[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Christian mysticism general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (337KB, 2048x1366px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
337KB, 2048x1366px
I'm most knowledgeable about Eastern Orthodox mysticism, so anyone who knows the Catholic shit would be welcome.
>>
>>18919144
>Christian Mysticism

Oxymoron. Christ said no magic or sorcery.
>>
>>18919197
This.
>>
Google: gnosticism
OG
>>
>>18919197
That's why they probably hid it
>>
>>18919225
magic just sends people insane anyway
>>
>>18919197
The enormous amount of historically christian mystics super disagree with you there https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_mysticism
>>
>>18919239
And they were all acting wrong and against the Christ they pretended to serve.
>>
>>18919197
>Roman Catholic reporting
We do it all the time at mass
>>
>>18919256
How?
>inb4mentalgymnastics
>>
>>18919273
I mean no christian mystic with any sense is going to engage with you on this if you a) think christian mysticism doesn't exist and b) reveal your bias with the "inb4mentalgymnastics" business
>>
>>18919144
The reformation had some wacky antics when people realized they could shoehorn any old tosh into their denominations.

And I mean more than the Rosicrucian shit of "Oooo we're super secret guys, our old ass dude went to the middle east and shit, but we'll provide no actual substance to this claim or give any reason for you to believe we have this knowledge, but trust us its for real"
>>
>>18919286
>

Why not? But ok. Perhaps I'm seeming like an asshole. I know a concept of Christian Mysticism exists and it's practiced, but by my understanding, such a thing isn't even condoned by Christ?
>>
>>18919306
its more against mysticism used by satan or non believers, at least thats how it was presented to me
>>
>>18919306
>>18919341
also, not the guy you were talking to
>>
>>18919144
Mysticism is an apostolic tradition which is neither magic nor is it gnostic. To be counted among the mystic you need intense humility and respect for the graces and gifts of the Holy Ghost and the spiritual direction of the Church. Mystics face often to themselves errors, false revelation, and pride.
I don't recommend a mystic life to anyone who isn't in regular contact with a spiritual advisor of the Church.
Devotions such as the Rosary or what is known as Lectio Divina are recommended.
>>
File: angry-jew[1].jpg (45KB, 440x515px) Image search: [Google]
angry-jew[1].jpg
45KB, 440x515px
>>18919363
This.

To be honest, I dabbled in CM for a while and it fucked me up. All mysticism is dangerous.

Christ says no to the sorcerers for a reason.
>>
>>18919424
It isn't sorcery. People who are genuine mystics are usually canonized for their incredibly holy lives. Read the lives of St. Francis of Assisi, St. Catherine of Siena, St. Pio of Pietrelcina, or the ancient Desert Fathers of Egypt.
I am warning against the people on this website, who are more generally interested in things that are diabolical and preternatural, from misusing the traditions of Christian mysticism to suit some sort of dangerous curiosity. This is a tradition meant for people who are called to a certain kind of sanctification and theosis that is incredibly special.
That being said I will say again that the devotions of the Holy Rosary, Lectio Divina, etc. are lesser forms of mystery that will not lead to prelest and in-fact work against it.
>>
bump because I actually like this topic
>>
>>18919144
Do you believe humans accessed eternal life technology thousands of years earlier than now?
>>
>>18919144
I'm Catholic. Mysticism isn't bad, it isn't influenced by the devil or something like that. It is just a gift that God gives you. The idea of mysticism may be very exciting, but don't focus on that, just be a good son of God and then everything else will come naturally.
>>
>>18919197
>>18919306
Christian Mysticism doesn't refer to the magic that you're thinking of. It refers to stuff like performing miracles, such as healing sick people by calling on the Lord's power.

See
>>18919457
The people mentioned are all said to have performed miracles. They didn't just wake up one day and decided they wanted to learn how to heal people, or whatever they are each known for. It was kinda just a natural byproduct of their faith in God. I doubt that Christian Mysticism is something you can just learn, unless you have a strong faith in God. A lot of the saints who are known for miracles were also known as scholars or theologians. Meaning they all had a deeply rooted faith in their creator, who gave them the ability to perform miraculous deeds.

The magic that you guys are referring is wrong because it tends to involve putting your trust/faith into a being that isn't affiliated with God. It's essentially a form of idolatry.
>>
>>18922080
Consistent.
>>
File: 1492705392280.jpg (610KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1492705392280.jpg
610KB, 1920x1080px
>>18919144
>>
>>18922194
Great example of new-age kike misinformation. Prey on the weak while you can, I have no remorse knowing what will happen to you.
>>
>>18919197
Mysticism is neither magic or sorcery. The more you know.
>>
>God hates magic it's a sin
>except when you use God to do it, then it's a miracle and ok

Top Kek, checks out
>>
>>18922418
Mysticism is about direct communion with God. That's it.
>>
>>18922445
It stands to reason that an all-power omnipotent omnipresent God wouldn't need you to perform rituals id you need to talk to him

But then Yahwe is obviously not as powerful as the book makes him out to be
>>
>>18922379

1. Older than your belief

2. You are the one preying on the weak, as you collect people who don't like thinking and abuse them. The lazy, the non-thinkers, all fall into your hands.

3. I have no remorse of what always happens to you.

4. You didn't even try to disprove the bible verses I pointed out, that's a good boy, accepting truth.
>>
>>18922497
No sense arguing with these people on 4chan guv, it's like reasoning with a wall. Just let the blind lead the blind, this spiritual sickness will sort itself out
>>
>>18922557

The problem is that they spread their filth and people who want to go to a decent afterlife end in their hands.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.