[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

These are all 3 different pictures from 3 different sources.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 12

File: far_sides.png (2MB, 2628x836px) Image search: [Google]
far_sides.png
2MB, 2628x836px
Notice anything weird? All websites claimed this was the back side of our moon on Earth.
Third, on the right is from wikipedia. And the middle just looks shopped to me. 1st looks to jagged.

What does the real back of the moon look like?

>inb4 there is no back
Please keep that shit out of here. This is not a flat Earth thread.
>>
File: opie.jpg (42KB, 464x434px) Image search: [Google]
opie.jpg
42KB, 464x434px
>>18925400
>the back side of our moon on Earth.
>>
>>18925410
he means earth's moon, obviously.
>>
>>18925400
Moon is a hologram or science is lying?
>>
>>18925433
or the pictures are mislabeled, or taken from an angle not completely opposite our visible side.
>>
>>18925400
>3 different sources.
What are the other sources? (besides Wikipedia)

>middle just looks shopped to me.
There's clearly a seam down the middle, it must be 2 or more images pasted together.
>>
>>18925448
that's how they're done, satelite takes a picture of part, then another one, and another one, and they are made into a composite.
>>
Well, one and three look the same - as in, I think that whatever took those two photos just took them from different orbits/angles: the "skull" cluster of impact craters that are front and centre in #1 are top right in #3. #2 could easily be at a high resolution or put through a filter to see some other detail - you can find pics of most of our system's planets put through different filters/spectrums to illustrate different things. What things, I don't remember, I'm not a space dude.
>>
>>18925448
>>18925453
Yes, the seam! If this is how the photo is made, I don't buy it. I want an organic photo.

>>18925444
These photos appear to be organic, but from what angle? Surely there would be feature you could line up and compare with the photos? Or even with the side of the moon we do face?
>>
>>18925468
looks like you have a new hobby then.
>>
File: backsides2.png (1MB, 1853x597px) Image search: [Google]
backsides2.png
1MB, 1853x597px
>>18925458
Yes, this is what I would think, but the discrepancies are far too many.

Maybe if the rock were rotated so that these two objects were the same crater? Doesn't seem quite right.
>>
File: illrillr.jpg (254KB, 1071x631px) Image search: [Google]
illrillr.jpg
254KB, 1071x631px
>>18925478
I am an official irlrminati hunter n00b. #pizzagate
Here is my card for proof. I want answers.
>>
File: Moon_clementine_lidar.jpg (1MB, 2162x1081px) Image search: [Google]
Moon_clementine_lidar.jpg
1MB, 2162x1081px
Here is a laser scan from the Clementine Laser Image Detection And Ranging (LIDAR) experiment. Does it match with any of my sample pics? I believe the data is overlayed on a separate image, possibly one created by nasa.
>>
>>18925400
>
I suspect the one on the right isn't a back view, but more of a profile. The grey regions on the upper right my be on the side facing us.
>>
File: moon_map_mercator.jpg (322KB, 1440x720px) Image search: [Google]
moon_map_mercator.jpg
322KB, 1440x720px
>>18925541
Another map, Mercator projection of surface. The near side is at the center of the map
>>
File: left_view.jpg (136KB, 854x836px) Image search: [Google]
left_view.jpg
136KB, 854x836px
>>18925400
The image on the left is definitely NOT the rear side of the moon. You can clearly see the recognizable dark features visible from earth. It appears to be taken from an angled direction.
>>
File: 1000px-Moon_names.svg.png (376KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
1000px-Moon_names.svg.png
376KB, 1000x750px
>>18925797
Another named map of the near side for good measure.
>>
>>18925468
Dude.
It's a composite because there is side illumination to specifically show the relief of the craters.
If you have side illumination, this means that the side of the moon opposite the light source is in shadow. That's right, like a half or three-quarter moon.
So if they wanted to show you a pic of the entire moon, with those nice relief shadows everywhere, they'd have to shoop two halves together, one side with light from the left side and the other with light from the right.
I have astronomy books from the fifties that show these style of composites and they point this out in the caption.
If you ever have a chance to see the full moon through binoculars or a scope (if you can stand the bright glare) you'll see that the lack of shadows washes out detail, so that's why they traditionally composite from phase photos.

If you're puzzled about the positions of features, I don't have time to explain but for fucks sake google "moon libration". You might have to get your head around planetary geometry but please give it a try. This is SO early-twentieth-century news to any beginning amateur astronomer.
>>
moon's don't real m80
>>
File: la1_lg.gif (23KB, 733x670px) Image search: [Google]
la1_lg.gif
23KB, 733x670px
>>18925909
simpler map
>>
>>18925400
Here is a video of the complete rotation of our moon, as made by composite from images taken by the LROC wide angle camera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNUNB6CMnE8

Here is a page detailing how they made it:
http://lroc.sese.asu.edu/posts/707
>>
>>18926058
As anon said, you won't see any (or as many) shadows in the composite video above because the LROC WAC is taking pictures from directly above.
>>
>>18928267
>how they made it:
Looks CGIsh as fuck.
>>
File: 643nm_nophotom_1000p.png (629KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
643nm_nophotom_1000p.png
629KB, 1000x1000px
>>18928633
You can tell by the pixels, right? Here's an example of the pics taken by LROC before they are composited into a single image.
>>
>>18928654
You can't probe LROC exists.
If it exists, you can't prove these are authentic images.
I won't believe shit unless the time comes when I can launch a nanosat to lunar orbit and livestream on my own.
>>
File: Recycl eBin.png (20KB, 272x292px) Image search: [Google]
Recycl eBin.png
20KB, 272x292px
>>18925400
>flat earth conspiracy is retarded
>hidden alien bases on the moon is not
LOL /x/
>>
>>18928700
not him, but: Literally "prove me wrong".
That's how you know the other guy won the argument
>>
>>18928700
Authenticity doesn't exist. It's an Illuminati lie.
>>
>>18928700
You can't prove the LROC doesn't exist. The argument goes both ways.

Your argument is comparative to "I've never left my country, and you can't prove that china exists".
>>
File: moon rotate.gif (3MB, 640x361px) Image search: [Google]
moon rotate.gif
3MB, 640x361px
>>18928267
gif version
>>
the earth is flat, everyone just deal with it
>>
>>18929916
animation, fake, you believe this? whio told you? dogma, nasa, government

control the perception of landmass control the people
>>
>>18931534
>trying this hard
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.