[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Literal cyberdemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

File: halp.jpg (11KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
halp.jpg
11KB, 284x177px
There's a demon in my backup computer. I know how to get rid of it, I have a rite that's worked before and I know will work again, but I have one issue. The demon moves between different media of information transfer. Traditionally this would have been things like books, scrolls, tablets, but right now it's on a shitty old laptop. I need someone with sufficient knowledge of computers to help me understand the translation between mediums to enact the rite on the laptop. The main problem is understanding the analogue between computer information storage systems and more classic ones. For example, if the rite is telling me that for this part I'd be writing on the surface of a book or scroll, what would that translate to in a digital medium?

I can get into specifics if I get any takers willing to help.

Computer specs if they matter:

Lenovo
Windows 10 (home)
Intel(R) Core i7-4500u CPU @ 1.80GHz 2.40 GHz
8 GB RAM
64 bit
>>
>>18928612
Mathematics are your friend, if you can translate your rite to algotithim (mathematical steps to complete one action/formul/ you will be able to "inject it".

Again, this one way, the other is doing it from the "outside" of the computer.

Namaste and good luck.
>>
>>18928612
smash that shit nigga
>>
>>18928621
>if you can translate your rite to algotithim (mathematical steps to complete one action/formul/ you will be able to "inject it".
The problem here is that some components of the rite are physical, not just information based. Some of the rite has to take place in the "real world", which means I need more practical advice on how to do this.

>>18928622
I'd prefer not to. The demon is harmless until someone tries to read the thing it's inhabiting, and there's a lot of important info on that computer that I'd like to preserve.
>>
I know nothing about any of this but bump for interest.
>>
>>18928640
If its physical ,do the ritual (with all the protections needed) from outside the computer.

One question OP, have you ever done some of this ritual before ? An actual exocism ?

Did someone taught you to do it ? Or just downloaded some instructios that "resonate" with you ?

Do you feel an interior voice guiding you to do this ritual ?

By the way , the demon is acting harmless so you do the "ritual" so he can infect you.
>>
>>18928734
>If its physical ,do the ritual (with all the protections needed) from outside the computer.
Part of it is physical, part of it involves altering the content of whatever piece of media the demon is inhabiting. In the past that has meant writing new sections in a book, altering a stone tablet, whatever.

>have you ever done some of this ritual before ?
Yes, and it worked well.

>everything else
stahp
>>
File: protip-icon.jpg (66KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
protip-icon.jpg
66KB, 600x600px
Can't believe no-one posted this spicy meme already
>>
>>18928745
>>stahp
Badly written words and text are the common trait of someone who is/has been under their control

Say this to your innerself : There is only one driver in this body, ME.

Post the results.
>>
>>18928745
>> In the past that has meant writing new sections in a book, altering a stone tablet, whatever.

So the Demon has you making his will ?

Dont be dumbass , just throw to the garbage the computer and be done with it.

Remeber the fucking lord of the rings, mate. They had to destroy the ring, but the rinf was shiny and glittering.
>>
>>18928775
Ring, not "rinf" LOL , fucking demon wankers.
>>
>>18928612
>Windows 10 (home)
I think I found your demon.
>>
>>18928612
>Delete system32
>Reboot
No more Cyberdemon.
>>
God damn it you people are useless. I don't need advice on how to proceed, I just need to talk to someone with basic computer literacy who isn't going to call security on me when I start talking about demons.
>>
>>18928919
Then speak. I'm also literatte on demons.
But a Cyberdemon is new for me desu.
>>
Find a best buy and tell a clerk to factory reset the thing but save all important gooddies on a flash drive. Tell him you'll pay him directly under the table
>>
>>18928612
>For example, if the rite is telling me that for this part I'd be writing on the surface of a book or scroll, what would that translate to in a digital medium?

Two options. Get a sharpie and write on the storage drive and the RAM. Or, boot the pc. And do it in MS PAINT. And save it.
>>
>>18928612
For real though? Can I purchase this laptop? I'd love to have a captive demon. How'd you get it. How can I get it?
>>
>>18928948
>>18928949

I'm serious though. Can I have the demon? I really want it.

