[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mind blown

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

File: 2xcluster.jpg (1MB, 1914x1072px) Image search: [Google]
2xcluster.jpg
1MB, 1914x1072px
I've spent too many nights laying in bed thinking about this and still it blows my mind.

It seems life has some basic core intelligence that I don't believe can occur naturally, a blueprint embedded into life at it first moments which makes no sense happening naturally.

The first ever life on earth is thought to be a bacteria life form with zero reason/drive to do anything, yet for some unknown reason it knows to divide and spread, scientists say it's a survival mechanism which I don't doubt but it still asks the question where did the knowledge come from, even if the mechanisms for life randomly created itself how would it without a prior intelligence know to store this information.

When we create something be it a action or painting there's is always some form of intelligence behind it so why am I to think that first life was created any differently, maybe random in inorganic matter created life but once it was here it had some sort of knowledge.

When we look and the very structure of life even the most basic life we don't see simplicity, it's a complex network of proteins that have to align perfectly the in order to create even the most simple life form the odds of this are very low, and very low is a very bad understatement, despite the odds it happened but it still doesn't answer the questions of why when these conditions are met, life somehow knows to store information, pass it on, spread, survive and adapt, where and how is this even possible, in instance of life first being created where did all this information come from?

Tiny little cells randomly arranged themselves to create reading and writing information system that also adapts itself and spreads while at the same time creating a "drive" to survive for no reason because lighting hit some non living stuff.

What kind of universe do we live in?
>>
>>18923630
>What kind of universe do we live in?

An artificial one, the worst or the best, depends on you, part is that the more people realize we are living in an artificial universe the sooner it will be terminated.
>>
>>18923744

I agree that's it's artificial but I don't think there's a end goal.
>>
>>18923630
I think you're approaching this from the wrong angle. You're assuming that the universe is a sterile environment in which life happened to form. In that case, yes, it is largely unlikely. The reality, however, is that the universe is teeming with life, like dust in your home, it is literally absolutely everywhere. The universe IS life, it is a living, breathing entity.
The mysterious thing would be areas where no life exists.
>>
>>18924483
>The mysterious thing would be areas where no life exists.

Not really. That would make the Dead Sea the most interesting thing around.
>>
>>18924510
Marianas trench. Extremophiles are cool.

There are islands of absence, and that's incredible
>>
Well obviously we're in God's universe, the universe of infinite complexity and naive simplicity, of plentiful modes of being and experience, of light and energy, of rules and love and stories..
>>
>>18923630
the world is highly spiritual in nature, and it is also psychedelic in nature..

Psychedelics and spirituality are two sides of the same coin.

I believe that the realm of spirit overlaps with the realm of psychedelia.

like psychedelia takes you to the realm of spirituality and spirituality takes you to psychedelia.

as in, reaching a meditative state where it's like you're on a drug.

and reaching deep meditative states from being on psychedelia.

The spirituality aspect is pure, whereas the psychedelic aspect is a bit more grimy.

Idk how to put my belives into words.

it's as if there is a spiritual or psychedelic realm, where everything exists as an idea. And that we live in the world of phenomena.

Every phenomena has an idea for it, but there could be more ideas than phenomena.

All phenomena come from the realm of ideas.

No idea come from the realm of phenomena.

The thing is that everything there is or could possibly be exists in the realm of ideas, which is like a realm of pure thought. You can manifest whatever you'd like, because you're living in the idea realm, where everything exists as ideas, which are intangible in nature.

But in order to produce a phenomena, you have to manifest it into reality. And I believe there to be intelligent systems, which knows all ideas, knows all stages of everything to be in at any time.

