[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A spiritual calling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0773.png (977KB, 570x815px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0773.png
977KB, 570x815px
Does anyone here feel called to a spiritual life or profession?

I have thought long and hard on my life and think I would be happier as some sort of monk rather than having kids and entering the rat race...

What should I do? My religious beliefs are quite unconventional but eastern orders seem interesting.
>>
>>18929732
>I have thought long and hard on my life and think I would be happier as some sort of monk rather than having kids and entering the rat race...
That's kind of cruel in a sense, I mean you have kids and you're saying you want out? Why did you have kids then, perhaps that was your spiritual calling?
>>
I feel you
I've been a "spiritually-inclined" person since early elementary.

I feel like trying to be a "normal" is killing me

Answer the call and pursue the address, my man
>>
>>18929732
Also I think monks that go and cut themselves off from the world or anyone for that matter, could be missing out on the experiences life has to offer, I mean why not make the most of it.

Going deeper into it, maybe you had no choice and your life is predetermined. Just ride it out like everyone else?
>>
File: Bob.png (37KB, 216x324px) Image search: [Google]
Bob.png
37KB, 216x324px
>>18929732
>>
>>18929732

Don't worry anon, those monks are wrong.
>>
>>18929732
I think as always if you try to make sense of it, you will miss the point, your life will be your life, no matter who where or what you do.

You could still ask the same questions.
>>
>>18929778
You misread. I have no children but people often say it is "the point" (or one of of them) of life.
>>18929780
Thanks. I too feel "normalcy" to be suffocating.
>>18929782
Idk. Couldn't that go in reverse? Not being a monk cuts you off from the life experiences of being a monk.
>>18929785
Good ol' Bob. Hopefully I can find a monastery free of greyface.
>>18929787
I've had some interesting experiences with meditation. Some of it seems true.
>>18929801
I like learning and philosophising and simple hard work. Doesn't that make monasticism my best career choice? Follow the path of least resistance and all.
>>
>>18929836
>Some of it seems true.

Yes, but not the theological aspect, rather the mechanical.
>>
>>18929836
>You misread. I have no children but people often say it is "the point" (or one of of them) of life.

I did, apologies.

>I like learning and philosophising and simple hard work. Doesn't that make monasticism my best career choice? Follow the path of least resistance and all.

Yes the path with the least resistance is the best, but sometimes, that's a bad path, that you kind of have to endure. Least resistance just means literally going with that.
>>
>>18929836
I'm sure there is many people out there who don't enjoy the rat race, but the path of least resistance would be to just keep putting one foot in front of the other and continue wherever life takes you.
>>
My anxieties with people have left me wanting to find a monastic life someplace. Somewhere I could just sit and contemplate the universe, away form everyone.

I don't suppose that's really much of a calling.
>>
Contemplation of the nature of the universe leads one to recognize a Divine Order to things.

Further analysis has led me to believe in mysticism and secondly believe that Christ was a successful mystic.

This mystical path has given my life meaning and purpose, but it is all together too difficult to fulfill my sojourn on my own.

You see, you must be pure in heart to apprehend your Divinity, and that means no sinning. But it is a sin to pollute, and the WHOLE WORLD survives off of pollution...

It will take a radical political movement to create a lifestyle which fosters spirituality.
>>
Please your soul maaaaan. You can devote time to god in your own way whenever, if you want to commit your whole life to it and think you'll be happy then you should. It'll be a fun experience any which way
>>
Just do it. Follow your heart. I know that sounds corny but if you feel it within you, then that's your calling.
>>
>>18929732
You are on earth to experience the earth itself, and every aspect of life that comes with it. Use the time you have here to know the self and to learn, so that once you move on to whatevers next you are as prepared as you can be. Youre better off taking the lessons from your chosen religion and living a wise physical life by that doctrine than you are focusing on the less physical aspects of the religion.

Thats what religion is for.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.