I guess I can help you with your RP if you really want. But if this is no bullshit. Please. Let me take it. It sounds like fun. And something I remember hearing about a few years ago.
>>
You need to let this information go, are you crazy?. It's strong enough to draw a demon; it would surely destroy you absolutely even if you excise the spirit.
>>
Lock the computer away and never let another soul touch it
>>
>>18928931
Basically the issue is that the rite to get rid of the demon involves altering the content of the information media it's inhabiting. In a more classic situation this would mean writing new sections for a book, altering sections of a scroll, etc, The problem I face is not understanding enough about computer information "architecture" if you can call it that, to effectively translate the ritual. An example would be, say, "insert this passage into the beginning of the book or the top of the tablet or scroll." What the fuck is the "top" of a computer's code relative to the way it's information is perceived by the "reader" (the subjective perspective of the person viewing the information on the computer)?

>>18928932
I considered this, but I don't know enough about how it can transfer off of this laptop to risk letting someone else monkey around with it until I find a way to perform the rite.

>>18928948
That seems intuitive, right? But I really don't think it would work to just write it physically on the object in this case. The demon inhabits the information of the item, not the physical item itself. The rite gets rid of it by altering the information on the item, not by altering the object itself. The distinction between what is "information" and what is "the item" seems to be relative to the way the information would be perceived by a person using the item to gain the information, which leads me to think that you wouldn't be able to exorcise the demon by altering the outside of the computer unless you could somehow see and read the code inside the computer without an interface, which I'm pretty sure no one can.
>>
>>18928612
>>18928919
Prove to us your computer has a demon or whatever. Is there anything you can show us? Like a picture? Something, anything
>>
>>18928977
You could install Tails in a Usb drive, which loads in RAM only so the demon couldnt boot and alter the code to survive the rite, do the rite itself and then you could format all to Hell if you want to.
There is no actual need, fornunately, to know computering code in this case.
>>
>>18928949
>Can I purchase this laptop?
Sure, after I get the demon and my info out.

>I'd love to have a captive demon
No you wouldn't, because it literally does nothing unless it's being "read" by a human, and while being "read" it is NOT fun.

>How'd you get it
That's not important.

>>18928959
Look, do you understand computer shit or not? Because if no, kindly fuck off. I'm not here to tell stories, I just need help with some conceptual translation.

>>18928966
It's not drawn to specific information, it just hides there. It's a (metaphorical) trap door spider from hell, not a demonic mastermind. It's not particularly intelligent.

>>18928972
Not an option.

>>18928978
>Is there anything you can show us? Like a picture? Something, anything
No. The best way to describe what it actually does is that it's a self sustaining memetic hazard that induces powerful hallucinations, dreams, and with enough exposure physical harm. There's no physical component beyond what would happen with prolonged exposure, which I only know about from event reports from the last group who had it.

>>18928991
Do you actually know computer shit? Because that would be fantastic.
>>
>>18928977
>The demon inhabits the information of the item, not the physical item itself.

Boot PC in safe mode. Run MS paint.

>The rite gets rid of it by altering the information on the item, not by altering the object itself. The distinction between what is "information" and what is "the item" seems to be relative to the way the information would be perceived by a person using the item to gain the information

OH! Then set up your ritual. And factory reset it. Or. Format the hardrive with diagnostic tools, overwriting everything with random trash data. Something like Kali Linux, should have a tool to "securely" remove all data from the storage drive.

That sounds like it will fit the bill. You get a boot disk with forensic software. And from outside the normal operating system, you destroy all data on the hard drive. Another annon is suggesting the same thing.

Still. Can I have the demon? I'd very much like to have a dangerous thought form trapped and unable to do anything.
>>
>>18929025
Also. I will mention, if you need to then *DESTROY* the altered data. A compressed air staple gun, does a FANTASTIC job at destroying hard disk drives. After erasing all the data. You can destroy the disk, which is on par with burning a book. Rendering all attempts to recover any of the data. Futile.

