[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

If you had undeniable proof of something that could change everything, would you share it?

What if it put your life in jeopardy?
What if it put our entire species in jeopardy?
What if it meant life was meaningless?
What if it was already too late?
What if it threatened the very Universe if it got out?
What if it was worthless, boring, mundane? What if the ultimate truth meant nothing, changed nothing, only that the shadows were lifted?
>>
>>18927018
>could change everything
>changed nothing

you mean like taking a gamble, because you'd never be sure if it'd change everything?
because a huge change could guarantee your safety/not mean certain assassination by every major power
>>
>>18927018

Of course not, survival of the fittest. Every man is an island, and if an island cannot support itself then it deserves to sink beneath the tides.
>>
>>18927077
You're supposed to ignore the inconsistencies.

What I meant was, let's say you have this big grand truth, the ultimate truth bomb. But it fundamentally means nothing, it won't change how the world operates, or how people think, or anything at all. That the greatest knowledge one could have turned out to be a hollow truth, that the most valuable thing was worthless all along.
>>
>>18927102
It's pretty hard to think of a huge revelation that means nothing. Because that implies that everyone will react the same to it ("meh") even tho it's so massive of a change.
>>
>>18927018

>What if
>What if
>What if

My take on this and feel what you refer to: Share it. Because if we don't fight we have already lost. Truth is meant to be shared. Fortune favours the brave i guess.

Do you trust the human heart?

I do. It has just been tainted with lies. This plane can be paradise or hell. Its up to us humans.
>>
>>18927151
It's not supposed to be easy to think about. Because if there is such a truth, and you can conceive of it, then you'll most likely find the proof of it easily. I can't think of anything that fits this category either, but I can think of this category, which is proof enough to myself that something exists inside of it.
>>
>>18927018
Truth is worth it. Noone deserves to be living a lie.
>>
We all can it's a matter of getting people to believe you, it's all very difficult
>>
>>18927395
That's what I meant by undeniable proof, that only outright obvious denial would be able to stop from believing you. Not just normal skepticism or chaffing with other beliefs.
>>
>>18927018

>If you had undeniable proof of something that could change everything, would you share it?

I would want to.

> What if it put your life in jeopardy?

Just my life? That's a disencentive but not a dealbreaker.

> What if it put our entire species in jeopardy?

That's a dealbreaker

> What if it meant life was meaningless?

Life is never meaningless

> What if it was already too late?

Then I would feel really bad

> What if it threatened the very Universe if it got out?

Dealbreaker

> What if it was worthless, boring, mundane? What if the ultimate truth meant nothing, changed nothing, only that the shadows were lifted?

Again, nothing is ever meaningless. But some people like shadows. I can see the aesthetic appeal. And I don't want to take shadows away from those who enjoy them.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.