[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Psychedelics and higher states of consciousness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_1594.jpg (260KB, 1100x618px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1594.jpg
260KB, 1100x618px
http://www.wired.co.uk/article/psychedelic-drugs-found-to-cause-a-higher-state-of-consciousness

>When the psychedelic drugs were administered, the team noted the occipital and parietal areas of the brain lit up with increased activity, indicating "a clear increase in signal diversity for all three psychedelic agents at the group level ... " Such an increase in neural signal diversity relates to a higher state of consciousness, previously unrecorded.

Psyches thread.
>>
Do we really need 10 psychedelic threads
>>
>>18917940

I think you may have changed timelines because I'm only counting 2 threads.
>>
>>18917960
Ok, there's 3. I exaggerated. Do Psychedelics interest you?
>>
>>18917966
>Do Psychedelics interest you?

Definitely, I am completely fascinated by altered states of consciousness.
>>
>>18917971
>Definitely, I am completely fascinated by altered states of consciousness.

Ever done any?
>>
>>18917930
>Tfw

You read op's article listen to that guy's Ted talk and realize he has probably never done psychedelics himself. What's with people wanting to try explain things they don't know anything about?
>>
>>18917976

Yes, LSD, Salvia and DMT.
They were all unique experiences that left me questioning the nature of reality and my place in it.
My favorite was DMT, I'm pretty sure no other substance comes close to what it delivers. I've been trying to get my hands on some mushrooms, no luck so far.

Do you like psychedelics?
>>
>>18918008
>Do you like psychedelics?

Yes, I do. I love what they have taught me. Dmt mostly. I agree that nothing comes close to the experience, perhaps death.

I had had a few dream states that were like Dmt, but very rarely.
>>
File: kweek02-2017.jpg (335KB, 1916x708px) Image search: [Google]
kweek02-2017.jpg
335KB, 1916x708px
>>18918008
>I've been trying to get my hands on some mushrooms, no luck so far.

I grow them myself
>>
>>18918068

Nice, pretty jelly right now. I've been thinking about ordering some spores online but I've been hesitant about it, in all honesty, I've been kind of lazy about researching on how to do it, is it hard to grow them? is it expensive?
>>
>>18918068
I'm going to be honest, I have tried a few times and failed, I can extract Dmt with ease, but growing mushrooms, I always fuck it up.
>>
File: flow hood HEPA.jpg (451KB, 1176x1568px) Image search: [Google]
flow hood HEPA.jpg
451KB, 1176x1568px
>>18918086
It's neither hard not that expensive (you need one or more pressure cookers), but you need stringent antiseptic conditions, completely sterile if working with agar. Starting from spore syringes is the best for beginners. Once you have completely colonised mycelium you are relatively safe on the contamination front, then it produces its own antibiotics.

>>18918101
For agar work and even syringes, I only succeeded in a good glove box.

But later I invested $200 in building a HEPA flow hood and it is a life-saver, contamination is 1/10 at most. Much more practical to work with than a glove box too.
>>
>>18917930
>Such an increase in neural signal diversity relates to a higher state of consciousness, previously unrecorded.

This is good research in that I think it'll convince people to take psychedelic experience more seriously, but what does this mean? If these results were previously unrecorded, how do they necessarily relate to 'higher state of consciousness'? A higher state of consciousness is a subjective event.
>>
>>18918068
have fun dying when your mushrooms are cross contaminated by random spores.
>>
>>18918008
>Salvia
Would you say it's worthwhile?

I've heard very mixed things about it.

>I've been trying to get my hands on some mushrooms, no luck so far.
Go to Amsterdam. Psylocibin truffles are legal, and most head shops will be able to point you in the right direction of mushrooms or even sell you some themselves if you ask nicely enough.
>>
>>18918330
one example of such a thing happening. ONE example pls
>>
>>18918330

Bought 7gr of 'shrooms a couple months ago. They turned out to be moldy but ate (most) of them anyway. Threw out what appeared to be sclirotia because they smelled like dirty feet.

