[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In a zombie apocalypse, why do so many focus on preparing for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: 1492636756308.png (206KB, 565x508px) Image search: [Google]
1492636756308.png
206KB, 565x508px
In a zombie apocalypse, why do so many focus on preparing for zombies?

It should be obvious the biggest threat would be the other survivors.

pic unrelated
>>
File: 126506412743x2.jpg (136KB, 1100x944px) Image search: [Google]
126506412743x2.jpg
136KB, 1100x944px
>>18921272
>zombies
what kind of zombies?

Walking Dead zombies
Night of the Living Dead zombies
Return of the Living Dead Zombies
World War Z zombies
28 Days Later "zombies"

What are we talking about here?
>>
28weeks wasn't zombies. It was just people infected with rage
>>
>>18921869
aka the only somewhat realistic way "zombies" could ever happen.

What is strange to me is why does so many people even consider zombie outbreak as an actual possible threath? Let alone unironically prepare for such scenario.
>>
>>18922060
If you are prepared for zombies you are prepared for anything. Except rational thought, that stuffs toxic, luckily it isn't too contagious.
>>
>>18921272
zombies aren't real if virus spreads like 28 days later it would be like ebola only 10x worse and everyone would just die not run around and eat each other
>>
>>18921272
this is what i liked about night of the living dead and day of the dead, romero made survivor conflict a major part of the story.
>>
>>18922921
Maybe something with a very long incubation period, people spread it without noticing, and then suddenly everyone gets uber-rabies.
>>
>>18922934
welcome to it
>>
>>18922060

Could be possible there's strange viruses out there, like the fungus that effects the minds of ants which turns them kinda into "zombies".

My guess is it would probably be a man made virus, turn off some stuff in the brain and induce rage and hunger.
>>
>>18921272
The Gov already has the "zombie pills". Tested twice in Florida. Both subjects preferred to consume the face first. Had amazing strength etc..
My point, is that survivors will freak out.
>>
>>18921384
return zombies are the best kind
>>
File: 1480644356793.gif (4MB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1480644356793.gif
4MB, 2000x1333px
>>18921384
Doom zombies?
>>
>>18921272

You know what survives a zombie apocalypse right?

Zombies.
>>
>>18921272

You're not wrong, but those other survivors aren't going to become a threat until at minimum a couple of days after the initial "takeover" of the undead, when their supplies begin to dwindle.The zombies are a threat from day one, and with them handled, you can then spend the time you've bought yourself observing and scouting the area to find out where other potentially hostile survivors are located and develop your plans to deal with them based on that information.
>>
>unifonically prepping for zombies

you should be learning how to plead for your life in Russian or Chinese

i guess it's a cool scenario to imagine but anyone who preps for it should be raped by a nigger in SHTF >>18923054
not forever

when the cold steel katana wielding retards die / get eaten the zombies are gonna get no food and will just rot away after a while
>>
File: 1430402201138.png (886KB, 800x2449px) Image search: [Google]
1430402201138.png
886KB, 800x2449px
Bourgeois lies
>>
I suppose it's because they think that everyone who's left will simply talk everything out. Anyway, it's better and more realistic to prepare for a nuclear apocalypse, although there's no real difference in the needed materials.
>>
>>18921384
Night of the Living Dead zombies are the only real zombies
Fuck the super fast mutant crap
>>
>>18923939
Neck yourself you commie propaganda pushing faggot. I want you to know if you ever say any pro communist shit and I happen to overhear I'm going to fucking stab you
>>
>>18923939
good work comrade
>>18924601
one day you will hear us and you will be crushed
>>
File: ancap-meme-generator2.jpg (316KB, 547x653px) Image search: [Google]
ancap-meme-generator2.jpg
316KB, 547x653px
>>18921272
>>
File: 1491801551868.jpg (77KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1491801551868.jpg
77KB, 720x960px
Maybe because the want to reorganize the society and make it functional again not run around killing other survivors and acting like a bit smarter zombies
>>
>>18921272
To be fair shows like Walking Dead do show the dangers of other survivors. Other movies like Romero's deal with the exact outbreak when it is most vital to defend against zombies.
>>
>>18921272
>Pic unrelated
It's very related.
>>
>>18925521
Hey middle class American teenager enjoying LARPing as a Commie? Come to a real country where we beat our Commies out of our lands. I'll send you and your fucking teeth back in two different boxes
>>
>>18922934
Here's the thing - if you combine mindlessness with an inability to feel pain the result isn't a super fast and strong berserker, it's an uncoordinated sideshow that kills or hobbles itself in minutes.

>patient zero finishes incubatinh, goes feral, cant feel pain
>sees a person in front of them
>blindly lunges in a rage
>trips over their own feet
>cracks skull on the pavement
>outbreak over
>>
Not really. Zombie hordes would be huge, going for miles on end wandering around the country. Eventually your ammo will run out.

Most survivors would band together, after the zombies have been killed would be the time people start killing each other.

The easiest tactic for zombies is get into a valley that is closed on all sides apart from one, make a block and have people with pikes, spears, guns, etc kill the zombies
>>
>>18925521
>just got roflstomped on own home patch in front of the world
>f-f-fascists watch out
lmao
>>
>>18921272

Power fantasy, they don't want to compete against likely more competent challenges (other survivors). They want to feel like a 1337 badass because they feel inadequate against other humans already. It's easier to do fucked up things to people when you don't consider them people, hence why internet trolling is so god damn popular. You don't have to deal with those stomach roiling thoughts about morals, and being a "Good Person" when the ones you're doing it to aren't so close to how you view yourself.

tl;dr Because people are awful animals and deserve extinction.
>>
>>18921272
First of all people need to fuck off with this whole 'zombies are people infected with a virus/fungus' bullshit.

Zombies are the reanimated corpses of the recently deceased, nothing more, nothing less.
>>
>>18927379
I concur; confusing zombies with artifical ghouls is racist, not to mention blatant cultural appropriation.
>>
>>18921272
Zombies are scary for two reasons: they're contagious (meaning, if one goes unnoticed, you'll soon have a massive zombie infestation on your hands) and they're mindless, you can't negotiate and reason with them. Well-equipped human survivors may individually be more destructive, however you can reason with them and convince them that working together is more productive than killing each other off, and the worst they can do is kill you, they can't both kill you and re-animate you to fight on their side.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.