[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone remember the sprites for Pokemon being different

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 16

Does anyone remember the sprites for Pokemon being different between Red and Blue?
I had the red version and my brother had the blue version.
I distinctly remember the sprites being different. For example Charmander looked like the bottom sprite in my picture for the red version.
The problem is that they are now identical. In this picture the left image is Pokemon Blue, the right image is Pokemon Red, and the bottom image is from Pokemon Green which was only released in Japan.
>>
>>18920831
Its the same with Bulbasaur (I remember the bottom sprite appearing in Pokemon Red, but it doesn't anymore)
>>
>>18920835
And for Squirtle. I remembered a lot of sprites from the green version were in my red cartridge, but now they all look like how they looked in the blue cartridge.
>>
>>18920831

Answer those are the Gen 2 sprites for Gold and Silver.
>>
File: JoesephKnows.jpg (12KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
JoesephKnows.jpg
12KB, 299x168px
>>18920863

Also this isn't paranormal retard google is your friend.
>>
>>18920863
No they are not. They are from the Japanese Gen 1. But I had them in my Pokemon Red (English) version.
They were different man. This is what Blastoise looked like in my version. I distinctly remember looking at my brothers game (blue) and thinking about how bad his version looked.
>>
>>18920870
This is what Blastoise now looks like in both red and blue.
>>18920865
It is paranormal, it relates to changes between universes or something!
>>
File: Kill yourself.png (119KB, 882x324px) Image search: [Google]
Kill yourself.png
119KB, 882x324px
>>18920870

Youre right they are ripped off Deviant Art.
http://dakotaatokad.deviantart.com

OP is retarded confirmed
>>
File: sprites.png (39KB, 1016x537px) Image search: [Google]
sprites.png
39KB, 1016x537px
>>18920831
Yes they were.
this is not paranormal.
>>
>>18920880
No, those images are from the Pokemon Green cartridge from Japan.

I had this version of Graveler in my english Pokemon Red.
>>
File: RickSanchez.jpg (10KB, 199x253px) Image search: [Google]
RickSanchez.jpg
10KB, 199x253px
>>18920896

Are you from the parallel universe where the axis won ww2 and japan took over america while germany took over europe. C-5369? That place is a shithole but it has some dank hentai.
>>
>>18920896
Now he looks like this in both carts, while I remember he only looked like this on my brothers cart.
>>18920895
Red/Green in that image was only released in Japan. Load up an english version of the Red cartridge and you will find that the sprites are different!

Does anyone else remember this or is it just me?

!!!
>>
>>18920905

Wait is it possible your parents bought it off hand at a garage sale or something and somehow bought the japanese version? This isn't paranormal this is retarded.
>>
>>18920896
If you guys really give a shit about pokemon sprites they should all be on the bulbapedia pages.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Charmander_(Pok%C3%A9mon)
>>
>>18920908
No we had store bought english versions of the game.
I can't be the only person who experienced different sprites for the Pokemon between the english versions of red and blue.
>>
>>18920831
I had the red version and charmander was my starter. The sprites werent different you are just being retarded. Sorry its not the proof of alternate universe you wanted anon. Although the bernstein bears thing freaks me out cause i read those books when i was younger and i swear they are different than others i saw. Still looking for answers to it
>>
>>18921116
Whatever universe or dimension or realm or whatever I was born in, THEY WERE DIFFERENT!
>>
>>18920908
>This isn't paranormal this is retarded.
Ditto here
>>
File: Attention.jpg (44KB, 500x312px) Image search: [Google]
Attention.jpg
44KB, 500x312px
>>18920831
OP, When did you notice that this wasn't the way you remembered things?

Had anything major or life threatening happened around that timeframe?
>>
>>18921196
>OP, When did you notice that this wasn't the way you remembered things?
Just today.

>Had anything major or life threatening happened around that timeframe?
No. Why do you ask?
>>
>>18921258
>No. Why do you ask?
An old theory I had. I have noticed (for me anyway) certain abnormalities that feel profoundly wrong and they don't match anyone else's recollection. Examples include certain parts of the Catholic mass (before the changes were made) and the value of PI.
>>
>>18921258
These "memory abnormalities" always trace back to an event where death was a possible outcome.
>>
>>18921296
Did you experience some life threatening or major event? What was it?
>>
Honestly, sometimes i'm question the legitimacy of the whole community of this board

I thought /b/ had an hoard of trolls but /x/ is just next level transcended autism at its finest
>>
>>18921304
How?