The mushrooms worked okay and I am not died. Unless I am become overtaken by a human-pathogenising fungus and am now an unwitting mold zombie.
>>
File: salvia.jpg (33KB, 400x282px) Image search: [Google]
salvia.jpg
33KB, 400x282px
>>18918335

Not going to lie, Salvia can be quite scary, even to seasoned psychonauts. You'll get catapulted into this abstract state in which you lose all sense of self and everything around you will seem absolutely alien, you may even perceive yourself as an inanimate object stuck on fuck knows where.

>Would you say it's worthwhile?

If you like your trips very strange, then yes, it is most certainly worth it. Be cautious, I strongly recommend you have a tripsitter with you, I've noticed that most people want to stand up and move while tripping on it.
>>
I used to like psys when I was younger, but now all I want is to relax and I don't like the stimulation that comes with the trip. All I want anymore is K.
>>
>>18918330
haha m8 you have no idea how the process works.
>>
>>18918634
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Droste_effect

This happened to my perspective when I took salvia. I also started sweating like a madman. It wasn't scary but not exactly enjoyable either.
>>
File: Alan Watts Photo Gallery.jpg (61KB, 726x452px) Image search: [Google]
Alan Watts Photo Gallery.jpg
61KB, 726x452px
>>18918008
Buy some cacti. Its legal in the states. And if you do your research you can find one that is pretty darn active at only 8gs of flesh compared to others at 30gs.

Mescaline has become my favorite
>>
>>18918654
Yeah salvia can be scarey and interesting. I always wanted to do psychs back in HS. But being 28 now and only tripping for like the past 2 years makes me feel I woulda had more likely bad trips if I did them back then cause of my mindset
>>
>>18918673
>And if you do your research you can find one that is pretty darn active at only 8gs of flesh compared to others at 30gs.

I thought Lophophora williamsii was illegal in the US? Or are you referring to some potent Trichocereus sp.?
>>
>>18918068
That's awesome man. I've been growing a few times myself as well. Great fun
>>
>>18918694
Yeah there's a trich I have that's nice at that dose. And a specific cutting I bought from a vendor that I'm trying to get rooted now that anecdotes say its strong aswell.
>>
>>18918673
I wonder if anyone ever asked Mr. Watts how he'd figure out what the message was, and how he'd know if he got it.
>>
>>18918961
I wonder this, all the time, I like many, feel as though they received the same message. It always becomes distorted when trying to share it however.

The very experience in itself, tell yous not to.
>>
>>18918968
I think everyone should read A Fable by Mark Twain. Look it up now if you don't know it, it's a short story that can be read in a couple of minutes.
>>
>>18918973
>think everyone should read A Fable by Mark Twain. Look it up now if you don't know it, it's a short story that can be read in a couple of minutes.

The reality of it is even more bizarre, and funny you say look up. Because, when i realized it, I was looking at the stars, and then I realized that the stars where not outside of me.

How am I meant to relate to an everyday person after this?
>>
>>18918979
>How am I meant to relate to an everyday person after this?
By dropping the misconception that you're somehow more special than them. Read the story, it applies to this very post of yours.
>>
>>18917930
they should only be used for therapy.
>>
>>18918983
I don't believe that there is a them anon, I really don't.

Its hard to talk about.
>>
Someone just tell me I'm crazy so i can go to bed
>>
>>18917930
How fucking silly.

Hallucinogens temporarily increase neuro-plasticity and make our brains take new pathways instead of simply using the ones we've already built up - this is why it's effective when coming up with new or wild ideas or trying to change behavior/thought patterns.

The doctors in this study literally defined level of consciousness by how diverse the neural signals were while under the effects of a hallucinogen. That's completely fucking arbitrary and literally designed just so they could give news outlets that shitty headline.

Fuck right off, I'm glad hallucinogens are finally being studied for their positive effects on those with depression and PTSD and such but stop trying to make it fucking mystical
>>
>>18918047
I've been put in sleep paralysis and dragged into hyperspace 3 consecutive times by malicious entities. On the third time I started chasing them, revealing an ability within me to adapt to the situation and given more attempts I would have learned to fight them. I think that's why they stopped doing it.

I've also had entities come along, while being sober, and try and pull me out of my body.

I was asleep once and woke up to a female entity trying to pull me out of my body. I used my astral arms and got hold of her leg as she tried to leave my bedside, this made her trip and fall, which was a lot of fun. I then got up and we proceeded to have a fist fight until the intensity woke me up for real.

idk these entities really have it in for me.