It could tell how the miniscule building blocks for life could grow life into existence, by letting the idea unfold itself into the material plane.

idk magical wooo woo happens and here we are
>>
>>18923630
The key error in your reasonement is "believe"
>>
>>18923630
I think about that too, but then I get to the point where everything is seemingly done by intelligent design and shtf from there so I just say fuck it and forget the entire trail of thought.
>>
>>18924483

Yes but dust has no intelligence left alone dust will remain dust.
>>
>>18924577
>>18923630
If you try to understand the universe without using beliefs, you will realise soon that, what we human seek is meaning, but that the universe refuse to give us meaning, we can understand a lot about how things works or can work, but there is no meaning that can be found outside of beliefs, the universe and your human condition is naturally absurd, nobody exist on purpose, there is no reason for you to live, and you are going to die, and you can't avoid it, the only logical way is to embrace this absurdity and to find happinnes in it, oh also, don't believe, if you want to stay logical
>>
>>18923630
It's very simple, and you're hung up on terminologies that glaze over what actually happened. All that was necessary was that organic molecules became complex enough to self-replicate through molecular, and not mental, processes. The ones who succeeded got to live and the ones who didn't didn't. What you're describing as "knowledge of survival mechanisms" is really just the fact that everything that survived did so because it could self-replicate, and so the ability to self-replicate was itself replicated. Evolution was just accidental mutation due to interference in these repetitions.
>>
its not knowledge, dumbass. the ones that were unable to reproduce simply didnt prosper.

you're thinking about dust but its more like stardust. reactions naturally happen, its not like it was just sitting there and chose to "be" all of a sudden. initally life was just the result of a reaction that didnt stop acting.
>>
the reactions that randomly replicated remained while the reactions that didnt, the reactions that just moved around and the reactions that just cooked spaghetti never survived to this day.
>>
>>18924577

Maybe I'm mistaken but facts are facts and when you really research life and it's building blocks there are no viable answers as to why life would unfold the way it does or where it comes from.

It's like we've seen program creating something step by step, we can make calculations based on what's happening, we can even look back and make theory's on how it go there but when we look at the program itself everything breaks down. When was the last time you saw a program create more programs and think that the original program must have created itself? All the evidence shows that intelligent life creates intelligence.
>>
>>18924735
you are looking at it backwards
we are not "discovering" a program of life we are observing the chaotic way that life evolves and putting our own labels on things that occurred

to think life you do, you have to ignore the countless trillions upon trillions of attempts at evolution that failed
it only looks programmed because we only see the ones that worked
>>
>>18923630
Life is but the most organized stage of matter. Life is a logical consequence of existence: it just happens to exists because it does. The only driving force that compels all life forms into seeking their survival and thus reproducing themselves is suffering. Suffering alone is what keeps life going.
>>
>>18924776

I'm not doubting evolution is real to some extent, just that at the beginning there was some basic code, which we don't understand, like I said all the evidence shows that intelligence creates intelligence we can create life in tests to show how it could have happened naturally but in doing so it's only more evidence that intelligent life was create by intelligence.

I'll need to do more research.
>>
>>18924893
Dude, the majority of life isn't even sentient. I'll bet the origin of animal life was some fern in the butt of the galaxy that "wanted" them to carry it's spores.
>>
>>18924857
Edgy
>>
>>18924893
except that intelligence didn't enter the picture until much later

to say the abberation that caused the first true life to duplicate and evolve required an intelligence is life saying the earth must have had intelligence to know how to orbit the sun

its not knowing, it just did because science
if it hadn't, we wouldn't be here to think about it
>>
>>18924915
Suffering is not edgy you flaming homo.
>>
>>18923744
>>18924431
What makes this universe artificial then?

What would a non artificial universe look like?

Do you think it has to be random?

And what is your idea of how a universe can be created artificically anyways?

Every universe has some form of structure and design. Universes are creations from concsiousness. As it is a creation of concsiousness there is infinite harmony within it because it was all "dreamed up". There are no barries in this way of creating and there are infinite possibilites.

There are no random "naturally created universes". In fact, concsiousness is that nature of all that is. That wich we experience is that wich we experience, a flow of concsiousness that we co create simply by experiencing, projecting etc.

I believe each universe and each thing that is consists of the same infinite and intellegent energy. It can take any shape that concsiosuness gives it. It can be transmuted but never destroyed.