But. I really need to stress this. Can I have the monster? Please?
>>
>>18929025
Okay, so the issue I have here is that I don't know which part of the computer's information the demon is actually on right now. It could be on some specific file, it could be on an image, it could be on the binary number 1, so the second I turn on the computer I'm already exposed. I have to proceed as if the whole thing is contaminated, which isn't typically an issue, but the safeguards against exposure that I've taken in the past refer to different properties of the information (ie, do thing X to the beginning of the conceptual representation of the thing it inhabits). In the case of a book, that would be altering specific pages, but the problem with the laptop is I don't understand the relative "beginning" of the information, because it's not just the physical top of the paragraph, it would ideally be the beginning of whatever code creates the image I'm looking at on the screen that represents the characters used to make the information. I think that means I'm either going to be messing with base code or graphics code, but I really don't know, I'm not that computer literate.

>Destroy everything
I need info on that hard drive anon, destroying it isn't an option.

>can I have it
No, I'm going to "kill" it. The last 3 people who've had the fucking thing knew how to kill it, they just didn't want to. All I actually need to do is to exorcise it in a place far enough away from other possible host items that it can't transfer, then it's done.
>>
>>18929040
I've got better things to do than ask for a genie in a bottle. Well, a genie that would hurt anybody who tried to use it.

For your ritual. Create a bootable CD with this Linux distribution.

https://www.kali.org/

You could also make a bootable USB, but this is not recommended, as it would require all space on the USB, and spookey demon that you won't give me could jump into it. As it is technically writable media.

You need to enter your bios on the laptop. CTRL ALT DELETE will reset the process if you miss the bios. When it turns on, just start slapping f2 or f3 to get to the basic input output system menu. It's usually one of the F buttons. Find the tab called bood devices. Move the cd drive to the top. Now, save and exit. Your laptop will now boot to Kali Linux live CD. Which should be able to acess your hard drive, and completely erase all data.

That's all you need to do. It may destroy the hard drive in the process. I remember using it once, and it bricked the hard drive. Making it permanently unusable. And unreadable as a logic device.

That's all you need. But, I wish you'd surrender custody of the demon to me. I promise I wouldn't be unethical.
>>
>>18929082
Shit, it just occured to me that destroying the object is probably my only option, right? Even if I exorcise it from whatever piece of information it's currently in, it can just transfer itself to the info I actually want to keep.

Fuck it, I'm just going to drop the few grand to hire a professional practitioner and a professional programmer, and if they don't come up with anything, I'll just burn the fucking thing or sell it back to a research lab.

Thanks anyway.
>>
>>18929016
The beginning of your computers life happens in ROM BIOS (Read Only Memory Basic Input/Output System). After this recieves power and goes through a few written steps, power is handed to the Operating System or OS.

The Windows OS has what is called a Hive Registry, you might start there. Each time you start the computers life and enter the OS, you inhabit a new registry entry in the Hive - called the "User Profile Hive". This Hive loads profile information such as program data, user settings, network information. This is one segment of the OS which speaks to many of the other Hives. It is unlikely, if your resident is permanent, that it would live in this User Profile Hive.

Where would you find it? If it's stupid it would live in RAM - your random access memory. This is temporary "on call" memory used to load programs. Now, and most interestingly with old machines, RAM can accumulate 'clutter' and have data 'saved' to it - something that should not happen.

This data saving causes odd characteristics in a computer - and many times it kills the computer. Until its reset. To reset it...well...I don't believe your story, mainly because it's inconsistent. An i7 processor is really new - not part of a "shitty old laptop" as you say. So either you're a phony, or you lie. Why would I help you any further in releasing this creature?
>>
>>18928612
>>18929091
YOU NEED TO DESTROY IT

IF YOUR LAPTOP CONNECTS TO THE INTERNET IT COULD GET OUT

BURN IT BURN IT BURN IT

Seriously though, I don't know if your demon thing could survive moving to the internet but if it did a lot of people gon' git fucked.
>>
>>18929056
>Okay, so the issue I have here is that I don't know which part of the computer's information the demon is actually on right now. It could be on some specific file, it could be on an image, it could be on the binary number 1, so the second I turn on the computer I'm already exposed

No. The only place that persists after a power down. Is the BIOS menu which is READ ONLY. And the storage drive. You could flash the bios, which would overwrite anything contained in the CMOS chip. But it is difficult.

