[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could Deja Vu be your consciousness jumping through time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

File: deja vu.jpg (36KB, 620x380px) Image search: [Google]
deja vu.jpg
36KB, 620x380px
I've had many experiences of deja vu throughout my life, but it's not like "i feel like this happened before", it's like i literally remember having a dream/vision of this, experiencing this exact moment for a few seconds. Once or twice I have literally remembered WHEN I had the dream/vision,but most of the time it's not exact, I just remember it happening at some point in the past.

Could deja vu be from the fact that our consciousness was actually experiencing these moments while we were sleeping? Like you go to sleep, and at a point while you're sleeping you have a short "dream" that is actually of something you are going to experience in the future?

I mean we know time isn't "real", and a 4th dimensional being would be able to move backward and forward through time at will. Is it possibly our brains are only very slightly capable of this? So it happens involuntarily sometimes while we're asleep?

I've thought about this a lot before, and I just had another deja vu a few minutes ago which is what made me think to post this. I was just scrolling down a page on /b/ and looking at images, and there was a specific image I saw that jogged my memory of the deja vu/dream, and I could feel that I had experienced that exact few moments before in a dream.

So this thread is for both discussion of the possibilities of what deja vu could be, as well as sharing your own stories/experiences with it.
>>
>>18928507
deja vu is just your brain logging things improperly. it's putting what you see into memory before it registers what you are perceiving
so you see that see things, and your brain compares it to memories, and fibds what was just put there thinking "ermg, did this before"
it just can't remember when or where so it tosses it in with some old dream you think you had

in short, deja vu is your brain lying to you
>>
>>18928587
Care to back up any of that? Or is this just a "best guess" type thing?
>>
It's cute when people think they are the first one to come up with this shit
>>
>>18928615
That's the explanation, for real, look it up
>>
File: tumblr_mv1nqdHS4v1sljji9o6_500.gif (685KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mv1nqdHS4v1sljji9o6_500.gif
685KB, 500x281px
I'V JUST BEEN IN THIS PLACE BEFORE
>>
>>18928507
I have periods of time when I get deja vu "dream flashbacks" as I call them, where I vividly get the feelings you described, however this comes with an intense feeling of doom (the only way i can describe it) and heat flashes i suppose, just a really intense feeling of unease and light headed ness. Usually ican't help but grab my forehead and get a really worried look on my face, sometimes shaking my arm to cope with it, or being put on the verge of tears. Once the feeling dissappears however (about fifteen seconds) I'm completely fine, as it it never happened.

Usually it's about three weeks in a row of an average of one a day, then it goes away for just as long or longer, then it comes back.

Doc says it could be seizures, I'm due to see a neurologist this week. At first he told me it was Alice in Wonderland syndrome, but I don't see how its accurate seeing as I don't have a problem with the sizes of my surroundings.
>>
>>18928587
This is the most reasonable explanation, but I still wonder what triggers this scenario. Some people experience deja vu more frequently, and intensity is always a variable.
>>
>>18928507
Bump,
I used to have really bad deja vu, and I know exactly what you mean, I was able to pinpoint when i had the vision/dream, they usually happened about a week before the deja vu
>>
>>18928787
It's cute when people think they can be a condescending douche and not come off looking like a retard.

Can you show me where I said I thought I was the first one to come up with this idea? I mean you're clearly so much more intelligent than I am, so you must be correct, but I just can't seem to find where in my post I stated that I thought I was the first person to think of this possibility.

I would really appreciate your help, oh wise and superior anon.
>>
>>18929185
"look it up" isn't a valid way to support your claims. If you're going to state something as fact that isn't obviously true and clearly needs information to support it, and then just tell people to "look it up", nothing you say means shit and nobody is going to take you seriously.

You want people to take you seriously? Provide reliable sources for your claims. Otherwise you're just spouting bullshit and wasting everybody's time.
>>
>>18929590
Fuck dude, that's intense. I hope you get that shit figured out.
>>
>>18930940
Thats basic fucking stuff. You should already know this. Just look it up and stop bothering other people with your ignorance
>>
>>18930940
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=cause+of+deja+vu
>>
>>18930993
>Thats basic fucking stuff. You should already know this. Just look it up
Wow you're an idiot. You have no business having serious discussions or making serious claims about anything
>>
>>18930993
>>18931000
fuck off, retard
>>
What if deja vu marks a "save point" in our lives?