I do not recall ever coming close to death.
>>
>>18921308
The Catholic mass abnormality I noticed after a car crash in 2000. During the consecration of the host the priest says "through him with him and in him....(too long)...forever and ever". All of my childhood memories of Mass (went to a Catholic elementary so there are a lot) include the congregation *singing* this with the priest. After the crash, no one did it. I asked friends and family, and everyone claims that is how it has always been, and has no memory of singing that part.

The Pi abnormality happened in 2006 when I blew out a sinus cavity during an un-pressurized training flight. Before then, I distinctly remember Pi calculated to 3.151.... (I was 25 at the time and had taken and passed calculus, so I had to have know it properly). Now it is 3.141...

Take from it what you will.
>>
>>18921370
Pi is derived from a perfect circle, how could that value have changed?
>>
>>18921400
Nice Dubs.

I didn't say I understood how it worked, I only offer my observations.
>>
cartridge version of red and blue (outside of japan) definitely used different sprites.

when pokemon first came out in japan, it was only red and green. when it was released in america, it was red and blue, but blue had the sprites from the japanese green version.

dunno why the rom is showing the same sprites.
>>
>>18921498
It could be a dimension jump. OP may have discovered a difference between the dimensions that no one else has yet discovered.
>>
This isn't /vp/ you fucking retard.
>>
>>18922515
No but it is related to /x/.

I also created a thread in /vp/ if you want to see it.
>>
I have an unquestionably accurate recollection of playing red with different sprites to my brothers blue. Definitely not mis-remembering or anything like that. The english was identical to current ROMs (even verified the MD5 hash to make sure).

We had Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, and Silver. I remember the sprites being different in all of them. Just about all of the sprites in Red were better than Blue, some of the sprites in Yellow were a bit better. The sprites in Gold were better than the ones in Silver.

I had a Mew and on my Red cart it was flying, did not look like the current red/blue version, or the Japanese red/green version.
>>
>>18920831

I had the two and they were identical, you're mistaking it for the yellow or green version.
>>
>>18922680
Please see
>>18922675
This anomaly is not caused by mistaken identification. Either the cart was some hack (unlikely), or something strange/paranormal has happened.
>>
File: 1491878853171.png (70KB, 250x235px) Image search: [Google]
1491878853171.png
70KB, 250x235px
>We all clearly remember pikachu having a black tip on its tail
>Now its pure yellow
WHAT THE FUCK
>>
File: 1491877418130.png (84KB, 250x235px) Image search: [Google]
1491877418130.png
84KB, 250x235px
>>18922750
>>
Guys it was the Samuel L Jackson effect. Don't deny it, he motherfuckin switched between motherfuckin dimensions. Clearly it's not misinfo or misremembering, we MUST blame the universe for this!
>>
>>18922796
>>18922750
That damn black tip missing off pikachu's tail!! I clearly remember in the 90s his tail had a black tip. I worked at a suncoast video and we watched those damn videos over and over!
>>
-I remember Houndour and Houndoom from Pokemon being Generation 1 Pokemon VERY vividly. I have a foggier memory of them being numbers 125 and 126.
-I remember Snorunt being in Pokemon Crystal. I remember encountering it in those ice caves before the 8th gym, and thinking how cute it was.
>>
>>18920831
Maybe you played a translated Jap. version of Red.
Originally, Red And Green (Japan only) had different sprites, but they changed when it was released in the US under Red and Blue.
So most likely maybe a English version of Red with Jap. sprites.
>>
>>18922876
Holy shit are you me? I remember playing Gold/Silver as a kid, getting into the Ice cave right after fighting team rocket/pryce and fighting snorunt.
Never caught it, just thought it was another shit ice type.
>>
>>18920831
Yes they were different, charmelion looks like he had downs in red, thats how I remember.
>>
>>18922897
Lies, I had both I swear to god the OP is correct.
>>
File: Gotta_catch_them_all.png (210KB, 1600x342px) Image search: [Google]
Gotta_catch_them_all.png
210KB, 1600x342px
>>18922942
>plays Pokemon
>doesn't try to catch 'em all
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.