I've always seen them during trips since my second lsd trip.

At first they had no conception of me, but that all changed when the fire nation showed up

Seriously though, I'm not lying
>>
>>18919792
>Seriously though, I'm not lying

I believe you, people experience things.
>>
Am I wrong in being super scared of reality? Being a consciousness at the mercy of the universe, with no say regarding wether I experience things or not and all that.

Knowing nothing at all about what consciousness is, what I am, wether I have free will, wether death is eternal oblivion or something happens, just makes it even scarier.

Is there another way around this other than trying to take your mind off of it?
>>
>>18920121
>Am I wrong in being super scared of reality?

There is nothing to be afraid of, anon, you've been doing this since the beginning of time, you are very old and very wise, you just don't remember, trust me.

>Being a consciousness at the mercy of the universe, with no say regarding wether I experience things or not and all that

You do have a say in what you experience in your reality, open yourself up only to experiences that increase your growth and your access to the divine love

>Knowing nothing at all about what consciousness is, what I am, wether I have free will, wether death is eternal oblivion or something happens

You are awareness, infinite awareness embodied in this physical reality to experience, you chose to be here, you have a purpose and you are on the right path, I know this because you are asking the right questions.
Death is an illusion, your body will cease to be, but your awareness will remain forever.

>Is there another way around this other than trying to take your mind off of it?

Grab the bull by the horns, don't be afraid to question everything, we all are afraid of the unknown, be brave and remember that the Creator of this beautiful reality is on your side, you are and will always be loved.
>>
>>18920171

THANKS DUDE

It's been almost half a year going through this shit because of a 4 hour long panic attack after getting way too high.

Everyone I try to talk to either thinks I'm tripping way too far or sees my point but never really thought about it the same way, and doesn't care (and I didn't either, before, not as much).

I like the stuff you say. I used to be a hard on atheist but I realized being a pure physicalist is like picking any other religion with no good reason to. The thing is I can't really identify with those claims of there being a creator and love being the basis of reality and all that.

I do think consciousness is a lot weirder than a "secondary effect of neurons working together" and has much more to it than we really know. Maybe it is indeed a universal thing. But still, there are so many questions.

What kind of arguments could you bring forward in order to make me more likely to believe all the cool stuff?
>>
>>18920121
Was going to respond but this anon >>18920171 did well.

>Is there another way around this other than trying to take your mind off of it?

Distractions, anything, from music sex and art, eating food and playing a video game.

Don't complicate your experience with the need to understand it. It can do more harm than good.
>>
>>18920189
Think of the attraction of particles. Their will is to be closer. Your just closing in on infinite. God is the closed system that catches you. After death you search for what you lost. God uses Love to call out to you.Just grab his hand so you don't fall into the ditch.
>>
>>18920198

But so much suffering everywhere, and so much inevitably coming for me. Hard to stay in the present when suffering is everywhere in existence and supposedly I could have been / am anyone since consciousness is universal and stuff.
>>
>>18920207
>So go have fun

Just know, that to be other people. You need to take up their cross. You must make sure to love the parents of other people as they did. You must pay the bills they did. You must learn to love who they loved. While also remembering those you already love.

Too much life is Saturation. It catches you in the black ooze of despair. For you must lose what you gain at some point.
>>
>>18920189

I can't hold your hand and walk it with you, we all have a unique path, what I can certainly do is point you in the right direction, you must believe in the divine love in order to experience it, replace that fear of yours for love, I know this sounds like some cheap self help book, but it is the ultimate truth, love is the only constant in this creation, once you start to feel and spread this love, love will come back to you. Start by meditating and getting rid of all those nasty fearful thoughts in your mind, for they will only hinder your progress, realize that you are not your physical body, don't get attached to the physical drama of this world, for it is only here to teach you.

I hope you find what you are looking for and never forget that love is the only universal constant, believe in it.
>>
>>18920207
>But so much suffering everywhere, and so much inevitably coming for me. Hard to stay in the present when suffering is everywhere in existence and supposedly I could have been / am anyone since consciousness is universal and stuff.

