[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just had an extremely odd experience

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (1MB, 642x767px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 642x767px
Wrote this down in the notes app couple mins ago

3am lying in bed. Having an unconscious waking dream of talking to my mum. Realistic, fairly normal. She says something weird and i realise im imagining it. Immediately get extremely loud tinnnitus and open my eyes, just staring at the foot of the bed. Feels like my whole body is vibrating. Now for a good 10 seconds whenever I close my eyes or concentrate on the feeling I get this to unbearable levels eyes and body vibrating, extreme tinnitus. Immediately """know""" that it's because reality isn't real and i'm somehow breaking out. Fucking intensely scary, while this was happening I kept having multiple intensely vivid imaginings of getting out of bed and walking to her room to wake her up, with the physical sensations of doing that (sitting up, walking) all there dully. Got some lasting tinnitus from the first minute or so it took to grab my phone and write this, now almost completely gone

/x/ fucking hell do you have any ideas? I had a migraine earlier with the full vomiting ect, which I have fully recovered from at about 7pm.
>>
well done you now know nothing is real.
Now slowly get back to believing everything is actually as it is and act like nothing happened
>>
Oh and i didnt mention that my vision was also affected by "noise" and this increased along with the tinnitus and vibration. As first post said, I'm feeling like it was just something weird and that it probably wasn't reality breaking. Although i was absolutely terrified and convinced it wasn't for about 20 seconds
>>
>>18917302
yeh yeh happened to me too, you'll classifie that as strange shit before you know it
>>
>>18917361
And how do you "know it" now? What more happened to you? I really don't want further shit like this to happen but also curious
>>
nigga u was astral projecting
>>
>>18917434
Nigga it might be that
If i try to do it, hopefully it won't be that intense right?
>>
>>18917434
The flashes of imagination during that were so realistic that it took thinking about them to realise each one hadn't been me ACTUALLY getting up
>>
>>18917434
aka lucid dreaming
>>
>>18917448
>>18917455
what you're describing sounds like astral projecting. im not an expert on it but if you can get it down well enough you'll have more control over the experience.
>>
>>18917505
Yeah im reading up on it and people are describing it exactly like me. Guess i'll just have to try to not shit myself next time and it could be interesting
>>
>>18917274
Sounds like what people call Astral projection
>>
>>18917274
I get it all the time Op, you sound genuine, but the best teacher is self experience. Don't come to us for answers
>>
>>18917519
Nah thanks but youve been useful because I'm not so freaked out now i know it was something cool and not just a seizure
>>
>>18917545
Its very real, it can be very uncomfortable, it use to scare me, but I got use to having the experience.

It doesn't get any easier, just more familiar, some people strive to have these experiences, but you're going to see some pretty weird things. That no one will be able to explain to you.

Pro tip: Take everything you see and interact with, with a grain of salt, don't fixate on entities you may encounter.
>>
>>18917567
Thanks for taking time to explain, this is why 4chan is great
>>
>>18917574
No problem
>>
>>18917274
Sleep paralysis. I hate the vibrating sensation
>>
>>18917274
It's called synchronicity. The body hems it's cycle around a 4-6 hour sleep block with nap refreshes if needed.

What is most impressing on your body when to begin this cycle, is eating a regular breakfast after the bulk of your sleep block.

Seeing that our body perceives time on a self preservation scale. We are able to awake at signs of danger, medium-immediacy and for trivial reasons with minimum lag in physical, spatial and even empathetic awareness.

With food chain dominance, we have no natural predator or natural inter-species conflict (with the exception of warzones) to arouse our natural alarm clock. And leaving our body sleep hindered during peak predator hours is now the norm. Even after a few "civilized" millenia our natural base preservation time is entirely contradicted by our modern implementation of what time is.

Time is the new focus of our alert systems. We fear being short of it and are shamed if it's wasted. This synchronicity we developed, has us checking time based on digital numbers at set reawareness points in our day. Which then makes us aware of recurring numbers.
>>
>>18917721
If we were taught to measure time almost any other way and was more present in nature. The synchronicity would present itself in other forms. Such as seeing 7 ducks flying in formation or winding up with seven stones to use as tools.

Trivial occurrences become significant if we live on a cycle that can be measured by them.

Which is why proto-meteorology, astrology and numerology can be accurate without ever hitting the bullseye.

Also by sleep hindered I meant unless you were a child or female. You were never asleep at night if you weren't secured by shelter or adequate numbers of people.

I believe astronomy was a more elegant and healthy time base for mankind. After it turned to sedentary seasonal farming time base and to our immediate work/school base.

Suddenly everyone realized we lost touch with nature and we really did lose something. It was thousands of years of basing our lives on reoccurring celestial bodies and seemingly trivial happenings that over time became a very accurate and essential tool to base a man's life, procreation and conquests on.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.