[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Horror games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 13

What are some /x/ related or just generally good horror games.
Games that aren't just jump scares and loud music, games that have some real substance.

Give me some real spooky shit.
>>
File: jjjj.jpg (86KB, 407x587px) Image search: [Google]
jjjj.jpg
86KB, 407x587px
see: >>13385860
>>
From what I've played, these games have good atmosphere and are pretty good.
>Afraid of Monsters
>Cry of Fear
>Alien Isolation
>SCP Containment Breach (janky as fuck though)

And what this guy said.>>18931753
>>
Penumbra
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
F.E.A.R (at least it used to be, no idea how the graphics are looking these days)
>>
>>18931753
L O L

Someone linked the sticky? That piece of shit?! Hahahahahahaha
>>
File: 1489851407906.png (174KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1489851407906.png
174KB, 400x400px
Thanks I'll have to try these out.
>>
File: eyes.png (227KB, 853x625px) Image search: [Google]
eyes.png
227KB, 853x625px
>>18931772
Yes. Because these threads always have the same fucking responses, it's just the same threads with same ol' replies over and over and over:

What's a spooky film?
What's a spooky game?
What's a spooky book?
What's a spooky wiki-link?
What's a spooky youtube channel?

Does the sticky suck? Yes it does, so do these type threads.
>>
>>18931741
pathologic. deep philosophical story, incredible atmosphere and unfortunately terrible graphics (even on it's time) and realy slow gameplay. also hard as fuck. but once you force yourself to play through jike 3 - 5 hours, it will get under your skin. it's about pleague, and its wierd, how game makes you really fear and care about npc and be shitless scared of getting infected. its like 20 hours long slow walk full of fear, uncertainty and pure depression. but as i said, you will have to force yourself to actualy enjoy it. also, prepare for shitty english translation, ton of bugs, and especially for the feeling after you finish it, that you have experienced (not played) something unique, that will never repeat in games again. sory for shitty english btw
>>
>>18931741
The Suffering.
>>
>>18931796
Anything is better than Succubus threads
>>
>>18931801
Sounds like fun, I'll have to look into it.
>>
File: bloodborne.jpg (64KB, 627x353px) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne.jpg
64KB, 627x353px
>>18931741
This game alone is worth the purchase of a new game console.
>>
anything made by frictional is worth a play. penumbra, amnesia, and especially soma.
>>
Not so much a horror game, but Bloodborne is /x/ material.
>>
>>18931741
Check out The Evil Within.
It's absolutely /x/
The characters could have a bit more of emotion
But everything else is spot on.
>>
SCP Containment Breach has been around for a while. It doesn't entirely rely on jumpscares, and still somehow manages to provide a spooky atmosphere for a game with such low graphic quality. I've had hundreds of hours on this and is without a doubt better than most AAA jumpacare bullshit you'll play
>>
>>18933922
That game is terrible. Avoid.
For something outside the norm, try a freeware game called Which.
>>
>>18933975
Indie games does not work with survival horror
I reject graphics on everything but survivor horror
Terror needs AAA production
It needs realism fantastic environment, blood, and monsters to make you feel like you're there
You can't make a terror game with shitty graphics that looks like a Nintendo 64 game and call it scary.
You have to be a complete child to have enough imagination to fill all the gaps in.
>>
File: 4-25-2017 12-19-28 AM.jpg (53KB, 464x380px) Image search: [Google]
4-25-2017 12-19-28 AM.jpg
53KB, 464x380px
>>18933975

I typed 'Which the game' into DuckDuckGo and got this.

THANKS.
>>
>>18932058
They have an updated version with less shit graphics and a better translation
>>
File: Ropes.jpg (43KB, 640x430px) Image search: [Google]
Ropes.jpg
43KB, 640x430px
>>18934043
I'm sorry you feel that way, because there are some excellent indie horror games. In fact, for a good few years, indie horror was pretty much the only thing worth a damn when big companies were farting out games like RE6 and SH: Downpour. I'm not sure why you make an exception for horror games - why don't shooters or sports games need realistic graphics to be enjoyable? What about games with stylistic graphical styles, like Lone Survivor?
I'll take a PS1 horror game like Resident Evil 2 over The Evil Within any day. Because RE2 has proper pacing, great music, cohesive environments, and a set style of gameplay - all things TEW lacks. And graphical limitations were a boon to early horror games - let's not forget why Silent Hill's iconic fog came about.