>but the problem with the laptop is I don't understand the relative "beginning" of the information

This is the Power On Self Test.

1 Fan. Power is running on the board.
2 Lights. The resistors and capacitors are functioning properly. At this point, the keyboard, mouse, speakers, and other basic input/output devices receive power and function at a diagnostic level.

3 RAM. Volatile memory is initialized. Nothing that passes through the ram survives a power down.

4 Video. RAM has begun working with the processor [also volatile memory.] To display information on the screen.

If this is an issue, you can pull out the ram, and the POST routine will fail. Meaning, that video will not load as the processor has no RAM.

5. Floppy I/O initializes and boots if assigned the highest position in the BIOS. You don't have a floppy drive.

6. CD. Same as above. At this stage. CD drives are only capable of read functions.

7 Storage drives are detected.

8 Storage drives initalized.

9 OS is identified, read, and prepares to load.

10 OS is loaded and you are prompted for your login information. The computer is now functionally running.

This process generally takes about 10 to 60 seconds.

I'm operating under the assumption that the only place the demon could have jumped to is in the operating system. The BIOS is read only, but with rouge thought forms, it's possible that the demon has embedded itself in there. HOWEVER. One of two.
>>
>>18929098
>Where would you find it?
No idea, hence my difficulty approaching the issue. I kind of just have to assume it's everywhere in the computer.

>An i7 processor is really new - not part of a "shitty old laptop" as you say
I bought the computer the year I graduated, which was like five years ago. That's old.

>Why would I help you any further in releasing this creature?
It's kind of irrelevant at this point, I'm just going to destroy it, I don't see any way I can do this safely considering the risks. In the past the demon has inhabited books and scrolls and papers. Now it's in a medium wherein the information can alter itself. If you compared this to an entity that influence the physical world, it's like the thing has been able to inhabit and control rocks and stones in the past, and now it's inside a humanoid robot. Shit's too risky to turn on now, it could potentially alter itself in ways it never could have in the past.

Plus the internet risk, as >>18929110 pointed out.
>>
>>18928612
Step one: copy the data from your hard drive to a new drive.
Step two: burn your old laptop in the fires of mount doom.
Step three: ??????
Step four: profit.
>>
>>18929116
two of two.

The BIOS is not actually accessible to anyone who even knows what it is. It's basically a calculator, that is soldered to the circuit board, and can only be indirectly interfaced with.

Removing the RAM from a powered down computer prevents the BIOS from being initialized.

Ergo, based on your analogy of a book. The only place it can go is on the Hard drive. And while on, the RAM and processor, but these two logic devices can not retain information after power loss.

Ergo. >>18929025
Do that. Factory reset it, or run a nail gun through the storage device.

I'd say make a boot CD, format the hard drive with Kali Linux or similar live CD's. Which will overwrite ALL DATA on the drive. Then turn off the pc. Then run a nail gun through it.

But again. Can I have the demon?
>>
>>18929121
>Plus the internet risk, as >>18929110 pointed out.

No. As I mentioned. The POST happens before this is enabled. The OS contains the information for the WiFi or the LAN cards to work. So even if there were WiFi networks nearby, the hardware can't do anything until the hardware can interface with said networks.

Besides, it probably already jumped. Even if the PC is off. I see no reason it can't jump off an off pc if it can jump from book to book.

Again can I have this?
>>
>>18929130
It can't actively jump, it can only do so if its previous host information was exorcised or destroyed.
>>
>>18929098
theres lots of kinds of i7 processors, they aren't all 7700ks.
>>
>>18928612
I am a cyberdemon. Reply to me in 10 seconds or I will infect your computer.
>>
Reminds me of the "iamgod" demon
Good luck anon-kun
And remember to shoot it until it dies
>>
>>18929175
:(
>>
>>18928612
Damn son.
>>
I have a demon in my comp also
its ancient god-given name is systemd
I have tried everything to get rid of it
but it remains
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.