I think each universe is part of a multiverse, then multiverse groups and then whatever comes after that. From the single quantum particle to the biggest group of multiverses. Each piece can be infinitely diveded into more intellegent/infinite energy. All this energy strives to become and create more out of itself. You could say all energy strifes to become one with the "Creator". But it's a neverending ladder in my opinion. The creator does not exist but it rather the infinite mystery of why things are in the first place.

While I do believe that the creator does not exist I do believe that the higher one climbs the ladder the more power one being will have. However I don't think that determinism and free will are mutually exclusive. Beings that are infinitely higher than us may have more power but it is always harmonious with our own free wil. I believe that is what as above so below really means. It's all like an infiite harmonious clockwork in wich each part can move on its own but they are all connected.
>>
Life. Earth's biggest mistake.
Around 3.5 Billion years ago our fossil record for the lifeforms that would become us, begins. I've read some things about how this ancient hellscape actually wasn't that bad. That Earth's oceans weren't super-heated liquid water (the atmosphere was still death incarnate, because life fixed that later). And who knows how many potential progenitors of life formed and failed those first billion years, or in the timespan since. Some of those lifeforms certainly couldn't procreate, some probably couldn't absorb energy, some are probably still in the ocean waiting out billions of years of their competition's children for their spot in the sun.
Now, remember anything that isn't our greatest ancestor but still shares its DNA (humans, ferns, E. Coli, slime molds, tardigrades, amoeba, etc.) is actually a genetic mutation, a failure as protein chains lose/change/gain information while duplicating. Our great-great-great-great....great-grandmother was probably (not neccesarily) the first lifeform on Earth that did multiply, or at least the most succesful at it.

This is simplicity itself. Look at viral RNA for comparison. Look at computer code.
Compare manmade structures to natural ones. Nature follows a pattern, where does this pattern come from? Electrons and atomic interactions. Because life is chemistry, as chemistry is physics, as physics is math. The whole Universe has its own basic math (Fibbonacci sequence) and EVERYTHING follows it. Even as additional layers of complexity are added on, it really never loses its simplicity. It takes the over-built mind of a human to overanalyze things and make them seem like they're far more involved than they really are. The spread of life is the spread of energy. The electrons in your brain passing between information from nerve cell to cell in a code that predates our whole galaxy.

The type of universe we live in is the type of universe following its own unalienable code from start to termination.
>>
I think about it like that:
The way bacterias behave and are able to reproduce etc is the only way for them to reproduce and also to survive. Thats why they behave like that, if they would behave differently they just wouldn't be a thing.
Also I believe that we are thinking about everything in a complete absurd way. We believe that we are seeing and experiencing the world in the way it really is. Truth is that we are only an animal that learned to survive and because of that we have a limited way of thinking, because our way of thinking is the one which allowed us to survive and not the way to understand the universe.
>>
Don't let anyone ever belittle you for reflecting and thinking
>>
>>18924637
right, and you know this because you were there when the first biological organisms coincided their way into existence.
or perhaps you have discovered preserved remains of the first biological organism.
short of either one of those happening, how can you know?
>oh wait you cant
>>
Follow the Light.
>>
>>18923630
>When we create something be it a action or painting there's is always some form of intelligence behind it so why am I to think that first life was created any differently

That's basically intelligent design.
>>
>>18930758
>modern "art"
>intelligent
LAMO

I'll say it could be a bit paranormal that they don't starve, but there is a lot of money laundering behind the scene.
>>
>>18923630
>>18923744
I disagree with the whole artificial/intelligent design idea. Every planet we know of aside from the one we are on does not host life. To think that an creator would make a universe so massive just for one planet for one race is a bit of a stretch.

Give the universe enough time over a large enough area ~13.3 billion years lets say, over time the probability of an extremely unlikely outcome (the development of life) becomes almost guaranteed. Of course, the generation of life doesn't guarantee it will evolve to a level similar to ours (complex multi-celled organisms) as that takes another few billion years, overcoming millions of more obstacles and avoiding millions of events that could just wipe out all life in an instant.

