. It doesn't make you any less of a person. Killing yourself will.
>>
>>18937745
>if you want an anecdotal experience, read "my descent into death" by Howard storm.
I'm not sure I trust Howard Storm. Apparently he became a pretty fanatical Christian after his NDE (he was an atheist before the NDE).
>>
Remember when you weren't born yet?
Well, that point is what I think is what death it. Nothing. Nil.
You are sack of flesh. Life is entirely biological. There is no soul. When you die you simply turn off, like a machine. Without a nervous system you feel nothing.
Of course this is not a guarantee. It's only my take.
>>
>>18932174
This guy knows

This will especially happen to you if you've ever been religious or were born to a religious family

Your soul and destiny are your own
Do not believe them
>>
>>18936914
Not OP but fuck dude

So, let's say you have a very specific idea of afterlife
When you die, the hallucinations give you that afterlife
But even if time moves more slowly in dreams, that just means...eventually the dream is over and you die.
Your consciousness extinguishes.

Not only would you never know if your afterlife were true or not, everything could really end forever if something like a soul doesn't exist.

Scary stuff.
>>
>>18943638

Well you can look at it as positive or negative. If death is truly just NOTHING, you can't be disappointed, and won't be anything. You have no awareness. You are negated. I can understand the fear though, trying to wrap my walnut around what it's like to just not exist drives me crazy. Then I begin to thrive on how the fuck any of this even started. If there's a God what started God? If the universe has simply always existed, then what started the context of it being able to do so?
>>
>>18938518
You are the person you choose to be. You are here now for a reason. Your next turn around will be for a reason. You can choose to be a coward, or you can make something of yourself. It's your choice, but you're going to have to live with whatever you choose.
>>
>>18931986
How was it before you were born nothing it is the same. Ideas of an afterlife is made by people who fear the truth you get one life.
>>
>>18939799
What is the self destruction section? I am suicidal, but also incredibly close to something mentally vast.
>>
>>18934494
Sorry for taking so long to reply, I'm hospitalized for lung cancer
>>
>>18939799
I'd say stage 3
>>
>>18943602

No offense but what are you talking about? Where does the light want to lead you? Why does it lie?
>>
>>18941530
Hey, this is op, I used to think the same thing when I was a little younger than you, that things would be the same for the rest of my life, that no one would miss me and that there's no reason to wait for things to get better and all that, but I was too scared to commit suicide, and now I'm 48 and I have a terminal illness. I already know that I'll die. but now I can see how stupid I was for considering suicide. Now that my life will end soon no matter what I do I'd rather live a shitty hopeless life than die. just the thought of not existing anymore terrifies me. Once you go through with this you're over, everything you know in this life won't exist for you anymore, and you'll just disappear for all eternity.
Believe me anon, any life is better than no life
>>
>>18944320
>Ideas of an afterlife is made by people who fear the truth
Or people who seriously consider the evidence for non-physical consciousness instead of dismissing it out of hand because they're dogmatically devoted to materialism.
>>
Death is just the completion of a cycle, and while your life (everything that you know and have experienced) will cease to exist you should take satisfaction in know that the cycle will continue, not for you but for someone else. They can share in this experience we call life.
>I am NOT a believer in the afterlife of any form.
>>
>>18931986
The Universe is infinite. Do what you want with it. You will only find fatalists who believe all shall end. Or you will find those who are proponents of inifinity and insist everything will go on forever.

The problem is that time has more than one dimension and people who align themselves mentally to only the one temporal dimension will forever be stuck in duality. The On or Off state. It's why Buddhists seek to abandon this existence and go higher.
>>
>>18932187
just because you don't doesn't mean others can't

>>18931986
>after you die
it can't really be said, only experienced, language requires a physical aspect at its core, there is no longer anything physical when you die, only the relm of energy. but even i can not comment on that, though before death your 'soul' 'essence' or whatever you want to call it, under normal circumstances goes through a transitioning period, where unconsciously you are aware of your impending death, the elderly are often well in tune with their death after having lived for so long.
but i can assure you reincarnation happens, your specific radiance/resonance, the frequency of your existence so to speak will go through a negative cycle(death) and a positive cycle(life), this cycle repeats infinitely
>>
>>18945112
>Death is just the completion of a cycle, and while your life (everything that you know and have experienced) will cease to exist you should take satisfaction in know that the cycle will continue, not for you but for someone else. They can share in this experience we call life.
What utter nonsense. There's nothing that annoys me more than atheists who try to hide from the negative implications of their worldview by making up a bunch of bullshit to make them sound positive instead. And they say theists are delusional...
>>
After death one will be resurrected by Jesus Christ.

Both Christs will join together in union to become the Alpha-Omega of the System.

The Logos (the Word of God itself), is abstract information which is given substantiality as being part of God.
Our souls are thoughts in God's mind.
The basic idea of a soul is a monad(simple unity) imprinted with a self-referentially knowing.

