[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The problem with skeptics is that they stop being skeptic at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

The problem with skeptics is that they stop being skeptic at an arbitrary point.

It's ok not believing blindly in stories about ghosts, for example. But when a "rational" explanation for it comes, you should be skeptic of it too. Never stop questioning, specially questioning your own beliefs of having understood something completely.

There's the classical skepticism about God the creator. The "childlike fairy tale" of average-IQ christians is surely something to be skeptical about. But do you become suddenly satisfied with your understanding when you learn about the big bang? There's so much more to ask, and the possible answers open space to new "futurelly scientific" explanations that could include even ghosts and reincarnations. When the question of "why/how does something exist, instead of nothing" is met with "there's a probability of something existing, so it does" (or similar) and you are SATISFIED with that, you are just lazy. Question every answer that you come up with.

The "I know everything that is knowable" egocentrism of average atheists is pityful.
>>
>futurelly
out, sorry senpai
>>
time dilation after the big bang is known, yet retarded astrophysicists imply things beyond the scope with dating the age of the universe without accounting for the dilation.

It doesn't matter what you believe, it matters how you'll be judged, and that has nothing to do with what you believe.
>>
>>18922212
People judge for what you believe in.

I see your point tough and I also think that it's wrong.
>>
File: ourouboros.jpg (41KB, 496x547px) Image search: [Google]
ourouboros.jpg
41KB, 496x547px
>>18922228
No one knows how they'll be judged, thus whatever beliefs they own do not factor into it.

Things matter, this isn't nihilism, but worrying or spending an egregious amount of interest thinking about beliefs, what you believe, what anyone should or shouldn't believe, or what I believe is ridiculous. If you're needed, you'll be made to believe what is needed of you to believe. If you believe what someone else needed you to believe, then your prior beliefs never accounted into it.

belief has nothing to do with it.
>>
>>18921935

This is pretty much 100% how I think and feel about it, too, OP.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.