Odds are pretty stacked against order in our universe but it seems like we beat them.
>>
>>18928663
what light
>>
>http://llresearch.org/library/the_law_of_one_pdf/the_law_of_one_pdf.aspx

If you have come to this conclusion naturally, OP or any lurker for that matter, read The Law of One. Essentially, it's a group of UFO hunters from back in the day, who found a way to channel the entity we know of as Ra from the Egyptian pantheon. Putting views of religion and such aside, the message Ra is trying to provide is essentially the big enchilada of what you are talking about.

You have found a bit of the truth, and I am on the same path you've stumbled upon. The Ra material will give you answers, even if you don't personally agree with the words. Love is the answer my friend, love created all of this with the help of the Light/Love from our sun.
>>
>>18931057
The problem of abiogenesis is stranger than that.

Firstly, the chemical process itself looks like it is going to require exotic materials.
Secondly, there is the problem of chirality.
The problem of chirality makes the probability of one planet with life incredibly slim, without the discovery of another process.
The problem is we are searching for this process that would involve exotic chemical reactions, when the vast majority of chemical reactions produce racemic mixtures.
What are the chances that the process of life would involve these rare exotic chemical reactions that coincidentaly solve the problem of chirality?
>>
>>18923630
it blows your mind because you are missing the key mechanism: natural selection.
natural selection is not some complicated process which selects the "best" in any way.
it is simply this:
things which do not reproduce are not represented in the next generation.
therefore, because reproduction is much faster than spontaneous generation, all life found are descendant from things that reproduce.
moreover, descendants of things that reproduce more are more common than descendants of things that reproduce less.

and now: the story of cellular life:

bacteria were not the first life.
first came randomly created organic molecules.
most of these did nothing and died quick, unimportant deaths.
for a few billion years, this was repeated, creation, pointlessness, and death.
one day, by random chance, a RNA molecule formed with the right pattern to fold up in such a way that it catalyzed RNA formation.
most of the newly catalyzed RNA was useless as before, but enough were like the one that created them to start exponential growth.
from there, RNA spiraled out of control.

the next break through was an RNA which copied another RNA precisely.
next, an RNA which made proteins based on patterns in other RNAs.
proteins turned out to be much better than RNA at catalyzing reactions.
from there, RNAs were found which coded for reproductive proteins which made the old RNA self replicators mostly obsolete.
then DNA was found as a more stable alternative to RNA, an advantage now that it was being used for coding.
the next breakthrough was a protein which makes phospholipids.
phospholipids formed membranes which kept all the other important molecules close together.
this was the first cell
>>
>>18924570
>like psychedelia takes you to the realm
>the realm
Ok I'll admit when I took 2 tabs I swear there was this 3D/4D plane pattern that would interlace my entire vision...very wavy and kaleidoscope in nature. Perhaps this is that realm? Did I "peak" under the veil of existence?
>>
>>18931221
Probably, take more lsd or smoke dmt if you want to really know. Word of caution though, dreams and reality might merge and with that merge you will notice that there is no inherent difference between sleep and wakefulness.

You could go mad and in your madness you will find that it makes as scary amount of sense.
>>
>>18931080
He is right, follow the Light, you may actually understand what is a paradigm,a singularity, what is science, how it evolved, what we know about the universe, and how YOU CANT Fucking start any logical thinking on a fucking BELIEF , but hey, look at history of science, a lot of scientist tried to do that before, look at their work
>>
File: 1489781114535.png (315KB, 531x502px) Image search: [Google]
1489781114535.png
315KB, 531x502px
>>18923744
>Terminated because people got smart
>Infinity gets terminated

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You just ascend and understand infinity. Eventually you can give up yourself to infinity.
>>
>>18931200
Wow dude
>>
>>18928663
This.
>>
>>18931200
hello anthony
>>
>>18932566
im hal. who is anthony?
>>
>>18923630
>The first ever life on earth is thought to be a bacteria life form with zero reason/drive to do anything, yet for some unknown reason it knows to divide and spread, scientists say it's a survival mechanism which I don't doubt but it still asks the question where did the knowledge come from, even if the mechanisms for life randomly created itself how would it without a prior intelligence know to store this information.

Learn formal logic. Learn some basic chemistry, preferably with labwork.

It all starts to make sense then.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.