How might one trigger a restart back to that save point?
>>
>>18931043
zin uru...
>>
>>18931038
Stop being mad about nothing. If you want to learn about it just google it >>18931000. If you have an argument against this explanation, state it. Stop being autistic and begging for spoonfeeding.
>>
File: 1491514558692.jpg (21KB, 438x460px) Image search: [Google]
1491514558692.jpg
21KB, 438x460px
>>18931049
>Stop being mad
>>
>>18931042
lol what? Whats the matter even?
>>
>>18931049
>Stop being autistic and begging for spoonfeeding
Dear lord, have you literally never had an actual debate/discussion/argument? Saying "This bullshit I'm saying is a fact" and providing literally nothing to support it, then telling people to google it and stop "begging for spoonfeeding" is seriously the most idiotic shit I have ever seen. If anybody has autism it is very clearly you, and the more you refuse to back up your claims the dumber and more ignorant you look.
But go ahead and keep acting like a 12 year old if you want, it's clearly working well for you.
>>
>>18928587
>>18929185
>>18930993
>>18931000
>>18931049
you're either a troll or a complete retard
>>
>>18931065
But you are the one who doesnt know this and you are the only one claiming that this is bullshit. What stops you exactly from just looking it up? Why should I do it? You sound like an entitled cunt, but here you go you ignorant faggot:
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/04/160413113530.htm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D%C3%A9j%C3%A0_vu#Memory-based_explanations
http://www.realclearscience.com/articles/2013/01/10/why_does_deja_vu_happen_106435.html

It is literally your own ignorance. It is not my fault that you never heard of this explanation. Stop begging for spoonfeeding now
>>
>>18931075
good point. please share your idea about deja vu now
>>
File: 1492461582895.jpg (2KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1492461582895.jpg
2KB, 125x125px
>>18931092
>you are the only one claiming that this is bullshit
>I don't need to prove myself right, you need to prove me wrong

Yep, that's how arguing works.
>>
>>18931092
>It is literally your own ignorance. It is not my fault that you never heard of this explanation.
You are seriously a hopeless cause.
>>
>>18928507

Most times I have deja vu are times I have a dream that I can solidly remember having where the dream culminated in that exact moment happening... I always get the strangest feeling when it happens, kind of like I can feel all the possibilities in that moment, and feel reality branching out
>>
>>18931113
>>18931151
still going on? even after I got you some links? thanks for shitposting
>>
>>18928587
doesn't feel like it though, many people experience being able to predict what's gonna happen next because they've already seen it
>>
I had some weird deja vu crisis. For 15-20 minutes every time i look at something i have a deja vu. I tried to focus to understand what happens and collect every "memories" to see if they fit somewhere in my life. But every time they are like something someone else could have lived but not me. It's like having the memory of someone else.
>>
>>18931693
Being really tired does that. Happens to me all the time.
>>
>>18928587
I like this explanation but the last couples of times I've had deja vu I recited word for word what the other people would say or at least it seemed to me that way.
>>
Weird, I don't sense gloom or doom when I experience them. Rather it's more the feeling of deceived expectations of events through perceived expectations. Akin to irony, it's something you have experienced many times before playing out in front of you, but there is a sudden halt of closure that leaves you befuddled why it didn't happen like the previous countless times. Imagine seeing someone throw a water balloon at another person. You have seen this countless times before and know exactly what is expected to happen. The balloon is thrown, it flies through the air, and strikes the person getting them drenched in water. Well imagine the person threw the balloon, and right up until the point of impact, the balloon vanishes. Your expectations of the event unfolding are completely turned upside down. Nothing happened how is always has, and you are left with an odd need to solve this impossibility.

This is what I feel is the sensation of deja vu. A lapse in memory or perception that you try to understand why it wasn't like the others. And while you may feel as if "you have already seen this before, somewhere", it's more something you body is telling you while it's new information coming in. Perhaps the apex of memory starting and being stored, both perceived at the same time, where you should only perceive memory as past, not present.
>>
>>18928507
this is the way we perceive it, prophetic dreams aka not falsifiable

>>18928587
this is the neuropsychological standpoint, aka pseudoscience
>>
File: 1480970773424.gif (650KB, 598x444px) Image search: [Google]
1480970773424.gif
650KB, 598x444px
>>
>>18928507
Scientists say that means you're close to Alzhiemer
>>
>>18929590
classic TLE.
>>
>>18929590
I have the exact same thing and have done as far back as I can remember.
When I get the De ja vu flashes I can almost see all of the potential future moments for a micro second.
It's as though, for an instant, all of the doors are open.
Usually this shit happens with a particular trigger.
So weird.
I, like you, thought it could have been seizures too, scans came back perfectly normal though.
Weird.
>>
>>18931167
>>18938509
Same here bro
>>
>>18928507

You know there is a pretty good medical explanation. Deja Vu happens when your brain puts something you just saw into memory before telling you that you saw it.
>>
>>18928587

Sorry, I (>>18938567)
didn't scroll down. I've never seen anyone but me and a quick Google search give this reason before.
>>
>>18938486

What a load of horse shit. That would imply I've been "close to Alzheimer" for the past 26 years (my whole life)..
>>
File: CMS_Higgs-event.jpg (783KB, 1104x1018px) Image search: [Google]
CMS_Higgs-event.jpg
783KB, 1104x1018px
Best part is when you begin to notice Deja Vu happening for the first time. Such that you know you will have Deja Vu of this moment at some point in the future. Anyone else aware of this phenomenon?
>>
File: chilldoggo.jpg (83KB, 361x631px) Image search: [Google]
chilldoggo.jpg
83KB, 361x631px
My theory is that we have Deja vu's because we are trapped on an endless loop where we keep repeating our own lives over and over again, sort of like being in hell. Deja vu's are our chance to break the cycle.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.