[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/x/planation for mindfog

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

File: _ncazkdNB8e1skelofo1_1280.jpg (81KB, 700x433px) Image search: [Google]
_ncazkdNB8e1skelofo1_1280.jpg
81KB, 700x433px
The past 2 or 3 or 4 days I'm not sure how long it's been I have felt foggy, distant, unable to think clearly. When I haven't been distracting myself I just feel empty, devoid of spirit or hard emotion, neither happy nor sad and none of my usual interest in /x/ tier topics.
How do I unfog myself? I have looked for scientific answers but it has not helped thusfar. Could something more spooky be keeping me from thinking and feeling clearly? How do I combat this? I do not have chronic fatigue disorder, this shit has just been happening the past ..well however long it's been my memory is working atm. And please no turn to the light/god replies, I don't need that.
>>
>>18928159
*memory isn't working
>>
>noopept
>*racetam

These are standards for memory and cognitive support. Sort of edgy pseudoscience drugs, but shouldn't be discounted.
>>
File: 29coffee.jpg (43KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
29coffee.jpg
43KB, 800x600px
>>
File: 3240r3240r5.jpg (61KB, 793x625px) Image search: [Google]
3240r3240r5.jpg
61KB, 793x625px
>>
>>18928169
I'll look into that, thanks
>>18928173
I have built up and immunity to caffeine if that's what you're suggesting
>>
>>18928180
Even if I wanted to do coke (I admit I'm a little curious) there is not way I could get it here, not with my zero connections to anyone and my social anxiety disorder.
>>
>>18928192
USA, it is everywhere. buy online
>>
>>18928159
rejection of a cognitive states is neither healthy nor effective in eliminating them.

calmly observe and acknowledge your own current state.
do not try to change, nor to avoid change.
neither fixate upon nor ignore anything that you experience.
simply observe, acknowledge, and move on.
if you become distracted, neither attempt to follow the stray thought nor attempt to banish it.
simply observe and acknowledge the distraction as you would anything else.

the thoughts you have are not your self, nor are you your feelings, memories, experiences, or body.
those things are no more you than any of the other things which you call yours are.
find yourself outside of these things.
>>
>>18928226
Living in England, also neet currently living with parents who would go crazy if they caught me ordering cocaine to the house.
>>18928248
A little cryptic to my hazy head but I appreciate the suggestion regardless.
>>
>>18928265
He's suggesting the fogginess/depression
(?) is a veil that you can learn to step out of.
>>
>>18928305
Thanks for the summary.
I have had depression in the past and this is not it, I will try looking within myself for a solution to this though. I don't think this is anything long term but I'd still rather escape it sooner rather than later.
>>
>>18928159
Go find some iodized salt and eat a little bit every day. The small packets from restaurants are perfect for this.

It must be iodized.
>>
>>18928329
Interesting, I will take some packets next time I'm in a cafe.
>>
>>18928311

Go outside and get some sun. Get off the computer an sleep. Exercise.
>>
>>18928305
kind of.

we all experience the world around us by proxy through our scenes, our thoughts, our feelings, and the little stories we tell ourselves.
it can be no other way.
but this does not make any difference.
you are trapped in your mind and CANT get out.
but you DO NOT need to get out.

We can not know what it real, but it does not make any difference.
All we can know are the stories we tell ourselves.
If you don't like the stories you tell yourself, don't try to change them.
To change something is to define it in terms of it's previous self.
Instead, acknowledge it as what it is, and create something new defined self-referentially.

you cant interact with "reality" directly, only through the veil of your mind.
BUT, you are not the veil through which you interact with reality.
by understanding this, it can be seen that choosing a different veil is possible without ceasing to be yourself.

sorry for being cryptic, it is just really hard to explain.
good luck.
>>
>>18928159
Same thing has been happening to me!!!
>>
>>18928329
Why?
>>
>>18928625

Your thyroid needs iodine. Most people don't get it through their diets. Hence: Iodized salt.
>>
>>18928370
I walk places now and then, my anxiety disorder prevents me from jogging in public or going to a gym. My sleep pattern has never ever been a pattern at all but rather a circle where it starts off normal and slowly transitions to nocturnal and back again. I get plenty of sleep but the time of it depends on my position round the circle.
>>18928526
You think it's some sort of spooky event? I am open to tinfoil theories.
>>
>>18928659

>My sleep pattern has never ever been a pattern at all but rather a circle where it starts off normal and slowly transitions to nocturnal and back again. I get plenty of sleep but the time of it depends on my position round the circle.

I know what you mean. I'd say this is the root cause compounded by being a shut-in.

I work night shift 4 nights/wk. During this I sleep during the day, of course. No matter how much sleep I get, I'm disconnected and dazed. Everything is numbed down, even the taste of things. Then after the last night, II stay up all day and sleep that night. Makes a world of difference.

