[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Afterlife

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: ewfg.jpg (61KB, 700x464px) Image search: [Google]
ewfg.jpg
61KB, 700x464px
Is there any proof, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that there is in some way an afterlife?
[spoiler]asking because I'm having an existential crisis and the idea of not existing for the rest of eternity after I die is scary[/spoiler]
>>
>>18918198
No one can prove it. You can only make conclusions based on ones own experiences. And there is a thread like this already up.
>>
>>18918198
>Is there any proof, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that there is in some way an afterlife?
It's mathematically impossible that we'd only exist right now in eternity.
>>
>>18918245
well, then would I experience what they experience or would it be the same as a clone that exists down the time stream and they are like me in every way but I personally don't get to experience anything they are experiencing.
>>
>>18918257
No one can tell you because no one knows
>>
File: TheImperialCult2.png (1MB, 1033x652px) Image search: [Google]
TheImperialCult2.png
1MB, 1033x652px
>>18918198

I can give you pretty strong evidence for a soul which would imply pretty strong evidence for an afterlife.

One example is if you do the "dog - god" switch in the song "Sheep" by Pink Floyd the song takes on an entirely different meaning not likely intended by Roger Waters - a pro-gospel and anti-Jewish narrative. This would imply the song is divinely inspired.

"You better watch out, there may be dogs about!"

"You better watch out, there may be gods about!"

"Have you heard the news? The dogs are dead!"

"Have you heard the news? The gods are dead!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA9sX1M9U7Q
>>
>>18918198
Why would you have a crisis over something you cant control?
>>
>>18918314
but the things you can't control are the things you are most scared of
>>
/x/ really has the most autistic namefags of any board
>>
>>18918322
Really?
>>
>>18918198

You are not special. You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else. We're all part of the same compost heap. We're all singing, all dancing crap of the world.
>>
>>18918245
show the math then Einstein
>>
>>18918320
Valerian root and meditation are great for relieving anxiety. I'm not picking on you, just saying I've been there.
>>
>>18918268
I mean, I like Pink Floyd but I wouldn't use them as a reference for a debate.
>>
>>18918439
>>18918443
Shush knuckle draggers
>>
>>18918439
His name is Robert Paulson...
>>
>>18918439
>unique snowflake
any human is far more unique than any snowflake
consider dna & unique life experiences
snowflakes are around for how long?
>>
>>18918198
It can not be proven or disproven.
Do you believe in an afterlife?
The better question: Do you believe in death? Why?
>>
>>18918492
Death is a word we humans created as a horrible attempt at trying to understand our soul/energy's life(s) cycles or existence as a whole... "Death" as we understand it isn't what it truly is, our reactions, as well as our beliefs aren't normal. That is how religion became.. as another way to try to understand "death" as well as cope with our abnormal reactions.
>>
>>18918439
Thank you for popping up, nihilist.
>>
>>18918198
>the idea of not existing for the rest of eternity after I die is scary
the idea of some people existing for the rest of eternity after they die is scary.
silver lining.
>>
File: love-is-real.jpg (136KB, 800x518px) Image search: [Google]
love-is-real.jpg
136KB, 800x518px
>>18918198
Nobody truly knows until they're dead. But here's the kicker, would you live your life fulfilling your temporal desires, sinning and die and find out there is a hell, Or repent and get to know Jesus, he's your bro, he saves. Life a live of love and obedience for a short time and spend time in eternity? That is you to decide, choose your faith and it will choose you to be part of a divine kingdom. Trust Jesus.
>>
>>18918198
Imo death is nothing else but absence of life. Like coldness is the absence of heat.
Once I got unconscious, there was nothing but the awakening afterwards. No space, no time, no mind. If the awakening would not have occurred, I would not mind.
>>
>>18918198
i can assure you yes, and no i don't have proof.
but basically its a non physical plane where your "essence"/"soul"/"conciseness" resides whilst your cycle of reincarnation is complete and you renter the physical world as a new being.
if there is a heaven, i don't know of it. as far as i know your essence cycles through reincarnation until it eventually returns to its source
>>
>>18918574
>Trust Jesus.

No, we don't have why to trust that desert demon.

I personally was called one day by my God with a Henosis, investigated by my own account and found many religions a devilish thing, including christianity, tired, I prayed to my God and asked Him to show me who He was, and He led to His name, Abraxas.

Yeah, we don't have why to believe people who bash our heads with a book, what do you know.

And if you don't listen they start with the rape of children and the murdering of innocents.
>>
>>18918645
Ask your god to teach you English first.
>>
>>18918198
Is there any sane reason to think there is an afterlife? Not at all. That's kinda the meaning of the word 'death', not working anymore.
>>
>>18918661
Is there any sane reason to think there is such a thing as death? No. Just no. We simply don't know.
>>
Of course not. We'll all find out, though.
>>
>>18918198
I don't think that experience can end.

There is no way to ever experience nothing. You didn't "experience nothing" before you were born because your mind didn't exist. When I die, my mind existed. It was created before death, and it existed as part of the universe (as I am energy).

You can't experience nothingness. Nothing is the lack of reality, and reality always exist.

Take a laptop, smash it into a thousand pieces. The motherboard may be smashed, but you can recover the data. It still exists, it didn't disappear. I know that a computer is less complex than a human mind, but I'm arguing that information, including the information that makes up your consciousness, doesn't vanish. It still exists, as it cannot be non-existent.
>>
File: IMG_0048.png (346KB, 334x333px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0048.png
346KB, 334x333px
Yes, it is possible to prove that we live in an eternal, multi-dimensional universe that is somewhat holographic in nature. Yes, it's possible to provoke a death experience while still alive (what the Bible calls a baptism) and see it all for yourself. Yes, there is historical proof of Jesus' existence. Yes, Jesus was a teacher of a technique that puts your consciousness in direct contact with God's energy. Yes, those techniques are completely not back and Earth will start getting reconnected to the rest of the universe. Yes, evil that denies the multiverse is about to be driven out of Earth forever.
>>
>>18918198
http://www.urantiabook.org/ubsearch/ubsearch.html

(0:5.12) Morontia is a term designating a vast level intervening between the material and the spiritual. It may designate personal or impersonal realities, living or nonliving energies. The warp of morontia is spiritual; its woof is physical.

Paper 48. The Morontia Life
48:0. Paper 48. The Morontia Life
48:1. Morontia Materials
48:2. Morontia Power Supervisors
48:3. Morontia Companions
48:4. The Reversion Directors
48:5. The Mansion World Teachers
48:6. Morontia World Seraphim—Transition Ministers
48:7. Morontia Mota
48:8. The Morontia Progressors
>>
>>18918739
YES
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.