[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Living Alone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

File: 20121019_tgf_movies2.jpg (69KB, 576x360px) Image search: [Google]
20121019_tgf_movies2.jpg
69KB, 576x360px
Does anyone here live alone? Own/rent your own home, apartment etc. I'm 24 and bought my own house for the first time last summer. I've lived on my own in an apartment but never a home and it just feels really different. Do you ever feel like your mind plays on tricks on you sometimes or you hear things when nothing is there? I'm not talking about schizophrenia. Doesn't living alone for extended periods of time freak you out? Especially at night alone. I can here the faintest of sounds, taps and creaks.

I literally feel like I'm in a suspense thriller. The tension just keeps building and building.

Ugh living alone creeps me out sometimes.

What are your thoughts on living alone /x/? Have you ever had any bad expieriences living on your own? Home Invasions, being robbed, inhuman hauntings etc.
>>
ew fucking normie
>>
That's why I have a dog.
>>
>>18919282

I've lived alone for years, and have only really had anxiety for a week or two after moving to a new apartment (mostly just getting used to the difference in noises and stuff). Living alone doesn't bother me, because I don't really feel like there's anything to fear.
>>
File: rrtrterte.jpg (41KB, 432x449px) Image search: [Google]
rrtrterte.jpg
41KB, 432x449px
>>18919282
Millennial's idea of a event of Terror: Being alone in a house
>>
Tbh same
>>
>>18919282
I love living alone in a house. Making smoothies at 3 am in the night and walking around with your dick hanging is da bomb.
>>
>>18919282
I live alone, my neighborhood is infamous for the high paranormal activity. I've getting used to strange noises and shadowy figures creeping in my room
>>
>>18919376
How the fuck can you just 'get used' to something like that?
>>
>>18919378
I live in a southeast asia country, paranormal activities and things like that are very common
>>
Been living alone since last year, my previous apartment was pretty unsettling and the neighbours were assholes, so I moved to another apartment with even worse neighbors but everything else is cool. Nothing interesting happened so far, it's all calm.
>>
>>18919401
I couldn't imagine paranormal activities being a normal thing. I've had minor paranormal experiences when I was younger, but nothing extreme. Although, at some point in my life i suffered from Schizophrenia, so i heard noises that weren't real, saw things that weren't there ect. I guess that comes close to a paranormal experience.

If anyone's interested i can do a short greentext on it.
>>
>>18919401
Is your house on a ley line by chance?
>>
>>18919282
you need a dog, if there's creepy noises and the dog doesn't flip its shit. then it's nothing to worry about
dogs know

or do like I did and live in an apartment complex so any noises can be explained as your neighbors doing shit
>>
You're 24 years old and have bought your own home? That is very impressive. Where I live, in order to rent an apartment, you must make at least twice minimum wage. Even minimum wage jobs are scarce. People live together out of necessity... :(

Just be very happy to own a home. Ghosts do not exist. Nothing is there. Even if this was not the case, the tension you describe is your own reaction. Must understand that you have strong will, and it is only a matter of realizing it.
>>
>>18919411
well, i have getting used to it, also in my 20 (i'm 23 now) i've unlocked sort of "Gift" hidden in me. My Senior who have great paranormal experiences (sort of young shaman) said to me that the "Gift" in me supposed to be the sixth sense thingy, and ability to astral projection as easy as flipping my hands without the need to sleep or any complicated methods.

anyway anon, spill the beans, i'm interested in any paranormal stories outside my own country
>>
>>18919447

>be me
> 13-16 years old
>had Schizophrenia
>not sure when it started, but I remember the first symptoms were hearing giggling late at night
>i'd see shadows move in the corner of my eye constantly
>i'd have vivid nightmares where shadows stand at my bedside and watch me sleep
>every single night i'd sit up, sweating, batting my eyes across the room, thinking i'd seen something
>apart from the giggling, i also heard the sound of a dog growling, but we didn't have a dog, and neither did the neigbours
>the sound of the dog growling seemed to come from the hallway outside my room
>usally i'd just sit on my bed, paranoid, drenched in sweat, heart beating, until i finally fall asleep from exhaustion
>this meant i was sleep deprived all the time, which didn't help with the mental illness
>sitting in my room playing vidya home alone one day when the giggling starts again
>fuckthis.wav
>my bedroom was on the first floor so i just jumped out the window and wandered around outside until my family returned home
>seemed like i only have the hallucinations when i'm alone or when everyone's asleep
>turns out the giggling was coming from a toy in the living room, which giggled when you pressed a button on it
>when i heard the giggling at night, i'd wake my family up and ask them if they can hear it
>they said they couldn't even though it was still going
>ended up throwing the toy away
>the noises stopped

part 1/2
>>
>>18919573

>shortly after, due to my sleep deprivation and desperately trying to not go to sleep at night, i induced sleep paralysis on myself
>i didn't realize i couldn't move during it, i just assumed it was a dream
>i moved my eyes around for a few seconds before a floating face appeared above me and started shouting/chanting loudly
>i don't know what language it was, but it wasn't English, that's for sure
>i woke up immediately after, screaming, drenched in sweat
>said prayers and poured salt everywhere for "divine protection" or something like that
>eventually i got over the illness and and stopped hearing noises in the night, seeing things in the corner of my eye
>that was also the only time in my life i'd experienced sleep paralysis

I'm shit at writing, and i have a bad long term memory. nobullypls.