Up all night/sleep all day never used to bother me. Nowadays I think it has taken its toll.
>>
>>18928159
>have felt foggy, distant, unable to think clearly
>currently living with parents
Well there's your problem; also, are you fapping enough? A build up can be toxic; one needs to clean the pipes out, regularly.
>>
>>18928704
I fap quite often yeah, I think most shutins do unless they're nofap vargposters.
>>
>>18928684
That must be tough, when I was forced to go to college I would rarely sleep at night which would create derealization and that would aid in my depression. I am glad things aren't that bad now, I just sleep when I'm tired and that forms a natural circle.
>>
>>18928736
Well then, good luck with parents. They can be straight-up Dementors, even though they mean well...
>>
>>18928753
My parents aren't too bad, they're sad that I don't have a job of course and have no understanding of introversion but they're good people who aren't too restrictive or nosy and they give me a place to live while I learn to be normal or at least pretend to be.
>>
>>18928760
>while I learn to be normal or at least pretend to be.
That's what we're all doing. You get it.
>>
>>18928159
Sounds like depression. You should see a doctor, they have cures for that now.
>>
>>18928772
I know that normal is a spook but I mean how we're expected to act. My anxiety means that when put in social situations I can lose my voice, have panic attacks and literally run away from the situation not wanting to see another human for days. I don't wanna give up and be a normie I just wish I had confidence in my abnormality rather than anxiety surrounding it.
>>18928781
I had depression so I know the difference between depression and weird phases of everything being off
>>
I'm surprised no one has gone after me for being a special snowflake yet, I mean this thread is literally just me talking about my problems...
>>
>>18928786
The two often go together. Depression is known to affect sleep, and sleep is the most important factor for keeping your shit together. Get some sun, sleep, exercise, talk to people, you'll be okay.
>>
>>18928805
Fuck the sun. My dream is to move somewhere cold and live in a log cabin and to craft things that I'll sell to hipsters.
>>
>>18928814
Enjoy your depression and mindfog then. You don't need a lot of sun to feel normal, just don't sit in your darkened room all day.
>>
>>18928828
>enjoy the thing I have only had for a few days and will probably go away in less than a week
lol okay, also my depression is OVER
I have talked about it in the past tense
I love the dark, always have always will
>>
>>18928159
Accept They are with you, hence the Fog.
>>
>>18928878
who is they?
>>
>>18928159
thats called depression you dumb fuck
there isnt anything supernatural and unfortunately there really isnt a solution to it
the best you can do is have good friends and live
>>
>>18928781
>they have cures for that now.
they dont
antidepressants are actually a relatively new thing and are the most useful thing even though the majority of the help from it is from the placebo effect and the only thing they can actually fix is the lack of physical energy when it comes to depression
>>
>>18928895
no you're the dumb fuck you illiterate nigger
I have had depression like I have stated like 8 fucking times, this is not it. This is closer to derealization or extreme lack of focus.
>>
>>18928849
There's no such thing as depression being over, and you can love the dark and still spend 15 minutes in the sun so your body and brain don't decompose. At least take some vitamin D pills, maybe that will help. Good luck, judging from your posts you'll need it OP.
>>
>>18928912
Sometimes... I only see shapes. I don't see nothing but shapes.
>>
>>18928916
I will take some vitamin D pills
>>18928923
If that's a reference I'm not getting it sorry
>>
>>18928930
50% referrence.
50% real.
>>
>>18928916
>there's no such thing as depression being over
Depression comes and goes and at the moment it is gone.
>>
>>18928938
this describes 50% of my shitposts
>>
>>18928311
Stop drinking caffeine. Caffeine blocks the chems in your brain that make you feel tired. So they build up since you cant process them. Thats what you are feeling. I know many caff junkies that feel this way.
>>
>>18928159

So what have you been involved with that we may consider occult/spiritual?
>>
Depression is a bullshit disorder. Depression is just having nothing to look forward to. Happiness is the opposite. Thats the secret.
>>
>>18930820
I realize that I'm bumping a dead thread but sorta yes but nothing concrete just a weird thing that whenever I want something to happen or I'm waiting for something I can "ask baphomet" at it happens instantly, this has happened a bunch of times when I have said the name out loud but I know this could all be a string of coincidences. I don't have any solid occult experience.
>>
File: HA_kattflickan.jpg (143KB, 438x600px) Image search: [Google]
HA_kattflickan.jpg
143KB, 438x600px
>>18928159
I have the same problem! I quit drinking and smoking weed 1,5 months ago. Everything have gradually becoming better and clearer and I don't feel sadness and shame all the time. I'm bipolar, and been on 300 mg lamictal for about a year. Not sure if I'm bipolar tho, I've been a various substance abuser for 7 years and I feel like that's the reason I've been unstable. I'm 29 now.

But this mind fog as you call it. It's becoming a pretty big problem over the last week. I enter rooms and completely forget why I'm there, but usually I can backtrack my thoughts and eventually remember. I've read that lamictal can give you bad memory, but it was not this bad when I smoked weed while on it, and I smoked about a gram every day for a few years. Guess I'm rambling now but w/e. I hit my head really hard for 2-3 years ago, I really can't remember. And that didn't help. They made a ct-scan of my brain, can't remember if that's what it's called tho, but they told me I didn't get any internal bleedings.

But nevermind the story, the strange thing is about the last week exactly like op described it.
>>
This has been happening for the past year for me. I can almost say I want to die. It feels like a mix of depersonalization. Head pressure. Dogshit memory. My vision being blurry for some reason. And feeling dizzy/confused at times. It sucks so bad I just want to be normal again. I quit weed for about half a year and didn't feel much difference. At this point idk what the fuck to do.
>>
>>18932659
are you certain it is not a brain tumor?
>>
>>18928159
Drink more water.
>>
File: IMG_3524.png (256KB, 672x294px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3524.png
256KB, 672x294px
>>18928159
maybe you found something. Fight through it.
>>
>>18932808
Plz don't scare me
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.