[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have we created our own masquerade?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: anita sarkeesian.png (338KB, 485x494px) Image search: [Google]
anita sarkeesian.png
338KB, 485x494px
With the progression of technology and a ridiculously high amount of fake evidence, outright hoaxes, and unreliable sources I can't help but begin to wonder whether or not we have created the ultimate cover for the paranormal to hide behind. With the use of photoshop and other software unless a piece of evidence is confirmed to be 100% legitimate by the scientific community or possibly even the government itself, pretty much any claim can be dismissed as a fake or otherwise. Even video evidence can just as well be written off as as a hoax through the use of editing. In a way have we not created our own monster? At this point even if we did find a picture or video of something supernatural it can just as easily be thrown into the pile of hoaxes and grouped together with their lies. And it is all just because there have been so many attempts at tricking the rest of the world that it wouldn't even seem real. Thoughts anyone?

In short, "How can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real?"
>>
>>18926552
Between Internet and Science...
Yes, They can hide in plain sight.
>>
I hadn't ever considered it from that angle, that's a good point OP.
That coupled with the extreme skepticism of the general public surely simplifies life for spoops.
>>
>>18926552
Well the government and scientific priesthoods I believe have been instrumental in convincing the people that they are nothing more than organic robotoids who's duties they are to act as the internal wheel work of this leviathan of a modern age Babylon.
As a result of this dehumanization, we are totally grounded to a materialistic and relativistic sense of understanding of our world.
>>
this post turned into jaden smith real quick
>>
>>18926611
you mean cynicism, not skepticism.
a proper skeptic will not reject possibilities without testing them.
people making that mistake is the main problem with modern scientists.
>>
>>18926552
paranormal =/= all powerful
"they" would also underly the rule of probability and conflictive agendas
and get "caught" very fast
>>
if you know what your looking at you will be able to tell what is real and what isnt

now the sheeple will never accept anything as proof because of the conundrum you outlined

HOWEVER

the initiate will thrive and yurn for more photos of the subject and will probably fall victim to many hoaxes after seeing a few legit photos or videos
>>
File: index.jpg (5KB, 273x184px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
5KB, 273x184px
>MFW people just think your a role player or schizo if you mention being different to them
>MFW all i have to do is have a sarcastic tone and people just think im joking
>>
>>18930523
>Earth is flat and is 2000 years old
>Finland isn't real
>Jews run everything
>Distributism is our best economic system
>Aliens that look exactly like Hollywood's portrayal are real
>Alex Jones is right sbout everything
Why does everyone always think I'm joking?
>>
>>18928750
You know exactly what I mean you giant faggot.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.