part 2/2
>>
>>18919576
Anon. i'm interested particulary on your sleep paralysis experience. from experiences i've heard from my friends and experiencing it myself, you're one step closer to out-of body experience. Basically your body still sleeping but your consciousness still wake up, therefore you're not seeing your surroundings by your human eyes but your consciousness. You don't have to be tired as hell to induce sleep paralysis, it can randomly happened

also, was that floating face you saw is humanoid? or some kind of demonic like have long and sharp fangs and very round and big eyes and long curly hair?
>>
>>18919618
I don't remember it very well. I remember it was round, it had a gaping mouth and was chanting in some sort of demonic language. I guess i might've repressed to memory to help myself get over it.
>>
>>18919411
do a greentext and post it in a new thread
>>
>>18919638
>>18919576
>>18919573

already did the greentext here. don't think it's interesting enough to warrant it's own thread.
>>
File: leak.jpg (13KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
leak.jpg
13KB, 183x275px
>>18919636
don't worry, no need to push yourself. I also had one encounter with demonic floating face. not when I sleep paralyzed though

i met this dude in floating face form
>>
>>18919652
What do you mean you "met him"? story?

yeah, pic related looks nothing like what i saw, it was far more terrifying.
>>
>>18919282
I guess it depends, on where it is. Some of the bigger houses I lived in were great, modern houses. Not creepy by nature. Really seems to be about how safe you feel you are. Belief is everything, in this life.
>>
>>18919573
>>18919576
I really feel like Schizophrenia is paranormal. They are often very specific kinds of sounds. Not just noise.
>>
>>18919660
hey anon, its me the dude who met a demonic floating face on above post. greentexts incoming
>>
>>18919670
looking forward to it
>>
>>18919667
I don't know about that. It's important to draw a line between paranormal and metal illness.
>>
>>18919435
If you don't live on your own, how can you claim that ghosts don't exist?

Maybe ghosts are homeowners problems.
>>
>>18919378
humans are very adaptable
>>
>be me
>be 20 yo
>be freshman in a college in a southeast asian shithole
>met a senior who grow an interest with me
>turns out he is some kind of young shaman, with tons of experiences and paranormal thingy at his disposal
>talks for days about paranormal thingy
>reveals that i have some kind of "gift" hidden in me
>he said he'll help unlock that for me
>ff he "unlocks" me with some kind of ritual and prays
>he told me to shut my eyes and concentrate
>me feel my body floating, opening my eyes, get up, he told me to look behind me
>me seeing myself sitting, eyes closed, concentrating, with some kind of ethereal string attached between me and my body
>holyshit.gif
>sothisisastralprojection.webm
>he said he'll summon a random astral being to me, validating whether i can see them or not
>that demonic dude pics related above popped up out of nowhere
>staring at me, sinister eyes and demonic teeth
>holyshit.gif
>tried to get back to my body
>like in the films
>success
>he asks me what i saw
>that demonic floating face dude
>thats correct he said

well my life will never be normal again after that
>>
>>18919282
>he didn't become an incredibly paranoid shut-in for a year

get on my level OP
>>
>>18919731
Have you attempted astral projection since then? how do you feel during it? are you floating? do you feel like you're just a consciousness that is there and can see things like in a dream?
>>
>>18919750
>Have you attempted astral projection since then?

every single time i want it, turns out that the "gift" hidden in me is the ability to do astral projection without complicated methods, only concentration needed. i feel that i am exist, but the world seems "different", hardly describing it, the looks still same but the feels are completely different when my consciousness is in my physical body. and its a tiring business, i need lots of sugar to recover lost energy after each astral session.
>>
>>18919282
>live in the family house (massive house in countryside)
>disabled have to get neighbor across the road pick food from town (charges may $10 even though he goes to town 3 times a day)
>house isn;t messy, but is dusty as hell and because of that i have lumps on my eyes, the doctor says people who've been working on building sites whole life only get these lumps
>house is hauntedm during the day i hear doors opening and closing, radio turning on and kettle turning on
>at night i hear whats like something dragging itself up the hall past my room to the restroom

i hate my life
>>
>>18920107
Why are ghosts such asshole's? Why do they have to fuck with people so much?
>>
>>18919416
nope, but my parent's house is standing on a some kind of "astral highway" where astral being travelling to various places via some kind of portal. My old bedroom in my parent's house is the exact place where the portal located, heard noises and saw shadow figures every night, pretty used to it
>>
>>18919282
Live in a Basement Apartment. Been living alone for a while now.

Had a few strange experiences, but where very far apart. Shit like:
- Ghost walking around late a night at my Father's place, before I moved out
- substantial feeling of dread in my last apartment , still can't explain the source
- Shower going off on it's own in current apartment.

Been wanting to fuck around with old houses around the area. Those three things tho are the most notable so far.
Could green text the stories.
>>
>>18919401

Yeah fuck mainstream science, I'd like to see that motherfucker richard dawkins try to debunk that shit.
>>
>>18919282
Just spirits of the dead warming the house while you sleep. Sprinkle holy water in the corners and do a middle pillar ritual and they probably won't suck the blood from your eye sockets.
>>
>>18919282
I turn on talk radio - either coast to coast am or sports talk and listen to that all night. I use internet radio since no good stations are near me. I don't hear a thing in my house because the radio plays all night. If it shuts off for some reason that wakes me up and I re-establish connection.
>>
>>18919282

>bought my own house for the first time last summer

OP you didn't buy a house "for the first time."
>>
>>18919282
I LOVE living alone. I wish I lived alone again. People can drive you completely crazy.
>>
>>18919282
I do, but my neighbors are pieces of shit who won't stop yelling, so I rarely feel alone.
>>
>>18919282
I don't live alone, but sometimes when my girlfriend is out, and I'm alone, I do feel like I'm being watched or there's another prescense in the apartment. Anyways, kudos on owning a home at that age. I'm 24 also, but living in an apartment.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.