[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: GoldenDawnLogo.gif (15KB, 235x290px) Image search: [Google]
GoldenDawnLogo.gif
15KB, 235x290px
Just heard about this in my early musings into theosophy and the like. Bought a Rider Tarot deck to just dick around with as well.

Now to my questions. Am I wasting my time? How much truth is there to be discovered via this avenue? Is this Order and those like it just big-ass pyramid schemes trying to get into my life and my wallet? Is there a 'real deal' that you can't find by searching on the internet?

Any opinions and firsthand knowledge would be very helpful to me. I am at a time in my life where I find agnostic apathy to be a poor choice but despite growing up catholic, I find myself unable to find any truth within abrahamic religion.
>>
>>18929531
There is a wealth of information on the Internet. Societies like this aren't quite as secret and mysterious as they used to be. I suggest reading all you can. If you just came across this for the first time... you have years worth of books to read. Don't be a fool and join these groups unless you're really sure what you're looking for my friend.
>>
>>18929559
Thank you for your response. The first book I have decided to read is Blavatsky's The Secret Doctrine. I fully intend to learn as much as possible before making any practical moves. I value empiricism above all else in my search for truth. 'Hidden' knowledge I understand to be possibly antithetical to empiricism, which makes me apprehensive about it.

My primary goal for now is some undeniably tangible evidence. I am a scientist by profession, and therefore am bound to logic and my own observations.
>>
>>18929606
you're a fedora-wearer. a career scientist doesn't turn to fucking tarot. just call it like it is and say you're a teen.

>I value empiricism in all things, that's why I will shuffle these cards to reveal the nature of reality
>>
>>18929614

faggot
>>
>>18929614
Maybe I wasn't clear. One of my questions was if I am wasting my time. If you have some kind of opinion about what I should do, I'd be glad to hear it, not be called a fedora-wearer.
>>
If what you want is just information, a lot of Gold Dawn rituatls/etc can be found online. /omg/ for example has 233 files on them, Imo, the biggest gain of joining a esoteric society is the same benefit of joining any community, Networking
>>18929614
There's nothing not empirical in trying tarot. Since empiricism just means gaining knowledge from experiences and sense, trying tarot to gain knowledge of if it works or not is (by definition) empirical
>>
>>18929626
>There's nothing not empirical in trying tarot. Since empiricism just means gaining knowledge from experiences and sense, trying tarot to gain knowledge of if it works or not is (by definition) empirical

rofl

there is most definitely something not empirical about attaching outcomes to actions with no actual causal fucking link

but our scientist understands the basic concepts of science, evidence, and causality right? LOL

>/x/: 16 year old scientists
>>
>>18929626
Thank you as well for your response. I will look into /omg/ as a resource. I think I'd rather do independent research for a good long while before I decide to make any real-life associations with societies. For now this is a purely theoretical pursuit.
>>
>>18929641
Alright, I tried to explain the best I could, really, but you are missing what I am saying entirely, you shitlord.

I am asking about the viability of this avenue. I have just as much a right to ask questions about shit as you have to be a faggot.
>>
File: Miss-Cleo.jpg (111KB, 625x469px) Image search: [Google]
Miss-Cleo.jpg
111KB, 625x469px
>>18929531

Back in '99/'00 I would call Cleo and the like. Racked up ~$23,000 in credit card debt. Ya, I wen't to a real dark place with that one./
>>
>>18929650
>I am asking about the viability of this avenue

IT'S
FUCKING
MAGIC
>>
For further clarification, I am not interested in the so-called 'magic' of tarot. I am more interested in what it has to offer on the subject of personal introspection. From what I have read, 'divination' has its intended effect when it reveals a truth about the self, which is arrived at by the self, not supernaturally inspired.
>>
>>18929687
Actually its about telling the future
>>
>>18929606
Secret teachings of all ages by manly hall really got me into this world. There's so much information out there, I really recommend reading about all these things instead of focusing on one aspect and wasting time flipping cards, casting spells and other nonsense.
>>
>>18929531
>a career scientist doesn't turn to fucking tarot

Who is Carl Jung, anon? I heard you know about him.

I may ask you about other men that happen to be scientist, but first one is Carl Jung.
>>
>>18929559
hello my friend.

You start by the good one, but it s quite hard to understand at the beginning. If you want to start with something more easy you can start with isis unveiled. And as said one, MPH is a good start too, with secret teaching. It s quiet easy to enter, and they don t go deeper un philsophy and science.
But for a scientist, madame blavatsky, is the mystic woman to follow.
ONe story.
In adyar where is the center of theosophy, around 70s, a young man enter and ask to see a first original edition of the doctrine. He said that is uncle had always this book on his desk and influence a lot of this work. This guy was Albert einstein. Jung made his theory by inspiring by the secret doctrine, and get get introduce in orientalism and with swami by some theosophist. HPB build the Theosophic society because at first she didn t find any society that was good. It was never proven that HPB was in the golden dawn, and specially, in many letter, she said that occult french and english group are bullshit.
Study doctrine, it s about at least 20 years, you have to read after, platon work, everything on pythagore, study bagavat gita, upanishad, rig veda, zoroastre etc etc, and after if you want go deeper, you can study work of Paracelse and his students.
Feel free to ask me anything. I m happy to see people get interested in HPB. I work on her work since several years.
>>
>>18929926
The pre-electric world is a slightly different time, but nice try.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.