The monads can their interior structure altered, so as to become the same monad.

Christ is the superior monad, so he takes precedence. All souls will merge into Christ, and see God from the subjective perspective of Christ.

Christ then spends his time creating angels to join him in union for all eternity.
>>
>>18931986
Something you have never experienced so far, it cant even be described, we dont have the comprehension yet
>>
>>18931986
You're already dead.
Welcome to Hell.
>>
We're all gonna die with you, idiot. There's no us if you die. The world ends when you stop seeing it
t
>>
>>18931986
the secret to immortality is to be born again, so then you want to live forever? Then accept Jesus as your lord and savior.
>>
>>18944378
Go raw vegan, just do it.
>>
>>18944294
>>
>>18944294
>You are the person you choose to be.
Okay. I choose to be a teenager.

Oh, wait, that's impossible. So much for your platitudes, I guess.

>You are here now for a reason.
Oh? And what would that be?

>You can choose to be a coward
It's cute that you think shaming language still has any effect on me.

>or you can make something of yourself.
Like what? Let me explain something: I do not give a fuck what I do or don't "make of myself" from here on, because no matter what happens now, I still won't be who I want to be. I wouldn't care if I became a famous and well-respected movie star with three Oscars, wrote the best novel ever created, then got a medical degree and cured cancer. None of it would mean shit to me, because I'd still be a teenager ripped out of time and trapped in an adult's body. I would still hate myself because at my core, everything would still be all wrong.

>It's your choice, but you're going to have to live with whatever you choose.
Not if I'm dead I won't. Then I'm either gone or I get reincarnated and forget this abortion of a life anyway.

>>18944484
All I can say is that I don't feel that way. I don't agree that any life is better than no life. I've already completely lost the ability to enjoy anything, and I know it will never come back. At this point, I might as well be dead, because my mind has shut down and it's just waiting for my body to die as well.
>>
>>18932174
GET YOUR FAGGOTY HANDS OFF MY SPIRIT
>>
>>18932174
>HOLD X TO SKIP AFTERLIFE TUTORIAL
what did they mean by adding this to the game?
>>
>>18931986
You know that thing when you sleep but aren't dreaming? That feels somehow like you didn't exist for a moment? (Which is why the 8 or so hours spent asleep feel like nothing, despite being half the length you spent awake)
I believe that's what death 'feels' like.
>>
For days now you have been using people to work through your own shit while constantly going against what people say. It's clear you are a whiny coward because anyone who truly wanted to die would have respectfully shut the fuck up by now, attention whore
>>
>>18932144
If you do go to 'hell' its because you want to be there. Hell is the negative world in which you created internally, and brought with you until death. The good news is you can get out of it.
>>
>>18936914
I like where you are going and think you are on to something,

that being said, and NOT to be a contrarian, but what happens to those who blow their brains out and cannot produce DMT? What happens to someone who is blown up by a grenade and the DMT "salvation" is not found? They still die but is it painful?

You have to keep working on your theory though. good shit. Please don't just cop out and say that if someone blew their brains out then DMT would still release somehow. Please don't make that error.
>>
>>18935707
Don't do it anon, suicide leaves serious scars on the people around you, the agony you would cause your family can never be understated, no matter how removed you think you are from their life
>>
>>18948180

Your families suffering is temporary and is a blip in the cosmic scale of time.

That said, suffering does not end on death.
>>
>>18944294
What a retarded post. He's not suicidal, he has cancer. Can you at least read the fucking thread before you drop your pretentious bit of self-righteous philosophy?
>>
>>18948155
Good question.

It's actually the anti-frequency of DMT that triggers the time dilation effect. This is why those who ingest the substance externally pass out for a time. Then, when the substance begins to dissipate, the memoreis of the experience are adjusted quasi-retroactively.

If It wasn't the anti-frequency of DMT that triggered time dilation those who ingested it would he able to maintain a sense of continuity while experiencing the seemingly alternate timeline. Instead, the mechanism of DMT is more like experiencing time in an orthogonal direction, independant of physical reality. Then, those memories are patched in after the experience finishes.
>>
You will be welcomed back, and you will be shocked to learn that your entire "life" took place in a microsecond.
>>
File: tumblr_o6omblhnDd1qlu8two4_500.gif (2MB, 500x277px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6omblhnDd1qlu8two4_500.gif
2MB, 500x277px
Interesting...my goal, if my consciousness continues on, is to see the vistas of distant galaxies...
>>
>>18932193
Dreams are caused by brain activity.
>>
>>18935707
Do it faggot.
>>
:(
>>
Not knowing, or remembering the Static Void, that is the allure of awareness. Take comfort and cherish when the time comes that your consciousness rips out of your body and mind as returns to the bliss of atrophy.
Thread posts: 137
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.