Don't pay attention to it, and yes you will suffer in life, but that's a part of life. It helps you know you're alive. All suffering is truly illusion, I know its very hard to see past it.

Its the way it is. With this experience comes a whole host of bad and good.
>>
>>18920189

This video will help you, anon, David knows what's up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79u0Zh4ebus&feature=youtu.be&t=1
>>
>>18920239
>This video will help you, anon, David knows what's up.

Come on anon, there is much better people to listen to, David Icke has no experience with Dmt
>>
>>18920213
Sometimes I wonder where my love is. maybe my problem is I only envision her as a woman. does god want me to expand my perspective of what love is? why does he deny me a mate with which to share life joyfully...
>>
>>18920239

Isn't the stuff about the lizard people a bit weird?
>>
>>18920242

Did you watch the video? It's not about the DMT, it's about how we are being led to believe lies, listen to it, it's a pretty good speech.
>>
>>18920255

Granted, yeah, it is quite weird, but tell me, isn't our own existence weird enough already? I mean, in a universe of infinite possibilities there is no room for impossibilities.
>>
>>18920263
Honestly I stopped listening to him a while back, I think anyone who is worth listening to doesn't preach fear, of any kind.
He goes on about reptilians and whatnot. Fear. I like Alan Watts, Bashar, Terence McKenna and pretty much any comidain that takes the piss out of the world like George Carlin and bill hicks
>>
>>18920278
I believe that knowledge is never bad, what you do with that knowledge is what matters.

>... and once you got this point where you realize it's an illusion, you can still interact with the illusion and live in the illusion, but you know it's an illusion and illusions only control you when you think they're real.
>>
>>18920070
it's an insane world we're living in
>>
This summer I'm gonna do acid for the first time with a few friends

Any tips?

I'm thinking about taking a low dose Ecstasy pill to boost my mood before tripping to reduce the chance of me getting bad thoughts or getting nervous
>>
>>18922446
>I'm thinking about taking a low dose Ecstasy pill to boost my mood before tripping to reduce the chance of me getting bad thoughts or getting nervous

Don't do that. If anything get drunk for pre flight anxiety, do not do mdma then acid
>>
What about deleriants? They let you see spirits and things out of this dimension.
>>
File: Astrea-Dear_08rgb_230pxlH.jpg (42KB, 172x230px) Image search: [Google]
Astrea-Dear_08rgb_230pxlH.jpg
42KB, 172x230px
>>18917930
>>
people that decide to trip tons of times are always ate the fuck up. terrible response times, no direction, a grave mistake
>>
>>18917930
Not sure I would trust wired magazine. They have some oddball agendas.
>>
>>18922871

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/04/20/psychedelic-drugs-found-induce-higher-level-consciousness/

Better?
>>
Need a psychedelic that doesn't show up on drug tests. Currently there's magic mushrooms and melatonin pills but that's about it. Gimme suggestions bros
>>
>>18925070

As far as I know, the average drug test doesn't detect psychedelics, unless it's a blood test.
>>
>>18917930
Psychedelics are the gateway. They are the elevator to the plateau that a sober monk ascetic might spend a lifetime of study and meditation to reach. They are the tool that can reform the world and pull humanity out of the endless cycle of war, rebuilding, and aggression. They are the key to contacting otherworldly entities, and to journeying to distant worlds.

Mankind will never reach another solar system without the use, integration, and study of psychedelics.
>>
>>18925721
I feel that our natural higher state of consciousness is similar to that of a psychedelic experience - integration with the collective and nature.

These psychedelics are here to help us along that path. Our DNA was damaged somewhere down the line, these psychedelics unlock our latent natural abilities.
>>
File: IMG_1598.jpg (30KB, 237x349px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1598.jpg
30KB, 237x349px
>Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behaviour and information processing. They open you up to the possibility that everything you know is wrong.

I miss Terence
>>
>>18925070
lsd for sure dont come out on any test, shrooms probly too. salvia, dmt is also safe in that regard
>>
>>18917930
(69:5.11) 8. Numerous forms of self-gratification. Some sought wealth because it conferred power; others toiled for property because it meant ease. Early man (and some later-day ones) tended to squander his resources on luxury. Intoxicants and drugs intrigued the primitive races.
>>
>>18925979
correct
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.