>>18934052
Sorry friendo! The title makes it pretty tough to look up. This is the one I was referring to:
http://gamejolt.com/games/which/1523
It's not the scariest game I've ever played (that would probably go to Amnesia: The Dark Descent or Fatal Frame) but I don't hear people talk about it much - it's really neat.
>>
File: 1461427923019.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1461427923019.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>18933975
>That game is terrible.

Normies hated The Evil Within. It is better than I thought.
>>
File: 3690230_l.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
3690230_l.gif
2MB, 400x300px
>>18934174
>normie

Okay, I'll elaborate.
- The gameplay somehow got worse than RE4's near-perfect formula. The camera was far too close, for example.
- It changed gameplay styles between chapters, the settings of which had little rhyme or reason (same with the enemies).
- Insta kills all over the place.
- Upgrade system detracts from the horror.
- Checkpoints.
- Too much QTE.
- Forced walking sections.
- Boring characters and a weak plot.
- A stupid, over-the-top, ridiculous bossfight that had me laughing through the serious ending.

I could go on. The problem is it presents itself as a serious game, but implements frustrating mechanics and then does stupid things without obvious camp. The only reason I finished it was that I could discuss it with a friend about how much we hated it. I'm glad I didn't let myself get hyped for it.
>>
>>18934285
This dude gets it. All the points here kills the game for me, especially the shitty ass camera work. The fucking camera is suffocating and makes it extremely difficult to enjoy the game. How they fucked up the RE4 style is beyond my understanding. I just want to play the game through but its painful.

If Evil Within 2 is an actual game being developed, it might turn out to be a better game but it doesn't help that the first was an overall disappointment.
>>
>>18932058
It used to be really hard to find, but i think it's on steam now
>>
>>18933647
I bought silent hill 1 just before gamestop stopped selling ps1 games. I'm super fortunate to have an actual copy of it
>>
>>18934043
I disagree, there are plenty of indie that are scary. lone survivor, penumbra, and corpse party are all great games that are worth checking out if you like survival horror
>>
I think the gamecube controller had a lot to do with how scary RE4 was. You had basically one stick to look and walk with, but it didn't have tank controls. You had a control scheme that was not easy to move around with, but wasn't frustrating to use. It made the tight, claustrophobic corridors that much scarier when you couldn't easily run the other direction
>>
>>18934043
>You have to be a complete child to have enough imagination to fill all the gaps in.
That's retarded thinking. Being creative and having strong imagination isn't childish, why do you think MAKES these games and think up horror?
>>
File: mike-tyson-9512980-2-402.jpg (151KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
mike-tyson-9512980-2-402.jpg
151KB, 1200x1200px
>SILENTH
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (110KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
110KB, 1280x720px
>>18931741
Indigo Prophecy/Farenheit starts out pretty /x/ but the goes batshit /a/ tier about halfway in. Had fun with it though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roUweq_ZnpU
>>
>>18934489
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RBE1_labUc
The good ol' days <3
>3 day game rentals at blockbuster
>>
>>18931741
>Games that aren't just jump scares and loud music, games that have some real substance.

So you are excluding "survival horror?" If not, obviously, the Forest is sweet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCBCzJ0d_lw
>>
>>18934823
I've really been wanting to play it, just haven't got around to buying it.
>>
>>18933647
I bought a ps4 just for this game, was worth it
>>
File: Screamcover.jpg (22KB, 278x359px) Image search: [Google]
Screamcover.jpg
22KB, 278x359px
>>
The "Deep Sleep" flash games
at least i think thats what they were called
>>
>>18931741
Emily Wants To Play

You can get it for pretty cheap. I think I paid like $5 for it on PSN. There are jump scares, but the atmosphere is creepy. It's a fun game to kill time with if you want to be spooped instantly.
>>
If you know how to get P.T., do it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVylTfkDP5c
>>18931909
Anon, don't you want Ghost Bussy?
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.